[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vid eos/view/zero-punctuatio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (2 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1334x750
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/116901-Mighty-No-9-Review

>the game is bad because it's your fault for being too hype

I like him but he says some of the dumbest shit sometimes.
>>
Well he's not wrong.

Getting excited about a video game nowadays is you setting yourself up for a case of disappointment and/or a case of "this is fine.gif".

If you don't care and don't get excited, the only thing that can happen is you either continue not caring and not getting excited or you are surprised.

Expect too much, and it's your own fault for getting his by reality.

Game is shit regardless of what he said btw.
>>
>>344063820
You can blame people for getting themselves hyped but some of the blame still lies on Inafune, he's a businessman and he knows how to play people.
>>
Well it's basically his rant on kickstarter, and if anything he should be tougher on it, because so far it has proved time and again to be a scam engine and nothing else. He did fail to assess how bad MN9 situation was because he avoids any information on games preemptively, so of course he didn't see the massive fiascos it had at every front, constantly pissing on its core audience. So sure, if you have no idea what this game is all you can see is just a mediocre trash, while the people engaged in the fandom will see a particularly smelly pile of shit.
>>
>>344063421
>it's your fault for being too hype
I agree, only a brain dead underaged moron would have been hyped for a small budget like that.
>>
>>344063421
When you're expecting the second coming of Christ everything else is going to look like shit. The game wouldn't be getting so much hate if the hype train had any brakes, it would just have been quickly forgotten as another uninspired game.
>>
MN9 was shit and nobody cares about it anymore.
On side Yahtzee note, LDO was pretty damn boring lately. And I don't even think it's because of them playing decent games, I think they kinda stumbled into some sort of routine. Every week it's couple minutes talking about the game, then a word or two about any world news from their uninformed australian porch, then straight to the questions provided by their dicksucky reddit fans asking them how to live your life to be as great as them.
>>
>>344064854

Is that fuck gabe still tagging along?

Goddamn I hate that dude so much, what a giant faggot he is.

Is he still a giant pussy whipped "i did drugs once long ago i know stuff, pay attention to me" faggot?
>>
What I'm most impressed by I'd that this sack of shit's production and humour hasn't improved in 15 fucking years.
>>
Hype is the biggest killer of a game.
>>
>>344065134
I dunno, Yahtzee always pissed me off more with his "I have zero understanding of anything outside my middle-class British life, but I'm such a massive genius that my views on everything are objective truths and you all should line up to suck my dick" attitude. I get especially pissy when that faggot has the nerve to give people advices on becoming a writer when his entire writing career was a publisher knocking on his door with a contract ready because he had audience from his dick joke videos. Surely people at his level don't need advice from someone making his living from knob gags and people who actually are below him on that scale should have completely different priorities and attitudes when it comes to trying to make a career.
>>
>>344064065
Divinity OS was good
>>
>>344066469

Both of them are giant faggots at some point in time, Gabe is just a less interesting giant faggot.

Holy shit he never stops blathering on and on, like he has a gun to his head almost.

And he's a fucking idiot too, and you can't say shit about him being an idiot because he's the first person to tell you he's a fucking idiot.

The first few videos of that stuff was okay but as time passed, Gabe loosened up and started talking about the worst, most boring shit ever.

Good fucking lord, he's like that story telling afro jew fuckhead from that newest game grumps thing, he's such a moron.

He lacks any sorta self awareness on a scale that matters.

That one episode where him and Yahtzee start arguing about how Gabe needs to start summarizing and stop going on and on, holy hell you can just tell this wasn't the first time Yahtzee had to go over this with him, like Gabe is a fucking child or something.

