[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xenoblade Chronicles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 33
File: large.jpg (138 KB, 1000x300) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
138 KB, 1000x300
>the pacing is tremendously good. the opening hours of a JRPG usually turn me off, but this was maybe the easiest i've gotten into a JRPG since i was a kid.

>the handful of characters i've met are likable so far, the dialogue is the real mvp here. it flows well, feels natural and is well-acted with British accents

>the art direction is bananas. bright, beautiful, unique art style wrapped around this intriguing and mysterious concept.

I can already tell this game will be one of my favourite RPGs of all time.
>>
>>344275650
I also just started this.

Well, I'm 12 hours in, but I've basically just started.
>>
>Tfw got 40 hours in and save corrupted
>Played up to Satorl Marsh then stopped, realising how much I still fucking have ahead of me even though I thought I'd nearly caught up

Fuck my life.
>>
>>344275650
It's better to play it in HD on Dolphin (with USB controller) or on USB loader on Wii?

HD resolution or muh original console feels?
>>
>>344275898
The HD texture pack used to be kind of shit but has gotten better. I find the original texture pack way to awful to use anymore, so yeah my personal preference is Dolphin. Especially with how silky smooth Dolphin 5 runs.
>>
You're in for wild ride, get the fuck out.
>>
>>344275650
Tried playing on the wii and 3ds.
Shit just got boring. I didn't give a fuck about the characters.
Main theme music is pretty good before it kicks in full gear with the string instruments and sounds like a bleeding vagina.
>>
It's a good game. Very overrated by Nintendrones but still good.

Aeons ahead of its shitty sequel.
>>
>>344276154
Idk, I dont like to play seriously a game on emulators, I like the feel of playing the game on its console. But holy fuck, the textures + resolution of the game on wii is awful
>>
File: 1404240829570.gif (1 MB, 294x329) Image search: [Google]
1404240829570.gif
1 MB, 294x329
>game opens up with a cool older protagonist who basically goes against the will of a sword and uses it despite getting hurt by it
>nope we need a generic autistic shounenshit special snowflake beta bitchboy №34095894859845
>>
>>344275650
Get the fuck out of here and keep playing it before someone spoils it for you dumbass
>>
>>344276546
>Cool scientist bro who leaves for a journey of revenge

>Beta bitch

nah man you got Showk all figured out wrong
>>
>>344275650
I too am playing it and so far have been loving it. Only glaring flaws that have been bothering me is that there aren't enough landmarks for warping to places, you don't can't get a vehicle of some kind to get to places quickly, and affinity takes fucking forever to build up even with gifts (hell it's as slow as building affinity between units in GBA Fire Emblem.)
>>
>>344276690
He just had an autistic fit of rage for a half of the game. That doesn't make him cool in the slightest.
The most hilarious scenes is where he was fucking crying and begging Zanza to release the full power of Monado. Without that thing he would be a totally clueless, weak bitch ready to bend over and die.
>>
File: Elma best girl.png (157 KB, 446x656) Image search: [Google]
Elma best girl.png
157 KB, 446x656
>>344276330
>Aeons ahead of its shitty sequel
You mean the one that everybody agrees has better world-building, better combat, better world exploration, a more fleshed out world, better side-quests, better side-stories and more content, right?
>>
>>344276621
Pretty much all the twists are foreseeable unless it's literally your first Japanese related media product.

Xenoblade is so fucking average and it baffles me why the hell do people revere it so much.

>>344277049
Don't even start bothering with sidequests.
Go to place A at time B to get quest C after which you go to place D at time E to quest F which then leads to place G, time H and quest I.

It's fucking awful.
>>
>I can already tell this will be one of my favorite RPGs of all time
What a bunch of jokers...
>>
>>344275650
It's shit.
>>
>>344277332
>everyone agrees
No
>better world building, better combat, better side squests, better exploration, more fleshed out world
Hahahaha, hell no. I'll give you more content though, the the only thing X has over the original.

Gtfo you stupid XCX fag. I've been to your threads, half of them are waifus dumps, that's the only reason you guys are so zealously defendant of your shitty game. Your image alone proves my point. Everyone else agrees that X is massively inferior to XC. It was the concensus in Japan before we got it, and it was the consensus after we got to play it too. You people are just a very vocal minority. Again, your overly defensive posts proves my point. You can't handle people disliking your game.
>>
>>344277591
>>
Hope you like doing sidequests, because oh boy there sure are a lot of them.
>>
XBC is better than XBCX right? I bought X after hearing such good things about the wii game and wew laddy
>>
>at the very end of 2nd playthrough
>restart becauwse I want to do a 100% playthrough
>get about 3/4 of the wya through and lose all motivation
fuck it, I fucked up. There is nothing fun about being 20 levels above all the enemies abnd bosses
>>
>>344277332
>better combat
I honestly prefer the increased variety of play styles in the original game. There's nothing I've found in X that plays like Melia for instance, every class feels kind of the same.
>>
>>344277782
>Decide to ignore sidequests
>The timelocked sidequests will stay in your journal forever
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>344277849
If XB is a 9/10, X is a 7/10
Being inferior to a near-perfect (imo desu) game isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>344277741
It also makes me laugh that whenever people say something that's bad about Xenoblade fanboys immediately respond with "bait" and nothing else.

But I guess you couldn't figure out who Metal Face is or who would betray them, could you?
>>
>>344275650
>I can already tell this game will be one of my favourite RPGs of all time
I never expected it to become one of mine until Valak, but the game has many points where it gets better and better.
>Colony 9
nice, the atmosphere is very relaxing
>Bionis Leg
oh yeah this is what I'm talking about
>Satorl Marsh
well, this is a shit place...
>Satorl Marsh at Night
OH SHIT SON
>Eryth
well, that was a fine ride but surely the game will be over soon...
>Valak and onwards
I'm sold.
>>
>>344278081
>Going up Mechonis' rectum
Now THAT was awful. Nearly lost all motivation here.
>>
>>344278194
You never do though, aside the fact that a Robot doesn't have a rectum, you climb up its leg and torso.
>>
>>344278010
XB isn't near perfect. It's a good game, and solid JRPG, but certainly not near perfect. It's got plenty of flaws.

