[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a more pathetic example of console players being objectively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 37
File: torbjorn-nerfed.jpg (19 KB, 300x187) Image search: [Google]
torbjorn-nerfed.jpg
19 KB, 300x187
Is there a more pathetic example of console players being objectively bad at video games than Blizz needing to nerf torb's turret damage by THIRTY GODDAMN PERCENT?

The reason they gave was that console players couldn't aim as well with the controller and couldn't kill the turret fast enough, but that's bullshit. The turret is stationary, aiming at it is no issue no matter what.

The problem is that console kiddies are so used to their arcade shooters that they just rush in one by one and fucking die. I've watched my little brother play overwatch on his PS4 and the players are all trash. No communication, no grouping up, and fucking NOBODY would ever think to just maybe get behind a Reinhardt's shield.

Why are they so bad? I used to play primarily on consoles and I like to think I'm at least decent at any game I put time into.
>>
>its a console thread
>>
File: 1466549663426.gif (289 KB, 177x177) Image search: [Google]
1466549663426.gif
289 KB, 177x177
>>344292423
When torbs turret can snipe better than Widow AND has a lock on then something has got to be done
>>
>>344292423
Thumbnail looks like butts
>>
>>344292646
Just throw up literally any shield and kill it. Torbjorn is one of the worst heroes in the game because he falls apart at even mediocre coordination, and he's basically dead weight if the enemy team is staying behind a Hardt or having a monkey jump on his turret with a bubble.
>>
>get Overwatch on console
>no cheaters
>no toxic community
>torb being nerfed so the match quality improves considerably

Feels good to play on the best platform.
>>
>>344292904
>It's a "everyone but me is toxic" kid
Stay on consoles, wimp.
>>
>>344292904
>having trouble with torb ever.

You're bad. You're seriously terrible.

Look at placings for heroes. Torb is so fucking low on the list I think only Symmetra, Zenyatta, and D.VA are behind him.
>>
>>344292904
>no toxic community

Yeah because there's no community at all ;^)

Nobody communicates on consoles, boyo. Have fun solo queuing.
>>
>>344292646
>Zootopia gif

You know /trash/ is basically the unofficial furry board now. You should stay there.
>>
>>344292423
the damage nerf was stupid, all they had to do was add a slight delay between the turret locking on and it firing so you can take potshots without losing a large chunk of life
>>
>>344292816
He doesn't fall apart to mediocre coordination.
His turret does.

There is a big difference, especially since torbjorn DPSes harder than almost all the offense classes.
>>
>>344294375
It's pretty easy not to get hit by taking a snapshot and getting back into cover
>>
>>344294708
>there's a big difference

Uh, regardless of how much you THINK a torb can do with his rivet gun, there isnt. He can really only take on squishy characters that shouldnt be trying to solo his turret anyway.

Again, look at the placings for heroes. You're objectively wrong if you think torb is OP. Communicate with your fucking team, scrub.
>>
>>344294829
Yeah for like 8 damage when the turret shoots you a single time.

Boo fucking hoo.

>t-the torb is shooting at me too

If the torb is shooting at you from the same angle his turret is, he's almost certainly doing it wrong and losing to him is hilariously bad.
>>
>>344295514
>>344294829
Oh, I thought you said it was pretty easy TO get hit. My mistake.
>>
>>344295360
Torbjorn isn't OP and I never said he was.
I am just pointing out that he does TWICE the dps of a useless Genji, has no falloff distance unlike reaper and tracer and soldier, has a fair amount of self sufficient durability from spamming armor on himself unlike mccree, and can jam his gun up a tank's ass and blow them up for 150 rightclick, 300 headshots.

You called him "the worst hero in the game", and I'm calling you a retard.

Your shitty opinion only exists because he attracts the players with the worst aim, thinking they can tf2 engineer their way to victory.
>>
>>344296151
Uh, no, I called him "ONE of the worst heroes in the game," which is correct. The worst overall is probably either Diva or Zenyatta.

Did you think I'd fucking forget what I'd said or something?

>Your shitty opinion only exists because he attracts the players with the worst aim, thinking they can tf2 engineer their way to victory

Then why doesn't he do well in high level play, fuccboi? Why aren't all the pro Toblerones doing work?
>>
>>344296767
Are you a high level player, you smug little cunt?
Are you one of those godlike mccrees and widowmakers that land 3 headshots on a jumping monkey and instagib him?
That instantly take the heads of anyone not behind a shield?
No?
Then don't talk about high level play like it matters to you.

With only 6 slots available to break map chokes and do objectives, every pick needs a very big reason for their pickup. Any "spare" slots is better off using snipers at high level.

But, you know, you are probably the usual cunt bitching about double snipers on your team, so if you are only at that level, why talk about competitive setups?
>>
>>344297467
>are you a high level player

Better than you, if these posts are anything to go by ;^)

And even if I wasnt, I don't need to be to prove you wrong. Just watch

http://masteroverwatch.com/heroes/pc/global/mode/ranked

See? Fucking see it?

Torb is good for defending only very few points where he can move around without having to worry too much about bwing flanked or sniped when he's trying to relocate his turret (which a good torb should be doing all the time, not that you'd know) like King's Row point A.

I will admit that he's a bit higher up than I remember, but that chart is for ALL of competative, not just the higher levels, which I can't seem to find at the moment, but him being mid-low tier is still WAY lower than what you're trying to say.

Love how you're taking the stance of somebody who's trying to defend Torb now as you've been proven wrong, when originally you were bitching about him being too good~
>>
>>344292423
>Why can't the guy with no arms play as well as the ones with arms?
You fucking stupid faggot kys
>>
>>344298313
not the guy you're replying to, but his stats show one of the highest win averages, the highest k/d, and a average pick rate. I know you're not saying he's awful or anything, it just seems that he's situational and very effective in those situations.
>>
>>344298313
I wasn't the original poster bitching about him being too good.

