[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Evolve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: header (1).jpg (61 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header (1).jpg
61 KB, 460x215
Now that the dust has settled, is it worth the 20 GB of disk space?
>>
whats the catch
>>
>>344259041

there's none at the moment. but I'm sure they're going to implement microtransactions after the beta stage
>>
I'm enjoying it but so far everyone I've played with is pretty dumb. They need to make a tutorial for each class because everyone is playing like they are the assault class
>>
Played it for like 5 hours before going to sleep, game is pretty good now actually. A couple advices: don't play as monster without reading guides beforehand and focus on healing/shielding as a medic/support
>>
>>344255746
The core gameplay is still heavily flawed, so no.
>>
>>344259041
The game is shit.
>>
>>344255746
It's 19GB download, 33GB space
>>
>>344260507
They've modified it pretty heavily. Everyone has the dome now, the dome doesn't go down until the monster has lost a pre-defined % of health, your party is much stronger relative to the monster, etc
>>
Its free and its pretty good

Having fun desu
>>
File: 12359751.jpg (81 KB, 431x300) Image search: [Google]
12359751.jpg
81 KB, 431x300
>>344255746
>20 GB
wtf? 20 GB of WHAT? are there 100 maps, 20 different monster and a long single player campagne?
>>
>>344262293
Probably bloated audio files.
>>
>>344255746
It's fun and free but I only like playing the monster. that said who the fuck is good enough to buy? eldar kraken, wraith or gorgon?
>>
The game is unbalanced as fuck right now but "its a beta"
>>
>>344262780
Wraith is cheap, cheesy bullshit and usually gets a win
>>
I honestly hope this is successful and makes the transition on consoles as well cause I'm probably one of the very few people who liked the game but I'm playing on PS4 and it's dead as fuck to the point where I can't even find a group of hunters
>>
>>344255746
Well yeah if all the content is in the game and it can be earned in game, why not? Or do they still have some jewery shoved in there that can only be accessible through irl money?
>>
>>344261360
>the dome doesn't go down until the monster has lost a pre-defined % of health

Wait, what? Fucking shit, no wonder it seems like they're up forever. I was laughing while playing earlier because hunters keep doming me in shitty spots where I can just walk around in circles around something, but it felt like the dome was up for fucking ever. It makes sense now if it only goes down once the monster takes enough damage.
>>
>>344263291
not right now but you can bet your left buttock they will introduce some bullshit when the playerbase grows. in fact thats their goal with "hey guys, we f2p now, pls come we changed"
>>
>>344263123
Not since the rebalance.

They decided to go super casual instead of telling people to git gud, and solving the actual problems (like lack of gameplay variety) with the game.
>>
Which Medic should i buy?
Based Lazarus or Healing Burst Slim?
>>
>>344263453
Well obviously. There's no way for a game to sustain itself on being completely free. As it is now, the game is completely free to play without even options to pay money for anything.

They will absolutely include a cash shop to purchase boxes of keys in the future. It would be dumb not to.
>>
>>344255746
It's Valve free, so yes
>>
File: 20141504085344.jpg (74 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
20141504085344.jpg
74 KB, 610x343
>>344262293
It looks really pretty?
It is using the cry engine, crysis games take a lot of space for the little content it offers, and maybe attaching 130 bucks of dlc and the 2 season pass content to the original file might increase the size drastically.
>>
fuck me elder kraken is hard to play compared to other monsters
>>
>>344263572
Laz is the best
>>
>>344263572
Slim is a shitload of fun.
Laz is a low level pubstomper.
>>
File: 1409601985707.jpg (51 KB, 394x379) Image search: [Google]
1409601985707.jpg
51 KB, 394x379
Is it jsut me or is Behemoth not available? He's greyed out on my screen with no option to buy him or anything. I just legit cannot pick him.
>>
>>344264148
you need to get points for him. If you bought the game with season pass in the past he should be selectable.
>>
I'm not playing this game even for free
>>
>>344263735
Its one of the shittier CryEngine games I've seen honestly. At least I get a constant 160+ frames maxed out.
>>
>>344259041
it takes up 20gb of space
>>
>>344264217
Did not get the season pass though I do have the founders bonus.

I can't find him in the store to buy either so do I just hit a certain level or something? I admit I've very confused. Doesn't help that I'm fucking sleepy too.
>>
File: 1434697649777.gif (1 MB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
1434697649777.gif
1 MB, 512x288
>Had enough points to buy a hunter
>Kala looked the most out there, so got her
>Didn't pick up the grandma in a mech that punches monsters in the face

I've made a horrible mistake.
>>
>>344264317
Really makes you think, huh?
>>
>>344264132
>>344263968
Last time I played Evolve was when it was in open beta. Only Laz and Val existed. Is Laz still as good as back then?
>>
>>344264317
I have no idea why anyone would play Kala. She feels like ass.
>>
>>344264317
If it makes you feel better i heard grandma is not that good
>>
>>344255746
Oh hell yeah

This is the PvP game I wanted to play but didn't know exists (I only heard Evolve is dead so I don't bothered)

Now that I know what to do, the game is fun and has so many players, thanks to the F2P "upgrade".