This is what I mean about Nintendrones overhyping XC. It's a solid game, 8/10. XCX is a huge step back and a mediocre game at best, 6/10.
>>
>hear this game is pretty good even though it's on Nintendo
>try it out
>gay anime filth
>horrible voice acting
>everyone is British
>combat is a joke

Uh no, 4chan. I'll listen to no more of your lies. Got to the first town and then never touched the game again.
>>
File: 3D smug.jpg (36 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
3D smug.jpg
36 KB, 580x435
>>344277708
>better world building
But this is true; though. Mira's a far more fleshed out world than the Bionis and Mechonis. The only thing the BIonis and the Mechonis even have over Mira is a better, more interesting, original concept. You learn much more about Mira, it's locations, it's inhabitants, and the people by doing every side-quest than you do about the Bionis and Mechonis by doing the exact same thing.

>better combat
I don't even know how you could disagree. The combat is hardly even touched from the original save for replacing chain attacks with overdrive (both of which are very broken, don't lie. It's just as easy to wrack up damage or stunlock with chain attack as it is to wrack up damage with overdrive.)

>better side quests
This isn't even debatable. XB quests were collectathons and kill quests. XBX had those too, but XBX also had fully voice-acted side-missions with objectives, character development, and plot. XB only had one, which was with Tyrea towards the end of the game.

>better exploration
This isn't debatable either. Mira is eye-candy, lad. It's much larger than XB's world, it's much more vertical than most open worlds, and there's secrets hidden in nearly every nook and cranny. Monolith realized that exploration was one of the main selling points of XB and decided to monopolize on it with XBX.

>Gtfo you stupid XCX fag. I've been to your threads, half of them are waifus dumps, that's the only reason you guys are so zealously defendant of your shitty game. Your image alone proves my point. Everyone else agrees that X is massively inferior to XC. It was the concensus in Japan before we got it, and it was the consensus after we got to play it too. You people are just a very vocal minority. Again, your overly defensive posts proves my point.
You can't handle people disliking your game.
Seems to me like you can't handle that people actually like a JRPG with an emphasis on the world and gameplay over characters and story.
>>
>>344278292
Solid would be 7/10 desu
>>
>>344278302
What games do you think are good?

Remember, if you dont reply seriously to this post, you are just a shitposter and no one will take your post seriously.
>>
>>344277708
half of xenoblade threads are melia, sharla and fiora dumps desu
>>
>>344276546
>Shulk
>Beta Bitch
LOL did you even play the game?
>>
>>344278010
is the original as annoyingly anime as X? that was the worst part
>>
>>344275898
Considering 5.0 fixed most of the issues use Dolphin
>>
>>344278736
The original is even more anime than X. X is surprisingly not that weeby compared to most JRPGs.
>>
>>344277072
trying to hard anon
>>
>>344278780
great.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KF3mUhyAT8
>>
File: riki lives to serve.gif (3 MB, 367x207) Image search: [Google]
riki lives to serve.gif
3 MB, 367x207
>>344278829
>>
>>344278383
>better world building
Except not at all.

Mira had NO worldbuilding at all. You came across all sorts of hidden instersting locales, only to learn NOTHING about them. XC had all sorts of lore built around all the locales you explored, what with the Giants and the Telethia and stuff.

And yeah, 5 locales, Grasslands, Forest, Desert, Snow, and Volcano are REAL FUCKING ORIGINAL. More on this below.

>Better Combat
And how is XCX any better where companions are totally useless and every build feels the same? Not a single build in XCX plays anything like Melia or Riki. Your party composition means fuck all, cause you can just tank it all with your OP MC, and you're not encouraged to play as the other characters. XC not only lets you play as different charactrs, but also encourages you to do it too. Your party composition means a fuckton in XC if you don't wanna get buttraped. And don't even get me started on the mecha.

>Better Side quests
Except not, the rewards you got from Side quests in XCX were lame as fuck, and there was hardly any incentive to do them. A lot of them were also really lame, "help this manon learn about human culture bullshit" or other shit like that. I could hardly stomach them, and a lot of the dialogue in the afinity quests was cringe inducing. A huge step back in writing from the Heart to Hearts in XC, where you actually felt like the party was growing closer as they travelled the land. In XCX it was Saturday morning cartoon tier writing. Character development? What character development? The main cast was lame as fuck and remained static all througout. Only Elma, Lyn, and L were memorable, and they weren't all too interesting either. Wheras the XC cast actually grew and changed as the story progressed.
>>
>>344278383
pt. 2
>Better exploration
Like fucking hell. XC had you explore and fill in an empty map unsure of what you'd encouter only to come across landmarks and monsters and unique locales, and reward you for it. XCX dumbed this down by giving you a map, and telling you to go to certain marked spots to place Probes. It was literally got to place, kill monster, place probe, and that's ALL YOU DO the whole game.

Not to mention, you're supposed to be exploring an alien planet, but even on the farthest reaches you can get to, you see outposts of other humans who've been there. KILLING the entire sensation of exploiration. What's the point if you don't feel like you're pushing the boudaries and limits of exploration?

Not to mention, the locales themselves were not very interesting. Again, Grass, Forest, Desert, Snow, Volcano, all with lame fucking generic caves that all have the same music stewn about. It was awful. How is this in ANY WAY better than the creative concept of people live on giant GODS?

There is no incentive to explore, especially since your objective means fuck all in terms of progress since the story is segmented in 12 missions, again, counterintuitive design to the premise of exploration. In XC, progress moved along as your proceeded from area to area to area. In XCX, it was just "go to place, find lifehold you've come across way before cause you've been exploring, kill boss."

