[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck to so many people enjoy streaming culture when Twitch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9
File: twitch.jpg (25 KB, 800x366) Image search: [Google]
twitch.jpg
25 KB, 800x366
Why the fuck to so many people enjoy streaming culture when Twitch has a fuck awful userbase?
>>
Awful userbase depends on the streamer.
The Twitch userbase in general is pretty broad and varied.
>>
>>344053850

The level of cancer depends on the streamer.

If it's a frontpage camwhore or XDRANDUMBXD gamer then the chat will be full of utter cancer spam.

Look for the streams with less than 100 viewers. That's where the comfy shit is my man.
>>
I just like watching my friends play games that we like. No need to bring donations or any of the awful userbase into it at all.

And sometimes to watch Starcraft tournaments too. But you can always hide the chat for that.
>>
>>344054259
I don't fuck with twitch but generally, smaller communities are enjoyable because of less retards. Hell, even smaller YouTube channels can make let's plays enjoyable if their banter is OK. Been watching Hellfirecomms since 2008 and whilst it's a shame the poor motherfucker is making a living with only 30K subs and a commentary group they inspired is at 60K, the community is pretty chill.
>>
>>344053850
you mean the same userbase that laughed while a guy beat his girlfriend on camera? sounds to like /v/ would fit right in.
>>
People like spamming memes because it makes them feel like part of a sekrit klub, and idiots like to laugh at over-the-top reactions.

/thread
>>
>>344053850
how are you on 4chan if twitch triggers you?

the wall of text spam is annoying but otherwise the chat can be funny
>>
>>344054720
>funny
Barely as funny as /v/tards.
>>
>>344054259
CohhCarnage isn't too bad, occasional cringe but he's pretty chill, same with TrU3 talent & Cdew.
>>
>Why the fuck to so many people enjoy watching videos when YouTube has a fuck awful userbase?

>Why the fuck to so many people enjoy <playing game> when <game> has a fuck awful userbase?

If you're being serious, just watch smaller communities, or your friends.
>>
>>344053850
Small streams can be quite comfy if the streamer is chill and the other viewers are friendly and nice to chat with. As soon as you start going over 100 viewers it's when the quality of the chat quickly declines
I generally don't watch streams though except for one

>tfw you want the streamer you watch to become more popular but don't want the chat to become shit
>especially because you mod the chat and will have to deal with it being shit everytime there's a stream

>>344054720
The wall of text spam is only fun when it's shit like an E3 stream. If you're watching an actual streamer and the chat is just a constant barrage of stupid memes and any random shit spewed out of someone's mouth, it's awful
>>
Did you know Twitch has a section where you can watch people eat [spolier]casually[/spoiler]?
>>
>>344053850
Because those people are also awful and are part of that culture? That's how your average person on the internet acts. People on /v/ are just as shitty they just happen to be even more elitist about it.

Also the community of a streamer is usually a reflection of the streamer themselves. Of course the ones with 10,000+ viewers are going to have the shittiest chats, but they also are likely filled with stream gimmicks to create the most artificial hype and donations. Faggots like Maximillian Dood and Kripp are going to be the worst people on there.

Twitch is just another type of social media at this point. It is a way for lonely people like myself to feel some resemblance of a community centered around hobbies they enjoy. When I was in middleschool I would go hangout with friends and play games almost every day afterschool. When I was in highschool I would play on Xbox Live with friends everyday at night, and then hang out in person over the weekends. It slowly dropped in college and now out of college I barely talk with any of them anymore.

Something like Twitch chat replicates that sort of feeling (not perfectly of course) for a lot of people who are now probably in their early to mid 20s or maybe even in their 30s. In a world where things like couch coop is becoming obsolete, you still get a sort of sense of familiarity with someone else through Twitch. It can be a great place for that.

It's also good for unscripted entertainment. A lot of people, myself included, will just have Twitch streams run in the background and occasionally chime in. A shit ton of people do this at work especially if they have office jobs. It's different than a regular show because it isn't scripted or prerecorded so there is a sense of randomness that makes it more interesting.

I used to shit on Twitch, but then I finally understood its appeal and now I think it's a really brilliant idea.
>>
File: photo (1).jpg (93 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo (1).jpg
93 KB, 900x900
What does /v/ think of GaB? Is she a good streamer?
>>
File: atp.png (669 KB, 632x598) Image search: [Google]
atp.png
669 KB, 632x598
>not watching the only three streamers worthy of being vieweed
>>
>>344053850
>meme arrows on twitch chat

stop doing this, faggots
>>
File: GaBlin.png (156 KB, 1145x490) Image search: [Google]
GaBlin.png
156 KB, 1145x490
>>344056209
She's a cute goblin.
>>
>>344053850
Mob mentallity my man.

more people, less intelligence
>>
>>344056972
A cute goblin that asks for you to pay her $25 a month on her shitty Gamewisp to get to talk to her like some kind of a celeb.
>>
>>344056972
>>344057476
we know it's you mandellla and that one guy that always complains about GaB in threads
>>
File: 1443292025577.jpg (17 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1443292025577.jpg
17 KB, 268x265
>>344053850
For the same reason people on this site spurge out over that fucking frog

Some people are very autistic
>>
>start channel
>immediately make donation button
>over react to everything

Why aren't people donating yet.
>>
File: 1454936827664.gif (919 KB, 272x181) Image search: [Google]
1454936827664.gif
919 KB, 272x181
>it a "you must subscribe to have the honor of talking on my chat" streamer
>>
>>344057657
Just because people don't like the stupid cunt doesn't mean it's some literally who that you guys keep mentioning.
>>
File: 1447134344156.jpg (104 KB, 634x543) Image search: [Google]
1447134344156.jpg
104 KB, 634x543
>that feel when shitter streamers like GoldGlove are about to get fucked
>>
>>344053850
Aspergers with a side case of autism.
>>
File: DonutBoy.jpg (174 KB, 1500x975) Image search: [Google]
DonutBoy.jpg
174 KB, 1500x975
>its a girl caked in make up with tits almost completely out for attention and money stream
>>
Hitbox is a million times comfier. Even YouTube Gaming is better.

I don't know how Twitch became the king of streaming with how shitty it is.
>>
>>344058546
oh sure, because any random /v/irgin is going to know about a certain relatively small youtuber/streamer, especially with the mention of >>344057476 that would require ongoing insight on her channel which I doubt anyone that would have gone to the lengths of following her out of hate for 10 months since her biggest "spotlight" on /v/.
>>
File: free shrugs.png (450 KB, 449x642) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.png
450 KB, 449x642
I streamed a few games a while back. About 15-25 people usually watched, it was pretty comfy. Haven't cared enough to bother setting up to stream anything or play any games on a semi-regular schedule again though.
>>
>>344053850
I just hate the apologist userbases like the ones defending relic entertainment shit
>>
>>344056723
the fuck happened to the face on the guy on the right?
>>
>>344061159
It's shopped. All three of their heads are shopped, albeit really nicely done
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.