[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all this awful dialogue >all this force romance >literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
>all this awful dialogue
>all this force romance
>literally every woman spreading her legs for him

It's a fucking black op and they have everyone giving fucking pep talks like it's the last play in the high school football playoffs

This game is completely over rated
>>
Twin Snakes might be more your speed
>>
So you're a faggot, huh?
>>
>>344259408
A faggot?
>>
MEEEEERYYYYYL
>>
>>344259527

Colonel whats a faggot doing here?
>>
>>344259570
Snake, that's David Hayter.
>>
>>344259408
go play it again

>he's a loose cannon
>the colonel has a secret
>his daughter is the damsel in distress
>this blonde bitch is asking questions about his relationship with her when they've met like an hour ago
>jap girl also wants in on the action

it's actually a pretty shit story when you boil it down
>>
>>344259758
David Hayter?
>>
>>344259829
I dont think you get MGS, shit like that is part of the charm. Its all completely ridiculous but played with a straight face.
>>
>>344259943
hrm, well ok
>>
>>344259829
Just wait until Nanomachines.
>>
File: DavidHayterMotionCapture.jpg (80 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
DavidHayterMotionCapture.jpg
80 KB, 600x800
>>344259859
Yes, Snake. An insane man, living in the past. He is very dangerous,
>>
>>344259943
COLNEL, WHAT EXACTLY IS GOING ON HERE
>>
>>344259053
It's intentional you tipsy. It's supposed to overdramatic and sensationalized. Just give up now if you're looking for real world characterizations in fucking MGS.
>>
>>344259943
>Only Pretending To Be Retarded Gear Solid: Tactical Stupidity Action
>>
>>344260167
Why don't you play Thi3f?
>>
>>344259943
>tfw people say this but hate on MGS4
>>
>>344259943
the first mgs was kinda cliche but 10/10 gameplay , mgs2 was a masterpiece in story and mgs3 had an excellent balance
>>
>>344260360
MGS2 story was buttfucking insane, 3 had better story and way better emotional impact.
>>
>>344260434
The only thing 3 really had was Ocelot and Volgin t b h

The Fury was cool though
>>
>>344259053
That's what makes it so great. Well, and the gameplay and the soundtrack.
>>
>>344260434
STOP.png
>>
>>344260058
Dangerous, huh?
>>
>>344259053
The romance was kinda shitty and Otacon ending makes way more sense but MGS1 is GOAT tier. It is a byproduct of the 90s but it does a splendid job and still holds up. Fuck you OP and your shit taste
>>
>>344259053
Why does it have to be exactly like real life? Do you just want another generic shitty stealth game?
>>
>>344260360
>look at me I'm regurgitating something someone else said in here. Am I cool yet? Can I hang out, guys?
>>
File: 1451662212456.png (830 KB, 1080x397) Image search: [Google]
1451662212456.png
830 KB, 1080x397
>>344260360
Also ended up liking Naked as a better protagonist. Solid is just too bitter and whiny. He got better in 2, though.
>>
>>344260746
Naked was too childish for me, I couldnt take him seriously as any kind of experience CIA operative who is just now realizing his government is crooked.

Solid Snake acted like someone who had actually seen some shit.

Old Snake is the best
>>
MGS1 had the best story, because it was relatively simple and borderline believable without too much supernatural or cuhrayzee shit.

MGS1 had the best bosses and characters overall, because the game spent a good amount of time building them up and disclosing their motivations, which weren't too complicated and the characters felt relatable to a degree. At the same time, the characters mostly weren't one dimensional and had several layers to them, like Liquid wishing revenge on Solid while at the same time fighting for the future of his genome soldier brothers or Wolf hiding her life-weariness and sociopathy under a mask of pseudo-feministic agenda.

MGS1 had the most emotional impact because you really felt kinda bad for all the characters on the opposite side, since they had solid motivations of doing what they were doing. I especially felt bad for Liquid, who ended up being the superior soldier to Solid, yet was still robbed of his victory by FOXDIE/Naomi. He went through and survived so much shit only to become a collateral casualty in Naomi's revenge plan against Solid. It was fucking sad.
>>
>>344260434
Depends on whether you like clever meta commentaries or schlocky spy movies.
>>
>>344261382
One thing I really liked about MGS1 was how much Snake interacted FOXHOUND and we actually could relate to them. None of the other games really take it to that level.
>>
>>344259053
>all this force romance
>literally every woman spreading her legs for him

You obviously don't like spy films.
>>
>>344260746
>Also ended up liking Naked as a better protagonist.
Fucking why? He has the personality of one of those cardboard boxes he hides in.
>Solid is just too bitter and whiny.
That's dumb, he jokes around with his buddies, hits on girls and manages to make japes on the face of certain doom. He actually has a character to speak of. Big Boss is just a reskin of snake without the personality.
>>
>>344261687
1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > PW > GZ >TPP
>>
>>344261980
1 = 2 but the rest is true

IMO MGS1 & 2 are basically one game
>>
>>344260829
This

Solid/Old Snake >>> all the other Faggy Snakes
>>
>>344261980
Dead Cell is a fucking joke compared to FOXHOUND, not to mention MGS2 is way more silly in presentation
Hardly the same game
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.