Shit's embarrassing and I hate him. Tremendously.
>>
File: deepspacebros.jpg (62 KB, 621x459) Image search: [Google]
deepspacebros.jpg
62 KB, 621x459
>Get reminded that ZP exists
>watch the E3 episode
>Reveals his Star Trek Powerlevel
Attaboy you gain this anon's +1 repect
>>
>>344066752
Not when compared to Divinity 2. They deliberately made a step back technologically to please the fans, when what they should've done was to push forward and refine the ideas. Divinity 2 had a beautiful world full of verticality that you traveled and flew around, OS threw it all away and went back to twenty-years old isometric perspective because they were making a game for their kickstarter fans and knew there's no point to try and make a good modern game, just feed the fans exactly what they've already had before. 2 and Dragon commander may have been clunky games, but they were trying new and interesting directions instead of wallowing in the nostalgia.
>>
>>344063421
hes right

its not even that bad, just not especially good either. /v/ is just overreacting because im guessing a good amount of people on here backed it
>>
File: 1155522306.webm (416 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1155522306.webm
416 KB, 512x384
>>344063421
>I have never played Mega Man so I'm totally unbiased
>but I totally know that Mega Man has always innovated gameplay and that MN9 is only a mediocre game in comparison

I mean I agree with him on quite a few things regarding MN9's gameplay design but I really don't see any reason to listen to a single thing he says towards this game.
>>
>>344069447
He's proven many times he has neither skill nor knowledge in video games. This man actually believes From never made a game outside of souls and King's field series. And KF he only knows of because it was souls' predecessor as mentioned somewhere on reddit or Vaati.
>>
>>344063421
Yahtzee was always of an opinion that nothing was as good as you remember it.
>>
File: image.png (246 KB, 386x339) Image search: [Google]
image.png
246 KB, 386x339
>>344069841
>constantly boasts about how hardcoar he is because he plays dark souls
>hates it when people in the comments tell him how easy something he found hard is

I like ZP but the double standards that yahtzee has for games in general pisses me the fuck off sometimes
>>
>>344071223
For real? But when he talks about Souls game he praises them for the way they don't hold your hand or how the world/levels are designed if I remember right, not because "lol such hard game amirite"
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 422x227) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 422x227
>>344063421
>look inplau dark souls i'm a hardcore gaymer
>why are AAA games so forgiving all the time they should be as hard as they were back then
>look how quickly i finished this game it's bad because it's easy
>UGH I HATE THE LIFE SYSTEM IT'S TOO HARD AND ANCIENT

What's this guys fucking problem?
>>
>>344063421
>he's a stayer
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>344063421
>the game is bad because
he specifically said the game isn't bad, it's just not very good either
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QMYnK_va44&t=40m

who was in the wrong here
>>
>>344063421
He often says certain games (like HL3) shouldn't come out because they can't live up to the hype, but I really don't understand that line of thinking. Especially strange coming from a man who thinks hype should be avoided.

Isn't it fine if it just comes out and is good?
>>
>>344063421

>le fast talking australian
kys
>>
>>344064065
>it has proved time and again to be a scam engine and nothing else.
People really like Shovel Knight, Yahtzee included.
>>
>>344074847
It's fine for smart people who don't get stupidly hyped over things like a 5 year old at christmas.

Unfortunately most people aren't smart, so they'd cry about the game not meeting their impossible expectations.
>>
>>344069841
I used to find Yahtzee funny and enjoyed his videos, but this shit has gotten annoying to where I can't stand his shitty jokes and surface-level reviews, especially not with his pretentious snarky voice and desire to shit on people who actually enjoy games
>>
>>344075045
>Unfortunately most people aren't smart, so they'd cry about the game not meeting their impossible expectations.
But shouldn't people like that just be ignored? Why care if they're disappointed?
>>
>>344066469
To be fair, Mogworld and Jam are perfectly decent reads.

He does have a huge problem in giving everyone the same kind of humor as his ZP stuff.
>>
>>344073808
Yahtzee. Gabe's argument made perfect sense if you bothered to think about it just a little bit. Enjoying a game and appreciating it are two different things.
>>
>>344069447
he's proven time and time again that he's a scrub who only talks smart
now he thinks he's hardcore because he believes souls are hard but remember how he whined about demon's souls being too hard
he also somehow combines being an edgy contrarian with being a niwaka (bandwagon jumper for you baka gaijins) of the lowest sort.

in short his opinions are worthless but he sometimes can be funny
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.