You can either be the lone wolf or the team player.

Overwatch is dead for me. A F2P game with such a huge player pool and a great game play (IT IS LITERALLY LIKE ATTACK ON TITANS: DINOSAUR EDITION) is much better than a 60 $ (origins edition) Cash Shop game with casual bullshit.

The best thing: I can just play with friends and enjoy the game without shilling and can drop the game any time as soon as I have the feeling it goes down without sunk costs.

Shills are already in full panick mode in the Steam board of Evolve to name shame Evolve.
>>
>>344255746
Worth it for some quick fun for a few hours.
>>
>>344264148
>>344264217
he's disabled right now cause he's shit.
>>
>>344264650
Well that's no fun. He's so fun to play, hope they make him better or something while he's disabled.
>>
File: no sense.jpg (52 KB, 484x382) Image search: [Google]
no sense.jpg
52 KB, 484x382
>>344264457
what the fuck is this post
>>
>>344264457
Really makes you think, huh?
>>
>>344263293
Nah, the dome goes down when you down a hunter. I'm not sure if you have to down the trapper or just any one
>>
New mechanics are fucking awful.

All team members have the dome, which now lasts 5 minutes. The catch is, if ANY one hunter goes down, the dome loses about 4 minutes of it's up time. The dome also loses up time if the monster takes a certain amount of damage while inside.

It makes it much easier for the hunters to actually trap and do some damage to the monster, but at the same time it also makes it way easier for the monster to actually escape the dome, since it doesn't matter who you down.

The monster's armor system is also fucking borked.
You almost seem to gain and lose it at random now, I've started fights with full armor, then suddenly lost it all for no discernible reason, only for me to gain it again by attacking a guy.
You start the game with armor now, and if you're domed and you manage to stand still for 3-4 seconds you can start channeling to restore your armor.

Armor used to be a huge deal, a bar you would constantly be watching and always something to consider when engaging the hunters, now the fucking thing is just full all the time.

As far as I can tell, the game just seems a whole lot dumber. Dumbed down in every way.
>>
>>344265331
so the dome just forces a confrontation, kind of a good solution
>>
Is Lennox actually good? She sounds great, but I don't want to waste all this easy starter money on a shit character.
>>
>>344255746
I've had a great past three hours of playing.
Its not like dead by daylight or overwatch where you get frustrated because of various reasons.
It all feels extremely balanced and its satisfying even when you lose.

Honestly the only downside is when you stomp as monster, because once you hit stage three youre basically unstoppable. Pro tip you should ALWAYS be stealthy as the monster. Jump and crawl only, and if they dont have dome you can literally just hide in bush and half the time the tracker wont find you
>>
>>344264457
Really sad to see Blizzardshills go full shitposting in threads about other games.
>>
>>344264292
Of which 8GB are intros and videos explaining character abilities you will see once.
>>
>>344265591
Basically all you did was say "These mechanics changed and are dumb and i dont like them"

When the original mechanics caused the game to flop. I'd say theyre taking a step in the right direction.
>>
>>344265591
Only new mechanic I think I like is retooling Support class ability. The cloak was always pretty shit because monsters could track you anyway.

I'm okay with the Trapper class ability too because it really alleviates the "running around for 10 minutes without any idea where the monster is" that aggravated and put off new players. The games feel tighter and more focused now at least.
>>
>>344265591
About armor.
There's one support that can almost instantly remove your armor with her weapon as long as it has ammo, so for about 5 seconds.
>>
>>344264148
You need to play the monster tutorial and the hunter tutorial in order to unlock the greyed out characters.
>>344264410
I feel like isnt as great as he used to be. I think they lengthened the cool down on the glove and made the cloak last like 5 seconds.
>>
>>344265873
>I'm okay with the Trapper class ability too because it really alleviates the "running around for 10 minutes without any idea where the monster is"

This so much. Plus it only lasts like 6 seconds and has a 30~ second cool down. I've still been very successful playing a stealthy goliath
>>
>>344266137
Stealth definitely has a more active feel to it since you're alerted to them using the scanner. There are a lot of mindgames you can play with doubling back and juking that involve playing around the scanner's cooldown. Which is depth that didn't really exist before.
>>
I was a top 100 monster player on PC before I stopped playing a year ago. I can answer any tips if you guys wanna know how to win within four minutes garunteed :^)
>>
>>344266401
how do I wraith?
>>
>Fire and forget abduction spider mines
>Clone that does real damage and even explodes

Fuck the Gorgon. She's like the same shit as the Wraith.
>>
>>344266731
3 points in decoy and 1 abduct at the start, toss decoys at them when they get near and circle around the map. Try to get level two fast than dump all into super nova. Once you get nova just bum rush them with abduct spam, clones and nova and you will kill them. Instakill healers first.
>>
>>344266028