>Seems to me like you can't handle that people actually like a JRPG with an emphasis on the world and gameplay over characters and story.
Fuck off you delusional faggot.
WHAT GAMEPLAY? XCX added nothing to the gameplay, and took a step back in exploration. Plus the writing, characters, and store don't even compare to the original.

People can like whatever they want, but it's still a shitty fucking game.

And fuck you, you actually got me to reply. I'm done arguing this shit. It's the same debates every goddamn time, and your defense ALWAYS becomes waifu dumps.
>>
File: 1443495207955.jpg (39 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1443495207955.jpg
39 KB, 500x667
>had 70 hours into this
>loving the game
>one day dolphin just nukes my save and its lost forever

mfw
>>
>>344275650
too bad the sequel is a pile of shit and killed the franchise single handedly
>>
also comfiest music coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCo78e53uUc
>>
File: 1483173492342.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1483173492342.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>tfw I like X more than the original
>put 20 hours into XC and stopped
>put 250 hours into XCX and still going

not saying XC was bad or anything but it just didn't hold my interest.
>>
XC is the only example of a perfect game I can find desu
>>
Hopefully Takashi's next game is a sequel to this game and not XCX. I loved XCX but I really miss the combat in the original with chain attacks and looking into the future
>>
>>344280270
>not Satorl Marsh (night)

Ya blew it.
>>
>>344280310
you just have shit taste is all
>>
>>344278736
>>344278780
Original is anime because the guy who wrote the story also wrote anime long before XBC.
>>
>>344280310
Goddamn why does every girl except best girl have Potatoface syndrome in XCX?
>>
>>344280110
PC files don't just up and vanish. Corruption? If so why not rollback your system and see if it works?
>>
>>344280632
nah i prefer X because it's more like the original Xeno series. XC was such a big departure from the original it was just baffling in general. If you grew up with gears and saga you'll notice tons of references to those games.
>>
>>344280670
No clue. The models in XBC were muddy but decent. Their SSB models were perfect.

Then we get potatoes in XCX
>>
>>344278736
Original is the good kind of anime. Something that could have come out of the 90s.

X is DUDE FOOD AND WAIFUS anime.
>>
>>344280907
yeah it's equally unfinished and shit as Xenosaga 2, so you just have shit taste.

Thanks for proving my point anon :^)
>>
>>344280670
I think it's something about the character artist for X, his style looks fine in 2D concept art, but it always comes out weird in 3D.
>>
>>344280001
>Not to mention, the locales themselves were not very interesting. Again, Grass, Forest, Desert, Snow, Volcano, all with lame fucking generic caves that all have the same music stewn about. It was awful. How is this in ANY WAY better than the creative concept of people live on giant GODS?

This

I still remember all the locations in XC, they were very memorable. Like the Noppon Village in the giant fucking tree, where they harvested that pollen stuff. Or the Eryth Sea, with its floating coral reefs and stuff. Or the jungle area with the bridges and the dinosaurs and the hot hazy weather. Or the Satoryl Marsh as it lights up at night, and has all the ruins and stuff to explore. Or the mechonis hand that had Machine people living in it. At every corner, every location had a special flair to it that made it very interesting and memorable. I only wish there was more desu, cause they were all so good.

In X, this wasn't the case, all the locations felt very generic and uninspired. The desert area with ruins and shit, the Volcano place where the bad guys live. The only one I liked was Noctillum since I couldn't pin it down as to what it was, but it still needed that extra... thing that the locales in XC had. They were just a lot more imaginative in the last game, and they really stuck to me after playing it. It made them very interesting to explore.
>>
>>344280310
wait this is what characters actually look like in the new one, I thought this webm was a joke holy shit
>>
>>344281053
at least I didn't say XC is bad.
>>
>>344281093
But all the guys except maybe Gwin look fine. Literally every girl except Elma is a potato waifu and if you took out the hair they'd be identical. Even the female aliums look the same.
>>
>>344279926
>grasslands
It's more of a lush mountainous badlands with two large lakes, not a grassland. It only becomes a grassland in the massive fields in the east of the map.

>Forest
Not really. It's a mixture of a jungle, a basin, and a swamp with a large chunk of the map just being flood plains.

>snow
Ash and flowers are not snow.

>Volcano
While I can't argue with you there, most of the emphasis in Cauldros is placed on the massive scale of the structures around you.

>Except not, the rewards you got from Side quests in XCX were lame as fuck, and there was hardly any incentive to do them.
As opposed to what in XB? Please tell me all of the super cool interesting rewards you can get in XB.

>There is no incentive to explore
Are you a literal child? Do you fucking need an incentive to explore? XB exploration was largely segmented off to the areas where the story brought you. If you were in the first hours of the game you couldn't just run up to Eryth Sea or the Mechonis and explore. In XBX, as soon as you finish the tutorial, you can easily go just about anywhere; You can even climb onto the some of the highest mountains (save for the elevated umbrella mountain thing in Primordia) without a skell.

Not to mention that every single zone in XBX dwarfed every single zone in XB; But rather than being plain, the zones were packed to the brim with things to explore.

XB is my most played JRPG at 500 hours, lad. XBX is nearing it at 430 hours. Both are fucking excellent games but XBX has the best open world I've seen in an RPG. XB might be my most favorite game of all time, but that doesn't mean I don't think XBX does a lot of things better.

>>344280983
There's more waifu pandering in XB than there is in XBX, actually. XB shares more in common with fantasy anime in the 00s and 10s, not that there's anything wrong with that. XBX's more reminiscent of classic mecha anime.

Waifu fanservice has always been a thing in JRPGs since the 80s and animu since the 70s
>>
>>344280001
>>344281157
>Snow

When will this meme die?
>>
File: 1423645645.png (529 KB, 850x476) Image search: [Google]
1423645645.png
529 KB, 850x476
>>344281167
no it's a mod. They replaced two avatars with the main party members.

this is the original
>>
File: anime expert.jpg (62 KB, 554x647) Image search: [Google]
anime expert.jpg
62 KB, 554x647
>>344281282
>>
>>344277332
>>344278383
The problem with X is the characters are boring and forgettable, the story is non-existent, the MC being able to do everything makes using any other character literally pointless, the lack of shared experience even when a character isn't in your party (which the original Xenoblade had) both makes new party members useless if you don't get them as soon as possible and makes grinding for affinity annoying, which is important when the majority of the game is grinding for affinity, the Dolls end up being both too useful to not use and yet they make the combat stale as fuck, and while the exploration is a lot of fun Mira can't really compare to the uniqueness of the Bionis and the Mechonis.

