[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last Guardian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 392x431) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 392x431
Well /v/, after all these years how is iy going to turn out? Will it be another dissapointment like Phantom Pain or even worse DNF, or did Team Ico spent all the time creating masterpiece that will surpass SotC?
>preordered CE anyway because of my love for Team Ico, expect huge remorse
>>
From what I've seen, Trico looks like a huge step up in AI. It reacts like a real animal and it's almost jarring seeing this realistic creature interact with a cartoony looking video game character. It might be a dull experience but I think it will be remembered for having amazing AI.
>>
>>344053552
Judging by how overrated and shit ico and shadow of the colossus are, no, it will flat flat on its ass.
>>
>>344053936
Ico is overrated, but was very inventive for it's time inspiring games with AI characters like Sand Of Times. SotC is legit good game with good bosses and story. Also melancholic and minimalistic atmosphere and great art design really make them memorable. And goat soundtrack.
>>
>>344053787
What did they do so many years? Improving AI?
>>
>>344054175
Atmosphere and art design are meaningless buzzwords. music is irrelevant. you're playing a game for GAMEplay, and the gameplay for SoTC is horrid. Oh but it was intentional? No, that doesn't excuse it from being clunky, cumbersome, cryptic, basic, and shit.
>>
>>344054175
2deep4u shit. If it was an indie game made by a white guy, no one here would care about that piece of shit game and would call it pretentious drivel. But it's japanese, so it's the hottest shit ever. It also has terrible tutorials in how it blatantly plops the controls in your face like a fucking baby.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (36 KB, 596x649) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
36 KB, 596x649
>>344054828
>you're playing a game for GAMEplay
>let me tell you why you're playing that game
>>
>>344054828
>>344054828
I can see all the problems people have with Ico since it didn't age well. But I can't understand you complains about gameplay. Simple promise of boss rush game where every boss is different an puzzle-like. Yet it works well because each new collosus is different and fights are actually emotional. Cryptic, basic and shit are buzzwords too pal.
>>
>>344054828
Ok Autismo. VIDEO games are a visual media, as well as audial. With out art, design, and atmosphere you have Atari games. All of those things are a part of the same experience and they use each other to create the experience. Art and music can effect peoples emotions (something people with autism dont have)
>>
>>344054828
nice post, kid.
>>
>>344054828
Die hard gameplay purists are the worst possible.
>>
>>344053552
It'll be fucking shit.

No one barely talked about it at E3, wanna know why?

Because they played it and didn't like it, so Sony paid them to not talk shit about it so everyone'll still think it'll be a masterpiece before it even releases.
>>
File: 1214013578012.jpg (48 KB, 593x503) Image search: [Google]
1214013578012.jpg
48 KB, 593x503
it will never come out
>>
>>344055581
Source needed
Oh right this is /v/
>>
>>344053552
I wont be playing this soley for the reason that I know Trico will die in the end.
>>
File: colecovision1c.jpg (110 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
colecovision1c.jpg
110 KB, 800x522
>>344055458
I'd much rather play Colecovision games that emphasize gameplay innovation and replayability than a one-and-done piece of 2deep4u story shit like Shadow of the Colossus. You see pic-related? That's called fun. These are games. Shadow of the Colossus is movie shit. You beat it, it's over. No replayability, no diversity, just focus on orchestrated music that belongs in a movie.
>>
>>344054828
Why the fuck are you such a faggot.
>>
>>344055581
I really do wonder why they didn't release it back in Ps3 days. Everyone but SotC fans forgot about it's existence. And you can't sell it to new generation because it didn't play SotC so they think it's some children game.
>>
>>344054828
SotC is a good game to PLAY. you're a fucking idiot, stop being edgy for the sake of it
>>
>>344055519
Go read a book.
>>
never played Ico/SotC, and I've had a hard time emulating it well, do I need to play them before this game?
>>
>>344056086
you dont need to do anything, go die in a ditch
>>
>>344055963
Let's see here.

Empty world, bosses that just amount to grabbing and platforming, and stabbing repeatedly and that's it.

Sounds like shit desu
>>
>>344056196
no u
>>
>>344055793
I don't have a source, I can just tell by the way Sony are marketing it.

Why didn't they show off more gameplay at their E3 conference?

Why did they give precedence to Horizon and God of War when TLG comes out in October?

