[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So many vidya, so little time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: needs a name.jpg (222 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
needs a name.jpg
222 KB, 1280x960
So I got...
Xcom2
Resident Evil 6
Divinity original sin
Deus ex GOTY edition (never played a deus ex game)
SOMA
Stalker (pripyat, clear sky and shadow of chernobyl)
Civ 5
Alien Isolation
Skyrim (unmodded, only got it for the purpose of modding it to make the game better, but i don't know what mods to get yet)
And lastly, dragon's dogma

I have them all, and i have not started any. I am overwhelmed.

Which one should I start with first /v/?
Lets help each other clear those backlogs.

I want the momentum of fun to keep going from the first game. So id want a really good fulfilling experience for which game to play first.
>>
>>344288381
bump
Sorry that i actually made a thread about vidya and not some buzzword memespouting shitposting thread with a controversial topic/image.
You guys are the worst.
>>
Just play what you feel like.

If you want to shoot sth go for Res6 or stalker. Turn base? Xcom, kill dragons? skyrim and so on..

If you stll cant decide start with the shortest ones (like alien and Res6). We all learn not to buy too many games the hard way.
>>
>>344290543
Nigga i feel like playing them all.
And that's exactly what's stopping me from playing at all.

Hence why I asked which one would give me the fullest experience. I want to play that one first so I can ride the momentum of "fun" into the other games.
>>
>>344288381
The only good games out of that list are Deus Ex, Shadow of Chernobyl, Call of Pripyat, and Divinity OS.
>>
>>344291279
ok, i was leaning towards starting with Deus ex.

Anything i should know before I begin it? and same goes for the stalker series, i remember reading that to play it best you'll need to do a lot of tweaking and even modding. Is this true?
>>
>>344290860
Is this your first sale? or first year buying so much?

I mean, look at the stats of steam achievements of any game. Only like 5% of the people who buy a game finish it (it goes up to like 25 with easier or more popular games). My point is, people buy so many games without being that interested in some games or not having time to play them at all with big backlogs. No one is responding to this thread bc it becomes common knowledge that after you buy so many games you eventually forget about some and never finish them unless you really like them.

With that all being said, you can actually finish your backlog if you take your time and remember NOT to buy any other games in the next like 6 months or so depending how much free time you have.

As I said in the previous post, start with the quickest ones like soma, alien and RE6. Xcom 2 is kinda quick too if you just play for the story.

I would leave skyrim to the last (maybe you can wait for the "special edition" you will get free if you got good hardware) and personally I didnt really like Civ 5 so refund it if you dont like your first 2 hours.
>>
>>344291704
no.
>>
>>344291704
GMDX is a solid mod that keeps the feel of the original Deus Ex while improving mechanics and detail in areas. Just make sure you go through the options and disable the features you don't like such as hit markers or mantling. There really isn't a go to mod for STALKER. I'm a big fan of AMK.
>>
>>344291704
http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009

Thats the only mod you would need for STALKER, the vanilla game is really good and dont need random gameplay imrpovements like, say, skyrim.
>>
>>344291781
I've had some of these games but could not play them before for reasons
(PC not good enough, time, PC fucking up)
But I do have all intentions on playing them. Especially now that I have time, and a good PC.

I wont refund civ 5, i played it before and I liked it, i know it may not be the best but I already knew I would enjoy the game.

So I guess its between Deus Ex or the 2 spoopy horror games.

Now you guys hype the hell out of Deus ex up as one of the greatest of all time so I've been itching to find out what that is about.

I just hate how the moment I get into one of these "classics" a list of bullshit to play the game "definitively" comes up.

It's never just get the game raw and enjoy, no, it's always disable all these features, enable these and mod the game to play it in the way that everyone has played it to consider the game so good.
Fuck.

I should also probably add the Diablo Series to this list, never played them and intend to. But that would be saved for last since those games seem very open ended.
>>
>>344292389
That's because classics usually run poorly on modern systems but have unofficial patches. Deus Ex should play fine unmodded but I'd still shill GMDX because it keeps everything that makes the original great while improving some of the weaker aspects. It's also very modular unlike most big mods.
>>
>>344292389

Never listen to modfags lol, personally Most of games I have modded with /v/ recommendations turn out worst than vanilla. The only game that you need to heavily mod is Skyrim but there are so many mods that theres no way there can a be a definitive set of mods. Graphic and texture enhacers are usually pretty good for old games tho.

Also finish your games before diablo. I think divinity is pretty much the same style of gameplay.
>>
>>344293253
So original sin is also open ended? Or is it just the same gameplay mechanics but there's a clear progression line?
>>
>>344288381
Start with Dues Ex

Get to it
>>
File: 1.jpg (25 KB, 339x602) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
25 KB, 339x602
Refund all of those, then emulate God Hand.
>>
>>344294679
Already played God Hand back when it came out for PS2.

What a magical fucking time that was.
>>
>>344294074
ok
>>
>>344296659
I'm playing it again, and it's still amazing. Aged superbly well.
>>
>>344296991
Shame there's no sequel or game in the same vain.

Any other PC classics you guy would recommend to add on to this list?
>>
>>344296659
did somebody say Godhand?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrgFgT_f4I0
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.