I liked X enough but it lacked all of the things that made me love the first game.
>>
>>344281282
>Not to mention that every single zone in XBX dwarfed every single zone in XB; But rather than being plain, the zones were packed to the brim with things to explore.
Bigger doesn't mean better anon.

The locales in XCX were empty and boring to explore. Also, having a map didn't help. I'll admit I liked the verticality, but the shitty physics only made it worse in many cases. The locations in X just weren't interesting to memorable.

XCX is a classic example of an "idea game" that lacked a proper core concept, and genuine thought put into design.

It's not a very good game. It's just a mish mash of various ideas, many of which just don't work very well together.
>>
>>344281680
>Bigger doesn't mean better anon.
It's bigger and jam packed full of things to explore, anon. I would have a problem with XBX if they just made everything bigger and left things empty.
>>
>>344281282
Waifu pandering is the ONLY good thing XCX has going for it, don't even try to deny it, I've been to your threads.

>b-but XC does it too.

This theads been alive for a couple hours and is nearing 100 posts, and there still hasn't been a dump, but rather discussion about the game. Waifufags plague every franchise, but in the case of X, it's all its got.
>>
>>344277332
Writing's shit, tho, and CAC fucked up a lot of what's good about the original.

It's more of a gigantic beta than anything.
>>
>>344281769
>It's bigger and jam packed full of things to explore, anon
Except it's not.

It's fucking empty, and has nothing but crates and monsters. No civilizations, no towns, very few NPCs. Doesn't even bat an eyelash to XC.
>>
>>344281769
1 town
1 shop in the entire game
>>
>There are niggers here that are so fucking salt about X that they have to call it garbage despite being nearly the same.

Ladies, I get it. You don't want to buy a WiiU for just one game. There's no need to be petty about it.
>>
>>344281609
100% this.

It's not even a debate on whether X is a good game or not, since that's mostly a matter of opinion, but rather, your outlandish statement that X was somehow better than the original, which is not true AT ALL.
>>
>>344281960
I have a WiiU, I have the game, and it's trash. Stopped at Chapter 10 when the game could no longer hold my interest.
>>
>>344281770
Ironically most XB threads turn into Fiora, Sharla, and Melia dumps. I could pull up the archives and link to countless of XB threads that turned into people circlejerking XB waifus anyways.

We're talking about the contents of the game by the way, not people circlejerking waifus. There's a lot more waifu fanservice in XB. Armor is generally more revealing, jiggle physics are much more prominent and there's romance and love triangles. (romance isn't necessarily waifu fanservice but waifu circlejerk always spawns from it) Shulk has his own fucking harem, Sharla has her own reverse harem.

>>344281837
Exploration goes far beyond looking for civilizations, towns, and NPCs, though. It's refreshing to have more games that reward exploration with finding neat landmarks rather than towns and people.
>>
>>344281837
>>344281903
>Having a central hub is bad, even if its total content is roughly equal to all the towns in the previous game combined.

It's okay if you don't like it, but that's pretty fucking stupid logic. X's open world actually being well designed is one of its strongest points.
>>
>>344277591
>>344278019
It's fine if you don't like the game, and it does have it's issues that i agree with you about such as how long, and monotonous the quest chains can be; but you're not really explaining much other than complaining about it. Why did you come into this thread other than to shit post, and troll?
>>
People who prefer XCX over XC actually havent played XC before XCX

The lack of story in XCX is just unacceptable
>>
>>344282104
>. It's refreshing to have more games that reward exploration with finding neat landmarks rather than towns and people.
Which the first game did better, since half the landmark in XCX are probe locations marked on your fucking map. In fact, iirc, ALL landmarks are shown on the map.

What's so fun about just following a trail to a place shown on your map? That's not explortaion. Exploration is seeing something off in the distance, and going through the unknown to get there, and then learning what it is.

Not to mention, again, NPC outposts KILL the sensation that you're discovering new areas and shit as you explore.
>>
>>344278194
Well you are going up a robot's asshole. What were you expecting?
>>
>>344275650
Anyone who played XCX, go back and play XC for more than an hour, I dare you.
>>
>>344282182
>well designed
>Grasslands, Forest, Desert, Snow, Volcano with NO CIVILIZATIONS
>well designed
>>
>>344282289
>The lack of character in XCX is just unacceptable

Fixed.
Xenoblade's story is generic as fuck, titans aside. It shines because of strong character writing and party dynamics.

That said, Xenoblade is a pretty good RPG while X is the only well designed open world game I've ever played. I prefer I's writing and some elements of its design, but X is just a superior game.

I'm happy I bought both at launch.
>>
>>344282443
We get it man XCX has way more replayability than XC, ok.

I spent 180 hours in XCX farming my OHKO Skell and that's it, i'm done with the game
>>
>>344282289
Bullshit lad. I'm a Xeno fan. I played Xenogears, Xenosaga, and was really disappointed with Xenoblade because it didn't really feel like a Xeno game at all thematically, it felt like a completely separate fantasy JRPG with Xeno slapped onto it.
I prefer X because I like sci-fi JRPGs with giant mechs, which is something that Monolith does best.

I even pre-ordered XB because I was so hyped to get my hands on a Xeno game.

>The lack of story in XCX is just unacceptable
I'm tired of this meme. It had a story but the story wasn't the emphasis of the game. For what it is, the story isn't bad, it's just not really gripping.