It all adds up, Sony aren't impressed by the near-final product of TLG and they were scared of the possibility of people thinking Team Ico's next "masterpiece" would be a flop, so they didn't show much footage at all to keep the hype levels high.
>>
>>344053552
DNF had a number of its own issues like getting passed about a bunch of different devs and getting remade every time, and Phantom Pain was a cross between Kojima being unable to budget and Konami going full pachinko

So far, TLG doesn't have either of those issues, but it is possible for them to shit the bed. I'm on the optimistic side, for the time being, unless something else comes on to really destroy hype
>>
>>344056086
Aren't they all in the same universe? I wouldn't say it's a must, but would recommend them anyway. Beautiful and depressing games, Ico is boring gameplay-wise, but only 5 hours long anyway so worth it for atmosphere, design and music. SotC is one of essential PS2 games, it's on list of best games ever made for a reason.
>>
>>344055842
Imagine being this much of a sperg that you deny yourself the chance to play certain games because you can't replay it a thousand times like a robot.
>>
>>344056343
>I don't hae a source, I'm just pulling it out of my ass

Shit speculation discarded
>>
>>344055963
Go play Uncharted, faggot.
>>
>>344056343
because its a niche game for a niche audience
>>
>>344056343
To be fair their conference was less than an hour long and they had to fit a lot of games in the timeframe, it really should have been longer though.
My best guess would be that they're going to release some gameplay videos later this month or in August.
>>
>>344056559
People have been clamoring for TLG ever since 2009 you deluded idiot.
>>
>>344056280
Let's see here

Only one world, no bosses, you just move around corners and eat little blips and ghosts repeatedly and that's it.

Sounds like shit desu

I just described Pacman. Every game can be made to sound like shit when you want them to sound like shit. If you don't like it fine, but fuck off out of this thread.
>>
>>344056412
>it's on list of best games ever made for a reason
>trusting cancerous gaming journos ever
And would that be for? Making games more like movies?
>>
>>344056710
that's because pacman's shit.

robotron's better.

Also

>unironically liking sotc
>>>reddit
>>
>>344056343
Horizon and GoW are blockbusters. LG is niche game stuck in development hell made for small audience. Basically just to show Sony supports art devs. Didn't Ico and SotC sell badly and had no marketing as well?
>>
>>344056872
>>344056648
>>
>>344056963
Everybody thought it's dead after year 2012 or so passed pal.
>>
>>344056868
A. When did I ever say I liked SotC?
B. That wasn't the point of my post, dipshit
>>
File: sony bvm.png (513 KB, 857x479) Image search: [Google]
sony bvm.png
513 KB, 857x479
>>344056648
Yeah and people were clamoring for a MIrror's Edge sequel, yet nobody on /v/ has talked about it once since it came out.

The same will be with the last guardian. it's shit. modern triple a gaming is shit. Just watch the story on youtube, it'll save you 60 bucks. Or better yet, go watch How the West Was Won if you want a good story, you cancerous piece of shit. No video games have good stories.
>>
>>344056868
>unironically linking to reddit
Board indeed became canccerous. Thread about upcoming game turned into "reee I think game's shit so it's shit"-autism.
>>
>>344057152
Oh oh we are using "go watch cinema or art" for an argument. Well, my favorite directors are Rivette, Teriyama, Pasolini and Yang. What would you recommend me? :^)
>>
>>344054542
I haven't played it yet so I can't say anything about the AI... but the devs are more artsy than technical. They probably redid art, design, music and everything multiple times.
I wish there were documentaries about the development of some games, not too in depth or anything, but detailed enough just to cover all of the changes that go on. These devs are pretty humble artists and its always seemed like a shame to me that they don't even talk about the scrapped colossi.
>>
>>344057598
I don't watch "arthouse."

Actually watch GOOD films that actually utilize conventions, rules, and systems to their fullest.

White Heat, Forbidden Planet, The Color of Money, A New Leaf, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, Death Wish, The American Friend for starters.
>>
>>344055842
I think this guy is trolling now, should have recognized it on his first post though.
>>
>>344058534
This place isn't an echochamber and it isn't a place for shit-eating plebs. Modern gaming is fucking horrid with only a few solid exceptions like rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa, and Arma 3. But other than that, everything is casual bullshit with a story attached trying to get "feels" points made by a bunch of film school dropouts. Actually utilize the MEDIUM and create innovative challenging gameplay not a fucking story.
>>
File: 1434267640986.jpg (23 KB, 352x482) Image search: [Google]
1434267640986.jpg
23 KB, 352x482
>>344056047
>I'd much rather play colecovision
>You don't think gameplay is above all? Read a book
>>
>>344058063
Not him but, what are some other movies you like? I want to see beyond than "for starters".
>>
File: b8.png (42 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
b8.png
42 KB, 500x501
>>344056868
>unironically liking sotc
>>>reddit
>>
>>344059061
Do you like Nintendo games or something?
>>
>>344060058
Nintendo have always been flaccid, casual, and homogenized.