I was just calling you out for calling him useless, in a game filled with useless heroes.
But sure, the next time I see Torbjorn kill anything at all, or hold points with clutch plays while his whole team is dead, I'll be sure to remember he is useless and low-tier, as explained by some scrub trying to master his shitty high-tier Genji that requires so much skill but is still so worthless. See you at the next big tournament!
>>
>>344298650
But it's not about aiming, it's about communication and coordination, which console players are perfectly capable of but refuse to do.

I've played OW with a controller on a few occasions, hitting a fucking stationary turret is no harder than with a M+KB. Maybe the turn speed is slightly slowEr so it takes an extra fraction of a second, but even if that did make a difference against something that doesn't do burst damage the only nerf torb would have needed for consoles was a slight turn speed nerf to his turret.

Shit, even on PC I would rather torb have a lower turn speed on his turret but have it do more damage in return. Keep it just high enough for it to track a tracer who's in front of it and give it like 10% higher fire rate or something. It's not particularly useful to torb to have it instantly lock on when you're playing against a decent team and it's really just more annoying than anything.
>>
>>344292646
>When torbs turret can snipe better than Widow AND has a lock on then something has got to be done

right because the turret one shots people like a widowmaker right?

fucking braindead retard its an automatic turret the playerhas no control over ofcourse it will have lock on torb is going to be trash tier
>>
>>344292904
>No cheaters
Anon....
>>
File: 1467835224090.gif (461 KB, 350x292) Image search: [Google]
1467835224090.gif
461 KB, 350x292
>>344299053
Yeah, like Symmetra.

But, again, that chart is for all of competative, not just the good ones, so the heroes who are easier to use will see a bit of a boost.

>>344299125
>I-it wasn't me who said that!

>when the posters count didn't go up when you started replying
>>
>>344295360
Except he is on consoles, which is what we are talking about. He isn't being nerfed on pc because there isnt a problem considering keyboard and mouse are a shit ton better.
>>
>>344292423

It has less to do with skill and more to do with choice of input device.

This is why PC is superior, mot because MYH TRIBE shit
>>
>>344299493
See
>>344299128
>>
>>344299529
But all that would have been needed was a slight nerf to the turret's turn speed to compensate for the players' lower turn speed. That's really it.

I'll say it again, aiming at a turret with decently large hit box that isn't moving at all isn't a problem with a controller. It's that nobody on console works together.
>>
>>344293357
It wasn't like this.

Parties has fucked everything up. Lobbies used to be booming with microphones, but not everyone would rather listen to their faggot friends breathe day in and day out.

>hurr my pubs are too retarded to talk to
fuck off. how did you meet your online friends in the first place?
>>
>>344299925
>not everyone wants to listen to you

Then play a game that doesn't require you to communicate.

And what do you mean it wasnt always like this? Parties have been a thing for way longer than overwatch has.
>>
Look this guy with a hammer can't turn screws! Lol I bet if I was using a hammer I could turn screws than this guy!
>>
>>344300350
See
>>344299128
>>
>>344300464
It's harder to aim with a controller and you don't have a chat. Has nothing to do with console players being bad.
>>
>>344300741
You have voice chat and every console comes with a microphone now. Knowing that's your only way to communicate, there's no real excuse not to use it.

And again, even with a controller aiming at the turret is poss easy. Shit, even without communication players should be smart enough not to trickle in constantly, but they're not and they do.
>>
>>344295360
I regularly snipe pharahs widow makers and hanzos , shotgun tracers, single shot genji's, and when molten core I rape reinhardts, monkeys, and sometimes roadhogs if I have some help(from my turret).

People who say torbjorn is bad only play with losers who are bad at shooters and rely on his turret
>>
>>344300464
Op made the wrong conclusion and my tool analogy fits perfectly. It comes down to practice and input device, that's why they nerfed the turret only on console.

I am happy about it, but I too rather had a different kind of adjustment than dmg nerf
>>
>>344300947
I don't remember having a mic with my ps4. I skype with a friend now and then and then and we manage to take it out easily but if it's more than one it gets tricky.
Also I play in europe and most people don't even speak English
>>
>>344292423
>The turret is stationary, aiming at it is no issue no matter what.

This would be fine if you were not also dealing with enemy players.

Think.
>>
>>344301021
Uh, your tool analogy only works when you think controllers are what makes fighting torb difficult, which is wrong.

If anything torb is one of the EASIEST characters to fight if you're forced to use a controller.
>>
>>344301018
The problem is that scrubs tend to pick the chars according to tournament picks or competitive value although they're playing at a casual level.
>>
>>344301268
Enemy players who have the same aiming disability that everyone else does.

It balances out.
>>
>>344295360
>can 2 shot a FULL HEALTH winston with alt fire
>This is balenced
>>
>>344301308
I think the aim aid doest work on the turrets and when an enemy players walks past your Crosshair your reticle gets dragged away.
>>
>>344299925
>not everyone
I meant just everyone

>>344300208
I meant it wasn't like this on the PS3, which had no party system. Everyone used to talk to each other.
>>
>>344301018
You're playing against idiots who don't understand that torb can hit them at range. That rivet is so fucking slow anyone who gets "sniped" by it when they saw you shooting are terrible, ESPECIALLY the widows.

>I rek people when I ult

Uh, ok? Find a damage dealing hero that doesn't.
>>
>>344301427
but thats the thing, everyone is shitty at aiming so overall DPS goes down. Thus in relation to the damage everyone else is doing the turret is doing a lot more damage since its consistent.

everyone is bad on consoles, lets leave it at that
>>
>>344292423

The problem was that the turret has a serious problem of auto lockon where hitting it with the m/kb would be faster than slowly turning with the analogs before any serious damage was done.
>>
>>344301646
Console has aim assist now? It didn't last time I played on it.

Just turn it down, then.
>>
File: 1277858518866.jpg (28 KB, 331x319) Image search: [Google]
1277858518866.jpg
28 KB, 331x319
>overwatch on console thread
>>
>>344301743
But since aiming BACK at the turret is just as easy as it is on PC, damage being done to the turret should be the same.