>>344282324
>Exploration is seeing something off in the distance, and going through the unknown to get there, and then learning what it is.
Which you can do in X. Don't use your map.
>>
>It's ok when Zelda, FE: Fates, #FE, and Star Fox has no story.

>It's not ok when XCX has superior gameplay
>>
>>344282630
>while X is the only well designed open world game I've ever played.
Then you need to play more WRPGs, cause it's easily the worst.
>>
>>344282538
>Design is purely aesthetics
>A world that was almost entirely uninhabited until recently should have towns.
>Implying Xenoblade didn't have the same fucking archetypes with its areas.

Nigga fucking please.
>>
>>344282630
You what m8 ? There isnt even an explanation of the end in XCX because there is just no ending, there is NO story
>>
>>344282772
>XCX
>superior gameplay to Zelda
>it's ok for an RPG to not have a story
Eat dicks.
>>
>>344282745
>For what it is, the story isn't bad, it's just not really gripping.
MIRA
A
G
I
C

wow such a good plot
>>
>>344282538
>grasslands
mountainous lush badlands

>forest
it's a jungle with swamps and flood plains with a large beach, a lot of mountains and a fungal forest

>snow
there is no snow biome in XBX

>volcano
that's simplifying it but that's essentially what it is. there's more of a focus on the large buildings around you though

>>344282952
There is a story, stop overexaggerating. Gameplay should always take precedent in every video game genre besides visual novels, lad.
>>
>>344282952
Superior to gameplay XC and ever Xeno game Takahashi has made, by miles.

Sad thing is the next game is probably gonna be cinematic movie with no gameplay just like you faggots want.
>>
>>344282782
Yes, Fallout 4's endless expanses of fucking nothing compare to well crafted ecosystems.

It's literally the best part of the game.
The open world is ACTUALLY WELL DESIGNED with naturally flowing and logical pathways, alcoves, levels of elevation, shit's nuts.

Noctillum is incredibly complex compared to any other area in an open world game. You have distinct areas that all make sense together and so much density and content. It just can't be fucking compared.
>>
File: One Laugh Man.png (420 KB, 780x718) Image search: [Google]
One Laugh Man.png
420 KB, 780x718
>>344283087
Killing god isn't a good plot either. This is one of the most common tropes in JRPGs.
>>
>>344282745
>I'm tired of this meme

If so many people say there is no story it's because it's not a meme, it has a bit of truth

Can you find less interesting villains than those in XCX ? Even Lao's betrayal is boring
>>
>>344276546
>the guy who wants to go on a genocide is considers a beta bitch
>>
>>344283227
>it has no story
>i-it has a story but it's boring

Make up your mind.
>>
>>344283121
You do realize you're the only person in a thread with 39 posters defending that shitty excuse for a game, right?

What do you get out of it?

Just drop it already dude. It's objectively worse than the original, and many people don't like it. Deal with it.
>>
>big open world
>not a single building you can enter
what's even the fucking point?
>>
>>344283278
ITS ALL MAGIC MAN

MIRA'S MAGIC BRO
>>
>>344283286
Half of these posts defending XBX aren't even made by me.
>>
>>344282874
Should I repeat this for you, motherfucker?

Xenoblade's story is hella generic. X barely has something you could classify as a narrative. The story doesn't matter in either case. Blade excells because it has strong characters, while X doesn't.
>>
>You are level 30
>you go exploring
>Dont expect anything
>YouWillRememberTheirNames.mp3 starts playing
>jumpscared the shit, look around
>level 80 Special Mob fucks my group up

game was scary.
>>
>>344283207
Nice strawman. I didn't even mention Fallout 4.

Go play Morrowind, Daggerfall, Baldr's Gate, or Ultima 7 for starters kid. It's clear you were born after the year 2000 if you actually think FO4 is the end all be all of WRPGs, and XCX has better level and quest design than the game I mentioned.
>>
>>344283320
>THE BAD GUY WASN'T THE BAD GUY ALL ALONG SO LET'S KILL GOD INSTEAD #247
>>
>>344283393
Even if Xenoblade is generic the cast was likable.

Egil's VA was god tier
>>
Why is is that XCX is always hated for having superior gameplay to XC and probably every open world game that year?

>Witcher 3 literally Aard and kill: the game
>Fallout 4? garbage
>MGSV: wastelands of emptiness
>>
>>344283367
Riiiiiiiiiiiight.
>>
>>344283306
There's giant ass spiral trees and caves and weird ruins and mountains.

But fuck all that, where are my enclosed rectangular prisms?
>>
File: CcRiVe4XEAI2QJ_.jpg (60 KB, 600x617) Image search: [Google]
CcRiVe4XEAI2QJ_.jpg
60 KB, 600x617
>>
>>344283518
Because it doesn't

Witcher 3 was far better than it in every way, and XCX fanboys are delusion to think it's superior to it and XC.
>>
>>344283286
You should get you of /v/ once and ask anyone who played XCX whether they like it. The answer may surprise you.
>>
File: egEsleU.png (291 KB, 397x408) Image search: [Google]
egEsleU.png
291 KB, 397x408
>>344283393
>JRPG with a plot that's entirely set in motion by the MCs rage boner
>generic
every generic JRPG would have taken the exact opposite approach at that point.
>>
>>344283393
I agree with you on the characters, Egil, Dickson, Mumkhar are all interesting villains which XCX lacked of

While killing god is pretty generic, you can't resume XC to that, when it fact you can say XCX is all about... MIRA'S MAGIC
>>
>>344283486
Your blade.
It did not cut deep enough.
>>
>>344283121
>Gameplay should always take precedent in every video game genre besides visual novels, lad.
Sure, but it also shouldn't be literally the only thing any effort was put into.
>>
>>344283718
irl? None of my friends play weeb games.

Other forums? Well the only other gaming forums I ocassionaly visit are 8ch, and a bunch of Nintendo forums. 8ch has the same opinions as /v/, and of Nintendrones will praise the ever living fuck out of X. But even there, people agree that it was less that stellar, and that XC was the superior game. So there's that.
>>
File: Cl2sadmVAAITVfq.jpg (173 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Cl2sadmVAAITVfq.jpg
173 KB, 1200x675
>>
>>344283820
That entire scene was the reverse of what I thought would happen.

