[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started playing this. Are there any spots I can fuck-up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: catherine.png (136 KB, 250x262) Image search: [Google]
catherine.png
136 KB, 250x262
Just started playing this. Are there any spots I can fuck-up permanently, or any decisions to avoid that'll lock me into a bad ending forever, like Persona 4?

I'd enjoy playing it blind but I'm playing this on a PS3 I've borrowed so I probably don't have time to replay it in case I get the worst possible ending.

Also what are some good points to create separate save files to come back to in case of a fuck up?
>>
>>344272498
There's not exactly "bad" or "good" endings, just variations of the red & blue sides, and couple "neutrals". It's very subjective which ones you prefer, but I'd really recommend doing a blind run first, and then trying to get the extreme end ones later.

I'm the kind of guy who makes backup saves all the time. I'd say you could save to new slot after each day.
>>
>>344272498
Nah, you're probably not gonna get the best read: Space ending on your first go, but that's fine. You can skip any level you can get a gold trophy on in your next play-trought so who cares really? Just abuse the fact that the combo timer goes back to max every time you rewind time to cheese your way to the top
>>
Unless you know what you're doing, you won't reach 100% evil or 100% good. You'll fall in either shades or neutral.

>I'm playing this on a PS3 I've borrowed

It's like less than 100 dollars. Persona 5 is being released in the West on the PS3. Just buy it you cheap asshole.
>>
>>344272845
>Just buy it you cheap asshole.
this.
If you need something else to justify owning the console, there's the MGS Legacy Collection, which has ALL the main-series MGS games released before 5.
>>
>>344272712
should have made that for my first playthrough
>need to finish game in gold rank
>worrying about staying neutral
think i wont even finish it twice
>>
>>344273164
I've already beaten MGS1-4.

I'm a PC+Nintendo guy so there are very few console exclusives I really wanted to play. I beat MGS4, Dragon's Dogma (pre-PC release) and Journey last time I borrowed the same friend's PS3, and now that I've got it again I'm aiming to beat Demon's Souls and Catherine.

I think that fully exhausts every possible PS3 game I want to play, save for NieR which I heard is a hit or miss game anyway
>>
>>344273326
>I've already beaten MGS1-4.
But not MG1, MG2:SS and MGS:PW.
Especially the latter ended up being one of my very favorite games ever, and I spent a good 350 hours on it during my first playthrough.
>>
>>344272835
>tfw you get best ending on your first playthrough
The 100% Catherine ending is pretty great too though
>>
>>344273436
I emulated Peace Walker and didn't like it much. It feels like a very stripped down version of MGS3, with added bullet sponge boss battles.

The story is also retarded from the get go, why the fuck does Big Boss believe The Boss might still be alive when he personally shot her in the head and left her corpse to be blown up by missiles?
>>
>>344273436
Shit walker was trash he's doing himself a favor stopping at 4
>>
>>344273730
Cuz he's a delusional cuck for Bossu and he needed her loving embrace
>>
File: guess your trophies.jpg (241 KB, 860x1010) Image search: [Google]
guess your trophies.jpg
241 KB, 860x1010
so which ending i did?
>>
>>344273730
Why does Big Boss belive that spoiler?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x6mVUDB6Fw
Because he's naive as fuck
>>
File: mgs pw tactical dicking action.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
mgs pw tactical dicking action.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>344273730
>It feels like a very stripped down version of MGS3,
It's far more than that though. Rather than MGS3, it's more close to MGS4 in many ways. Base building is kinda essential part, so if the idea of creating and managing your own Outer Heaven doesn't give you a raging boner, then I guess you'll miss a good chunk of the fun.

I liked that you had to plan your gear beforehand for the missions, and then had to deal with your choices (or start from beginning). Obviously the game's also a total blast in co-op, though I only ever beat a few optional bosses with a friend.

>with added bullet sponge boss battles.
I sometimes feel like the only person on this planet who LOVES PW's bosses.
For starters, the vehicle squads are almost meant to be stealthed through, and that's how I dealt with them. Meanwhile, the AI bosses provided a nice solution to the series old problem: you got all these fancy toys of destruction, but where would you use them??

>The story is also retarded from the get go
Did you miss the fact that the series has literally people coming back from the dead and/or haunting others all the time? If anything, I'd say BB was in just to be sure, all while getting some nice merits for his merc team.

Now the borderline silly personal plot aside, I was totally hooked on the overall setting and context of the game. Very rarely do we see any kind of take on the Middle- and South America's role and situation in the Cold War, and it's quite refreshing to see it in this "neutral" viewpoint, where both USA and USSR are the "bad guys". It all was made even more delicious with the idea of BB and his MSF being these power-balance ruining rocks on both sides' pizzas. The final speech got me pumped as fuck, and definitely would've made a FAR better closure to the series / cycle than anything MGS5 did.
>>
OP here.

There's an option to drink at the bar, does it do anything beneficial? It says intoxication affects movement speed during nightmares, I'm assuming that's bad so is there any reason to do it?
>>
>>344275775
It clearly says that you move FASTER during the nightmares by drinking.

Seriously people, read the manual AND what the game says!
>>
>>344276046
>>344276046
I'm pretty sure it said it just said 'affects your speed' which can mean anything
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.