[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://gonintendo.com/stories/26085 5-dragon-quest-vii-local
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1445321509790.png (543 KB, 700x987) Image search: [Google]
1445321509790.png
543 KB, 700x987
http://gonintendo.com/stories/260855-dragon-quest-vii-localization-returns-to-midi-music
Why does Square hate western DQ fans so much?
Is the western version of DQ8 have no save system and require a password to access your game?
Is DQB going to have massive input lag just to fuck with people
>>
>>344060352
who cares post more tits
>>
>>344060352
I doubt that was a Square decision, it was likely a Treehouse decision.
>>
They probably couldn't get the rights to use the Tokyo Symphonic Orchestra soundtrack in the West.

I personally don't care unless they fuck with the DQ8 soundtrack. Actually, did the 3DS game use the orchestra music from the western release or did it stick with the JP midi music?

>>344062348
Why would Treehouse be involved in the soundtrack?
>>
Revenge for DQ8 ps2
>>
>>344063040
They could get the rights, but that would cost more money.
3DS version in japan of 8 has orchestra too
>>
>>344062348
>le blame treehouse for everything meme

the salt is real
>>
>>344060352
>some guy in the comments mentioned star fox zero

wait, what? did the japanese version have different music or is he just referencing star fox assault
>>
>>344063040
>They probably couldn't get the rights to use the Tokyo Symphonic Orchestra soundtrack in the West.
I doubt the Tokyo Symphonic Orchestra has a stick up their ass about their work being released in other countries, try "too fucking cheap to get the rights"

>>344063040
Because Nintendo is apparently the publisher.
>>
>>344060352
Anon please stop making these threads.

I fucking hate SE with passion for this but understand that people here are corporate cocksuckers that will tell you entitled for asking basic stuff like this.
>>
>>344060352
Who cares? I just want the game already, I'm happy they are finally bringing the DQ games to the west.
>>
>>344064141
DQ7 and DQ8 were already here
>>
File: 1448590215250.jpg (63 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1448590215250.jpg
63 KB, 700x700
>>344060352
That really fucking sucks. I love the dragon quest orchestra music.

But i will still play it. the 3DS speakers are ass so they wouldn't do the orchestra music justice...
>>
>>344064295
the 3DS ones, If these don't sell well Square will never localize another game
>>
>>344064021
If it's a budget issue, then it's understandable. This would mean that it would require less profit for it to be successful, thus also possibly making DQ localizations more viable.

But now we'll run into the problem of DQ8 voices. Did the 3DS version have voices added? If not, then they can't just bring over the PS2 dub due to the new content and I doubt anyone would budget for that.
>>
>>344066001
Yes the 3DS jap version has voices
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.