[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People spent $100+ on this game >It's now going F2P
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: Evolve_PS4_Jaquette_001.jpg (189 KB, 610x766) Image search: [Google]
Evolve_PS4_Jaquette_001.jpg
189 KB, 610x766
>People spent $100+ on this game
>It's now going F2P

Can somebody explain the mind of an early adopter?
>>
Literally cucks
>>
>>344133129
Also the mind of company behind this ruise? That's some epic irl trolling. Also the game is still meh, even for free
>>
I spent 80 on it. Forgot about it till now too. I was hyped for l4d2.0.

It wasn't as good as l4d but I don't think it was as bad as everyone made it seem. A lot of dlc but maps were free if I remember right.

Definitely not worth what I paid, 30 I could see though. 40 for all characters and whatever.
>>
>>344133798
>A lot of dlc but maps were free if I remember right.

What does it matter if it's the same core gameplay over and over?

L4D1 had 4 versus maps (2 at launch) and it was exciting regardless
>>
>>344133129
Having a year of experience without 3d world shitters for 60$ is not too bad.
>>
>>344134920
Yeah, that logic doesn't work

see: TF2
>>
>>344135549
It's stopped being what it was supposed to be, i.e. team-oriented game the moment it become f2p and got flooded with f2p crowd. What's your point?
>>
>>344135659
I got several years out of TF2 before the F2P monsters, but I'm not happy about it because they ruined a game I like
>>
File: Goliath Space Program.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Goliath Space Program.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>344133129
Well god damn, it finally happened.

People were saying this game should have been F2P before it was released. Despite TurtleRock saying they would never do that. But they fucked up a lot of things.

Ask me anything, spent $80 and played 260+ hours of this shit.
>>
>>344135803
227 hours here. Last time I played it was in December last year.

I only got enjoyment out of it by playing as Kraken. I think they should've let the people who purchased the game get all the current DLC for free.
>>
Is it going f2p on consoles too, or just pc for now?
>>
>>344133798
how is it in anyway left 4 dead?
>>
File: 1466358687414.gif (564 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
1466358687414.gif
564 KB, 800x430
>>344136371
>consolefags will never EVER get evolve for free
>>
>>344136476
made by the same devs, no?
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 872x872) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 872x872
>>344133129
>buying any game on release day when you can just buy another for $20 with all the dlc included that'll hold you over until that one game you wanted drops down to $20 too

being a NEET has its perks you know
>>
File: 1423249846246.jpg (54 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1423249846246.jpg
54 KB, 500x400
Along with it going F2P, the latest patch is also introducing a new character and REMOVING FOILAGE FROM THE MAPS, because why should the monster be able to hide effectively?
>>
>>344139247
you'll still be able to hide next to rocks as a goliath and trick those who never touched the game.
>>
I know it's been said since the start and old news, but holy fucking hell did they try to jew the shit out of buyers on Evolve.

It was a pretty okay game, then they charged double the price they should've for the game and then a bunch more for extra content. Pretty glad it tanked.
>>
>>344136371
>>344136526
They're launching F2P on PC first as a "beta", then it's going to release on consoles free as well
>>
>>344139247
>REMOVING FOILAGE FROM THE MAPS

Are you serious? I've had hunters run right past me because I've hidden in foliage and you couldn't even see me.
>>
>>344133129
>Playing a game
>Early adopter

You don't actually know what that term means, do you?
>>
>>344140621
the dome is also throwable by anyone. the trapper gets a device that points in the general direction of the monster. support cloak is also being changed to something that will lower cooldowns for everyone. at least for bucket. theres a bunch of changes that make hunters easier.
>>
>>344140929
So there's literally no good points to being a monsters?
>>
>>344140974
i played mostly hunter. i can dig up what they've said they changed so far if you want. they did change a lot for monsters.
>>
>>344140974
TL;DR:

Monsters now get FOUR ability points at stage 1, THREE at stage 2 and TWO at stage 3
Also counts for Arena (now 7 points to spend, not 6)
Monster armour will now regenerate much faster when out of combat
Monster traversals have been standardised, meaning more traversals out of combat than is currently the case
Goliath/Meteor Goliath
Higher climb speed than version 8.0
Air control so he can move/attack during traversal and leaps
Kraken
Banshee mines have been refactored to allow for better balancing of this ability (NOW WITH FURTHER DETAIL)
Made to be more ranged than up close
Wraith
Decoy no longer cloaks Wraith, nor benefits from being in supernova. Other changes exist but are unannounced!
Behemoth
Lots of changes to make him more of a "pit boss", less combo chains, more frequent attacks, all about area control.
Lavabomb is now one big droplet instead of randomly falling multiple ones
Tongue grab does more damage and cools down faster
Rockwall has less slabs, but more work is being done on this
Potential for Behemoth to have anti-burst damage passive (not 100% confirmed)
Gorgon
Playstyle being altered to be more about stacking Damage over time until healers can't counter it any more
Monsters will no longer have limb damage (will still have headshot damage), and hunter weapons are being rebalanced for lower damage as a result
Death grab animations are no more
Monster sound effects have been standardised so that in the future stealthier monsters can have been SFX fall offs
>>
>>344141921
Christ, it's like they want to go the MOBA route of balancing, that lavabomb one in specific so everyone can just see where the one attack is going instead of avoiding an area in general, because anything more would be TOO HARD TO RECOGNIZE.
>>
>>344142637
Game sounds like it's more balanced for hunters.
>>
>>344142637
what they're basically trying to do is make action happen more often. while ill deeply miss the actual hunt factor the game had towards the start, i would rather have it live again.

