[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Even though fallout 3 is garbage. We can at least agree that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Fallout 3 dlc.jpg (353 KB, 2554x722) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 3 dlc.jpg
353 KB, 2554x722
Even though fallout 3 is garbage. We can at least agree that point lookout and the pitt were pretty good.
>>
>>344224442
I refuse to be memed into changing my good thoughts of fallout 3
>>
>>344226176
Don't worry, we were all 16 once.
>>
>>344226732
Don't worry, after junior year wee grow out of the contrarian cynic phase.
>>
>>344224442
The Pitt is worth it solely for the sequence where you waddle your way through a firefight being shot at by 30 guys while carrying a very non-bulletproof baby.

As for Point Lookout, I don't remember anything particularly plesant about it. Swamps in vidya are never fun.
>>
>>344226892
Fallout 3 is accepted as terrible by everyone except normalfriends and children on YouTube comments. It's actually contrarian to like it.
>>
>>344224442
I like the atmosphere of the pitt, but that's about it.
>>
They were both better than Far Harbor that's for damn sure.

Pitt did gray morality better.
Point Lookout did spooky backwoods better.

Fucking Far Harbor giant land mass of fucking nothing.
>>
the pitt was shit and point lookout was full of damage sponge enemies
>>
The Pitt has good atmosphere but it was way too short. Point Lookout was fantastic though. That shit was cozy as fuck. I don't like the base game but I loved PL.
>>
>>344227146
No its plebeian to like it and contrarian to like new Vegas unless you're on 4chan
>>
File: Untitled.png (629 KB, 851x442) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
629 KB, 851x442
>>344227527
>full of damage sponge enemies
>I played on console
>>
>>344227146
>higher metascore and sales than shit vegas
>accepted as terrible by everyone except normalfriends and children on YouTube comments.

Nice delusion hipster obsidiot
>>
Unpopular opinion incoming
>Fallout 3 was good
>>
3 and New Vegas were both shit. The improvements that were done in NV aren't enough to make a shit game into a good one.
>>
>>344224442
Point Lookout was okay, Pitt was too fucking short/small/linear.
>>
>>344224442
remember when DLCs were unplayable at launch on PC? I had to download GECK, learn how to use it, and fix the problems myself. they couldn't release a patch because of the console. they wanted to release the patch on 3 platforms at the same time. it was worth the effort though. they were better than the base game, except for the simulator and the space DLCs.
>>
>>344224442
Point lookout was gr8. The pit not so much
>>
>>344229037
oh and broken steel fucks up everything. those fucking albino scorpions kill literally everything. they kill the caravans, everyone in the towns. bethesda fucking sucks at game balance.
>>
>Point Lookout
>Magical rednecks that have shotguns that pierce power armor like paper because Beth is fucking horrible at balance

Nah
>>
>>344228751
Thats arguable, however you have to admit. They managed to put a whole of effort in a year than fallout 3 did in 4 years or so
>>
File: 1467627846418.jpg (165 KB, 566x848) Image search: [Google]
1467627846418.jpg
165 KB, 566x848
>>344227868
Bethesda can do no wrong, they don't get rated down for bugs. Braindead reviewers are no better than the /r/gaming masses and love to go along with their soulless themepark rides.

FO3 being rated so highly will be regarded one of the greatest mysteries of our time 100 years from now; people look back and question what was wrong with our culture. I hope you're happy.

Meanwhile, one of the best games of all time comes out (fact, can't be disputed), but it's put down for being no more buggy than what Bethesda had, and continue, to put out unimpeded. Funny that Obsidian had a lot less dev time, and were rushed to put the game out by Beth themselves.
>>
>>344229446
Hell, Bethesda gets praised for bugs now.

"Beyond the aforementioned disappointments, plainly framed scenes and basic animations lend a roughness to the finish product, as do its frequent glitches. Lines of spoken dialogue will sometimes stop mid sentence, forcing you to turn on subtitles as a precautionary measure. Characters walk through objects now and then, or stand in thin air. It's nostalgic in that sense because these qualities recall the quirks of other great Bethesda RPGs, such as The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and Fallout 3. Fallout 4 may cause you to recall the past on occasion, but given its timeless story and many wonderful new experiences, this is hardly a problem."

