[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RTS Thread. Has 8-Bit Armies got better? Did they release an SDK?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
RTS Thread.

Has 8-Bit Armies got better? Did they release an SDK?
>>
Why aren't you playing Lol or Data 2 they're far better RTS games than the rest.
>>
>>344270241
Overwatch is better.
>>
>>344270241
I want to build stuff
>>
>>344270334
That wanna be moba? Fuck off

>>344270353
Why? Give me one good reason
>>
>>344269937
Never heard of it. Are these 3D models textured to look like 2D sprites?
>>
>>344270241
the best rts is cod, everything just pales in comparision
>>
>>344270414
Dunno, I just like that part of the game and I sorely miss it.
Needless to say Dota and Lel don't sate it.
>>
>>344270414
I think that

' I wanna ' is a good enough reason you fucking faggot

Go back to lol
>>
>>344270428
No, pic related is how it looks.

Petroglyph went full "We want a Minecraft audience"
>>
From the gameplay, 8-bit armies seems like its the most generic C&C clone ever. Not a bad thing but its so generic that you have no drive to play it. It lacks any and all flavor and spice.
>>
>>344270607
I actually kind of dig the art style. Simple and colourful.

My problem is that is a straight up rip off of C&C, and it doesn't do anything new at all. Literally just play Red Alert.
>>
Dev-Fag here.

Would you guys like a C&C-type game with a similar resource like Tiberium and a completely different and original story?

Modern Age
Tiberium like Resource
C&C Gameplay with Xcom 2 Additions

How far am I to a lawuit from EA?
>>
>>344270964
Invent something new.
>>
>>344270941
Yeah, it doesn't have anything to it. Not even the simplest thing. They do have a campaign but it's pretty much devoid of life.
>>
>>344270964
Fuck that. Heres what you do:

Make a game like Civ, but with RTS combat. Think AoE2 but on a large scale, with persistant units and bases. Claiming cities, ruining other countries, all with real time combat.

Why doesnt this already exist?
>>
>>344271065
I'll get rid of the Tiberium like substance.

I don't know, I just wanna make something like Red Alert mixed with Generals. I miss those type of games.
>>
>>344271168

So like Rise of Nations?
>>
>>344270607
Ugly. That's not good low poly
>>
>>344271168
Something like Rome Total War?

I had something like that in mind though

>Alternate reality
>You can support a specific country through a specific mission.
>it can go in two ways
>Either you support them or you don't. One way they'll support you and ally to you and if you don't they'll cut ties and become enemies
>if you support them, you will unlock specific tech like units and research
>If you support France, they'll give you stronger Defences. Walls and Turrets
>If you support Germany, they'll give you stronger tanks and upgrades
>If you support Italy, they'll give you their Attack chopper
>You can upgrade the units to the point of looking all like futurustic stuff.
>Ex: An A10 can be upgraded to the point of having a blasting Particle Cannon instead of a Cannon.
>An Attack chopper can be upgraded with stealth and silent running shit, it would also have a 25% chance to shut down enemy missiles.
>>
>>344271720
That sucks though.
>>
>>344269937
it looks like they have multiple factions now (as free dlc) but the campaign for the extra factions are paid
>>
>>344271287
I wish the Rise of Legends addon got released.
>>
>There will never be a new RTS game with better artillery and automization systems than Warzone 2100
>There will never be a new RTS game that actually focusses on stratefy and not tactics
I'm so sick of these upscaled ARPGs. AI War was decent I guess, just way too stiff and based on spreadsheets and numbercrunching.

I also really hope Cossacks 3 will make it.
>>
So is it worth getting?
>>
>>344272676
No, play Lol.
>>
>>344272676

No. Its trash. Got the game and refunded it within 2 hours. The units are un-balanced and the game lacks any strategic or tactical depth. Unless the devs step up their game I can't recommend it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.