Midway, Taito, Atari, and Sega were prime masters of their craft.
>>
>>344055103
>2deep4u
There's nothing deep about either game. They both have straightforward stories, and SoTC is easily the best example of cinematic gaming done right.
But what am I doing arguing with Summer.
>>
>>344059835
I bet you like Half Life and Metal Gear as well.

Good fucking lord, this board is getting embarrassing.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT GET YOUR TASTE IN GAMES FROM A "GREATEST GAMES OF ALL TIME" LIST. DO NOT TRUST CANCEROUS GAMING JOURNOS THAT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT GAMES. GAMES ARE NOT MOVIES AND SHOULDN'T STRIVE TO BE
>>
>>344060460
Their thematic implications and execution are ostentatious and ham-handed lacking subtlety and refinement.
>>
>>344061129
Oh so first it's too deep, then you feel they are implying themes but not subtly enough. So which is it, too deep or not deep enough?
1) You're digging too deep for what is a story simple enough to tell without any dialogue or narration, which is the case specifically because they like to leave things open to interpretation ONLY because there's a large demographic into that.
2) You're being overly analytical of what is primarily their vehicle to deliver an ideal cinematic gaming experience, in terms of visual, auditory and gameplay.
3) Your post sounds like something a pretentious English Lit major or a /lit/fag who believes every story should follow set standards.
>>
>>344053552
>Will it be another disappointment like Phantom Pain
No because it will have a beginning, middle, and ending.

Whether or not it will be better than SotC is a tough call. I feel like it'll just be a better version of Ico which wasn't that great, but it does look very engaging working with Trico and it also appears to be a hybrid of previous games.
>>
>>344053552
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were 10/10 so there isn't a reason why TLG will be shit or disappointing.
>>
>>344058063
What would you recommend for someone that likes Tarantino?
>>
>>344064395
SoTC was much more broadly accessible while being engaging & delivering a great cinematic/gameplay blend. Ico was amazing for its time, but nowhere near as engaging or accessible when compared side-to-side.
>>
>>344064809
Sounds like at this point their games can only get better and better
>>
>>344064784
Drinking bleach.
>>
>>344065995
>he hates best modern director

Kill yourself
>>
>>344065016
There's never a point hyping something up, it's always best to have neutral expectations.
And like >>344063907 said, it seems TLG is leaning more toward Ico's style than SoTC's, so my reply was in favor of TLG not doing that well.
>>
>>344065995
I bet you are the type oft guy who drinks wine to impress girls at College
>>
>>344066180
You mean one of the most incompetent, but it's okay. It's an easy mistake many low-fruit hanging saliva-dripping neanderthals make. And it's okay to be one, just don't' converse with me in any substantial manner.
>>
You will have to kill Trico to beat the game, screencap this.
>>
>>344067070
How is he incompetent? You can't make these claims and not back them up anon
>>
File: 1467833054910.jpg (19 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
1467833054910.jpg
19 KB, 400x299
>>344068041
Either the boy dies or Trico dies It's so fucking predictable you dont even have to fucking finish the game, how did it come to this?
>>
>>344064809

Pretty and cinematic in style but not substance.

I feel people havent played sotc in years, its a bunch of assclown fights with too-simple solutions.
Shitty climbing and a horrid camera.
>>
>>344068904
Granted, it's far from being hardcore or even very difficult. My point is that it managed to deliver what it set out to do to great success.
>>
>>344068379
Yes, that's all there is to video games and "twists".

The start is pointless, the setup is pointless, the epilogue is pointless.
>>
>>344071269

I'm just saying its absolutely no different to Ico.
Its was impressive for its time.

So the best we can expect is a game that would've been good ten years ago in gameplay.
>>
>>344064809
SoTC hasn't aged well at all. It plays horribly with muddy terrible graphics and simplistic repetitive platforming.
>>
>>344057765

Well that, and at some point Sony asked them to shift gears for PS4, which was probably 2012 or so, after the collection came out.