they've said they will have balance changes be readily available compared to the couple of months we had to wait for wraith to get nerfed on launch.

also

https://talk.turtlerockstudios.

com/t/title-update-9-everything-we-know-expected-summer-2016/82771

thats all the changes they've talked about so far. more to come tomorrow though.
>>
It'll gain a couple hundred players at best and then fade away again.
>>
>>344141921
>nerfing wraith into the ground
why?
>>
>>344143937
wraith was already nerfed into the ground. when you shoot the wraith while its cloaked from a decoy it flashes for half a second instead of the split second it was on launch. fuck the only reason wraith was played was because she was broken as FUCK on launch. her design is fundamentally broken to the point where its either underpowered, or over powered.

plus goliath > wraith
>>
File: 1463406581618.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463406581618.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>WHO BOUGHT THE MONSTER RACE EDITION XDD?!?!
all those fucking retards
>>
It's going f2p? Cool, maybe it'll have players again. I spent $30 on it through a key reseller and got 214 hours out of it, I have no regrets, but it's a shame what 2K made them do.

Is Kraken still literally broken with aftershock not slowing him down?
>>
>>344144142
I mainly played medic with friends and we weren't the best, but we didn't have any real difficulty with any of the monsters. yeah sure running in a corcle for 30 minutes got boring, but that's because monsters, especially wraith, couldn't engage before lvl 3 unless they wanted to lose. I can understand a few of the nerfs in order to force earlier fights, but nerfing the monsters this hard is absolutely unnecessary and uncalled for.
>>
>>344139550
>holy fucking hell did they try to jew the shit out of buyers on Evolve.
Based on the F2P announcement post from Turtle Rock, sounds like they were really pissed off with the way 2K ran the DLC part of the game

>Then, when Evolve launched, the reception wasn’t what we expected. Sure, there were some good reviews. There were also bad reviews. Yes, there was excitement. There was also disappointment – for players and for us. The DLC shitstorm hit full force and washed away people’s enthusiasm, dragging us further and further from that first magical pick-up-and-play experience.

https://talk.turtlerockstudios com/t/a-message-to-our-community/87816
>>
File: 1464523590202.png (196 KB, 540x335) Image search: [Google]
1464523590202.png
196 KB, 540x335
ask someone who bought battleborn
>>
>>344133129
>Can somebody explain the mind of an early adopter?
So you can beat a game before all of the third world NEETs.
>>
>>344144512
im honestly not too sure the monsters are nerfed as hard as you think. hiding in foliage only really worked against hunters who didnt know what they were doing. getting 4 points to spend at stage 1 might help force fights though. 2 to rock throw, 1 to flame breath, 1 to leap.

the meta will still be kraken > everything anyway.
>>
>>344144741
the foliage nerf is a lot bigger than you think. they're not just removing a few hiding spots here and there, they're making everything more visible and dark areas are being lit up. not only will there be nowhere to hide, but sneaking in general will have no use, especially since the monster wil only have 3 paths to choose from instead of being able to just pick a direction and book it.
>>
>>344145153
oh i know what they're doing to the maps.

i think that issue comes down to the fact that everyone has the dome now and less of the fact that theres no hiding spots. im certain there are still juke spots for the monster. not nearly as much but there should still be a few.
>>
File: 80 (3).jpg (291 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
80 (3).jpg
291 KB, 600x800
Tengen Toppa Kekka Lollan
>>
>>344145261
I just don't understand why they're effectively nerfing the monsters so hard when they're buffing the hunters so much. I get that they want to make hunters less teamwork required to appeal to casuals and scrubs, but what's stopping good hunters from shitting all over the monster now?
>>
>>344145706
kraken. the answer was always kraken. thats my main issue with the game. thats what convinced me to leave initially.

at least we can test TRS on their statement of being able to implement balance changes quicker this time around.
>>
>>344133129
i got peer pressured.
>>
>>344145706
forgot to add, we havent seen all the changes yet. just a good amount of them. there could be some things on the monsters they havent talked about yet. we'll find out in a few hours though.
>>
>>344145813
why not just nerf kraken then?
>>
>Evolve goes F2P
>Overwatch won't

fug
>>
>>344146010
>TRS
>nerfing or fixing the kraken

lmao.

in all seriousness though, i dont think they know how to do it. i left because a kraken who knows how to use his air control could literally control every aspect of the game. he decided when he would get hit by snares/harpoons, he decided when he wanted to give the shorter range assualts a chance to do damage, etc. im sure kraken will get the brunt of the changes for the monsters. goliath already has more air control to deal with hunters baiting him up and down a tall vertical space.

basically, i dont know TRS knows how to do it and i think they might be heading towards buffing everyone else to krakens level.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.