[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got a New 3DS. From what I understand, it comes with a 4gb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: hardware-blank.png (275 KB, 470x503) Image search: [Google]
hardware-blank.png
275 KB, 470x503
Just got a New 3DS. From what I understand, it comes with a 4gb card, is that gonna be enough? I plan on buying some games from the e-shop, mostly NES/SNES stuff like Super Metroid, Earthbound, SMB3 and maybe couple others. Should I get a 32gb card?
>>
I have a 16GB card, it was only enough for full 2 digital games and about 10 demos.

Splurge for a 64GB if you're serious about digital games, otherwise, 4GB is enough for pics and the occasional demo.
>>
>>344097478
if you're just buying VC/retro games from the eshop, you should be fine.
>>
>>344097478
32 if you plan to pirate. go physical if your buying, 4 is enough for those tiny eshop games
>>
>>344097478

Hold on, it accepts 64gb cards, I thought 32gb was the max?
>>
>>344097936
64gb or higher but they need to be formatted to fat32
>>
>>344097936
I got a 128gb in mine.
>>
Since this thread is here i gotta ask since i also got one, should i bother getting hori screen protectors? I don't know how easy it is to scratch the touch screen.
>>
Random thing to say (since you're a new N3DS owner), but if you hate the nub, there's a really good c-stick mod using the PSP 1000 stick that works really fucking well.

It's fucking night and day compared to the original nub.
>>
>>344098958
OP here, yeah the nub is pretty damn stiff. That mod sounds pretty cool but I don't have a PSP 1000 unfortunately.
>>
>>344099824

You don't need it. You can buy it off Instern for 4 dollars for a 3-pack of PSP 1000 nubs off Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ADHIGII/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are various tutorials on how to do it, but I'll try to re-find the one I used.

I shit you not, it makes the c-stick much MUCH MUCH better.
>>
>>344097936
I have 64 gb card in mine, I had to format it
>>
>>344097478
Grab a 32gig card. You won't really need more than that if you're sticking to the legal means of getting stuff for your system. I'm not even close to maxing mine out yet and I have several folders full of installed games and programs.

If you are pirating though, get the 64 gig card.
>>
Anyone recommend an SD card? I've read that not all are compatible?
>>
>>344100616
get sandisk above 30Mb/s speed
>>
>>344100253

Sweet, thanks man. I had no idea the sticks could be bought separately. I'll definitely buy a pack.
>>
>>344097478
if it's just VC stuff, it should be fine for the moment. On the other hand, SD cards cost fuck all so you might as well grab one.

>>344097706
I have about the same and I'm only using half of my 16GB card. Did you find the worlds hugest games?

>>344098624
I put one on to play Ouenden/EBA. before that I never scratched any of my DS systems. I have seen some in terrible condition though, presumably from children applying tard strength
>>
If I already installed shit to my stock 4GB card, and I want to get a bigger one, can I download my stuff again? Legal games from the eShop.
>>
>>344103941
You can just copy files from one SD card to the other
>>
>>344104525

Using my PC or through the 3DS itself?

I'd imagine it would have some kind of copy protecting so as to not copy infinitely.
>>
>>344097936
The "supported" max is 32GB. You can go up to 128GB if you format the card to FAT32, but you'll need some software to do that. It's not officially supported by Nintendo but I've got a 128GB on mine for quite some time and it works great.
>>
>>344100253
Seconding this. Original C-Stick is bullshit. The PSP hack works wonders.
>>
>>344106029
Use your PC. There's no protection for changing cards, just copy the data. You need to worry only if you're changing cards BETWEEN different 3DS.
>>
>>344106552
>The PSP hack works wonders.
>The PSP hack
>hack
you should be at school kid
>>
File: feels.png (78 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
78 KB, 412x351
>>344106864
Wish I were. At least I would still get a chance at redoing my life and making my parents proud, not being a fat neckbeard playing 3DS in his mom's basement.

But I can call it a mod if that makes you feel better with a stranger on the internet.
>>
>>344107737
>i can call it what it actually is not some name to make yourself feel edgy
yes i would like that, thank you very much.
>>
>>344101136

Yeah, with the free shipping, it's a no brainer, and there are tons of videos of people doing it. After awhile, it will settle in place, and it feels MUCH closer to a regular console's controller than the original nub shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 898x577) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 898x577
Do I really need to get the "New" 3DS to emulate old Nintendo/Sega stuff, or is that just an epic meme?
>>
>>344109345
If you want to natively play SNES games, you need a New 3DS, yes. O3DS is stuck with a shitty emulator that hasn't been worked on in like a year.

Everything else should be fine to my knowledge.
>>
>>344100573
This, I have 10 digital games and a couple demos, and I could easily fit 20 more based on the size of my largest game (SMT Overclocked)
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.