[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LA noire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: noire.jpg (76 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
noire.jpg
76 KB, 300x400
Whats the deal with this game?

Is it any good or just pressing x repeatedly

I can buy it for $2.50 is that worth it?
>>
>>344181679
It's a very linear detective game with a shitty story that gets too much in the way of actual detective work. It's alright for two and a half freedombucks, though.
>>
>>344182316
>shitty story

are we talking fallout 3 bad or farcry 4 bad?
>>
>>344182587
Can't comment on Far Cry 4, but La Noire is generally just very pretentious and it's not Fallout 3 tier bad.

>Look how RACIST and BAD people were
>Look how BAD and CORRUPT the world is
>Look at your character, he's a BAD PERSON
That kinda stuff. Fuck's sake, I just wanted to investigate shit.
>>
>>344182894

So you're not a fan of the noir genre, huh? I mean that's fine, but a heightened--maybe even melodramatic--sense of morality is one of the common features of noir stories.
>>
>>344181679
I remember all of 2 cases from it. But I remember a general feeling of enjoyment from it.
Do you have anything else to play? Then don't get it. If not, go for it.
>>
>>344182894

I don't remember any of those themes in LA Noire.
>>
>>344182894
Farcry 4 made fallout 3 look like a Kurt Vonnegut book. Never play it ever

>Look how RACIST and BAD people were
>Look how BAD and CORRUPT the world is
>Look at your character, he's a BAD PERSON

eh, i can deal with that. I watch the news so i pretty used to that shit
>>
its fun
>>
File: jack.jpg (63 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
jack.jpg
63 KB, 620x387
>>344183216

>actual Noir giving a shit about racism, gender equallity or moral values

Nigga, the only character with any moral values are the protags, even then it's nearly gone by the end of the story.
>>
>>344183230
>Do you have anything else to play?
I specifically need a break from how repetitive MGSV is.

Looking for something more story heavy and low on action with lots of cut scenes so i can smoke and drink coffee while playing
>>
>>344181679

It's totally worth 2.50. I would recommend buying it for that price regardless of what kind of games you enjoy. It's an enjoyable romp with a really sweet atmosphere. Also the driving/shooting segments are surprisingly fun.
>>
>>344181679
I'm playing through it again now.

It's pretty good if you turn off the clue hints, although some more branching paths would've been appreciated.

The game also falls apart towards the end.
>>
>>344181679
If you liked LA Confidential you'll like LA Noire, but you might feel some deja vu. For that price it's definitely worth the try, though. Warning, ps3 version sucks. Lots of crashes.
>>
>>344183216
To be fair, the story just really annoyed me too much. There's a time in the game when you're obviously chasing a serial killer but nobody believes you, and you're supposed to accuse people who didn't do that while it's still going on. It's not exactly a bad premise but the game beat you over the head with it way too much for my taste. Plus I just wanted to solve cases, I felt it clashed with the gameplay too much. Don't get me wrong, it's an alright game, though.

>>344183339
The first two are subtle but Cole being an asshole is like the central part of it.
>>
>>344183626
Do it then. Good weekend game.
>>
>>344183626

L.A. Noire sounds like exactly what you're looking for, then.
>>
>>344183710
I've been playing the PS3 version for a while and I haven't had a single crash. Only glitch I've had is saving and turning off the game before one of the flashback cutscenes and the game loading to the case after it.
>>
>>344183656
thanks m8
>>344183678
>It's pretty good if you turn off the clue hints, although some more branching paths would've been appreciated.
I can deal with linear story if its half decent. yeah, clue hints sounds like garbage

>>344183710
>ps3 version sucks. Lots of crashes.
getting it for jewbox 420 and i loved LA confidential >>344183621 and chinatown
>>
>>344183626
get it man it sounds perfect for what you want
>>
>>344183760

Homicide was my least favorite part of the game. I really hated that part of it. That last case where you follow the poem clues was really sexy though.
>>
>>344184036
The biggest problem was that it dragged on for too long. One or even two fewer cases would have been perfect
>>
>>344184004
>>344183858
>>344183783

awesome
I was hoping it'd be a fit but was worried from the memes about it
>and the super low price tag
>>
>>344182894
you are just shooting shit out of your mouth with that post , you know
the game never shoves any of those things in your face , nor do the characters complain much about it
and that last point about cole is just evidence you haven't paid any attention to the story
point being , you're a retard
>>
>>344184036
>spoilers

you fucking nigger
>>
>>344181679
The "detective" work in this game is picking up items and doing multiple choice interviews where you pick the correct answer out of truth/lie/doubt. It's mostly impossible to fail, I think there are a few cases when you get a "bad ending" cutscene if you botch an interview, but the cinematic storyine pushes you along so you complete the case anyway.

Some games that literally have better detective gameplay are:
>the detective minigame in Assassin's Creed Unity
>Midnight Rescue and other Super Solvers games
>>
Rate the desks:

Vice>Traffic>Homicide>Patrol>Arson
>>
>>344183961
I had several crashes and some recurring bugs, the worst being the map not loading between two locations if I took the closest route. Had to go around to get to the next checkpoint. Crashes were always during car rides. It's the only game I had trouble with, and the disk wasn't scratched.
>>
>>344183626
Smoking kills, anon
>>
>>344184708

I'm in the minority here but Arson is actually my favorite. I thought the storyline was very compelling: how a simply housefire ends up being a massive conspiracy involving real estate developers.

To be honest, it felt like the only desk that really had a feeling of surging momentum.
>>
>>344184809
I have it downloaded instead of on disc, that might have something to do with it.
>>
>>344184856
good

then i will spend less money on the vidya i use to kill time
>>
>that sound when you opened the phone box

Gave me a mini orgasm every time.
>>
>>344184445
Detective missions in Unity aren't better. Even without using eagle vision, it's still simple picking up stuff and talking to glowing npcs. And there are no interrogations. Still a cool feature in the game though.
>>
>>344181679
Damn near anything is worth $2.50.

You should be asking if it's worth your time. I enjoyed my time with it, though I never beat it.
>>
>>344185000
The problem with Arson was that you spent more time dealing with Cole and Jack's personal problems than you did solving cases.

It doesn't matter how compelling the story is, that shit is just intrusive.
>>
>>344185827

Well a common theme of detective noire films was that the detective gets personally involved in the cases.
>>
>>344184856

Life Kills. Smoking makes it tolerable.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.