Should be, if maybe somebody would get behind a shield and work together or something.
>>
>>344301263
PS4 comes with a mic, it's an earbud with inline mic.
>>
I'm forced to play on PS4 because my PC is a toaster (literally have to run TF2 with an fps config to break 40+ fps) and I have to agree. I had absolutely zero problems with torb pre-nerf because I know how to use my teammates to take out his turret, even if they're acting like idiots. NOBODY ELSE FREAKING DOES. I'M PLAYING WITH DROOLING MONGOLOIDS NONSTOP PLEASE HELP ME.
>>
File: 1465861016451.png (990 KB, 1280x1211) Image search: [Google]
1465861016451.png
990 KB, 1280x1211
>All these Torbjorn players mad that they're losing their free kill turret
Cry me a fucking river.

>>344292423
>Implying you even play on console
It's broken as fuck, so shut the fuck up you dumb motherfucker. His turret can snipe you from across the map and the fact that it auto locks onto you the moment you walk out into the open is fucking bullshit.

>>344293149
Torbjorn has the highest winrate on consoles for his turret alone.
You don't have the same precise aiming you have on PC, and there's actually something wrong with the aiming in general on consoles, so pulling off precise shots is much harder than one would think.
>>
>>344299925
>fuck off. how did you meet your online friends in the first place?
not him but i met mine with ingame chat. i've known them for 8+ years now and have never once talked to them over mic

get fucked nigger
>>
>>344294375
All his level 2 turret needed was a -50 hp nerf. That's it. Cut it down to 250. Boom.
>>
>>344302348
>Torbjorn has the highest winrate on consoles for his turret alone.

This has nothing to do with torb being too good on console, and everything to do with console players being too bad.

>I-Instant autolock when I can't aim as fast!

Uh, turret doesnt damage in burst, bud. The difference is maybe being shot a maybe two extra times while you turn to aim, which shouldnt be a problem unless you're tracer or some shit.

Even if it was a problem, all that would have been needed is a slight nerf to the turret's aim speed to compensate, but noooo, console whiners must be needlessly pampered and pandered to.
>>
>>344301263
>I don't remember having a mic with my ps4.
It was the earbud you got.
>>
This is a issue of sensitivity. On PC you can just drag your mouse faster to turn your character around faster but with a controller it doesn't matter how hard you push on the joystick, your turning speed depends on your sensitivity. You can't adjust as easily.
>>
File: angrypuss.jpg (47 KB, 564x400) Image search: [Google]
angrypuss.jpg
47 KB, 564x400
once again console players have to ruin a game for everyone else cause they simply cant use a mouse and keyboard...its whatever keep throwing your money away on trash
>>
File: Torbjorn upskirt.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Torbjorn upskirt.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>344302768
Even with 100% sensitivity the turning isn't very fast.

>>344302797
The nerf is on console only you fucking fag.
>>
>>344302348
>peak
>see turret
>go back into cover
>line up shot for when you poke back out
>slide out
>kill turret

ez. You don't need to aim to take it out and the turret doesn't do big damage, I can destroy it as mercy
>>
>>344302768
See
>>344299128

All that was needed was to reduce the turret's turn speed to compensate for slower aiming. 30% damage nerf (which fucking destroyed him. He's absolute garbage on console now) was nothing but pandering to the low skill whiners.
>>
File: grim fandango.png (20 KB, 659x551) Image search: [Google]
grim fandango.png
20 KB, 659x551
>>344302768
this.
>>
>PC players got 2 characters nerfed because they suck.
>Make fun of consoles for needing a single character nerfed.

???

Widow and McCree should be returned to normal on console, they were fine.
>>
>>344302768
/thread
>>
File: 1442959420988.png (175 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
1442959420988.png
175 KB, 848x900
>>344302708
not him, but look, im ok with it's damage, resistance, im a bit iffy about how fast they can build them, but i can deal with that.

What i really wish they nerfed is it's reaction time and aiming speed. It's really fucked if a turret can kill you before you can even realize from were you're getting shot at. Also, it's range it's fucking retarded.
>>
>>344303172
McSkill was just as popular on console before the nerf. Flash n fan doesn't really require any aim, you know.

Widow I kind of agree, it was silly to nerf her on console when she was never good there to begin with, but trying to say she wasn't overpowered on PC pre-nerf is laughable.
>>
>>344302914
>Peak
>See turret
>Turret turns to auto-aim onto you, forcing you to take damage every time you peak out before it's finally killed
>Have to also worry about the fact that Torbjorn never strays too far away from his turret, and there's no doubt going to be an enemy that flanks you
>>
>>344292423
>I've watched my little brother play overwatch on his PS4 and the players are all trash. No communication, no grouping up, and fucking NOBODY would ever think to just maybe get behind a Reinhardt's shield.
9/10 PC matches are the same
>>
>>344302404
>being so beta that you refuse to talk to your friends

lmao
>>
>>344303172

widow needs to be reverted on console, she is absolutely useless
>>
>>344303404
>peaking more than once to aim
>caring about a torb that's trying to babysit his turret instead of sneaking up on niggas
>being bad

Stop being bad
>>
>>344303404
>also have to worry about the fact that torbjorn never strays too far from his turret

YOU'RE LOSING TO TERRIBLE TORBJORNS. NOT EVEN GOOD ONES. YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD.
>>
Console players are massively handicapped because they have to aim with a controller
>>
File: 1463775017000.gif (955 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1463775017000.gif
955 KB, 360x360
>>344303530
>not playing with the turret
>>
>>344303605
See
>>344299128
>>
>Console players feel like what it is to play a crappy pc to console port for once
>>
>>344303685
see
>>344302768
>>
>>344303652
You play with the turret by moving to a position to cover it from! While there are times when tanking behind your turret is the best option, it's almost always better to be somewhere you can shoot people in the back or side when they have to face your turret, so they're forced to either focus you or focus the turret. It's especially useful when a reinhardt is coming in and you shoot him in the back of the head, making him turn around and forcing him to expose himself to your turret or continue being shot in the head.

