[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Minecraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: header-banner1.33f7482083dc.jpg (113 KB, 1200x511) Image search: [Google]
header-banner1.33f7482083dc.jpg
113 KB, 1200x511
Not counting the horrible fanbase it spawned, what's your opinion on Minecraft?
>>
Has spawned an entire genre, but is itself the victim of lack of foresight and planning that led to its development becoming a mess.

Still occasionaly play it with mods though, the performance go to hell but some of the industrial packs are really good time wasters.

Tinker's Construct is the greatest mod that has ever existed
>>
>>344266924

fun as shit, i play it on ps4 now and then

creative is crap though
>>
>>344266924

It's a pretty good game even it's unoptimized as fuck at the cpu level
>>
It's a good time waster, but I find myself needing to play with others or else I lose interest, still waiting for something to make playing multiplayer with a friend, simple.
>>
I want to build cool stuff.
Takes forever to harvest the materials I need.
Too much pride to just play creative.
>>
>>344268543
realms is dead simple
>>
>>344266924
always hated the blocky style. prefer terraria as far as this kind of game goes
>>
>>344266924

A phrase comes to my mind: "A monument of wasted opportunities."

I love so many things about the game. The iconic graphics, the atmospheric soundtrack, the simplicity, the sense of progression...But the game just isn't fun to play and it gets boring quick.
>>
>>344266924
Pretty autistic, like most creation/buildling games. Makes sense it went to the kids.

I'm happy for Notch, though. Plus his twitter is pretty funny.
>>
File: 50cent minecraft.png (407 KB, 652x516) Image search: [Google]
50cent minecraft.png
407 KB, 652x516
>>344266924
>>
The game was very fun at the beginning. It had great potential but it's development went into a rapid downward spiral of mismanagement, misdirection and over complication.
The game should have remained focused on the survival aspect of things but instead they marketed it and sold it on the idea of a creative sandbox where you can build as you please and sold it to kiddies who then began to demand what they thought was the best direction for it. Notch left the project and the people at Mojang who took over, Jeb and Dinnerbone, fulfilled the wishes of the kiddies and made the game gradually get far too easy and honed in on the wrong elements. Quite a shame really that it spawned a whole genre of game that it used to be the front-runner for and ended up becoming one of the worst in that cesspool it generated
>>
This game, like many other sandboxes, is at its best when you don't know the mechanics and how everything works. When you do, there's no mystery, nothing really to discover. I think wikis for games like these should be just deleted.
>>
File: b vcx.jpg (42 KB, 756x513) Image search: [Google]
b vcx.jpg
42 KB, 756x513
>>344266924
If you avoid the fanbase.
And make it fun by using tons of mods.
Its pretty comfy and really fun with friends no matter what anyone says.
>>
>>344269284
>avoid the fanbase
>use mods
pick one
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.