[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The prince is being chased by the Dahaka because he was meant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: warrior within.png (199 KB, 256x363) Image search: [Google]
warrior within.png
199 KB, 256x363
>The prince is being chased by the Dahaka because he was meant to die in Azad during the events of the sands of time
>He cheated death, now the dahaka has to fix that mistake
>Explicitly stated thats the reason why the dahaka is hunting him, and when he "fixes" the timeline, the dahaka no longer hunts him.
>Travel back in time
>fight kaileena
>her death creates the sands
>So he still didnt fixed anything and he is still being hunted
>BUT WAIT
>If the dahaka is hunting him because he was meant to die in Azad, then how the fuck did it turned out that the prince created the sands?
>So from the beginning, he was NOT meant to die in azad, he was meant to survive, travel to the island of time and create the sands by killing kaileena
>So theres no reason for the dahaka to even hunt him.

Why do games even bother with time travel plots?
>>
YOU BITCH!!
>>
>Prince was not meant to die in Azad
>Dahaka doesn't hunt him
>No reason to go to the island of time
>No reason to kill Kaileena
>Sands are never created
>PoP:SoT couldn't have happened
>>
>>344202881

>The whole sandwraith thing
>prince side: The sandwraith gets absorbed by the dahaka
>sandwraith side: The prince gets absorbed.

Lolwut?

How did the sandwraith even lost in the first place? The sandwraith was the prince and the purpose was explicitly to get the prince killed by the dahaka so that the mask would work its revival magic.
>>
>>344203683
The only explanation I could think of is that before the sandwraith you encounter put on the mask, he saw his own future version die in some other manner, and made sure not to die that way. He didn't see the encounter with the Dahaka and your iteration of the prince coming, didn't know what to do, and lost.
>>
>>344203683
The sandnigger pulled a full Inception on Dahaka's ass. When he was back in time he went further back in time with the sand boogy man's gimp mask, thus changing the earlier past.
>>
Why would he travel to the island if he didn't have a reason to?
>>
Maybe Kaileena creates the sand in some other manner if the prince doesn't show up to kill her/romance her
>>
>>344204745
Have any of you litearally played the third one? If the Prince doesn't kill the Empress, the Vezier does because he never died in first place, thus releasing the sands. The whole thing is you have to realize that in the way the story is told, the third game comes first.
>>
>>344202881
Wasn't he going for the amulet and not him
>>
>>344205110
The third game cannot come first.
In the original timeline the Vizier does not attack Babylon. The Empress dies on her island, and the sands of time somehow end up in the giant hourglass near her throne room. The hourglass is found on the island of time and stored in the treasure chamber from the first game's opening level.
When the Vizier kills the Empress in Babylon, the sands never end up in the hourglass, which means the events of the first two games can never take place.
>>
>>344205903
The first game starts with the prince starting to tell a tale, the thrid game ends with the prince starting to tell a tale. You tell me? That's why I said "THE WAY THE STORY IS TOLD". Timeline wise it's
1st - Wraight in warrior within
2nd - Normal past in Warrior within
3rd - Sands of Time
4th - Present Warrior within
5th - The Two Thrones
>>
I always figured the ritual to create the sands involved the empress dying in some way. So when the prince comes in he basically does the job for her. Although that does clash with the prince saying "im the creator of the sands" when he first kills her
>>
>>344207343
Yeah she gets impaled on a dick in that Gaspar Noe's movie
>>
>>344205283

Not at all

>>344204745

Creating the sands involves kaileena dying. The sands are inside kaileena, my guess would be that to create them you'd have to kill her (like her blood is made of sands), so dying from natural causes would not create them.

>>344204595

Why would someone shoot a man before throwing him off a plane?
>>
>>344207608
what. That sounds hot
>>
>>344209340
>, my guess would be that to create them you'd have to kill her (like her blood is made of sands), so dying from natural causes would not create them.
maybe she stabs herself or during the ritual it will just drain her and she doesnt know that until its too late.
>>
>>344205110

The third game doesnt comes first retard, the prince is the same individual throughout the saga, its the ONLY thing that never changes. The entire message of the saga is that you have to accept the consequences of your actions instead of trying to run away from them because that will only create more problems
>>
>>344202881

You just reminded me how much I loved Sanss of Time and how sad I was that I couldn't play the other games as a kid

What's the best way for me to now get the other games of the trilogy on PC?
>>
>>344203517
This. Dahaka was a good guy all along
>>
>how sad I was that I couldn't play the other games as a kid
why?
>>
>>344202881
didnt kaileena survived in the good ending? where you and her fight the dahaka
>>
>>344209640
play the pc versions, I never had any problems with them
>>
File: Patrice Désilets.jpg (1 MB, 1712x2080) Image search: [Google]
Patrice Désilets.jpg
1 MB, 1712x2080
>>344209340

>The entire message of the saga is that you have to accept the consequences of your actions instead of trying to run away from them because that will only create more problems

You mean like establishing the IP of your magnum opus with a shitty company and then jumping ship after they keep you at work during your daughter's birth?

Patrice has had a hard life
If only he'd followed the morals of his own games and seen what was coming
>>
>>344209514

She had no intention of dying though, she's trying to change the timeline because she doesnt want to die

>>344209640

They're availible on every major digital distribution service. They run nicely too.

Just a detail with T2T: The game's physics engine doesn't likes 60 FPS so you might have some problems with the shutter jumps (they'll send you flying in the wrong angle unless you time it perfectly) but nothing major.
>>
>>344209720

The dahaka was by no means a bad guy, just like, the janitor of time.

>>344209962

Dont remind me that the AC franchise could have been so much more if ubisoft had taken care of that guy
>>
>>344209921
PC version is probably best since the console versions all have various amounts of gamebreaking bugs. I think the PS2 was the worst where it could lock your game into unwinnable near the end if you were really unlucky.

The PC version of mine however did fuck up audio halfway. Then near the end it suddenly did the combat end riff 50 times and the sound was back
>>
>>344209962
Fuck Desilets. He is nothing but an 'ideas guy.'
>>
>>344209749

My religious parents were fuckin strict about ESRB ratings.
>>
>had warrior within on ps2 back in the day
>reach the end of the game
>you must travel back to the present and escape the island
>glitch in the game didnt allow me to travel back
>stuck in the past
>was never able to finish the game
>>
>>344210645
well known bug. Heard it either had to do with which order you took the bonus HP things or it was just random. Either way the most retarded part was that it was stuck to your save as well.
>>
File: 1424467340148.jpg (53 KB, 936x699) Image search: [Google]
1424467340148.jpg
53 KB, 936x699
>>344210374

>wrote the games
>directed the cinematics
>served as the fucking DIRECTOR for both SoT and ACII

>"fuck him he's an ideas guy"
>>
>>344210645
I remember having a bug near the end of T2T that prevented me from grabbing a block in one of the last puzzles(after you get your father's sword)
>couldn't reload my save
>had to replay the entire goddamn game again to go past it
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.