[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Technomancer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: Technoarm.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Technoarm.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
This game is the best hidden gem, review hated game that i have ever had the pleasure to pirate.

Why are you not playing technomancer /v/?

It feels like Dragon Age Origins with choices and all, and plays as a complex Batman Arkham City where enemies attack you without giving any 'PRESS THIS TO DEFEND' hint on top of heir heads. They can also attack at the same time so battle positioning is extremely important in order to face them 1 vs 1 at any time or be killed.

IGN gave it a 4.9 but damn this is at least an 8.

I am even thinking about buying it.
>>
File: 1455051459421.gif (544 KB, 303x357) Image search: [Google]
1455051459421.gif
544 KB, 303x357
>It feels like Dragon Age Origins
>>
I think almost everyone agree that it is pretty nice but have flaws. Shame the devs didn't have the money to send to the critics way so it would be a little more well known.
>>
>>344300187
It really is sad that it is not known at all because it feels great.

>>344299753
Come on, it was pretty good the first time you played it.
>>
lol its nothing like dragon age origins. Dragon age didnt have the insane amount of backtracking as technomancer.
>>
>>344302114
>Dragon age didnt have the insane amount of backtracking

The Deep Roads and the Fade were a horrendous, samey slog and should count as insane backtracking for the purpose of being shit.
>>
>>344299425
Yeah, I was on the hype train before I actually played it. It's bad, bad in almost every way.
the only good things about it are : the world design/concept art.
that's it. nothing else is even remotely good. I really wanted this game to be good and to like it, but it's bad it's almost unplayable.
>>
File: technofaggot.png (585 KB, 800x880) Image search: [Google]
technofaggot.png
585 KB, 800x880
>>344302114
I meant the feeling when completing the quests and moving on. It feels like dragon age origins.

I mostly love it though because it is 'realistic' which translates actually into 'consistent' like metal gear 3 or mass effect 1 is 'consistent'.
Its like, yea this scenario is not realistic at all but given everything they went through lore wise this is exactly as i would imagine the world if i just heard about it.

There is just something nice about about really being able to look at things and not see a lot of stuff that is out of place.

I mean, even when it comes to fighting enemies.
Enemies want to kill you, so they are deadlier than you who is just trying to knock them out and every single one of them is actually hard to beat. So it gives a feeling of something special about who you are fighting in most of the fights.
Feels less like you are knocking pawns and more like you are fighting people. But since you are a special soldier you just have that edge over them that allows you to succeed even though you dont feel superhuman.

Its an amazing feeling.

>>344303248
and i just found out about it yesterday and downloaded it looking briefly at few reviews
>>
>>344299425
>Technomancer
>nomancer
DROPPED
>>
>>344299425
Don't even try to defend that awful fucking battle system.
It turns every encounter into a chore.
>>
File: 1444326378987.jpg (974 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1444326378987.jpg
974 KB, 2000x2000
>mfw there were people shilling this on /v/ saying it was the next Deus Ex
>>
>>344299425
Shill your game somewhere else
>>
>>344299425
>plays as a complex Batman Arkham City
No, it just plays like witcher but with less tools at your disposal. If the combat were as responsive as bam ham then it would be a whole lot better.
>>
>>344299425
I could live with crap combat, crap graphics, bad characters and bad story, but not when they're all in one game.

I think spyder studios are done for after this one, and good riddance
>>
>>344304297
>crap graphics
Nigga wut? Technomancer looks great even on my toaster.
>>
>>344304476
it looks bad and ever runs worse(quality wise, not conceptually), come on man.
>>
>>344304703
My pc barely qualifies as mid range and the game runs and looks great. I don't know what your problem is. Try updating your drivers.
>>
>>344304703
Runs fine with me and i usually have problems with these.
>>
>>344304908
>>344304946
saw Jim Sterlings video and he also said it runs like shit. you can't get 60 fps no way.
>>
File: 1396564485642.jpg (36 KB, 231x278) Image search: [Google]
1396564485642.jpg
36 KB, 231x278
>>344305084
>Jim Sterling
here's your (you)
>>
>>344299425
>ANOTHER fucking game that rips off batman combat
Dropped so hard, thanks OP I was on the fence.
>>
>>344299425
>plays as complex as batman arkham city

lmaoooo
>>
>>344305456
I wish it ripped off batman's combat, but no. It's just a clone of witcher's combat and it's just as bad. At least it can be enjoyable at times though.
>>
File: technomancer.jpg (52 KB, 847x618) Image search: [Google]
technomancer.jpg
52 KB, 847x618
I really enjoyed it. Granted, the combat was terrible, just like Bound by Flame, but I got around that by just playing on normal and cheating maxed out stats.

The first part of the story I felt was amazing. It gave me star wars vibes. The feeling of being a young freshly trained superhuman with supernatural abilities assigned to the military immediately as a minor officer and having men put under your command was great. You could literally substitute the technomancers for Jedi and the Abundance for Republic and it would work.
Pros:
>good story
>few but meaningful choices
>interesting setting for once
>combat is spectacular to watch if you remove the difficulty
>good soundtrack
Cons:
>terrible combat
>little zone variety
>insane ammount of backtracking

I had hoped the story would focus more on the Technomancers and the Earth, the conflict with ASC felt a little too arbitrary and uninteresting.
The twist at the end disappointed me. It was too obvious that Earth was gone, so halfway through the game I began to suspect a better twist - that what everyone thought was Mars was actually post-apocalyptic Earth. For example, nowhere in the game do they explain why there's suddenly a breathable atmosphere on Mars. And then there's all these ruins all over the place that look like ancient ruins on Earth. Needless to say, I was disappointed when they went for the obvious twist.
>>
>>344305456
Its not a ripoff in the sense that positioning matters and you cannot counter, only evade and knock back enemies/ interrupt their movements

It is a ripoff in the sense that combat is not lethal and gives the feeling of batman

It mixes up with witcher when it comes to fighting with staff, but it also has shield and dagger + gun that do not feel much like it
>>
File: 1463947752611.png (160 KB, 542x479) Image search: [Google]
1463947752611.png
160 KB, 542x479
>that one bait and switch
Fuck you dandildo, you told me I was going to disney world.
>>
>>344305181
i recognize that unicorn fucker
>>
>>344299753
But thats the good Dragon Age
>>
File: 1399574362981.png (9 KB, 117x166) Image search: [Google]
1399574362981.png
9 KB, 117x166
>>344306207
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.