Obviously hardt is going to have teammates behind him if their team is any good, but making him turn around or diverting the attention of his teammates away from your turret and on to you for just a moment should be critical if your team is any good too.

If you're losing to turtling TF2 engineers, you're a fucking shutter and should just quit while you're ahead because the game has been out for months and you're never gonna get good at this rate.
>>
>>344302982
>30% damage nerf (which fucking destroyed him. He's absolute garbage on console now)
They balanced the Torb stacking, by making single Torb useless. The issue wasn't Torb or it's Turret (okay, Molten Core is kinda bullshit), the issue is hero stacking. Blizzard has their head stuck up their asses and don't want to correct this issue. All characters are balanced by themselves, but you can never balance a character that is stacked.

This is why Tournaments teams are running 5 Tracers and a Lucio or 6 D.Vas so they can contest the point for 20 fucking minutes.
>>
>>344303782
"Sensitivity" and "aiming" are so very fucking obviously interchangeable here, guy.
>>
All I would ever want for the console version is text chat, the lack of it means a huge disadvantage since most people are in party chat or turned off voice chat since most people actually using their headsets just make disgusting eating noises.
>>
>>344304048
>never strays too far from his turret
you have autism
>>
File: sustained yelling.jpg (27 KB, 640x454) Image search: [Google]
sustained yelling.jpg
27 KB, 640x454
>>344292423

>nerfing damage
WHY? just nerf his turrets fucking reaction time
>>
File: 1463088191800.jpg (28 KB, 350x408) Image search: [Google]
1463088191800.jpg
28 KB, 350x408
>>344303490
>>344303172
>>344303381
Nah. One body shot killing Zenyatta is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>344304391
make it 140 dps then
>>
>>344304142

>>344302347 Here

I remember playing with friends pre-torb nerf. We had a team of six and were all communicating.

We shit on one team on Hollywood offense, beating them in less than 3 minutes iirc. They were salty and went 4 torbs, 1 symmetra, and one lucio the next game. You know what happened? We pushed the point, got recked, then switched to two hardts, a pharah, a Junkrat, and like two fillers. They got destroyed.

If you're going to stack, torb is a shit choice. Bastion is way better just because it doesn't matter how many hardts you have those shields are going to get shredded.
>>
File: 1465689248605.png (255 KB, 800x788) Image search: [Google]
1465689248605.png
255 KB, 800x788
>>344304212
It's weird too because you can type fairly fast with the PS4's motion thing. What we also need is more options like a straight up "We need a healer!". Too many times people just want to deal out damage and people treat playing support like it's the worst thing possible.
As to why people don't often just use mics, I feel like Call of Duty had something to do with this, where people just take it as people just trying to be trolls, so no one ever bothers. Most people that own PS4's previously owned a 360 no doubt, and MW2 was a fucking playground with the amount of people and kids on mics shitting up lobbies with their "trolling".
>>
>>344304375
Because they want the turrets to counter Tracer. Really, all they had to do was nerf it's range. 40m is ridiculous when there are very few locations on these maps that are longer than 40m in one direction.
>>
>>344292816
works except if molten core mode.

Fucking pain in the ass to kill it during that
>>
>>344292646
sounds like a range problem more than anything also git gud
>>
>>344292816
still takes a lot of time to clear out 3-2 turrets especially when the rest of their team plays around it. It's clear advantage to stack torbjorns on consoles.
>>
>>344304868
People need to treat molten core like they treat junkrat's tire or Diva's self destruct.

It's area-denial. Fall back and wait.
>>
File: 1465259344250.jpg (66 KB, 900x575) Image search: [Google]
1465259344250.jpg
66 KB, 900x575
>>344304868
Kill the Dwarf. If you kill him his turret goes back to level 2.
Of course that doesn't stop the press Q in the spawn room bullshit.
>>
File: 1466913874487.png (748 KB, 1900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1466913874487.png
748 KB, 1900x1200
>>344304686
That's really the main problem with the damn thing. Put a turret in one hard chokepoint and watch as it racks up kills, and it's especially so on consoles, considering very rarely people work together.

There's nothing more truer than Genji's being deathly allergic to the objective, I've witnessed countless times Genji's that only need to slash forward to get onto the objective during over time refuse to.
>>
>>344304652
The "I need healing!" option can change to "We need a healer!" or "I need shields!" but I still have no idea what exactly changes it, sometimes when I'm on a team with no healer it still says "I need healing".
>>
>>344292423
people still get wrecked by torb lol

I wish I could play this on PC to see how people play there. I doubt they play any better.
>>
Pick Pharah
Approach corner with turret on the other side
????
Profit
>>
>>344292750
Was coming into this thread to see butts, got disappointed
>>
>>344305037
>it still takes a lot of time to clear 2-3 turrets

And once you do it a single time you never have to do it again. As soon as we pushed point A and took out a few turrets I was practically screaming at my friends 'DON'T LET THEM SET UP DON'T LET THEM SET UP'

And you know what? We didn't let them set up. Torb-stacked defense is strong but fragile. Once it goes down you have no damage dealers or tanks to cover you while you set up again, and even if you did just one shielder isn't going to get the job done when the only things dealing damage in the interrim are rivet guns and level 1 turrets.
>>
File: 1465645041584.jpg (134 KB, 1007x827) Image search: [Google]
1465645041584.jpg
134 KB, 1007x827
>>344305229
It really makes no sense, and the main problem I have is that it can be really imprecise. I remember as Junkrat I tried to say to group up with me on Nepal so we could push while I covered, but I ended up doing my emote 3 times in a row.
>>
>>344305243
I see people on PC needlessly bitching about Bastion more than torbjorn.
>>
>>344305243
Well, he hasn't been nerfed on PC because he isn't a problem, so I'd say PC has already proven they're better at the game.
>>
>>344305661
Microphone communication is much more common on PC even though text chat is an option. There is no excuse for how horrendous these console players are.
>>
>>344301649
It's not like it's a 1v1, most of the time they're distracted as I'm just picking them off. From time to time it will be a 1v1 situation but it's not like they're ever stationary when they're firing.