Having a buggy fucking game is now a positive because it causes you to remember Beth's previous buggy shitty games and that nostalgia is apparently a positive.

Also "timeless story" and Fallout 4 in the same sentence is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>344226892
>Contrarian.
Let's look at things objectively then.
Fallout 3 graphics and world.
>Bland, cut and paste environments with graphics that came out looking dated.
>Horrible looking models that are poorly animated.
>Green filter.
>Badly modeled weapons and armor.
Fallout 3 writing.
>Abysmally written, poorly paced story.
>Hamfisted, nonsensical NPCs that lack all manner of depth. They are wacky, good and evil simply for the sake of it.
>Fallout lore raped package.
>Unsatisfying conclusion to main story.
Fallout 3 gameplay
>Clunky feeling weapons,
>Poorly balanced enemies running on some of the worst AI in a video game to date. >Bulletspoonge enemies used to enhance 'difficulty'.
>Meaningless karma system.
>Awful adaptation of the SPECIAL system.
>Overly streamlined speech system that encourages save scumming.
This has nothing to do with being contrarian. Fallout 3 is bad, your taste is shit and your post is probably b8, I don't know why I responded to it in the first place.
>>
WHY IS BOSTON FULL OF ORCS
>>
>>344224442
The Pitt is only good DLC and the only good part of FO3 in its entirety.
Point Lookout is generic muh lovecraft bullshit.

FoNV was alright, Old World Blues is best DLC in Fallout Series.

Fo$$$$ was exactly that - a cashin - Far Harbor is better than the main story, just pirate the game, play through the pirated Far Harbor DLC then you're done.
>>
>>344230523
>Fo$$$$
would say the same for fallout 3 with the pitt
>>
>>344230012
Moira is one of the only well written NPCs.
And they didn't even include her in FO4...

Madison Li though, fuck we'll give her a hundred parts even though her character boils down to 'smug bitch'
Even Sarah Lyons had more character than Li, alas she was killed offscreen between the games.

Basically Bethesda decided only to carry over the very worst written characters: Li, McGreedy, Snot nosed Maxson, etc
>>
fallout 3 and new vegas are both good games you fucking niggers. I even had more fun playing 3 because I hate the wild wild west and deserts and shit
>>
>>344231253
hope you have fun then I guess
>>
>>344230743
FO3 and beyond are all about $$$$
Bethesda has never actually cared about Fallout, only that sweet, sweet cash.

FoNV tried, but it's half the game it should have been - largely because Bethesda wanted to ship NOWNOWNOW, even though Obsidian wanted to delay the game so it wold be finished.
Keep in mind Obsidian was just getting a contract payment, so a delay wouldn't have given them extra money/cost Bethesda extra money - only the released date would slip, but Bethesda wanted their money now, expecially knowing that if the game was released early it would never exceed 85 on metacritic and the bonus payment to Obisidan would never had to be paid...

Things left out:
> The whole other half of the map east of the Colarado, we were supposed to see more legion camps and on the edge the border of a legion city - complete with law and order - it was supposed to show that the legion in all the horror were actually providing a stable society, not the same as the one NCR provides, but a safe society nonetheless.
Ulysses was supposed to be a Legion-oriented companion, not a final DLC boss
The Divide wasn't supposed to be blown up before the DLC, that was supposed to happen DURING the DLC (ie. the start of the DLC would have been you delivering the package that would set off the nukes)
There was supposed to be more endgame content after the battle for hoover dam
The strip was supposed to extend further, have a gate out to the freeway and be part of the overworld cell, not a series of seperate cells.
Freeside too was supposed to be part of the overworld cell, but was constrained first to its own cell then later to several linked cells as the PS3 couldn't handle the memory load.

FoNV could have been perfect, but instead, it's just - alright.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.