I thought it was going to be an ally complaining you didn't cut deep enough to kill the enemy.

Instead Egil mocks you for not being able to hurt him
>>
>>
>>344283694
Aard spam is fun?
Item upgrade and all that extra shit has no purpose since the game is piss easy
All you need is aard and you are pretty much set unless you have the reflexes of a sloth.

I can tell you haven't actually played Witcher 3 faggot, but that's to be expected for a shitposter
>>
>>344283859
>XCX fans are so desperate for praise they start waifu dumps in an XC thread in hope of attracting lonely weebs.

Pathetic.
>>
File: 1423496567746.jpg (284 KB, 1051x1134) Image search: [Google]
1423496567746.jpg
284 KB, 1051x1134
>>344283971
>>
>>344283468
Nobody's talking about quest design, we're talking about world design.

>Daggerfall
>good world design
Is this a meme? Daggerfall's too large for it's own good (larger than the united kingdom), and the vast majority of the map is just running around a flat surface with literally (in the truest sense of the word literally) nothing to do.

I don't know what you're doing lumping Baldur's Gate or Ultima 7 into this considering both aren't even 3D, open world RPGs, but considering you brought them up, both games, although not having bad world design, tend to play it safe and create really good, but not very imaginative fantasy worlds. We're talking world design.

Morrowind's one of the few examples of good, engaging world designs in a modern WRPGs by the way.
>>
>>344283278
There's a difference between "having a story" and "things happen," anon.

Things happen in Azumanga Daioh, but Azumanga Daioh doesn't have a story. It has a premise, but there is no story.
>>
>>344284005
Falseflagging isnt gonna help you bud
>>
File: 1454720815799.jpg (1 MB, 1200x848) Image search: [Google]
1454720815799.jpg
1 MB, 1200x848
>>
>>344283663
>But fuck all that, where are my enclosed rectangular prisms?
what are prone bases?

At least the previous game had different cities with castles, laboratory or underground food storages to enter.
Outside of that you had the occasional tower or ruin to enter.
Where as X is just an open field with nothing in it
>>
>>344283963
Nope, I haven't played W3, correct. But I have played XCX, and I didn't like it.

I've also played Ultima 7. Morrowing, Daggerfall, Baldr's Gate, and can tell you you're full of shit when you say XCX is the best designed OW game there is. When it doesn't even come close.

I'm sure Witcher 3 would be a lot more exciting than XCX considering all of its awards and shit.
>>
>>344283971
Compared to the countless XC threads which are fiora and sharla dumps.
>>
File: 16156136132.jpg (206 KB, 700x1300) Image search: [Google]
16156136132.jpg
206 KB, 700x1300
>>
>>344284038
Then as far as world design the last game was far more imaginative than XCX.

It had unique locations all with a special flair to make them memorable. XCX was generic as fuck, and boring to boot.
>>
File: 1451260048640.jpg (196 KB, 400x1046) Image search: [Google]
1451260048640.jpg
196 KB, 400x1046
>>
>"Dunban, you'll never win! Get on your knees and worship me!"

God, I love the dialogue so much, but I still feel like it's never properly explained what the Monado is and how it works
>>
BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE
>>
If this thread was about Zelda having no story, all you faggots would be defending it.

JRPG faggots are the worst. I am enjoying XCX, and feel sad that you need a good story to justify playing a game with good gameplay.
>>
>>344284268
AGAINST THE ODDS
>>
File: Sylvalum screenshot.jpg (486 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sylvalum screenshot.jpg
486 KB, 1280x720
>>344284227
XB and XBX have some of the most unique and original locations in video games, though, don't lie.
>>
>>344284306
>hurr, and RPG a genre known for being narrative driven doesn't need a story, why are people so petty
KYS

X apologists are the worst.
>>
File: 1466510781457.jpg (212 KB, 750x909) Image search: [Google]
1466510781457.jpg
212 KB, 750x909
>>344284306
>good gameplay
>>
>>344283468
>Nice strawman. I didn't even mention Fallout 4.
You said play more open world WRPGs.
I used the biggest one in the last year as an example.

>Play Morrowind
I have, it's great.
>Dagger fall
I have, you can't call it "design" when it's random, genius.
>Baldur's Gate
That's not even an open world game at all.
>Ultima 7
That's as much of an open world as Dragon Quest, you fuck.
V is better anyway, and the Famicom ports of 3 and 4 shit all over 7's overrated ass.

>kid
>It's clear you were born after the year 2000
Oh shit, the fabled "WAAAAH YOU DISAGREE WITH ME! U-UNDERAGEEEE!!!" argument.

>if you actually think FO4 is the end all be all of WRPGs
Never said that. It'sshit, honestly.

>XCX has better level and quest design than the games I mentioned.
Never said that either, the quests are pretty dull.

I said it's the best open world game I've ever played because it actually has a well designed world. Morrowind's up there, but X's area design is fucking immaculate.

But go ahead, keep acting like a retard just because some people don't share your opinions.
>>
>>344284109
>I'm sure Witcher 3 would be a lot more exciting than XCX considering all of its awards and shit.

anon, go play witcher 3 and after you understand the game structure and bloating after the first 10 hours come back to me and try saying to my face that you enjoyed the gameplay.
>>
>>344284332
Only Noctilum was good in X. And there was hardly anything to other than the center area in your picture. It wasn't interesting to explore at all, and the narrative structure hurt the exploration aspect.
>>
>>344284306
most of the people i've seen defend XBX are old fossils who bring up shitty 80s JRPGs with no story

>>344284385
Most of the original JRPGs and WRPGs of the 80s weren't story heavy, though. They were about exploring a setting and interacting with things.
>>
>>344284260
The ending gives the basic gist of it

The Monados are basically administrative rights. III is the System Admin and Zanza/Menyth have User Admin
>>
>>344284385
yeah and while you are at it lets make every sequel carbon copies of XC.
>>
File: 1423545748.jpg (437 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1423545748.jpg
437 KB, 1280x720
I like the asshole nopons.
>>
>>344284470
>try saying to my face that you enjoyed the gameplay.

