[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suda51 hasn't directed a game since 10 years. I'm fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: suda51__large.jpg (68 KB, 680x389) Image search: [Google]
suda51__large.jpg
68 KB, 680x389
Suda51 hasn't directed a game since 10 years.
I'm fucking disapointed.

He just drops his name on every Grasshopper title and sells the games under his name but he doesn't do shit.

>executive director
>creative director
>executive producer

Shut up SUda, the last game you actually made was The Silver Case on 3DS.

You used to be a legend Suda, now you are in the same shithole as Kamiya.
KIller 7 and No MOre Heroes were great.
>>
File: suda51.png (1 MB, 1208x1046) Image search: [Google]
suda51.png
1 MB, 1208x1046
>>344276136
at least his career is not as embarassing as Itadaki.
>>
>>344276136
>you are in the same shithole as Kamiya
Kamiya is fine. Made W101 only 3 years ago, and he is taking a break from action games and directing a casual game called Scalebound
Suda is in the same limbo with Shinji Mikami
>>
File: kojima farts.png (1 MB, 1232x1002) Image search: [Google]
kojima farts.png
1 MB, 1232x1002
>>344276249
oh nice
>>
File: Itagaki aims.jpg (105 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Itagaki aims.jpg
105 KB, 960x960
>>344276249
>itadaki
at least spell his name correctly.
>>
>>344276290
>Shinji Mikami

I fucking liked Evil Within, shut the fuck up!!!!
>>
>>344276352
>>
> Anonymous 07/08/16(Fri)21:13:12 No.344276352 ▶
>File: Itagaki aims.jpg (105 KB, 960x960)
>>>344276249 (You)
>>itadaki
>at least spell his name correctly.

v/ do you think Itadaki might have killed someone?

Sometimes I wonder if he actually works for the Yakuza.
>>
>>344276458
He's just a sperg (Even by creative standards) who's obnoxious and difficult to work with to the point where he's burned a lot of bridges.
>>
>>344276339
>n
source:

http://www.gamesradar.com/47-best-oddest-photos-Metal-Gear-Hideo-Kojima-being-deleriously-weird-scary-cool-awesome/3/
>>
>>344276518
>>344276249
Yeah but he made the only good Ninja Gaidens
>>
>>344276604
NGB is arguably the greatest action game ever made, but the OG ones were good as well.

Honestly, in a perfect world, Itagaki would get his shit together and do what Kamiya did with Bayo, and make not-Ninja Gaiden.
>>
>>344276709
>he is working with nexon and making a F2P shooter that looks like Warframe/Gunz2 but slower
>working with nexon
>F2P shooter
He is dead to me, the oatmeal cookie is no more. Along with Suda51 for working with chinks to make a Souls like F2P MMO thing
>>
>>344276709
He worked on the OG ones as well though didnt he? I was just saying he didnt do the sigmas and 3. Also DoA got a shit ton of DLC once he left but I never played the series beyond ultimate so not sure if 4 and 5 actually improved
>>
>>344276290
mikami still has a chance as long as he stays with platinum games because they've been getting a lot of work
>>
>>344276864
>as long as he stays with platinum games
he left a long time ago; created his own game studio, Tango Gameworks, to make his last game and retire.
The last vidya related thing he did was voice a robot in Fallout 4.
RIP
>>
>>344276950
Even sadder is the designer of God Hand and Vanquish also left Platinum to become a farmer
>>
>>344276801
Let It Die still hurts, largely because the reveal trailer for Lily Bergamo has such a neat art-style.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVrDpCK6wfs

Honestly though, I don't really rate anything that Suda's done since Killer 7.

>>344276821
Nah, he wasn't involved with the original ones, just NG '04, NGB and NG2.
>>
>>344276136

It's the publishers that used to put his name on games he didn't direct to increase interest, just like with any other big name producer in the industry.

Currently he's writing a manga (Kurayami Dance) and in the fall we'll finally be able to play TSC in english.
>>
>Suda
>legend
The only truly great game he's made was Killer7. NMH series was merely good, and everything else that has his name on it was either not actually him (example: Shadows of the Damned was more Mikami than Suda), or painfully mediocre (Lollipop Chainsaw and Killer is Dead)
>>
>>344277771

Your mistake is trying to go forward, instead of backwards.

His last role as director was Fatal Frame 4, everything after was someone else's work with his name slapped on the cover.

He worked on the Twilight Syndrome series (Search, Investigation and Moonlight) and then went on to found GhM and directed The Silver Case, Flower, Sun & Rain, Killer7 and NMH.
>>
>>344276136
Suda is truly a hack. I've never really liked any of his games despite how /v/ shills the fuck out of them and I end up buying them like a retard that I am.

And when /v/ calls someone a hack.. I actually end like liking their games.
>>
>>344278363
you don't just look at gameplay, think this isn't for me and then not buy it?
You just blindly buy a game and get angry it wasn't for you?
>>
>>344278363
it's understandable, suda makes very polarizing games to the point where he'd sacrifice gameplay just to prove a point

like how killer7's rail controls was commentary on how there little interactivity there is in video game narratives. or how no more heroes empty open world was commentary on how there is truly nothing to do in those free roam games
>>
They're remaking The Silver Case.
Does that count?
>>
>>344277052
holy shit. sauce?
>>
>>344278535
not him but sometimes i get so frustrated by the incessant stream of shit that ill delude myself that a game is good despite all evidence to the contrary and end up buying and hating it
>>
>>344278154
None of that refutes that Killer7 was his only great game
>>
>>344280903
Depends on how you define "great".
I loved FSR.
>>
>>344278602
I never understood the "he made NMH's open world shit on purpose!" argument. Seems like fanboys just rationalizing a design flaw. If ironic shitposting is still shitposting, why can't ironic bad game design still be bad game design?
>>
>>344280903

The point I was making is that NMH2, LC, SotD, Sine Mora, BKS and KiD weren't directed by him and thus unrelated from the rest.

Killer7 is probably his best game, but FSR and TSC are also great.
>>
>>344281171
>why can't ironic bad game design still be bad game design?

kusoge is a art
>>
File: mechabooty.jpg (52 KB, 584x463) Image search: [Google]
mechabooty.jpg
52 KB, 584x463
>>344276136
At least Suda51 slaps his name on top tier waifus.
>>
>>344281351
That English voice acting though
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.