[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was GTA V downgraded significantly physics-wise from GTA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (41 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
41 KB, 1024x768
Why was GTA V downgraded significantly physics-wise from GTA IV? It's like the whole euphoria thing Rockstar bragged SO much about before the release of GTA IV has just been removed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjGc2XBIEgQ
>>
>>344182496
Because apparently people bitched about "muh arcade gamuz!" and how realistic physics are the wrong way to have fun.
>>
>>344182496
Because V graphically looks a lot better while being made for the same decade old hardware.
>>
>>344183395
I don't think GTA V 360/PS3 version looks "a lot" better than console GTA IV. I define "a lot" better as the difference between GTA SA and GTA IV. But they still left out the physics on the XBOne/PS4/PC versions which is retarded
>>
>>344183395
People seem to forget this. Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V were released for the same generation of consoles.
>>
>>344182496
Any way to fix GFWL on GTA4 pc? Cant play multiplayer or save the game.
>>
>>344182496
it wasn't physics it was just fancy animation and scripts
>>
>>344184490
xliveless, can't play MP but you can save and transfer saves between computers, it removes GFWL and therefore the GTA 4 MP servers
>>
>>344183658
It doesn't matter how you define a lot. The game OBJECTIVELY looks much better on the same old hardware.

btw, your definition is trash
>>
>>344182496
That video only proves that V was WAY better. IV's ragdoll physics is crazy and makes nico seem like he weighs no more than an inflatable sex puppet.
>>
>>344182496
Mostly because several people complained about gta 4 feeling stiff, sluggish, and "like walking in mud".
>>
>>344186683
People don't just stop moving and become ragdolls when their bodies are in painful situations. How is IV's crazy at all
>>
>>344182496
Because GTAIV physics were laughable if you weren't a child when it came out.
>>
>>344185647
Nigga Euphoria is a combination of a physics engine and precedurally generated animation program.

Characters in euphoria react to things and try to correct themselves if they're falling. They don't ever go limp or "ragdoll" until the game says they're dead.

The best way to observe how Euphoria works is to get drunk in RDR and watch your character struggle to stay up. When you're drunk in RDR, the character is entirely handled by the Euphoria engine, and instead of you as a player controlling his movement, you instead start controlling invisible "forces" pushing him around. The walking while drunk is a result of the engine trying to keep the player upright while fighting against those forces.
>>
>>344186862
That wasn't Euphoria's fault though.
>>
>>344187210
>shoot someone in 4
>He stumbles, holds the spot where he was shot, but usually manages to stay standing

>shoot someone in V
>they go fucking limp and fall over

The only thing that's laughable is the downgrade to the physics.
>>
>>344188027
I think you are mixing up your games, anon. GTAIV they stumbled around like idiots for a couple seconds then fell to the ground and laid there for another couple.
>>
>>344186872
I stand corrected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgm6jgkLMqg
>>
>>344182496
I'm like a minute into your video. IV's physics accelerate the falling person far too much. Makes no sense
>>
>>344188298
Now if only the mod didn't break how the pedestrians reacted to attacks.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.