[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a card game ruined by an uncounterable mechanic episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: le abyss.gif (321 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
le abyss.gif
321 KB, 260x260
>It's a card game ruined by an uncounterable mechanic episode
>>
>>344215910
>wah bbs is too strong!

:^)
>>
>>344216027
pls point out the neutral cards that can remove creep and then maybe I'll believe you.

There is bound to be right? I mean, they wouldn't place an easily usable spell that can stack 4 of them as well as an ability that generates them after killing monsters with, of which dozens of abilities guaranteed a creep per turn?
>>
>>344216027

I mean, they also wouldn't include a monster that can gain 2+ attack and health for every creep, of which you're guaranteed 4 by at least your third turn, if not more, that can reach an incredibly high number by mid game at the cost of nothing.

Clearly they wouldn't do this, that would just be out right broken :^)
>>
>>344216790
>>344217402
Just run light benders and emerald rejuvs

:^)
>>
>>344218024
>search
>nothing
Are we talking about the same game here?

I should also add
>Entire game full of Magmar, Abyss and Vanar
>Rarely ever Vertruvian, Songhai or Lyonar
>blatantly obvious that their mechanics are severely underpowered compared to other factions

Did it occur to the devs that the dervish mechanic doesn't work if most factions have an incredibly easy way of stopping them? What is one 2/2 per turn from a minion that can easily one shotted or dispelled compared to the insane power stacking or minion spawning of abyss or Magmar?
>>
>>344218992
Light bender and emerald rejuvenator are rares.

There is still an expansion coming by the end of the year so everything that seems weak now is probably being balanced to that.
>>
>>344218992
>>344215910
kek

>search nothing
What is that suppose to mean?
Light bender and emerald rejuvenator are neutral duelyst cards. But there are plenty other ways of removing shadowcreep.

>which dozens of abilities guaranteed a creep per turn?
Literally just class ability. No other creatures generate nova that are powerful enough to be viable.
But whatever, you're suppose to kill him before they can reach nova levels. And even they position correctly.

>Did it occur to the devs that the dervish mechanic doesn't work if most factions have an incredibly easy way of stopping them? What is one 2/2 per turn from a minion that can easily one shotted or dispelled compared to the insane power stacking or minion spawning of abyss or Magmar?
Ay lmao.
You clearly know shit about this game so its pointless to continue. Maybe you should play more of it first or try to think.
>>
>>344220385

Then explain why three entire factions of this game are completely non-present?

>>344220385

>which dozens abilities guaranteed a creep a turn

That wasn't an individual question, I was being sarcastic. My point was that it's so easy, so very easy to control the damage so that you're guaranteed a creep per turn.

>You clearly don't know shit

You're right, I'm completely new to it, however judging by the top tier decklists for the faction I play, there is no countering what is essentially a meta of abyss and magmar, at least if I'm playing dervish aggro.

Perhaps some of the fem Truv decks involving artifact punishment would but a stop to magmar faggotry, but clearly anything involving dervish gameplay is useless.
>>
>>344220217

I see them now, but when I searched them nothing came up at first.
>>
>>344222078
>Then explain why three entire factions of this game are completely non-present?

Because you're still in silver
>>
>>344225621

It's the beginning of the month though.
>>
>>344225985
And?
>>
>>344228167

If those factions were in gold then I'd encounter them scaling to the top, While I have found Truvs, Lyons and even rarer Songhai they were easy and not what I'd assume to be top tier.
>>
>>344215910
The game was fun for a bit until you realize how shallow it is. There is just not enough tactics to it. Every game feels samey.
>>
>>344228994

That's really almost every card game with a "faction".

You know what to expect, even with the addition of neutral monsters that form synergy, like the meme-robots.

The Might and Magic card game suffers from the same shit.

I think Infinity Wars does too.
>>
>>344229405
The real thin that did it was the fact EVERYTHING either doesn't move or can only move two tiles. That coupled with their "fast game play" mentality means board states are one of two modes. Nothing or someone already won. There is no building up. Shit hits the field then dies until someone does their blow out and gets their wincon.
>>
>>344229806

Fast gameplay only really applies to shit like Vanar and Creep Abyss, because they try to get their shit out as fast as possible.

Everything else really has more of a build up, even Magmar.

But it's their fault really for making it hard to counter those speedy kills and letting the more defensive gameplay falter.

tbqh, they just need a major nerf or give more factions some means to fuck up their speed.

Fucking Truvs need more dervish type monsters and a way to make oblesks immune to spells.
>>
>>344230761
No I mean they literally stated they dont want a lot of monsters on the field and the life expectancy of all non wincons should only be 1 to 2 turns. That if a monster lasts for more than 1 or 2 turns you built your deck wrong because you should have an answer to it. Thats why I quit the game. After reading what they want the game to be It wasn't a game I wanted to play.
>>
>>344231150
They certainly have a lot of monsters that contradict that notion, but I guess if they think creep is balanced I see your point.
>>
>>344231592
It could have changed. I quit back in February. Before they got rid of Magmars 2 mana 2 damage dispel spell. I think they gave it to Vanar or who ever the snow bitches are which they sourly needed something to give them a boost but it ruined Magmars staying power.
>>
File: 200px-Emrakul.jpg (35 KB, 200x270) Image search: [Google]
200px-Emrakul.jpg
35 KB, 200x270
>>344215910

What's going on in this thread.
>>
>>344233165
Naw that's a case of "Card game ruined because they put story first and force the mechanics to cater to the story."

They seriously need to stop with the top down shit.
>>
>>344233459

I don't want to live in a world where Magic isn't "See who can get Emrakul out first" The Card Game .
>>
>>344233459

Magic the Gathering has a story?
>>
>>344235362
Thats the worst part. They force shit like the Jacetice league and its not even good.
>>
>>344235693

So what is it? "le Cthulhu can't be beaten :^)"?
>>
>>344232963
Magmar did not need instant dispel since they have strong minions.
>>
>game that had good potential but the devs killed it
>>
>>344237769

What ruined it for you?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.