I find Witcher's gameplay to be awful but i see a lot of people enjoying it anon, that's a mystery waiting to be resolved
>>
>>344284470
Disliking W3 isn't gonna suddenly make me like X, especially when XC exists.

If W3 i shit, then XCX is still shit.

>>344284473
JRPGs didn't exist in the early 80s. iirc, Dragon Quest was the first JRPG, and I forget when it came out. But it was late 80s at best.
>>
>>344283778
That's more character than story.
The exact same events would unfold, just with a whiny bitchface instead of Alpha Genius Shulk ready to kill some fuckers.
>>
>>344284590
Would be better than playing another game like XCX.
>>
>>344284672
>Iirc, Dragon Quest was the first JRPG
Nigga, no.
Holy FUCK no.

It was the first big CONSOLE JRPG.
>>
Just wait until the game asks you to get an item with a 2% drop rate
>>
>>344284614
>I like the Jew Nopons
Fixed

Seriously, I was upset that Alex murdered the Nopons he brought with him in the first quest, but the more I interacted with them, the more I felt he did the right thing.

So much Jewing by them in the game.
>>
File: 15612136.png (304 KB, 706x499) Image search: [Google]
15612136.png
304 KB, 706x499
>>344284672
>Dragon Quest was the first JRPG
I have absolutely no words
>>
>>344284473
>people who have played chrono trigger, secret of mana, final fanstacy 6 and gems of jrpg history say XCX is a good game.

>people who began with ff 10 or ff13 say XCX is a shit game

gee I wonder who's the right person to believe
>>
>>344284672
Nobody said early 80s btw. dragon quest wasn't the first JRPG too, and dragon quest is a series that proves JRPGs don't have to have a heavy emphasis on plot.
>>
>>344284332
Nigga Sylvalum was "We looked at the cover of Riven and made an area."
>>
File: MakingNewLAGreatAgain.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
MakingNewLAGreatAgain.webm
2 MB, 854x480
>>344284867
making NLA great again
>>
>>344284913
>80s JRPGs
>brings up plot-heavy 90s JRPGs
Holy shit how dumb are you?
>>
>>344284587
...shit that makes sense.
Shulk was literally just fucking with .ini files.
>>
>>344284913
This is actually the other way around anon
>>
>>344284672
>iirc, Dragon Quest was the first JRPG

Xenogears fans were right when they said Xenoblade babbies have no understanding of JRPGs.
>>
>>344284983
Wow Elma is a bitch
>>
File: Dunban2_Xenoblade.png (73 KB, 261x204) Image search: [Google]
Dunban2_Xenoblade.png
73 KB, 261x204
>mfw we will never get to have a comfy Xenoblade thread ever again thanks to cancerous meme spouting X fanboys
These threads used to be the comfiest and least cancerous on /v/ before X happened
>>
>>344284672
Hydlide came out in 1984, and it wasn't even the first.
>>
>>344285127
yeah keep telling yourself that.
>>
>It's another "Xeno- game tries to be too ambitious and ends up only being half finished" game

Man, I wish Xenoblade Chronicles will be his only game to ever be truly complete
>>
File: elmaplz.jpg (583 KB, 1612x1814) Image search: [Google]
elmaplz.jpg
583 KB, 1612x1814
>>344285182
Elma is best bitch
>>
>>344285172
Xenogears fans are babies as well, that game was horribly designed.
>>
>>344285234
funny I can say that about you faggots and xenogears
>>
>>344285312
This nigger is right tho
>>344285314

The only finished Xeno game is Xenoblade Chronicles
>>
>>344285234
>tfw xenoblade threads were comfy
>X comes out
>X tries to be comfy in xenoblade threads
>autistic fanchildren on both sides start bitching at eachother
>"m-muh generic shonen story"
>"m-muh half-assed mecha open world"
>meanwhile people who like both games can't discuss them anymore

;_;
>>
File: 1451241216819.jpg (70 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1451241216819.jpg
70 KB, 500x373
>>
>>344285314
At least Takahashi learned and made a finished game with no story instead of an unfinished mess with most of a far-too-long story.
>>
>>344285470
>a finished game with no story

Then it's an unfinished game anon
>>
>>344285462
poor Melia
jesus christ
>>
File: 1447613505440.png (338 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
1447613505440.png
338 KB, 680x383
>>344285462
It never ends.
>>
Why do xenogearsfags despise XB so much and praise XBX?
It's always those faggots who claim "huhuh yeah i love xenogears and xenosaga. xenoblade was shit. xenoblade x is great. Mechs!!!"
>>
>>344285462
Melia was the best girl.
>>
>>344285552
>It is impossible for a game to be finished without story.
Tetris says hi.
>>
>>344285456
i feel you anon. XC was great and XCX was also great. I can't wait for the announcement of Takahashi's next game in 2017
>>
>>344285597
I like all the Xeno games except Saga (what garbage), but you fucks are insufferable.
>>
>>
>>344285597
Xenogears fanboys think Xenoblade attracts the butt-JRPG crowd and they constantly shit on XB for being a fantasy game instead of a sci-fi game.
>>
>>344285597
Because Xenosaga is actually garbage
>>
>>344281680
Should i sell this game? Legit question.

Got through chapter 6 and a mech which wasn't much fun at all, and apparently i have to complete chapter 9 to get the flying shit.

XC felt so much better its insane, i used to fucking hyped for X since inception...
>>
>>344285731
Mary Sue incarnate
>>
>>344285456
I don't really get it. I got X a few days ago and have been enjoying it. I don't get all the hate. The only thing that I might have a gripe with is that skells make progression a bit too easy since you can fight things 20+ levels higher than you
>>
>>344285776
If you don't like X, you just don't.
It doesn't really change.

