[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hows the rank going?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: 1467878483378.gif (312 KB, 305x350) Image search: [Google]
1467878483378.gif
312 KB, 305x350
Since there are so little threads why not one more.
Rank is easier when you got a team willing to switch chars for the sake of the team.
How many times did you get a guy who had to play that one character that was useless in on the specific map?
>>
Higher ranks are not fun.

Got up to 65.

It's double winston, double zarya, or double tracer every game.

Double tracer being the worst; genuinely expecting a nerf soon.
>>
Cockmeat.
>>
>>344267816
Really?
That sucks, I see tracer in the lower levels and she generally brings the teamost down.
>>
>>344267816
>tracer being the worst; genuinely expecting a nerf soon

You misspelled buff. I love playing her,she's crazy fun, but she's ridiculously weak, I don't see how anyone has problems with her.
>>
>>344268493
Just her zipping around, she's quick but sucks for defence.
>>
I was demoted from 45 to 41 just because I kept running in to horrid players.

Took about 9 matches to drop that far due to having 4+ gold medals each game. I literally carried my team each round. Fucking horrible.

Literally no excuse that I should have to switch from heal to tank with only 5k healing done and still get gold healing as rein when there was a lucio/mercy combo going on.
>>
>>344268550
>her zipping around

And? Her damage is a joke, she dies almost istantly, and, comparing to other characters, her ulti is useless. She desperately needs a buff and soon.
>>
>>344268627
Happened to me, was 54 went to 49
Back to 51 now, but fuck the worst was one guy complaining the entire match. He got mad about my choice of healer and pretty much lost us the match to prove he was right.
>>
File: 1322615842122.jpg (17 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1322615842122.jpg
17 KB, 400x400
>>344267553
15 losses in a row.

I wish I was joking.

I have no clue how to escape this slump and the worst part is the team begins to turn on itself with insults and dick-measuring contests when things aren't working out which, as a result, causes us to lose. It's happened literately every single time and I can't prevent it.

This is a type of Hell I've only experienced one other time in CSGO, and even then the losses weren't as bad as what's happening when I play Comp.
>>
>>344268918
Fuuuuuuuu
Lower levels just get worse, like this is why the lower ranks stay lower ranks.
>>
I haven't touched the clusterfuck that is Ranked since I calibrated at 60. I figured I'd let the shit settle and garbage players to drop rank.
>>
>>344269385
Starting when it's fresh is the best way to get high ranked, everyone doesn't have a stratagy yet so they play it like qp. Then you stomp them.
>>
Why is almost every match a complete 0-3 stomp one way or the other. Even when I'm winning it's just a steamroll. Wish I had more close games or something
>>
>giving a shit about in a non competitive game
guys pls
>>
>tfw rank 17 and continuing to fall
>>
>>344269834
Rage quitters, really its when they lose the first round they dip out.
That hasn't happened to me, most of my games were close ones. Only 3 of my games where the other team quit and left us to contest everything.
>>
>>344269834
What rank are you?
>>
>>344270123
Hovering around 60-62
>>
>>344268767
>Damage is a joke
Not at all. Melts anyone in close range, which isn't hard to do since getting in and out of that range is easy.

>Dies almost instantly
She presses E to heal any hits and is never more than 2 dashes away from a health pack

>Ulti is useless
She can take anyone she wants out of a fight with minimal trouble with [Dash]>[Ulti]>[E]

Aside from her mobility being too strong in combat, the main reason I see her getting a mobility nerf is because she's a core part of the "infinite overtime loop" problem Blizz has said they don't like.
>>
>>344270368
they should consider changing how over time works.

like, you get a full bar that decreases a little more slowly, but it doesn't recharge. on koth, it would reset it you have 99-99 and the point changes possession, but otherwise it just widdles down.
>>
>>344270624
It's bull actually. So many times I lost matches because they were able to hold the over time and take the game.
>>
Fighting against 2 Tracer is literally impossible to win
They can pelt you at long range even if you go McCree or Winston
>>
File: tumblr_o9nyuaZoHM1ufmqd5o2_540.png (100 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9nyuaZoHM1ufmqd5o2_540.png
100 KB, 540x540
Started at 65

Dropped down to 48 because of leavers, the Koth glitch and the shit >>344268918 mentioned.

I don't have friends so I resorted to grouping up with some foul mouth 16 year olds, and while we're doing slightly better there's no fucking way I'm gonna be able to climb out of this hole.

The higher ranks were all strategy and tactics with good players on both sides typically, but now I'm down with the uncoordinated fucking muppets so ranking back up is impossible.

Kill me please
>>
>>344270736
She does fuckall damage at any range beyond close
Only fat targets soak a bunch of bullets at barely medium range
The spread and falloff are just too big
>>
>>344270736
reinhardt
winston
moving your legs

there, i found 3 counter strategies for your problem
>>
>>344270916
Reinhardt is just target practice for tracer
>>
>>344270889
>>344270916
Or theyll pelt your squishy healer from far away so you cant heal back their tickles that still amounts to constant damage over time because non of you can chase and hit her unless she's fresh off recall and blink cd
>>
>>344270368
True, she's good at close range, but so is everyone else and she'll die in one or 2 hits from any character. Her ulti has incredibly shit range and is very easy to miss, and sometimes even if you manage to stick it, the guy will survive. I cannot understand at all why they made it so shit given that most other character can wipe an entire team with theirs. I mean one of the characters has a fucking aimbot for ulti. It just makes no sense.
>>
>>344270889
she does higher damage at range than all but three classes, and theres absolutely no risk involved in just holding down m1 in their general direction because her maximum spread is fucking small and reached basically the instant you start firing
>>
>>344271098
holy fuck dude, just get good already
>>
Started at 42
Now I'm at 22

Worst part is getting baited by the 13 year olds in the chat in the lower ranks who think everyone is shit except them
>>
>>344271107
>she does higher damage at range than all but three classes,
What the hell are you smoking
The spread is by far big enough that you'll hit maybe 5 bullets at range, with falloff you're looking at 10 damage or something
It's pitiful
Soldier, Pharah, widow, hanzo, Mei, mccree, Genji, Bastion, Zarya, Lucio and Zenyatta are all massively better at range
>>
>>344271292
congrats. 22 is more fun anyway
>>
>>344271098
Sure, it means that one hero of the enemy team is busy dishing out a staggering 20 dps
>>
>tfw practicing my Tracer
At the beginning I had like 40% winrate, now I'm at just above 51
She's so fun to play- you need constant awareness of every player and the map, you'll have to practive blinking around while keeping your aim on a target, you can't just rush in most of the time but you have to be sneaky and or pesky, you need to know all the maps for their routes and health pots, you need to know the effective distances of every hero because you die when something looks at you funny, and so on
But when you do get into the zone and just melt enemy after enemy it's exhilirating
>>
File: Playing quick-match.png (237 KB, 540x695) Image search: [Google]
Playing quick-match.png
237 KB, 540x695
>>344267553
Started out at 54, now down to 52. MMR seems worthless considering how stupid many players are or at least how little they learned with 150+ levels of play-time.
Two enemy tanks on the front-line? Nah, we don't need no Reaper, better go Genji and be useless.
Focusing their Mercy? Nah, let's kill everyone else first then look on as they get ressurrected.

The worst part is that I mainly play tanks, since nobody else seems to play them properly, so I'm always depending on the team not sucking.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.