[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made a game. Be sure to rate it and tell me what you think.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: Untitled.png (840 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
840 KB, 1360x768
http://gamejolt.com/games/horrors-of-the-past/117725 I took my time on it. Feel free to rate and comment.
>>
>>344104102
i'll give you a bump, OP
>>
>>344104102
Shadows are alright, but lighting and textures could use some work.
>>
Thank you so much.
>>
File: 1467335833475-v.png (130 KB, 365x361) Image search: [Google]
1467335833475-v.png
130 KB, 365x361
You realize you're breaking a rule by advertising your shit game here, right?
>>
File: untitled-hknpquvn.png (2 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
untitled-hknpquvn.png
2 MB, 1360x768
Here's another screen of the seventh level.
>>
>>344104778
its a free game fuck off
>>
>>344104778
Someone's breaking a rule on 4chan?
Holy fucking shit call the cops, FBI, ATF, CIA, NSA, KGB, KFC!
>>
>>344104447
Thank you.
>>
>>344104102
I'll probably try it out later
>>
Bump for OP
>>
>>344105067
>Bump for OP
Thank you
>>
>>344104865
It's like I really have miopia!
>>
bumping for OP
>>
>>344105323
Sorry mang. Lol. It's giving the dream feel, simply because you're supposed to be dead.
>>
>>344105418
Thank you.
>>
>>344105487
Then try meddling with bloom or make the edges of the screen foggy. DOF just looks like fucking shit and is a total eyesore.
>>
File: untitled-exaefpit.png (337 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
untitled-exaefpit.png
337 KB, 1360x768
Level 2 screen
>>
>>344106203
Okay, maybe I can also add film static to give it more of a dead feel.
>>
>>344106450
Maybe make DOF being an option. At least for me shit like >>344106283 is just unbearable. It looks like one of those miopia simulator Skyrim ENB screenshots. Or maybe tone it down a bit. It's just too much when you can't focus on anything that isn't literally on your face.

And use a trip if you don't want people impersonating you. Anyway, downloading your stuff. Is it finished already? Do you intend to sell it sometime or is it basically done?
>>
>>344106752
This is just a demo, although I am planning on selling it and releasing it on Google PlayStore, Xbox indie games, and maybe PSN. I'll start off with "Name your price" on GameJolt. If I get successful enough, I'll upload it on Steam. This game has come very far and will be much longer and have a more detailed and complex story, voice acting, and mostly anything that the fans of it want.
>>
File: 1466951285565.gif (1 MB, 317x416) Image search: [Google]
1466951285565.gif
1 MB, 317x416
>>344104102
I would but I'm a pussy ass bitch when it comes to horror games.
Soundtrack's good, though.
>>
>>344107118
Dude, It's a psychological adventure, not a horror game.
>>
Ok, finished downloading and right off the bat I think you need a borderless windowed option. Also, an in-depth graphics quality menu would be good instead of this vague stuff. Understandable since you just said it's a demo.

For whatever reason I can't remap stuff to my mouse buttons as well. It's kinda buggy.

Just started, if there are jumpscares Imma fucking cut you.
>>
>>344107118
Quite literally the only relevance to scary is the first level, and there are no jumpscares. I, myself hate horror games as well.
>>
>>344107504
Well shit, I'll give it a whirl. But if you're bamboozling me right now I'll kick your ass later.
>>
Ok, it seems I've reached the walltext and beat it.

As I've said before, the dof was a total eyesore at places and I think the game felt claustrophobic in an archaic way due to how you implemented the fov and/or the portion of your screen that you can see anything through light. It can certainly be done better because people might be turned down by that.

As for the game itself, I honesly feel like it didn't say or conceive anything. It didn't tell me any story, it didn't gave me any purpose, there was no message, no challenge, no puzzles, no nothing. In short, it didn't present itself as to what it's actually about and therefore came as a pointless walking simulator or maybe you tried to say something in such an extremely subtle way that it ended up being some kind of 2deep4u stuff with some sad music tacked on just because. I think it needs a sharper direction and even if you want to conceive some kind walking simulator, it can certainly be done in a non-pretentious and less convoluted way, i.e. Ico.

Yes, it's still just a demo, but if you wanted to present your game or "sell" what it's about with that, I'm afraid it hasn't worked out.

>>344108742
There are indeed no jumpscares. The first level looks like a Stalker setting but that's it.
>>
>>344108742
k
>>
>>344108863
Thank you for the concerns, I'm adding voice acting soon to sum things up. It'll make more sense later.
>>
>>344108863
This is my first game so I need all the help I can get.
>>
>>344109124
Cheers. Just trying to help you out with honest advice so your thing you worked hard for doesn't end up coming as something that nobody understands. Another game that could serve as inspiration is Limbo I think.

But anyway, do you want to make this a puzzle game or what? Will it have combat? How is it actually going to play out in its final form?
>>
>>344109256
Also, you might want to hop onto /vg/ and search for the amateur game dev thread. People there *might* be able to offer you technical advice.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.