[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: overrated shit >6 hours long, 8 if you want to 100%
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: albw.jpg (2 MB, 1863x1697) Image search: [Google]
albw.jpg
2 MB, 1863x1697
ITT: overrated shit

>6 hours long, 8 if you want to 100%
>0 difficulty
>10 minute long dungeons, not challenging at all
>broken items make combat irrelevant
>dumbass one-man army item rental system
>no sense of progression
>forgettable as fuck story/characters, I bet you don't even remember the name of the sages

>omg best handheld Zelda evur

Seriously this shit is worse than the DS Zeldas. Why do people like this iOS-tier shovelware?
>>
The DS Zeldas are great so I'm gonna file this opinion under "ignore."
>>
>>344143762
I had a lot of fun with it, and you bitching at me about it wont change that, maybe your life is overrated shit, just throw that in the trash and hang yourself
>>
It can't be overrated because not that many people even like it
>>
ITT: opinions passed off as facts
>>
It's one of the better Zelda games we got in recent years, I don't think anyone can deny that.

I agree that it's mediocre in many ways and in my opinion it took too much from ALTTP to be "its own game" but as flawed as it is, it's still very enjoyable, I can easily understand why it's gotten so many positive reviews.
>>
File: Luigis-Mansion-Dark-Moon1.jpg (328 KB, 1200x816) Image search: [Google]
Luigis-Mansion-Dark-Moon1.jpg
328 KB, 1200x816
Right on the money, OP.
Anyways, pic related is my contribution.
>mission based instead of letting you explore at your own pace
>annoying filler missions
>lame ghost designs
>lame Home Alone-tier music
I say this as someone who played the original weeks prior.
>>344143929
>The DS Zeldas are great
Well, that would be your opinion.
>>344144646
Edgy.
>>344144646
I beg to differ. Everyone ate that shit up when it came out. A lot of people even claimed
>WOW IT'S MARKETED AS NON-LINEAR, SO IT'S GOOD
I think the way ALBW handled non-linearity was lazy as fuck. You have signs outside of the dungeon telling you what items you need, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>344143762
while I like the concept of being able to tackle the dungeons in any order I don't like the whole idea of giving you potentially all the items at the start of the game.

How it normally works:

>reach dungeon using new tools at your disposal
>make your way partway through dungeon, taking note of new shit for later
>get new item
>use new item to get through the rest of the dungeon and potentially to help defeat the boss

how it is

>buy item
>go to dungeon, use item to get into dungeon, obviously that same item will be used for the entire dungeon but you already understand the gimmick so who cares

I like earning your arsenal.
>>
>>344143762
>hyperbole: the thread
I know this is probably bait or something, but whatever
>>
I agree, item rental ruined this game. Link to the past did non-linear progression perfectly.
>>
>>344145303
>hyperbole
Not all of it seems like hyperbole. Sorry if you can't handle other people not liking something you like.
>>
Uh, excuse me, it actually took me 15 hours to 100%.
>>
>>344145697
Keyword: Me
>it actually took ME 15 hours to 100%
>>
>>344143762
You didn't post OoT
>>
Link's Awakening is the best handheld Zelda ever.
>>
>>344143762
>>6 hours long, 8 if you want to 100%
Quality over quantity
>>0 difficulty
Quality over quantity
>>10 minute long dungeons, not challenging at all
Quality over quantity
>>broken items make combat irrelevant
Hey, first Zelda game where I didn't use my sword for 99& of the fights. I'll take it.
>>dumbass one-man army item rental system
Getting the items in whatever order you prefer encourages exploration. I want it back in future games.
>>no sense of progression
opinions.
>>forgettable as fuck story/characters, I bet you don't even remember the name of the sages
more opinions.

Fucking hell OP, how can one man be so wrong?
>>
>>344145980
It may be overrated, but it's for a reason.
You had to be there.
>>344146076
This is correct.
>>
>>344144542
wow
>>
>>344146169
>quality over quantity
Where's the quality, then? This seems like a game someone would shit out on iOS/Android, but with a little bit more of a budget (just a little bit more).
>Getting the items in whatever order you prefer encourages exploration. I want it back in future games.
You can pretty much buy them all at once. That's stupid. There isn't a sense of progression when you're given every single item at the start of the game.
>>
>>344145953
Get your AOL shit out of here
>>
>>344144975
The "Edgy" part was meant for >>344144542
>>
>>344146076

It's straight up the best 2D Zelda.
>>
File: sweet luigi and hella gadd.png (180 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
sweet luigi and hella gadd.png
180 KB, 500x376
>>344144975
>all of the bosses are the same kind of poltergeist possessing different objects

lame
>>
File: elf_goody_two_shoes.jpg (525 KB, 2400x3000) Image search: [Google]
elf_goody_two_shoes.jpg
525 KB, 2400x3000
>>344143762
100% truth, but besides luring in the enlightened few to circlejerk over this truth you're going to catch nothing but flak, because/v/ is full of cum-guzzling Neotendrones who never played A Link to the Past and defend this garbage.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.