[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You don't play as Gamma, you play as the Flickie Bird that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
You don't play as Gamma, you play as the Flickie Bird that Robotnik kidnapped and put inside Gamma
>>
File: Fin.jpg (108 KB, 639x479) Image search: [Google]
Fin.jpg
108 KB, 639x479
>>344104195
*Flicky
>>
>>344104195
that's patently false. Gamma clearly decides to do what he does of his own volition, he isnt the bird
>>
>>344104389

Your face is patently false. There's a flaw in Gamma's design that allows the Flicky to retain some degree of self-control. You as the player assume the role of that Flicky and you use your robot body to free the other birds before self-destructing.
>>
>>344104779
If the bird is making the desicions instead of Gamma, his arc makes zero sense.
>>
>>344104915
Gamma is the entity, the bird is a power source. But the bird winds up affecting Gamma's personality. I don't mean that the Flicky is sitting in a Gundam cockpit controlling Gamma. Gamma isn't a real personality, it's a computer program that, due to some glitch, imprints its Flicky's personality type into the code. The Flicky is Gamma's otherwise nonexistent robot soul. That bird has a lot of resilience for such a little guy. Show him some respect, anon.
>>
File: Omega ruse.png (93 KB, 187x293) Image search: [Google]
Omega ruse.png
93 KB, 187x293
>>344104779
>There's a flaw in Gamma's design that allows the Flicky to retain some degree of self-control
and your source for that is?

besides your ass, I mean
>>
File: snack fact.png (247 KB, 760x572) Image search: [Google]
snack fact.png
247 KB, 760x572
>>344105736
>Gamma isn't a real personality, it's a computer program that, due to some glitch, imprints its Flicky's personality type into the code
>>
>>344105736
Really makes you think. I honestly think that's how we live too.
>>
>>344105736
Well thank goodness for the moral compass of that bird.
yeah
>>
How meta, not even Kojambles and Uchikakashi could compete with twists of this magnitude.
>>
>>344105736
>The Flicky is Gamma's otherwise nonexistent robot soul.
The other E series showing terror at its potential death/destruction and looking to gsmma for help as it is being teleported away seems to throw a wrench in thus, unless the "glitch" affected all of them. Also, making the bird responsible for Gamma's actions cheapens the self sacrifice angle way too much.
>>
>It was a girl
>yfw Gamma was a Samus ripoff
>>
>>344104195

The animals are merely power sources, they do no controlling.

Your headcanon is shit and undermines the only decent storyline a sonic game has ever had.
>>
>>344105785

My source is my ass. And modern internet is faggy as hell.

I could have had some neat fan discussion about this ten years ago. Pack it up, everybody. The canonfags one. Reinterpretations and fun are no longer allowed.

My heavens, take me back to the days when search bars were a side window on your browser. Days when it made sense that a shitty but endearing fansite like SMBHQ would be one of the most popular gaming sites out there. I want to go back to when "who would win" would inspire hours of passionate debate and not a link to a shitty youtube channel.
>>
>>344106693

That is some autism, my friend.
>>
>>344106693

>presents fanwank as facts
>people tell you you're full of shit
>wooow why won't anyone discuss fan theories with me

???
>>
File: chara_omega_4285.gif (46 KB, 332x323) Image search: [Google]
chara_omega_4285.gif
46 KB, 332x323
What animal is inside Omega?
>>
>>344106445

You're a cool dude so I'm responding to you. It's possible that deconstructed unit was the glitch, not Gamma. Witnessing it may have triggered a question without an answer, and the lapse in logical algorithm allowed Flicky to take control.

Or the glitch may have affected more than one robot.
>>
>>344106693
>I could have had some neat fan discussion about this ten years ago
even fannon theories come from interpreting actual fact and shit from the games and source material. But there is NOTHING to imply the bird is affecting Gamma whatsoever.
>>
>>344106693
Is your memory that awful? If this conversation were actually back in the day you would have everyone yelling at you for making things up, using quotes directly from the game instead of just summarizing the events, and you fanfiction would end up on some shitty fanfiction-MST3K site because people used to unironically make those.
>>
>>344107141
does he even have one? seems he was made around the time Eggman stopped using animals in his robots, which is somewhere between SA2 and heroes
>>
>>344107141

Something lewd, probably. Them fucking Yaoi hands...
>>
>>344107310

If I had this conversation back in the day, people would have indulged in the what if scenario. And I probably would have started a sprite comic about it on the VGF forums. Or maybe DrunkDuck, I don't remember how old DrunkDuck is.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.