[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On my now 3 year long quest to finish Hyperdimension Neptunie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Vert_RB1.png (467 KB, 659x785) Image search: [Google]
Vert_RB1.png
467 KB, 659x785
On my now 3 year long quest to finish Hyperdimension Neptunie Re:Birth 1 and stop being a secondary, I've finally met Vert. Answer me this

What the fuck is her obsession with her beauty? I thought she was this 'ara, ara' type of character, which she kinda is, but on top of that she keeps going on how 'beautiful' she is. When she levels up, it's 'I've become even more beautiful', one of her skills is endazzling enemies with her beauty.
>>
Because Xbone users are infatuated with themselves.
>>
>>344268221
Because you're playing with English voices instead which changes the characters quite a bit.
>>
File: 1461956317995.gif (2 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1461956317995.gif
2 MB, 260x260
>>344268221
Re;Birth 1 is in its own separate canon, so the characterization for her is far different than the sequels. In other words, the game you're playing takes place in a different dimension so that's why everyone is different. She's not really like this in the later games.

Megadimension Neptunia V2 has the best version of the characters. Even Noire becomes tolerable and less of a bitch, and is rather sympathetic too.

Btw timeline is

Rebirth 2, Rebirth 3, Megadimension V2.
>>
>>344268389
Does it really? I'm going through the 1st rebirth as well and just found her obsessed with MMOs and IF.

>>344268751
>V2 has the best version of the characters
I was planning to skip to V2 but now I'm interested.
>>
>>344269190
In every game after the first, IF and Vert have no relationship all together. I was very confused at first. Yeah you should probably skip to V2. That game is legitimately pretty good. Great atmosphere (part 1), fast gameplay, and amazing music.
>>
>>344269190
Yes, a lot of the dialogue is different in the original version compared to the English localization. You can thank NISA for that. Although I don't know if IFI changed the script or not when they ported Rebirth 1 to PC.
>>
File: Arfoire_(Pure).png (142 KB, 250x297) Image search: [Google]
Arfoire_(Pure).png
142 KB, 250x297
>>344269489
Also Majekon best Goddess.
>>
>>344269534
>Purefoire
She needs to come back.
>>
>>344269397
>IF and Vert have no relationship all together
That is weird considering how much they push it in the first game.
>>
>>344268221
Vanity and narcissism.
>>
>>344269489
Megadimension is a faithful translation done by Idea Factory, RB2 and 3 sucked with the writing for straying too far.

>>344269764
First game is a separate canon, still weird how it's a one off though.
>>
>>344269489
Rebirth 1 is a very, very, very loose remake of the first game and things play out pretty differently in it, so it has a completely different script. A pretty good one at that too, a few memes thrown in here and there but it isn't meme overload like the NISA translations or, sadly, the Rebirth 2 and 3 translations. Thankfully V2's translation is more akin to Rebirth 1.
>>
>>344268221
Nep games have literal meme translations that put even commiesubs to shame
>>
>>344272282
I did not know about any of this, thanks.
>>
>>344268221
Worst girl syndrome.
>>
>>344271118
I thought all RB games, V and V2 were in the same cannon and the old 1 and 2 were seperate?
>>
>>344273296
RB1 is separate them. RB2, RBV and V2 are in the same canon.
>>
Don't be fooled into thinking V2 has any good writing. It has less shit writing, but it's still pretty bad. It's serviceable, though easily skip able for the most part. The overall story is actually quite good, but the narrative falls on its ass from the second story onwards.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.