Wow thats fucking retarded, just when you think they couldn't fuck their balance up anymore than they already have
>>
>>344266401
What are basic/intermediate tips you can offer when playing any Monsters.
>>
>>344266401

So how do you avoid being spotted as a monster and hide since that planet scan garbage exists now?
>>
>>344266401
>I was a top 100 monster player on PC
Thats pretty easy when the average playerbase was 150
>>
>>344266857
To make up for it, she's fucking useless outside of it.
>>
>>344255746
>tfw to nervous to play a multiplayer match because i dont want to get shit on by oldfag teammates.
This is also why i cant get into MOBAs and RTSes
post steam IDs please
>>
>>344266793

Hahahaha, don't listen to this retard. Decoy used to be terrible, shit Wraiths would use it as a crutch. It's useful now, but it doesn't merit investing more than 1 point in it.

Warp is your bread and butter, at stage 1 put a point in every skill, they're all useful now.
At stage 2, go 3 in warp, 2 nova, 1 abduct and 1 decoy. At stage 3, you should have 3 in warp and nova, 2 in abduct, 1 in decoy. If an ability is off cooldown, use it.
As for perks, dump everything in move speed. EVERYTHING. If you max them all out you can get it to like 50% which is ludicrous, there was a time when that's what the speed perk used to do, but it was super broken so they patched it, but now it's un-patched so people buy their jewgolds.

Always focus the medic first, unless they have a Hank and he's good.
>>
>>344266923
It doesn't matter if you're spotted. You can stack movement speed buffs and just outrun everything.
>>344266880
Some basic stuff for now but. Always be scanning as much as possible. Only fight in spots that are good for you. Make sure the medic dies first. Kraken is the best monster in the game against bad players while Wraith is the best against good ones. Pouncing is broken and can be used to instakill lone survivors. Always be moving and eating. The game should end at level two most of the time one if you play correctly. And last but not least always make sure to keep an eye out for food buffs.
>>
>>344267065
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Peng_Senpai/

I'm shit too. Having fun though.
>>
>>344267271
I don't believe you understand why decoy is good, I advise three points because it can deal insane damage with nova and last longer.
>>
Why the fuck are there only like 4 maps? I never got to play the shanty town maps since I stopped playing before they were released, but now they're just gone?
>>
>>344264452
grandma is top tier if you don't suck dick
easily puts out the most dps if you can play her
I used to be in the top 10 global with her, haven't checked after the pathc
>>
>>344267065

http://steamcommunity.com/id/lusciousmanmeat/

don't be afraid to go solo though
>>
>>344255746
I love how the trailer is just the devs literally begging for people to play the game
>>
>>344263564
Nah, Wraith is still as good as before this update. Easy as sin to win with, especially with the new perk system that allows for super armour regen and increased runaway speed. Cooldowns on special attacks are generally so fast that you can just repeatedly queue them as well.
>>
>>344267045

Isn't she the one that can drop teleporters? That doesn't sound useless to me.
>>
How the fuck do I use the Mechanized Recharge? Does it completely reset all cooldowns or what?
>>
>>344265591
Dome losing time as monster is damaged is retarded because it lets the monster escape and get back all the armour because it comes back so fast now.
Time should decrease for damage to hunters and incaps.
The monster also gets really fast armour regen if they can hide for 3 seconds within the dome. Easily benefits wraith the most, making wraith more OP than ever before.
>>
>>344255746
maybe now this game wont just be good for Xeno fap fuel
>>
>>344267913
Yeah it resets cool downs in a radius like the heal burst.
>>
>>344267364

Do you know what does an even more insane amount of damage, a Wraith AND it's decoy, both affected by supernova wailing on you. I've insta-gibbed medics so many times it's not even funny anymore.
>>
>>344267924

Monster damage reducing the time is there to prevent good teams from killing the monster in 1 dome. Good teams would just be able to keep the dome up for it's full 5 minutes otherwise, which is more than enough time for even a mediocre team to kill the monster.
There was a time when getting domed at stage 1 meant gg. Now you WILL get domed at stage 1 if the team you're playing is competent.
>>
>>344267550
How many people were competing in the ranked of Evolve before it going f2p?

10?
>>
>>344268660
The monster shouldn't just be given free escapes though. At level 1 the monsters can still dish out some OK damage. The dome coming down should purely be based on monster damage tot he hunters rather than how it works now, that way it's up for the monster to force its way out rather than just wait to take a certain amount of damage.
Since the monster will definitely escape even level 1 encounters, it means that by level 2 the dome encounters vastly benefit the monster.
>>
>>344268402
Yes, I feel like the wraith only needs 2 levels to win, well most things do but the wraith probably the most. I feel like a level 1 kraken can win any given game though because of his vortex and lightning spam with reduced CD, It's a simple strategy but all you need to do is down one person and linger over their body until you can down the rest of their team.
>>
how do I escape as monster?
I manage (more or less) to avoid hunter, but once they come close or trap me in the dome I cant escape anymore and have them always some yards behind me
>>
>>344270286
If you down one then it cuts the dome time significantly.
Once you start taking health damage the dome will start to lose time as well.