Yes I merq people when I ult, I've seen plenty of damage dealing characters that are terrible at this(specifically ult genji's).

But in general I agree Overwatch players suck
>>
>>344292646
>turret
>better than widow

confirmed for baby console player
>>
How the fuck are you meant to snipe with a controller
>>
>>344305573
>I see people on PC needlessly bitching about Bastion more than torbjorn.
those people are shitters and don't know about the real broken heroes such as tracer
>>
>>344292423
Nerfs are made to keep as many people hooked to your game as possible

NOT because people bitch and moan about unfair shit
>>
>>344305401
>Torb-stacked defense is strong but fragile. Once it goes down you have no damage dealers or tanks to cover you while you set up again, and even if you did just one shielder isn't going to get the job done when the only things dealing damage in the interrim are rivet guns and level 1 turrets.
That's why the "good" Torb stackers stick to 4 or 5 Torbs and a Rein or Rein plus Lucio. It is really strong. You can blow them all away, but once you need the last 5 meters on playload it's a really tough nut to crack.
>>344305661
Torb actually has been nerfed in beta.
>>
>>344306348
Play Huntsman-I mean Hano ;^)

Scatter arrow was seriously put in the game specifically so people who can't aim can get kills they don't deserve, I swear.
>>
>>344302708
>This has nothing to do with torb being too good on console, and everything to do with console players being too bad.

and the fact that his turret probably is faster on reaction than any joystick jockey
>>
>>344306616
I'm talking FPS games in general, not just Overwatch.
>>
>All of these terribads who can't aim
I play on bone and torbjorn does NOT need a nerf. Anyone with half a brain can shoot the turret from afar and blow it up, even if torb is constantly hammering it. I have never had a problem with my team not taking out a torbjorn turret. I feel embarrassed to be packaged along with every other console shitter.

Git gud, faggots.
>>
>>344306665
Yes, but we've already discussed this, read further.

30% damage nerf does not explain the differences in aiming speed. A minor nerf to the turret's aim speed would have accomplished putting torb on the same level vs controller users compared to MKB users.

Of course, this is assuming both playerbases have more than two brain cells to rub together, which console players have proven they dont.
>>
>>344306781
Aim assist ;^)
>>
>>344307089
With a sniper? Unless you're quickscoping (the worst thing to ever come out of a FPS).
>>
>>344306781
>Stationary Torbjorns
Absolutely fucking disgusting.

You put down your turret in a good location, then you jump into the fucking frey. Your shotgun is literally stronger than Reaper's at close range.
You can easily two-shot Widowmakers and take down distance targets with your Rivet gun.
Your hammer is as strong as Reinhardt's, only with less swipe and knockback. In molten core mode you're a killing machine.
>>
File: to many buttens.png (480 KB, 879x665) Image search: [Google]
to many buttens.png
480 KB, 879x665
>>344307460
Didn't mean to quote that post. Oh well.
>>
File: 1459800376026.jpg (67 KB, 525x688) Image search: [Google]
1459800376026.jpg
67 KB, 525x688
>Want to play Overwatch
>Competitive feels more like a stress-inducing hassle because I queue solo
>>
>>344307460
Meh. I think relocating around and making sure your turret is always someplace unexpected after a kill or two.

That's why I fucking love King's Row defense for Torb. So many routes around the first point to constantly sneak around and place your turret, and a flanker never wants to run into you by themselves unless they're Reaper.
>>
does this engineer wanna be have a mini-sentry equivalent? use that instead'

and git gud
>>
>>344292904
>no toxic community
Because you have no keyboard to type fast or to discuss strategies to win the game.
>>
>>344307918
Torb already is like a mini-sentry engineer in how he plays. The turret just builds a bit slower than a mini and has a faster TTK in return.

Actually, now that I think of it, he really is VERY similar to a gunslinger engineer.
>>
File: 1465508782452.jpg (143 KB, 900x885) Image search: [Google]
1465508782452.jpg
143 KB, 900x885
>>344307838
>Play as Torb for once on King's Row
>Defending
>Put it on the top second floor with that one window near the gate
>Never gets shot at, no one ever comes up to try and kill it, just rack up free kills with it
Guess it helps I was playing on console.
>>
>it's an insecure pc player has to act superior because he plays video games on a different platform episode
>>
>>344308379
It's kind of a tricky angle and getting up there is hard. It's probably the best turret spot in the entire game.
>>
>>344308434
I'm forced to play on console with you garbage players and I agree with OP.

Level 140 on my PS4.
>>
File: 1465506060310.jpg (32 KB, 320x387) Image search: [Google]
1465506060310.jpg
32 KB, 320x387
>>344308565
Honestly it felt more boring than anything, but no one ever really touched it so it worked.
>>
>>344295360
>70 damage, 0 falloff
>right click can 2-shot every non tank
>molten core has 2x as much hp but around same DPS as Reaper

Are you fucking retarded? Torb is ONLY not used as much on PC because he is easy as fuck to headshot considering his head is at standard character gun level, and is a massive fucking hitbox.
>>
>>344308676
Forced? Okay retard. Game is low iq press super to win anyway. I don't see how it has such a following. Maps are shit, King of the hill is unplayable, pretty poor balance and non existent progression outside the scam that is loot crates
>>
File: 1467332415435.gif (128 KB, 473x235) Image search: [Google]
1467332415435.gif
128 KB, 473x235
>>344308914
>waaah the game is just bad it's not us

I'm dying
>>
>>344308889
>he's easy to headshot because his head is at standard gun level

The fuck are you saying? What torb with half a brain doesn't take the high ground anyway?

