[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RDR vs MGSV which is better ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 1O7qJdk.jpg (442 KB, 881x1337) Image search: [Google]
1O7qJdk.jpg
442 KB, 881x1337
RDR vs MGSV
which is better ?
>>
RDR, no contest.

I say this as an MGS fan.
>>
>>344210727
this

MGSV is an inconsistent mess
>>
MGSV can be played at framerates above 20fps, so that one.
>>
Massive MGS fan, and I think RDR was a much more complete game and had a better overworld.

I still like MGSV and had a lot of fun, but RDR was the superior game.
>>
>>344210828
Actually no. It's the most consistent and monotonous trash in the entire MGS series.
>>
MGSV had way better gameplay. RDR had a way better story and ending (it had a great ending, but almost anything is better than MGSV which has no ending)
>>
>>344209928
is there any way to play as zombie marston in the regular mode?
>>
>>344209928
MGS5, there is no other option. Like, literally no other option exept MGS5.
...i play on pc. M-master race...r-right guys?
I WANT READ DEAD NOW, FUCK YOU ROCKSTAR. ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR!!!!!11
>>
Not really comparable.

MGSV was "open world" but the missions were the real meat of it and confined you into specific areas, yet gave you pretty much absolute freedom in how you complete them.

RDR had pretty rigid, run-of-the-mill missions but a superior open world that felt alive.
>>
MGS has better
>gameplay
>graphics/fps

RDR has better
>story
>characters
>pacing
>music
>environments
>everything else
>>
File: 1381685976565.gif (983 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1381685976565.gif
983 KB, 500x281
Tough to say honestly.

RDR really did define its gen. The quests and sidequests are mostly really well done and memorable, even if they suffered from that whole 'open world, linear missions' crap, and it manages the western aesthetic wonderfully. It's also one of a tiny handful of open world games where the world actually felt fully fleshed out and there was a minimal amount of bloat. The shooting was also really good. Great story and really cool characters, especially for a western (developed, not setting) game. I really enjoyed the MP Free Roam stuff and co-op. Competitive MP was totally useless and unfun (the shootouts at the very beginning of each round were neato though)

On the other hand I do like MGSV's controls more (it's amazing how great this game controls both with KBM and controllers), it handled the concept of open world stealth about as well as I can imagine a game doing, and the openness of most missions was a really welcome breath of fresh air for an open world game. I dig its overall aesthetic just a bit more (late-20th century mercenary shenanigans are a criminally underused setting) The shooting was decent enough (even though it sucks that the game gives you so many neat guns and basically punishes you for using them) It may have the weakest story of all the MGS games (except maybe PO) but a weak MGS story is superior to 99.9% of video game stories so it's not as big a deal. I feel like they could have saved a lot of development resources by scrapping the incessantly repetitive FOB stuff. Competitive MP, again, is useless.

I'm going to go with RDR, mostly because it actually got finished.

Also, Take Two and Konami are equally cancerous.
>>
MGSV had better pure gameplay for sure. It had some of the best movement and controls I've ever seen, but it's story was garbage.
>>
File: image_7.jpg (248 KB, 978x972) Image search: [Google]
image_7.jpg
248 KB, 978x972
REDDEADONPCNEVEREVER
>>
>Overrated Ranch Hand Simulator vs One of the best open-world action games of all time
>>
One thing is certain: both are way better, both in terms of story and gameplay, than basically any other open world adventure game out there (except maybe TW3, at least story wise)
>>
>a western "GTA clone" that ended up surprising everyone's already high positively and ending up in GOAT lists
>a sequel that has admittably great gameplay, but sacrificed practically everything that made MGS a loved series

Hmm, I wonder...
>>
>>344216063
>what is GTA5
>>
>>344215730
>ranch simulator
>literally like 5 ranch type missions out of like 90 main missions
That being said I got bored as fuck on my second play through of RDR and then rushed my second of undead nightmare because of that, but it's still better then MGSV
>>
>>344216190
>what is GTA5

trash?
>>
>>344216253
>literally like 5 ranch type missions out of like 90 main missions

They probably should have spaced that shit out better then, since my first 4 hours with that game made me decide I never wanted to play it again.
>>
>>344214442
Just reminded me, man.. V doesn't even have good music apart from the tapes. Like, what the hell was happening with Kojima and his team?

I'd say RDR , and i have not even played it
>>
>>344216537
Those first couple missions at bonnies are ranchy but after that it's all action, until like the last half of the game when a few more ranch missions show up near the end
>>
>>344216190
Objectively worse than both MGSV and RDR, that's what it is.
>>
>>344216284
>the second highest rated game of last gen after gta 4 and the most sold console game is trash
woah don't cut yourself on that edge friendo :^).
>>
>>344216907
Not even being edgy. I played through that game and hated every second of it. I remember two parts of GTAV: That shitty forklift mission that felt like it took an hour to complete, and trying to jump Trevor's bike onto a train over and over and over again. Fuck that fucking game, holy shit.
>>
>>344217275
that's a nice opinion m8 doesn't make it shitty for everyone else, also you're a retard for playing a game you hated every second of
>>
>>344216537
it's meant to ease you in to the game as opposed to going balls out from the getgo
have some patience
>>
>>344218019
>"that's just your opinion though!!!!!"

fuck off.
>>
>>344209928
is this one of those baits I keep hearing about? because this is really bad
RDR obviously
>>
File: Download.png (184 KB, 734x358) Image search: [Google]
Download.png
184 KB, 734x358
>>344218247
It IS your opinion and a shitty one at that
>>
>>344216190
Worse story than either? Worse free roam AND competitive than RDR? Bloated nonsensical open world where half the map is useless ocean and 75% of the other half is emptiness?

GTAV sucks.
>>
>>344219074
If GTA V's map was nothing but a bigger Los Santos the game would have been better for it.
>>
>>344212467
nah
>>
>>344218797
Grand Theft Auto V isn't a good game.
>>
RDR
>tell the damn nag to work
>it doesn't

MGSV
>tell the damn nag to work
>it does

RDR is literally broken and unplayable, of course MGSV was better.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.