If you can hide (not get hit) for 3 seconds in the dome then you will start to regen shield.
>>
>run around in circles: the game
>>
>>344267736
They're big glowy pylons that take like one hit to kill.
>>
The game can get pretty fun with two competent teams and almost a full round time of hide and seek and boss fights.
Too bad it's usually a quick stomp one way or the other.
>>
>>344270479
New tracker power seems to make that much less likely to occur.
>>
File: 1405162692453.jpg (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1405162692453.jpg
30 KB, 400x400
>Landing Cabot headshots
>>
Quick /v/, who's the most fun character in each category?
>>
File: tumblr_mhnmr60N801roytlvo1_500.jpg (16 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhnmr60N801roytlvo1_500.jpg
16 KB, 500x281
wait
They made Evolve F2P now?
>>
>>344270648
Parnell
Slim
Griffin
Hank
>>
>>344270696
the playerbase was so small, the devs knew them by name and sent them christmas cards
it was the only right decision
>>
>>344265331
No, the dome timer which is 5 minutes drops by 210 seconds when you down a hunter.
The timer drops by 60 seconds every 4% of HEALTH (not armor) damage dealt to the monster
>>
>>344267364
Decoy doesn't work with Nova anymore.
It has the animations but does no extra damage.
>>
I actually really like the concept of Evolve. I was incredibly disappointed when it turned out that the Publishers were going Maximum Overkike on the game. Definitely going to try it out if it's free though.
>>
>>344270948
Ah I had no clue, that's a shame. I'm still gonna stick with my build though since it's working fine so far.
>>
>>344270730
I was thinking about buying Griffin but Abe is pretty fun and free for the moment.
I guess I could get a medic since I don't like Caira much. I'm thinking VAL or Slim. The former looked pretty useful and I've yet to see the latter in a game.
>>
>>344270286

You have to kill someone, it doesn't matter who, but when you do that it takes roughly 4 minutes off the dome's 5 minute timer
>>
>>344271280

Slim is stupid good, but more difficult to play. Val was always garbo and still is as far as I can tell. In the limited experience I've had with Emet he seems decent.
The medic is usually the main target for the monster, with Val you always have a big glowy beam showing them your location, and she has very little self sustain, if any. Slim however has some self sustain, but only as long as he's shooting the monster (or in a pinich, wildlife). He's also so unbelievably fucking annoying the monster will ALWAYS have to focus you.
>>
>>344271729
Being annoying sounds good. I guess Slim it is.
>>
With the new Mech Recharge, Bucket's no longer completely shit.
>>
File: 1438416576587.jpg (42 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1438416576587.jpg
42 KB, 640x640
>>344261360
>tfw 100% winrate as a monster
>>
I bet that assblasted furry that was defendinf everything about Evolve at launch is happy hemll finally get to play with people now.
>>
>>344255746
there is no point to trapper once you find the monster.All you do is spam satellite reconnaissance,and once you get to the location your useless.

Stasis grenades are shit because all monster skills bypass the effect

I do not understand why people like abe he is lackluster.Mongolian>abe
>>
File: evolve-wraith-1.jpg (406 KB, 1080x1303) Image search: [Google]
evolve-wraith-1.jpg
406 KB, 1080x1303
How much do I need to spend to play as the best girl?
>>
>>344272673
All characters cost about 6500 in game dosh. Takes maybe 5 games to earn that much.
>>
>>344272673
>>
How do people even manage to suck so badly as assault?
You have to keep your mouse on a target the size of half the damn screen. How fucking hard can it be?
>>
>>344272724
At first. Then the level up boost dies out and your keyflow slows down to a trickle.
Wraith is something stupid like 9500 or so.
>>
>>344272673
How do they even plan to make money when everything is so cheap?
>>
>>344272724
you get 80 a win and 20 a lose what are you talking about

>>344272794
I do not know ,but trapper is useless once you find the beast. The issue are medic,and support once you face a beast. You can be the greatest assault ever,but if your support is shit you will not make it
>>
>>344272919
Oh, I could have sworn that I got about 1000. Maybe it was a challenge I did or something.
>>
Reminder to play Elder Kraken because it's S tier and they won't nerf it for some reason.
>>
>>344272887
>9500
>cheap
nigga after the first money bonus it's going to be hell farming those credits.
>>
>Tfw have all the monsters already, no interest in playing hunters
So what the fuck do I spend these points on, perks and skins?
>>
>>344273072
Why? It looks like a more colorful Kraken, what's difference?
>>
what are the best characters for each class?
>>
>>344273203
It's a lot more bursty, its Lightning Strike hits in like 1 second so it's near impossible to avoid. Only weakness is that it doesn't have a ranged normal attack.
>>
File: wraithashit.jpg (732 KB, 1616x884) Image search: [Google]
wraithashit.jpg
732 KB, 1616x884
Monsters rule, hunters drool.
>>
>>344273262
Guess I will buy one, pubs are beyond retarded so you can win with anything. Good training I guess.
>>
Is the huge monster from the trailers any good? It's like the only thing I wanted to play.
>>
>>344273353
Yeah holy shit people are so bad now, the little people that were still playing were god damned experts but now we're getting a new flood of newbies who suck aaaass.