Also, all the damage numbers you're throwing out don't mean shit when torb either has to be point blank or 'sniping' with his easily avoided rivets, which console players can't to easily anyway.
>>
>it is 2016 and people still play FPS on consoles

It was their own faut for port this.
>>
File: 1355933722724.png (72 KB, 226x263) Image search: [Google]
1355933722724.png
72 KB, 226x263
>>344305427
this has happened to me so many times i want to kill someone
>pushing as reinhardt
>face to face with enemy reinhardt
>try to say group up
>emote instead
>enemy reinhardt charges and puts me into the wall
>>
>>344309062
I'm not saying it has anything to do with console or pc. Why are you fags so insufferable. It's just a platform for entertainment but you all make it seem like high school popularity and drama
>>
>>344292423
It is not that console players are bad, only that controllers are a handicap, one that and instantly tracking and pinpoint accurate turret can capitalize.
>>
>>344309910
I'm just pissed that the version I play is being ruined by terrible players like you when it doesn't have to be.

Overwatch on console could be great, almost as good as PC even, if it weren't populated by absolute garbage players.
>>
>>344304897
This is true. It needed a ranged lock on nerf not a damage nerf. It should have been reduced to like 20 feet or something so Torb's would have to move it around to keep up with where the battle is
>>
Is he nerfed on PC as well?
>>
>>344305573
Just to specify, you don´t really see people people bitching about bastion except when they are new to shooters or M+KB.
>>
>>344309995
But that only really requires a nerf to the turret''s aim speed to fix, not completely destroying his damage.

This has been discussed repeatedly throughout the thread already.
>>
>>344303404
The turret can't lock on, turn, and fire that fast. You're absolutely full of shit.
>>
>>344310193
No, he is pretty average on PC.
His strenght is vs. console FoV and input speed.
>>
>>344310323
It can, actually, but it still doesn't matter because it will only shoot you a single time for miniscule damage each time you peak.
>>
>>344310054
>everyone is shit but me
Classic. Keep on being you, champ.
>>
>>344310323
It 100 percent can. If it isn't focusing someone else it insta locks on to anyone in range the second they are in range and not blocked by cover. It's not possible to peak a torbjorn turret without taking some damage unless you are outside of its stupid range.
>>
>>344292423
its not about console players and their relative skill, its about blizzard having a knee jerk reaction to a problem and overdoing it. Which is exactly what they tend to do but of course this is turned into a console war thread.
there are plenty of fixes that couldve been implemented to solve the problem but in typical blizz fashion they take an issue of balance and swing it the other way
>>
>>344310296
Don´t disagree with you nor have I written something to that effect, only that it is not a problem with the players but with the peculiarities of console shooters.
>>
>>344310474
Thank God, at least Blizzard isn't THAT retarded.
>>
>>344310609
>It's not possible to peak a torbjorn turret without taking some damage unless you are outside of its stupid range.
You're wrong, because I do it all the time.
>>
>>344310620
The changes that would have fixed torb would have neen reducing range and increasing the time it takes for the turret to lock on so peaking would be viable.
>>
>>344310640
It is a problem with the players, though. They never would have had nearly as many problems with torb if they just worked as a team like should always be doing anyway.
>>
>>344310609
See
>>344310523

You're still bad.
>>
>>344310801
Nice anecdotal evidence there champ. You sure showed me how high skill you are. Unless you are a pharah or junk rat and you are shooting around a corner and hitting it with splash damage you can't do shit about a torb turret without taking damage.
>>
File: 1463772146878.jpg (53 KB, 510x532) Image search: [Google]
1463772146878.jpg
53 KB, 510x532
>>344292423
>why are they so bad
Why do you care?
>>
>>344306348
By not being a little bitch.
>>
>>344292423
>30%
Why did they overshoot the nerf so much? Is there some particular reason why they can't just nerf him in increments? They should have tried 10% and maybe bump it up to 20% later if necessary.
>>
>>344311695
I saw someone calculate that it gives you 45% more time to counter it.
>>
File: strategic bursts.webm (1 MB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
strategic bursts.webm
1 MB, 848x480
I love Torb's turrets
>>
>>344311695
They shouldn't have nerfed damage at all and instead nerfed its lock on and range. Instead of just changing his play style they just destroyed his usefulness completely.
>>
File: 1430660952976.jpg (28 KB, 486x309) Image search: [Google]
1430660952976.jpg
28 KB, 486x309
>console FPS
>>
>>344310874
i agree with this completely, range for the turret is almost a non factor since almost no areas in the game are big enough to outrange it. putting a harsher range on the turret would keep shitters from placing their turret anywhere and getting free kills regardless, much like in tf2
>>
>>344312249
I don't get why they haven't done this. They keep saying that the turret is meant for zoning and preventing flankers so why does it need to be ultra long range? It should be used to clog a side path not the entire map.
>>
File: 1467943544090.jpg (5 KB, 170x208) Image search: [Google]
1467943544090.jpg
5 KB, 170x208
>>344292423
At least your McCree didn't get nerfed

>Tankbuster McCree
>Could of buffed / nerfed other heroes to prevent McCree's nerf
>No longer viable
>>
>>344292423
He actually has the 2nd highest winrate on PC in both Competitive and Quick play according to Materoverwatch.

Only symmetra beats him in win rate.
>>
>>344312765
That's because people only use him in the like 3 areas of the game where he can actually work well. Same goes for Symmetra.
>>
>>344299128
and yet on PC it's possible to take the turret down with no communication, just aim, fast movement and being a better player. Why should console players magically have to work together when PC players don't have to? The nerf is stupid but on PC it's incredibly easy to roll over both Torb and his turret with Genji or Tracer, something that you can't do alone well on console.
>>
>>344312719
Except tankbuster McCree excelled at busting non-tanks as well, and was one of the lowest-skill characters while simultaneously being one of the best.