I liked it, but if you wanted something more like Blade you won't find it here. Try some PS2 RPGs, like Radiata Stories or Soul Nomad.
>>
>>344275898
why do i get stutter playing this game despite having a 980ti and 4790k? I just want to play xenoblade smoothly at 1440 :(
>>
File: 033.png (42 KB, 409x386) Image search: [Google]
033.png
42 KB, 409x386
>>344285597

Here, let me spell it out for you

Xenogears : Massive Space Opera designed by Takahashi ultimately unable to reach it's full potential because he aimed too unrealistically.

Xenosaga ; Massive Space Opera designed by Takahashi ultimately unable to reach it's full potential because he aimed too unrealistically

Xenoblade : Small Scale Science Fiction Fantasy story that Takahashi aimed realistically with and ultimately reached a definite and satisfying conclusion for it's story.

Xenoblade Chronicles X : Massive Space Opera designed by Takahashi that will likely not reach it's full potential because Takahashi aimed too unrealistically
>>
>>344285462
>her stepmother hates her
>brother turns into a telethia and then she kills him
>her people turn into telethia as well
>she'll live longer than any of her homs and nopon friends
>gets ignored for Fiora
Why must they make Melia suffer so much
>>
>>344285806
That's because you havent finished the game anon

I enjoyed the shit out of it the first few days cause i was hoping the story was going somewhere
>>
>>344285806
Xenoblade fans were expecting the second coming of Xenoblade. Xenoblade X is far more akin to Xenogears and Xenosaga in tone and presentation. Far more people have played Xenoblade than Xenogears and Xenosaga so most of the people were expecting another Xenoblade.

inb4 some anon mistakes this as shitting on xenoblade
>>
>>344285918
>Xenogears : Massive Space Opera designed by Takahashi ultimately unable to reach it's full potential because he aimed too unrealistically.

More like Square suddenly taking half of his budget and team to work on Final Fantasy
>>
>>344285806
The new systems made to accommodate custom-characters are worse than the systems used in Blade, in my opinion.
>>
>>344285776
Are you using the mech that they gave you? I also was disappointed in them until I bought a level 30 one. The difference between the 20 and 30 is huge
>>
>>344285918
preach.

XC is a good jrpg but it's far from a xeno game. Even takahashi himself admits it.
>>
>>344285930
The developer team allegedly hated her character.
>>
>>344284883
>>344284783
It was the first actual good and playable JRPG, yes.
>>
>>344285806
they want roin toime, riki and born in a world, they could care less about the story unless melia gets cucked again.

This is the average XC fan.
>>
>>344285918
>Xenogears : Mecha JRPG set as a sequel to a Massive Space Opera designed by Takahashi. Ultimately cut to pieces because he doesn't know what editing and budgeting means.

>Xenosaga ; Massive Space Opera designed by Takahashi ultimately unable to reach it's full potential because he aimed too unrealistically and still doesn't know what the fuck editing is.

>Xenoblade : Small Scale Science Fiction Fantasy story that Takahashi aimed realistically with and ultimately reached a definite and satisfying conclusion for it's story.

>Xenoblade Chronicles X : Mecha JRPG set as a prequel to a Massive Space Opera designed by Takahashi. He sacrificed the story to actually finish a goddamn game while attaining his ambitions for once.

Fixed it for you, champ.
>>
I dont like how Sharla is a mandatory character because she has the only healing skills. I went through the game with Rey as a tank and Sharla as healer and when I got Fiora I played as her because she does shitloads of damage.
>>
>>344285776
>>344285894
Try doing story-based sidequest stuff with the optional party members and quests like the religion one and the distress signal plot with the insect-like alien race. Personally, I didn't care for X's main story at all, but I loved the sidequests. Although if you've already done some of that stuff and didn't care for it, then, yeah, it won't improve. Flying skells actually make the game worse in some ways, IMO, since it kills ground exploration.
>>
>>344285791
Niggas don't realize that Elma is Uzuki X Kos-Mos.

It explains EVERYTHING about why she's shit.
>>
>>344286486
>only healing skills
Wrong

Either way if you genuinely need to use Sharla after you have 4 party members, you're just underleveled.
>>
>>344286486
Sharla isn't mandatory. Really she just drags out battles. You can replace her with Riki without a problem and he'll kill things faster with his DoTs. I didn't like that you had to play as shulk when fighting mechon because the AI is incompetent with the monado arts
>>
File: lorithia.jpg (18 KB, 362x260) Image search: [Google]
lorithia.jpg
18 KB, 362x260
FUUUUCK OFFFF
>>
>>344286906
YOU'LL PAY FOR YOUR INSOLENCE
>>
File: 1442927980696.jpg (57 KB, 576x418) Image search: [Google]
1442927980696.jpg
57 KB, 576x418
>>344277332
>better world building
Bigger world doesn't mean a better world

>better combat
yes

>better world exploration
Again, just because it's bigger doesn't make everything better

>more felshed out world
can agree

>better side quests
yes, but basically still the same

>better side-stories
all the characters in this game are bland and nobody gives a fuck about them. So who cares.

>more content
again...

>>344277708
This anon is right.

I'm sorry for you, but XCX sucked in comparison to XC Chronicles. It's just not that good like the first one.
>>
I FINK A FLY BIT ME
>>
>>344285462
DELETE THIS
>>
>>344287215
It's your opinion mate,

For me XCX was fantastic as an open world game. But you seem to be comparing apples to oranges. What applies to linear games cannot apply to non-linear. Progression is automatically better in linear games because that's what a linear game is supposed to focus on. Try making XC open world, what happens to story if I can just skip everything and go to mechonis. What would be the point of Ether Mine quest.
>>
>>344287215
nobody implied bigger = better
>>
Actually, as a person who has Xenogears as it's favourite game, I really dislike XBX.

Precisely because it's lack of story, not because of MUH MECHS and other silly stuff.
Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.