>>344273354
Which one? They're all huge, but the biggest is Behemoth, who is decent just not my style.
>>
File: Kala_hunter.png (97 KB, 625x893) Image search: [Google]
Kala_hunter.png
97 KB, 625x893
is half monster girl good?
>>
>>344273354
Which one? They're all huge.
Behemoth is not currently available for unlock in the game because it's not balanced correctly or something. Fun to play but easy to beat from what I can tell.
>>
>>344273418
Less good than Cabot, Hank etc but better than Bucket. Everyone is better than Bucket.
>>
>>344273413
>>344273472
The biggest one. I remember seeing it in one of the previews hiding by pretending to be a boulder. Looked really neato.
>>
>>344273418
Worst hunter in the game.
>>
File: balls.gif (242 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
balls.gif
242 KB, 500x500
are the two krakens and the two goliath the same? because they have same skills and seems to do same damage, why aren't they just skins?
>>
>>344273507
Yeah that would be Behemoth, has a huge health bar but his weak spot is gigantic and you can shred his armor so fucking fast it's ridiculous.
>>
>>344273413
>play monster
>win 5 times in a row

>play support for a change of paint
>lost to stage 1

You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>344273507
Yeah, Behemoth. Not easy to win as currently. Also not currently unlockable until they balance it.
>>
>>344273541
Adaptations are different in damage numbers, speed etc.

Meteor Goliath does less impact damage but does damage on succesful hits over time with fire.

Elder Kraken is more of a get in your face and rape you version of the Kraken, it has no ranged normal attack while in the air and its attacks hit a lot faster but deal less damage in general I believe.
>>
>>344273481
Why is bucket bad?
>>
how are the reskinned characters compared to the originals? Is Rogue Val just as shitty as normal Val?
>>
>>344273607
Bucket is just fucking terrible because of his design. UAV isn't needed anymore because of the fucking compass and it only made it so Bucket players would stand still in one place doing fuck all but trying to track down the Monster with the UAV. His DPS is also pretty crud unless the Monster is getting hit by all sentries + rockets + damage amp.
>>
>>344255746

No. It wasn't then, it isn't now.
>>
>>344273618
Rogue Val is a shitty Val.
>>
>>344273604
which is best goliath in your oppinion?
>>
>>344273708
They're actually really well balanced between each other, it depends on your playstyle. Would you rather be a little slower and Hulk Smash or be a little faster, set people on fire all the time at the cost of a little less damage?
>>
>>344273762
I think most damage comes from skills, doesn't it?
>>
>>344273647

He literally doesn't have the UAV anymore.
>>
>>344273791
It does yes, if you're really good at hitting everything then regular Goliath outshines Meteor Goliath.
>>
>>344255746
No.

It's boring in every regard unless you get that 'right' game. But most of the time its a walking simulator. Also a VERY team-focused game. If you're hunters and you got someone on your time that's shit, prepare to have moba-rage. One retarded cog and the whole plane crashes.
>>
>>344272974
That's the fifth level bonus. Click on your steam name in the menu and you can see the reward list.
It's classic f2p, first you get a shower of credits and then it's 500 hours of grinding for a new toy.
>>
>>344273708
Meteor. Slightly better mobility and extra DoT more than make up for the small loss of straight damage. It's pretty much straight upgrade. You play them almost the same way.

The difference with krakens is bigger and you can't really compare them so easily. Both have their place.
>>
>>344272887
a lvl 3 perk upgrade alone costs like 3500, there's like... 100 perks, and all of them have 3 upgrade levels, and that's just the perks. There's weapon and character skins too, to unlock everything in the game without spending any real money would take a long time.
>>
>>344273846
Eh, Meteor is about as good as regular Goliath but Elder Kraken is a straight upgrade from regular Kraken.
>>
>another round of Evolve shilling

Fantastic, cause there clearly wasn't enough the first time around.

I'm sure with this new "its free (but not actually)" approach they'll manage to squeeze some more bucks out of people before that realization kicks in again.
>>
>>344273647
He doesnt have the UAV anymore, he has the ablity recharge now which is great, turrets are great for damage over time, and in addition has the shield burst.
>>
Maybe its time to dust of the ol' elite Rail Cannon again, fuck Cabot was the man.
>>
>>344273647

Haven't you read the patch notes? Bucket is viable again. His UAV has been replaced with an ability that refreshes class cooldowns for everyone within 30m, and the new support class ability means bucket actually has a shield now.

