[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i just finished the painful. Loved it. Starting Joyful now. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: LISA.jpg (47 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
LISA.jpg
47 KB, 640x480
i just finished the painful. Loved it. Starting Joyful now. What should I expect?
>>
It's bad but it's only a couple hours long so might as well play it.
>>
File: Lisa the joyful.png (120 KB, 500x456) Image search: [Google]
Lisa the joyful.png
120 KB, 500x456
>>344110075
To hate Buddy even more... so nothing different from the rest of the cast. Her brother (forgot name) deserved better.

I honestly liked it, but I figured that the world was a shithole and the only way to survive is to also be a piece of shit.
>>
A lot of tears.

A lot.
>>
>>344110075
Game play's pretty shit but it was originally going to be like a movie thing anyway, so he just fixed it up to be DLC instead so people could play it instead.

It's even more depressing than the last game tho
>>
a really good wrap up of the story, but bad gameplay and pacing

also fuck buddy
>>
>yfw you're not Buddy
>>
>>344110075
when buddy attacks it's a QTE
I didn't realize this until I'd almost finished the joyful, so I was doing shit damage the entire time
>>
>>344112726
......anon

how the fuck do you not realize that brother
>>
>>344110075
At first? More of the same.

And then, medicore gameplay and story pacing with some good moments.

And finally, it ends with some of the most impactful moments in the story.

The last boss...oh man.
>>
File: 1467597372480.jpg (516 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
1467597372480.jpg
516 KB, 800x550
>>344110075
use Joy anon, it doesn't make a difference story wise and shit will be hard without it

I nearly beat Big Lincoln before I realized this
>>
>>344113636
while I did like it, Buddy's edginess showed that Austin is still an amateur.
I have high hopes for his next game, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned
>>
>>344113254
nobody said anything
>>
Next to no humor. Only pain
>>
I wish Big Lincoln got a bit more lore on him. But I guess the mysterious wolf guy is cool too.
>>
>>344113801
It did seem weird for her to become such a monster after just recently taking up Joy. He did say she was his least favorite character, so that's probably why.
>>
File: 1463636295082.jpg (39 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1463636295082.jpg
39 KB, 680x680
>>344117637
Writers Tips: If you have nothing but blaring contempt for a character, don't make them the main character.

Rando's story was way more interesting, just slowly coming to terms with the fact that the one hope for the future (as far as he knew) was turning into the kind of psychotic killer he swore to stop.
>>
>>344110075
disappointment
>>
>>344118150
Seconded. It's a really weak sequel, especially just how good THE PAINFUL was. But at least it has the Brokentooth March.
>>
>>344110075
Joyful is awesome. Use Joy, there's no negatives like in the Painful. Buddy is best.
>>
I liked Rando a lot. Everyone constantly fucked him up but no matter what he tried to keep his intentions good.
>>
>>344119695
Yeah he did literally nothing wrong, ever.
>>
>>344119695
>tfw when you dropped him so he wouldn't have to suffer and they could say goodbye on good terms
>>
>>344113740
I refused to take joy
You just do that optional fight against like six dudes at once and use all the money for healing items instead
>>
>>344120916
I feel like there should have been more incentive story-wise to not take joy in both games.
Like you wouldn't have to kill Marty or something like that

All it does is make things easier.
>>
File: CmkiXuhWIAAmc58.jpg (62 KB, 612x614) Image search: [Google]
CmkiXuhWIAAmc58.jpg
62 KB, 612x614
>>344110075
most people seem to dislike the joyful because of buddy but i think her character makes sense. i get the feeling lots of players just got super attached to brad and couldn't handle such a crazy shift to buddy's pov

it's short and the combat is different since there aren't 20 different companions to choose from and buddy's attack is based on timing. the story picks up right after the painful and in my opinion it's just as interesting. hope you enjoy it anon
>>
>>344118556
It wasn't really a sequel, it was just a kickstarter goal.
Dingus did his job, he shat out pretty good DLC as soon as possible for reasonable price. It was pretty memorable end for the series.
Another Painful would take shitton of time.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.