I'm glad he was nerfed. Stun in an fps is fucking cancer anyway.
>>
>>344312719
>can deal 700 damage in only a couple of seconds
>not expecting it to be nerfed
>>
File: (WAKE ME UP).png (789 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
(WAKE ME UP).png
789 KB, 1280x720
>Get 4 Gold Medals as fucking Winston
>Even in damage
What did I do to get fucked in the ass with such shitty players
>>
I'm a consolefag and I think Torb's nerf is fucking ridiculous. If the devs really think he's too good just make the turret slower not weaker.
>>
>>344311251
Because it effects PC players too. Console scrubs are the majority, and as such devs will continue to pander to their shittiness.
>>
>>344313454
You seem retarded.
>>
>>344292423
turret lv 2 has 56 DPS, which is just barely lower than a bunch of heroes. combine that with the super long range and perfect accuracy and its way overpowered.
>>
>>344313749
You seem upset ;^)
>>
>>344313390
>get 4 gold medals as Junkrat carrying the payload myself to win
>don't get a playercard because a Genji main reflected 1,600 damage and a Tracer main rewinded 9 times

Game is so broken with its highlight system
>>
>>344313775
>56 dps, which is just barely lower than a bunch of heroes

What the actual FUCK is this bullshit?
>>
File: 1467332572672.png (312 KB, 680x382) Image search: [Google]
1467332572672.png
312 KB, 680x382
>>344313915
>tracers can get carded for rewinding like it takes any skill or effort at all
>>
File: hahafuckthis.jpg (148 KB, 1646x446) Image search: [Google]
hahafuckthis.jpg
148 KB, 1646x446
>>344313390
>>
>>344313775
>56 dps

>just barely lower than a bunch of heroes

Uh, what? Tracer alone does more than five times that.
>>
File: 1467008043478.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1467008043478.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>344292423
>FPS on consoles

when will this meme die?
>>
File: MSgZL.gif (2 MB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
MSgZL.gif
2 MB, 280x280
I play on console with a 6-stack at all times, literally free wins. Most of the time we go unchallenged, the only other competent players we have faced are other 6-stacks in ranked. I'd say only about 1/100 console players even think about what they're doing.

I want to migrate to PC so bad.
>>
>>344314175
T1 DPS Dmg in 2 sec Dmg in 1 sec Dmg per shot Mag Sec (unload) Sec (reload)
Hanzo 120 240 120 120 1 1 0
Widowmaker 87/110 260 130/170 13/170 30/30 3/1.5 1.5/1.5
T2
Pharah 103 240 120 120 6 6 1
Zenyatta 100 270 135 45 20 7 2
Soldier 97 340 170 17 25 2.5 1
Bastion (recon) 89 (525*) 320 160 20 20 2.5 2
T3
Tracer ~80+ 160 160 ? (~4) 40 1 1
McCree 80 240 120 60 6 3 1.5
Reaper ~80 220 110 ~55 8 4 1.5
Reinhardt 80 160 80 80 1 1 0
Mercy 80 160 80 20 20 4 1
Zarya 77 200 100 5 100 5 1.5
Torbjorn 73 160 80 40 20 10 1
T4
Symmetra 70 90 30 charge 100 3 1
Lucio 64 160 80 20 20 5 1.25
Winston 35 90 45 2.5 100 5 1.5

sorry if this turns out fucked up. im not sure you know how numbers work
>>
>>344314291
>pub pyro simulator

Hilarious
>>
>>344305189
>You
>Above average player
>Will adjust hero picks based on team comp
>Selected junkrat when you had 3 other def hero on your team already.
fuckin lmao
>>
>>344305189
dankkush sounds like the only person who's going to have fun in that round.
>>
>>344314403
I know that feel bro.

> tfw my level and legendaries won't transfer if I do

Already dumped around 80-100 hours on xbone, can't quit now
>>
>>344314068
>Tracers taking skill at all
Having the highest mobility and 300 hp is pretty retarded
>>
>>344315274
>junkrat
>Def hero

Console users are this stupid
>>
>>344313915

>Get literally all the gold medals as 76
>everyone instead votes for the Phara who hit 20 rockets in a game that went to overtime.

Whatever.
>>
>>344316170
>Lets see, my team as a mercy instead of a lucio, and three defense heroes.
>We have no tank...
>JUNKRAT
>I am above average, it's my teams fault we lost.

Every junkrat player is like you, its so fucking funny, junkrat players are as bad as hanzo players. Constantly picking their HIGH SKILL SKILL SKILL SKILL hero and doing literally nothing all game, when the team desperately needs another class.
>>
>>344316549
I don't even have an hour on junkrat, but even blizzard admits that he's more of an offense character, you dumbass.
>>
>>344309872
Pressing the ~ key will also let you use the group up command
>>
>>344316549
Wow, this is genuinely the first time I've heard somebody bitch and moan about Junkrat like you did. Congrats, I guess?
>>
>>344314075
This shit right here is infuriating, 4 placement matches in a row with people who hadnt even gotten to rank 25 yet.
>>
>>344314075
>32 killstreak with Symmetra

>18 teleports

>we still lose

WHAT MORE CAN I FUCKING DO
>>
>>344309872
>pushing as reinhardt

>face to face with enemy reinhardt

>try to use the group up command

>emote instead

>he emotes too

:3
>>
>>344292423
Only problem with torb was his ult charge.
>>
>>344315274
I bet you think Symmetra is a support hero too, you fucking shitter.
>>
>It's another PCfags pretend they know what they're talking concerning game balance thread
>>
>>344292423
All of that is well and good, if there was only one Torb, which there never is. The thing has incredible speed, it targets instantly, so the good trade off is less damage
>>
>>344292423
It's the same as PC players being absolutely unequivocally shit at fighting.games. There are just certain games that don't belong on certain platforms.
>>
Can't you play with KB + M on PS4?
>>
>>344305427
>>344309872
i just bound my the phrases to my numpad
>>
>>344320940
Why don't you read the thread.

>>344321196
I play PC and I'll whoop you at super smash bros
>>
File: McRee.png (226 KB, 500x469) Image search: [Google]
McRee.png
226 KB, 500x469
IT'S FUCKING PEEK, NOT PEAK YOU IDIOTS
>>
>>344321707
There's a third party MKB that actually works with the PS4 and is officially licensed by Sony, but aiming in overwatch is shit with it. Blizz specifically destroyed that shimmering ray of hope, the fuckers.