Hank is still the best and probably always will be, but Bucket is at least viable now.
>>
>>344265656
She's very fun
>>
>be lazarus because i like his design
>get targeted nonstop by ai monsters, even with other hunters beating it's arse raw
>happens with online player monsters too
damn
>>
>>344273853
perks actually get higher level just by using them and my leveling up your profile level.

You can just use silver keys to unlock the higher level perks faster
>>
So now you have to buy all the characters you had before when you bought the game/hunting season packs or do you still have everything you owned before?
>>
>>344273897
Elder kraken loses the pushback on vortex and doesn't have basic ranged attack in the air so you have to go down to earth and melee stuff. Also you can't set traps with banshee mines.

Elder deals very good damage on the ground yeah but it's also move vulnerable since you're closer and aren't just raining death from above. They're different.
>>
>>344274005
Laz is way fucking hard to play now since they nerfed him.
>>
>>344274131
I heard you got everything.
>>
>>344274050

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>344273818
so skills from regular goliad does more damage than meteor?

I usually just upgrade lvl 3 the rock trhow and kill them all at evolution 2
>>
>>344255746
Its a very fun game with friends just like Overwatch :)
>>
>>344261360
>the dome doesn't go down until the monster has lost a pre-defined % of health

That's fucking retarded.
>>
>>344274131

You have everything you bought before. Everything you don't have can be bought with keys.
>>
why does the map timer always reset?
waitung 3x 20s now and nothing happens
>>
>>344274258

It has a 5 minute timer now.
If you monster loses a % of health, the dome loses some time.
If the monster downs a hunter the dome loses about 4 minutes, if you down another it drops.
I believe it also loses time if the hunters take a lot of damage.

I didn't like it either at first, but to be honest it is a better system.
Having a shit trapper will no longer completely throw the game, and in addition it is no longer possible to end up in a situation where your trapper gets 1 or 2 early strikes and the monster becomes completely impossible to dome.
>>
I don't understand EMET.

His healing is in the form of healing buoys. Are they destructible? It never seems like I'm getting healed. If they're destructible, it would explain that. The only way to get healing is to place deployables that get accidentally destroyed all the time.
>>
File: 1467628076474.png (10 KB, 381x396) Image search: [Google]
1467628076474.png
10 KB, 381x396
>>344272673
>>
>>344274415
>but to be honest it is a better system.

>arbitrarily losing dome time

It's autistic nonsense anon.

>having a shit trapper will no longer throw the game

Well maybe you should play in games where you aren't playing with pubbites. Rather than simply make each and every character fucking play the same because casual fucktards would rather play with randoms, none of whom actually care to use mics.
>>
>>344274554
Hi. You are the reason the game died to begin with.

The game needed these overhauls cause it was not friendly to players who just picked it up and wanted to play.

The emphasis on perfect teamwork AND role fulfillment was WAY too high
>>
What's up with those damage multipliers under the monster's health? Sometimes it's 2.0 dmg, sometimes 3.6 and the damn thing just melts.
>>
>>344272673
Literally best thing to come out of this game
>>
>>344274696
headshots do 2X damage and some hunters can put damage amps or weakspots on the monster that further increase damage if hit
>>
Who is the hottest hunter?
I nominate Griffin.
>>
>>344274415
>>344274554
But can the Monster and/or the Hunters see how much time is left?
Cause that sounds a bit confusing
>>
>>344274757
That I get, but there seems to be some overall multiplier on all damage done and I've no idea what's the logic behind it. Not Val's weak spots or headshots.
>>
>>344274671
The game wasn't dead, retard. Games that are good tend to keep a small but dedicated fanbase, so you will find people playing it often enough to enjoy playing it consistently, and changes that make the game more simple and pathetic tend to get rid of this dedicated fanbase.
>>
File: 1466348387961.gif (253 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1466348387961.gif
253 KB, 400x400
So is the game good at all? I don't really want to download 30gb just to uninstall later.
Most importantly, are the shooting mechanics fun and satisfying?
>>
>>344274931
>The game wasn't dead
>>
>>344274458
I just recently played emet and he is pretty good actually. The buoys are destructible but you can set them off in the air and your heal burst like a 3 second recharge.
>>
>>344274931
desu there weren't many changes.
i loved the feeling of hunting and being hunted, i dislike the fact they wanted to make games shorter A LOT, which was done mainly by the Dome changes.

This being said, it's still the same game with a few differences, nothing to get your jimmies rustled for;
>>
>>344274992
Everybody had a fuckton bajillion health before the update, and apparently they are even increasing them.

