[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
(You) have TEN SECONDS to come out with a more challenging a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Ruvas_Forest_(5).png (60 KB, 1213x909) Image search: [Google]
Ruvas_Forest_(5).png
60 KB, 1213x909
(You) have TEN SECONDS to come out with a more challenging and satisfactory vidya experience than Ruvas Forest Hard Mode Level 1

protip: no tips, git gud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_rah5CAQ7Q&list=PLdbIwMg5fsto1d_Dqv5A9o5f-v8-ibZv-&index=3
>>
OoE is so fucking shit. That level design is trash.

It's like a whole game of being in the Clocktower; designed to annoy rather than challenge.
>>
>>344073609
I'm hoping Bloodstained will borrow a lot from OoE. It was a nice compromise bwtween the modern and classic style Castlevania games, especially on a hard mode level 1 run.
>>
>>344076442
From the demo I'm getting a lot of vibes that Bloodstained will mainly take inspiration from SotN, but with a pinch of AoS and DoS.
>>
>>344073609
Order of Ecclesia is a tedious slog with or without the level 1 cap because so much of its level design is dull.
>>344076442
>It was a nice compromise between the modern and classic
It really wasn't. It was the usual Metroidvania fare. The first part just dispensed with connecting areas in favor of linearity, but the design philosophy isn't really anything like the Classicvanias. The level 1 cap just demands more caution and good use of the glyphs.
>>
Beating a OSU beatmap made by some fucking jap on 20 different kinds of drugs to the point it follows no rhythm and is just a clusterfuck of notes and its not even a good song that you only want to beat for bragging rights like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkAWTw4yItQ

Or just playing a actually good beat map like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3QjSMXRYnQ
>>
>>344077420
>>344076442

There's literally nothing wrong with OoE's level design, you just don't like it.
>>
>>344079180
>significant number of people people don't like level design
>nothing wrong with it
>>
>>344073609

Order had a budget of 500,000 dollars.
>>
>>344079180
I liked how aesthetically varied the various areas are, but structurally it has too many flat hallways. The first part of the game doesn't even truly have exploration to rely on which makes things even more boring.
>>
>>344076442
Bloodstained basically has the soul system from AoS and DoS.
>>
>>344080743

And it is one of the best handheld Castlevanias. Good job, Iga!
>>
>>344082082

Most of them had a budget around 1 million.
>>
>>344077090
don't lewd the pure Charlotte
>>
>>344073609
Wizardry 4
>>
>>344082361

Just goes to show you how much love Iga had for the series. I hope Bloodstained is as good.....
>>
>>344082467
Please tell me more about it
>>
>>344079180
It could be better, but it's no worse than in any of the other exploration-focused Castlevania games. The game also makes up for it somewhat with it's enemies; many of them have no need of clever placement in order to be threatening and fun to engage.
>>
File: 1467432822675.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1467432822675.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1200
>>344082680
>>
>>344073609
>you have 10 seconds
id prefer 13
>>
File: charlottevacuum.jpg (210 KB, 700x947) Image search: [Google]
charlottevacuum.jpg
210 KB, 700x947
>>344082456
But the game does that already.
>>
>>344073609
>it's not even a metroidvania
>run animation is a poor man's alucard

who would play this...
>>
>>344082584

It shows he can pull off good games on a tight budget. A good manager is key.
>>
castlevania IV

just kidding. that game is clunky shit.
>>
>>344079180
>every castlevania is full of copypasted backgrounds/enemies/design and tedious gameplay
>OOE is the only one that gets called out on it.

face it, you just hate playing as a female.

also

>/v/ constantly complains about how easy sotn is
>OOE actually puts up a challenge
>"WAAHHH! IT'S TOO HARD"

this fanbase is pure cancer. you shits don't deserve another good game.
>>
>>344088045
>sotn too easy
>ooe too hard

wow, it's almost like there's more than one person on the internet and they have different opinions, you fucking nigger
>>
OoE is very good. It's just different. It's only flaw is level design is a bit too simple. But that could be explained by the tight budget and fast development time. It focuses more on combat than exploration. It's very fast paced action. The weapon system is PERFECT. MP acts like a stamina bar for regular attacks. Hearts are for special attacks.
>>
I only played OoE, but do other games have that trial level that used magnetism in OoE has in post game? That was the most fun I had with the game.
>>
>>344088493

No. Other games give you a double jump.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.