[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Le "I hate romances" /v/ meme Can somebody explain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: jc222.jpg (69 KB, 595x303) Image search: [Google]
jc222.jpg
69 KB, 595x303
>Le "I hate romances" /v/ meme

Can somebody explain where this came from? Is /v/ just too underaged to have played Baldur's Gate 2 or something? Even one of the best written games, Planescape Torment, has romances. It was even handled quite decently with Alpha Protocol. I mean seriously, does /v/ have a problem with the way The Witcher handles romance?

If the first two Fallout games (my two favorite WRPGs) had romances, would they better games for it? Maybe, maybe not, but considering the quality of both games writing, it wouldn't have hurt.

So what's the deal, /v/?
>>
>>344317982
It's just masturbation and ads nothing to gameplay. Time spent on this bullshit is time not spent making the actual game better. Go play Ganguro Girl or something if you want a fucking dating sim.
>>
You idiot. It's not because those game had romances, it's being romance has becoming ham-fisted bullshit shoved in every game to fill a checkbox for the corporate tools that now are in charge of most large game development today.
>>
Romance has become*
>>
>>344318119
>It's just masturbation and ads nothing to gameplay.

t. somebody who doesn't play RPGs
>>
Rate the romances based on music
Aerie>Viconia>Jaheira>Anomen
>>
>>344318496
>RPGs mean dialogue choices
That's an adventure game, friend.
>>
File: 1452385449150.jpg (173 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1452385449150.jpg
173 KB, 800x1000
If I want romance I'd play a Rance game.
>>
>>344317982
Been a while since I've seen this pasta
>>
>>344318554
Jaheria>Viconia>Aerie>Anomen

the BG2 ones were good OP, modern Bioware romances are just LGBT propaganda, not role playing
>>
>>344317982
romances are nice i like when my playstaytion games arent just about murdering everything that moves and that characters are being nice to you and would date the based anon. why you wouldnt wanna get that shit?

Edgy murder simulators are getting old
>>
>>344317982
Romances in vidya are actually dumber and more awkward than the ones in anime.
>>
>>344317982
The majority of /v/ is homosexual and homosexual romances in games are still pretty rare which leaves us disgruntled.
>>
Nothing inherently wrong with romances but it would be cancer these days. It's a minefield no one can avoid without facing internet shitstorms.

But they were always only a gimmick; nice to have but not really important.
>>
>>344317982
>Le
>meme
Are you underage?
>>
File: 1444501764684.jpg (41 KB, 460x500) Image search: [Google]
1444501764684.jpg
41 KB, 460x500
>>
>>344317982
To be fair, I don't think romance has ever been implemented that well, since, in a western rpg. They are more like character stories, instead of side-prattle that you get into only at your designated camp-site between story missions. They have conflict and drama, rather than the heavy handed flirt button option they do now.

I remember playing DA:O the first time and it bothered me that all of that stuff was relegated to the camp-fire. And by the time I played Mass Effect 2, it just felt like a chore having to do the rounds between every character, after each story mission.
>>
>>344318889
Honestly can't tell if this is b8 or not.

Kill yourself anyway, just to be safe.
>>
>>344318554
>buy jaheira the magical pendant in the docks
>cuck her with viconia anway
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.