So no.
>>
I still have to understand what those crates you get from challanges drop
>>
>>344275072
>it's still the same game with a few differences

Sometimes a few differences change the entire thing anon. A few differences in our atmosphere for example can bring about the extinction of the human race.
>>
>>344275102
>Everybody had a fuckton bajillion health
what? you mean the monsters? 'cause those things are supposed to be actually hard to kill, nigger.

the hunters get fucked in like 5 strikes from the monster.
>>
>>344273917
>everything I disagree with is shilling

see a doctor
>>
>>344275175
>the hunters get fucked in like 5 strikes
>it takes a gigantic fuckhuge demon monstrosity 5 hits to kill anybody

A fuckton gajillion health anon.
>>
Are there Aus servers? And if there are, are they dead?
>>
does all the shit stay after beta?
>>
>>344263735
>Crysis games

Don't you dare group Crysis 1 with the rest, pleb.
>>
Just played in a game where our Hyde didn't know how to dash with his jetpack and literally used his minigun the entire game. He would stand back on a ledge with his minigun the entire time.

Troll or just shit? He was level 1.
>>
>>344255746
fuck all you assholes who shat all over this game for the past year.

I just tried it and it's fun as balls.
>>
Why does Bucket missile launcher do like 40 dmg per hit? You think a weapon that fires fucking missiles would do more.
>>
File: she succ me.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
she succ me.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
I REALLY want them to implement a Monster VS Monster mode, shit would be fun as fuck.

>>344275150
Alright, "just a few differences that don't impact the overall feel and flow of the game much" then.

Honestly, I don't see any reason to dislike what they're trying to do with this update.

Going F2P was the only option they had, since this was a great game who got fucked by the company's greed with all those DLC and overpriced stuff.

They're giving people who bought the game free stuff, you can unlock everything without paying, and there are gonna be a lot more players now that it's free.

All of this is a small shift from hyper-specific team roles with 20m games to slightly more spread out roles in 12m games.

Seems like a good deal to me.

>>344275258
This game would be literally unplayable if the Monster could kill Hunters in 2 hits. He can already pounce and assrape a lone Hunter, which means he has 100% win chances in a 1v1 with a Hunter.

Also if you actually hit your abilities you'll find out you can kill hunters in like 1 ability + 1 attack.
>>
I knew EVOLVE was a lost cause when the Devs went all sjw talking about how they made sure that their female character design wasnt "sexist" and how problematic jiggle physics for breasts are

and that was a week before release. Seems like most people weren´t sold on the idea of playing a game made by sjws neither
>>
>>344275375
>troll
>or just shit

You underestimate just how bad people playing F2P games can be anon.

>>344275491
>game is good because it's free

lol
>>
They made lvl 1 monster far too strong
>>
>>344275551
>game is good because it's free
it's the same game, you shit stain.
it was good before and it's still good now.
>>
>>344275601
this. the game was fine, the problem was that they tried to jew the players a bit too much
>>
>>344275585
>tfw 100% win as goliath

ayy lmao
>>
reminder to direct your DLC hatred at 2K and not TRS.

TRS couldn't even make it free 2 play until about a month or two ago because they were still under contract from 2K and their hands were tied on the business model until they could re-negotiate.

Expect battleborn to be the next full price game turned free 2 play because of 2Ks shitty decisions.
>lets release battleborn the same time as overwatch, what could go wrong.
>>
Is Wraith still good or did she get fucked over by the new changes?
>>
Should I uninstall Titanfall and install this instead? Titanfall is good but it's pretty much dead at this point.
>>
t b h if they won't go full jew this game has potential to be breddy gud as f2p
>>
>>344275491
>I REALLY want them to implement a Monster VS Monster mode, shit would be fun as fuck.

Please no. Kraken vs. Anything else would be a fucking nightmare.
>>
let me get this straight.
if i want to play with friends i have to queue up as hunters right?
do i have to hope for some lonely fuck to queue up as monster?
even if i was a solo Q dude, i would either play a different game or still want to play as hunter.
being the monster doesn't seem, fun at all.
the whole 4v1 thing is so stupid, if the monster had a buddy then the game would be way more enjoyable i think.
>>
>>344275901
same
whats your skill choice?
>>
>>344276148
I love playing the monster but yeah, going against a team of 4 coordinated Hunters is pain.

However, the Monster has all the tools to come out on top if he plays his cards right, it just gets harder if the Hunters actually cooperate and don't go full CoD on his ass without thinking about where are their buddies and what they're doing.

The best experience is a group of 5 friends going 4 hunters + 1 monster. Shit is hilarious, I hadn't had that much fun playing videogames in ages.
>>
>>344276148
I had a bugged 4v2 once, I was a baby goliath and the other guy was a kraken, was completely overpowered even though I didn't have any abilities.
>>
>>344276310
well they would have to rebalance shit, but the idea of playing alone against a team doesn't sound appealing.
it's like against human nature
>>344276289
i can see it being fun with friends, but that's neither Esport nor does it really work F2P and i can see it getting stale real fast.
>>
>>344276432
>>344276310
What about a 2v8 mode? That would be pretty neato.
>>
>>344276472
4 vs 16 or bust.
>>
>>344276558
>not 8 vs 32

