[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favourite Max Payne game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: paynes.png (536 KB, 1029x579) Image search: [Google]
paynes.png
536 KB, 1029x579
What's your favourite Max Payne game?
>>
>>
>>
>>344096561
>>
I've only played 3, so that
>>
1 by far. To be honest I don't even know why people love 2. It had none of the charm of the 1st and the gameplay was only slightly better.
>>
all of them
they're all fantastic games, each being great technical and gameplay showcases of their respective release eras. Max Payne 1 with big environments, Max Payne 2 with richer detail and ragdolls, Max Payne 3 with even richer detail, player movement and euphoria ragdolls.
>>
>>344096561
2 obviously
any other opinion on this topic is wrong
>>
>>344096561
>tone
>story
>gameplay
>>
File: Max_Payne_2_(PC)_28.jpg (216 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
Max_Payne_2_(PC)_28.jpg
216 KB, 1024x512
2 is the best for me.
>>
>>344096561
Three is hands down the best in all respects. I still go back to it. Probably play it through once a year. Everything about it is perfect. I'm a sucker for Noir, and this game delivers it in a perfect package. Everything about the game is so satisfying. The gameplay is fucking phenomenal as is the rest of the package.
>>
>>344096561
1, because
>le constipation face
>>
1. For some reason 2 did nothing for me.
>>
1 had the best atmosphere
>>
>>344097808
swap 1 and 2 for tone and story and you have my thoughts basically.
>>
1 is best
>>
1>3>2 for me. 2 was too disjointed, too many dream sequences, too short. 3 had the best gameplay but shit story. 1 had the best story and the gameplay is still decent
>>
>>344098871
honestly i played the first one before the third and i enjoyed the third more
>>
>>344096774
>people like this post on /v/

I'm out. Bye
>>
3>1>2

All 3 were ahead of their time. Such is the pain of Max Payne.
>>
3 then 2 then 1
>>
>>344098743

I love MP2 panels.
>>
>>344096561
I like 1 and 3 equally.
>>
>>344096561
CLICK CLACK, CLICK CLACK BOOM, CLICK CLACK
>>
>>344103912
https://youtu.be/ebnTooEoq5k
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.