Honestly, I despise Blizzard, I always have. Now I hate them even more for being in charge of a game I actually want to play...
>>
>>344322310
Dumb Mcfrog poster, you 'peak' in damage output on the turret once you turn the corner ;^)
>>
>>344321707
Xim4 adapter is out and FragFX is making a comeback, so yes.
>>
>>344322134
>Smash.

Yes, I can beat you at Dark Souls PvP too my boy.
>>
>>344322621
But don't those still use controller inputs when playing on console and have jerky, weird aim as a result? Every review of PS4 controllers, for overwatch specifically, that I have looked up have said this
>>
>>344322784
I never really got into DS PvP besides running into the occasional invader, so I don't get it.
>>
>replies: 200+

>posters: 87

HMMMMM
>>
>>344314291
Don't forget the nutshell of the casual house https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL1_ht1EdAU
>>
File: 1465692782277.png (221 KB, 401x317) Image search: [Google]
1465692782277.png
221 KB, 401x317
>>344303172
>people still mad about the McSkill nerf
>people think Widow still isn't broken beyond belief
>>
Let's talk about game design

>Team Fortress 2 Turret
>Limited field of view and range
>Constantly beeps and whirrs
>When it detects an enemy, distinctly and loudly beeps, tracks, then starts firing
>High damage and extremely noticeable directed pushback
>Only does the majority of its damage (rockets) about a second or two after it has loudly announced its lock on
>Bright and very visible laser

>Overwatch Turret
>360 field of vision and long range
>Silent
>When it detects an enemy, tracks and starts firing with the only sound being the gun which is muted
>High damage yet nearly unnoticeable until dead for most classes
>Constant DPS
>Faint pale blue laser that blends into environment

Which of these is balanced?
>>
>competitive
>overwatch
>on consoles
Heres your (You).
>>
>>344325427
TF2 is a completely different game and your whole shitty argument is stupid. Making comparisons between the two is completely arbitrary and accomplishes nothing.
>>
>>344325660
Overwatch and TF2 are almost the exact same game what are you memeing about you dumb faggot
>Class based shooter
>FPS
>Same game-modes
>Cosmetics
>Jew companies
>>
>>344326025
>>Class based shooter
>>FPS
>>Cosmetics
>>Jew companies
but you could say that about evolve
>>
>>344326237
>>344326025
call of duty too
>>
>>344326237
(You)
Wait so if evolve is the same game where's payload?
>>
>>344312719
He actually did
>>
The problem isnt the damage. Its the dumb range plus the ability to stack 3+ of them on a team. That coupled with worse aiming skills via controller, makes it nerf worthy. Damage isnt the problem though.
>>
File: 1453396415931.jpg (19 KB, 189x179) Image search: [Google]
1453396415931.jpg
19 KB, 189x179
Who cares, Overwatch is shit anyway.
>>
>all these toxic pcucks
Jesus christ, fuck off aready
>>
>>344306968
>which console players have proven they dont.

This coming from the crowd that couldn't open their fucking eyes and figure out which direct D.Va's ult was coming from and cried until Blizzard put a big exclamation mark on the screen thus rendering it near useless.

Or the people that cried about Bastion or those two pros that quit because they couldn't handle a competent Zarya player. Jesus.
>>
>>344302982
>which fucking destroyed him. He's absolute garbage on console now)
Are you shitting me? Toblerone's turret nerf hasn't been applied yet. Only McCree and Widowmaker got the hit. Torbjorn is still as maximum potential.
>>
>>344331276
Blatant lie, the nerf very much went through.
>>
>>344330841
PC players have proven time and time again that they outskill console babbies when it comes to FPSs, I don't need to prove shit to you, buddy.

You guys get fighting games to reign supreme over, no need to get upset.
>>
>>344313915
>Junkrat
You could put the mouse under your foot and slam your face into the keyboard and you'd get kills with Junkrat. Not an accomplishment.
>>
>>344332581
Ain't in the patchnotes so it didn't happen. Toblerone's power remains maximum. Enjoy it for now. You know that nerf is coming before the month is up.
>>
>>344296151
>he attracts the players with the worst aim, thinking they can tf2 engineer their way to victory.

Why is Symmetra not nerfed then? Or winston?
>>
>>344328270
stack 3 + a reihnhart shield to hide behind. xD
>>
File: 1464845694567.png (493 KB, 1098x1104) Image search: [Google]
1464845694567.png
493 KB, 1098x1104
>>344292423
How about we talk about Zenyatta.

>150 health

>Absolutely no mobility options

>Still practically 1 shot by Widowmaker, 2 shot by reinhardt/mei/Hanzo,

>Hard countered by Hanzo, Mei, Reinhardt, Zarya, and Winston.

>Heals only 30HP a second to ONE target, and has to wait for travel time

>Orbs are line of sight based and can't even work with windows or through enemy shields

>Right click LOWERS orb damage to 30 per orb and can only be properly used on idel sentries and bastion

>ult is still affected by knockback and being pinned, only healing 100HP a second, the same as 2 fucking mercys.

>Has same fire rate as Mei's right click, but only does 45 damage an orb (90 + Discord) vs. her 75.

>Has a hitbox the size of canada because of his over-exaggerated animations that makes him an easy target, especially to projectiles

>Has no passives

>0% usage in competitive because hes so underpowered

Seriously, I love zenyatta, being able to play offensively while supporting and get kills is amazing, but at some point when you get into higher levels and everyone figures out the game, the magic goes away and Zen gets fucked by so many factors that he just can't compete with Mercy and Lucio for support/healing

They make him a very offensive and capable warrior, whos secondary job is debuff and healing, but he is so glass and immobile that he can't properly serve his designed functions right.

How would you buff Zen to make him more viable to better serve his roll as offensive healer?

Suggestions:

>50 HP +125 Shield

>Make Orbs instant like Zarya's shields and let them persist for 5-6 seconds out of Line of Sight

>Boost healing to 40 health per second

>Passive ability to not be affected by traps, splash damage, and other attacks based on the ground (because he is floating)

>Ult casts Discord to those in its range as well

>Can float and move freely in any direction moving at normal movespeed while holding jump
Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.