What are you? A casual?
>>
>goliath can just spam flamethrower to win
nice game
>>
File: evolve_charts.png (210 KB, 899x491) Image search: [Google]
evolve_charts.png
210 KB, 899x491
kek even at release the game had less players than now.
>>
>>344276609
>he doesnt want 32 vs 128
>>
>>344276646
I want 128 vs 512
>>
>game goes f2p
>every destitute teenager on /v/ wants to play now, no matter how shit it is

Like clockwork.
>>
>>344276681
Project Reality style squad coordination but you fight godzilla-sized monsters.
>>
>>344276739
why would you not try out something that's gone free after being expensive before.
>>
>>344276739
Funny thing is that the game was never bad, I played it during the beta and it was alright, what scared most people and eventually killed the game was the shitstorm over the DLC and the terrible approach the devs had on it. Now that it's free to play and most content can be earned in game the game is much better.
>>
>>344276739
Gameplay wasn't ever shit. The price gouging for everything made people stay away.
>>
are p2w characters free too?
>>
It is pretty much impossible to win as hunters now
>>
>>344274931
>The game wasn't dead, retard.
>200 players 24h peak
>not dead
>>
>>344276874
Absolutely everything is free besides cosmetics.
>>
>>344276828
Beta was 80% of the game.
Everyone played it, and then saw nothing new was added on release (except cosmetic items and shitty game mode modifications no one ever played), and most skipped it.
It was fun but how long can you play the same maps?
>>
File: bugsbugsbugs.jpg (248 KB, 1844x839) Image search: [Google]
bugsbugsbugs.jpg
248 KB, 1844x839
Sure is fine laser cutting as Caira
>>
File: 1342382742202.gif (909 KB, 400x361) Image search: [Google]
1342382742202.gif
909 KB, 400x361
>>344255746
>we can't make the game good
>so let's make it free
>>
>>344277037
It's been a while since I last played Evolve, but I'm pretty sure Hank has a Laser Cutter as his primary weapon, not Caira.
>>
>>344277037
>>344277091
Played most of the match as Hank, medic left and you switched finishing as Caira?
>>
What are some non-monster characters me and my friends can play at a reasonably efficient level as newcomers?
>>
>>344277178
Nah, played as Caira from start to finish. Apparently the game end screen decided I was Hank all along.
>>
>>344276739
game wasn't shit, the fun-to-money-ratio was just extrem retarded
since its f2p there is nothing wrong with it
>>
Fun support that isn't Hank?
>>
>>344277186
Val/Caira, any assault, Hank/Cabbot, Maggie/Crow/Abe
>>
File: dis bitch.png (250 KB, 1050x944) Image search: [Google]
dis bitch.png
250 KB, 1050x944
I only played evolve during the beta, had about 10 hours on it but never bought it because I didn't think it was worth 60 bucks. Even happier I didn't once I saw all the DLC. I actually really liked the game though, thought it was fun. BUT NOW THIS BITCH. HO MY GOD. THIS BITCH IS FUN AS FUCK HOLY SHIT SWINGING AROUND LIKE SPIDER-MAN NEVER TOUCHING THE GROUND LAYING TRAPS AND AMBUSHES POISONING AND SLOWING GOD DAMN. NOT A SINGLE LOSS YET
>>
>>344277282

Sunny is fun. Bucket is actually viable now with a coordinated team on comms so you can sync your cooldowns. Hank is still probably the best though.
>>
>>344277282
I thought Cobot was alright. His primary sucked, but I got a kick from debuffing monsters.

I thought Sunny was alright too, but her automatic shielding can be dodgy, and people don't always realize when your boosting their jetbacks.

I can't speak for Bucket. He was also alright, but I haven't play Evolve in a long time, and apparently he was reworked drastically in Stage 2.
>>
what's the F2P model? Characters and monsters locked behind good-boy-points you earn by playing?
>>
>>344277241
>not a shit game
>paying 2 dollars for a blue gun
>everyone played hunt
> quasi cut-scenes to make it appear that there is story-line
>ignoring that if one you teammates is shit your gonna have a bad time
>ignoring repetitive game play
>everyone played on mode called hunt
>>
what happened to all the sounds
the dropship intro sounds so dead silent now
>>
>>344277426
Bingo
>>
>>344277453
I respect your opinion and the fact I will never see you in the game
dont you have some FFXV threads to spam?
>>
>No lockers for tier 4 and up hunters

Unfortunate, my man. I enjoy all of the characters' goofy interactions.
>>
>>344277586
nice try fag but i hate turned base gameplay,so i stayed away from FF after finishing seven
>>
so what exactly are the crate things you get from challenges? At least I'm guessing they are crates but there's not way to open them and they don't tell me anything.
>>
why are there two hanks
what the fuck
>>
>>344277623
Who knows? Maybe they'll actually go through the effort of bringing back the original VAs to come and have some quips with the new guys.

Doesn't seem likely though. I've already spotted some generic lines for monsters released later, so yeah.
>>
>>344277714
It's just a bunch of money. I got 250 out of the last one I finished.
>>
something is off
>>
>>344277729
there are also two vals,and Russian guy
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.