Ueda did mention having a lot of trouble making Trico believable, and nailing the gameplay he envisioned.
>>
>>344072302

Speak for yourself, it aged just fine to me, even the PS2 version.
>>
>>344068379

Or they just get separated.

Why do people keep assuming someone must die? After two games where hardly anybody dies, it doesn't seem like this is going to be much different.

Odds are, something happens and Trico is forced to part ways with the boys, possibly shepherding him to a safe location so that he can flee to civilization on his own.

Then they'll probably tease us with Trico's wings being restored and implying he'll possibly fly away to rejoin the boy.
>>
File: 1453924558755.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1453924558755.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>344054828
Daily reminder this guy is a self-admitted 30 year old manchild autismo who's only frame of reference for SOTC and Ico is emulating them on a shitty $30 PC 2 years ago. He didnt play them on release so he largely doesn't know why those games were praised and considered legendary because of just how unique they were at the same, a game in which nothing like it had ever been done beffore.

Daily reminder this 30 year old fat cuck with no chin wants to bring the industry back to Atari era simply because he's too fucking dumb to deal with the fact that there are different types of games that exist now and that the industry has largely changed and expanded since his time. Fucking let go you fat prick, there are still gameplay focused games that exist on various platform yet you never play them, all you want to play is retro shit because you're stuck in time, why even have the gall to complain about non-gameplay focused games when you're going to go right ahead and ignore the modern ones? I don't see you playing SOTB or Nioh/Bloodborne or any rhythm games, because all you want to play is retro shit and stick your fingers in your ears and complain like a fucking baby when confronted with the true.

Grow some fucking balls you fat cuck and develop some taste. Expand your taste even and stop being a jaded fucking cuck who's stuck in your ''golden age'', the medium has changed, there are more different types of games now, deal with it. And if the problem is that you cant appreciate art beyond retro sprites then kill yourself now, I can only imagine just how miserable your life is due to such a lack of imagination and appreciate for artistic escapism. Fat Cuck Die Now.
>>
It will be another disappointment like TPP. Why?

Because /v/ and everyone else have overhyped it to obscene levels just like they did with TPP

There's no way it delivers
>>
>>344073464
>Because /v/ and everyone else have overhyped it to obscene levels just like they did with TPP
Nobody on /v/ has fucking over hyped TLG, they've only said SOTC and Ico were great games. Ever since TLG threads started popping up last year, people have just been largely reserved but happy to play it
>>
>>344073041
>19-30 fps
>aging well

sure
>>
>>344054828

Gameplay may indeed be one of the important parts of a game, but you're wrong about it being shit.

Is it clunky? At times, sure, but never to the point that you can't master it. I assume basic means having no depth, which is untrue. You can perform tricks on Aggro for getting onto colossi and Wander can make some gymnastic leaps if controlled just right.

What the hell does cryptic mean? How can controls be mysterious and vague? That literally is impossible to be a thing.
>>
>>344073848
Fuck off PC faggot.

I played SOTC the other day and the game had me and clenching my teeth and controller, still as fun and immersive as ever. I feel sorry for fat miserable pricks like you who cant enjoy games anymore
>>
This will be so much of a failure that people will forget about it a month after release. It's a bunch of outdated, scripted shit that controls like absolute ass.

TPP wasn't a disappointment.
>>
>>344073768
>Ever since TLG threads started popping up last year
>last year

people have been shitposting about it since it was a concept

every E3 thread filled with practical begging for it
>>
>>344073848

Nobody but autists care about fps. The game played fine as it was then, and even better on PS3.
>>
>>344071557
Ico's puzzles were more traditional in the sense that they were presented to you as mind-bending puzzles.

SoTC had the fact that the puzzles were challenging bosses at the same time going for it, as well as, & I repeat this cuz it's important, cinematic effect.
>>
>>344074698

Right, but again the only value of that was in its timing.
Its exceptional - back then.
Its so extremely simple, clunky and quite outright generic today that people really should stick the "for its time" tag on SotC too, not just Ico.

For how much "we" love this game its exceptional parts are exactly what we fucking hate in todays "cinematic" games.
>>
I bet its going to be a good game and it will be either frustrating or rewarding depending on how good you are at understanding the chimera friend.

Reviews will be divided of course because of this and the fact that Team Ico's games do not have background music much and instead rely on ambience and the sound of your characters.
Its been 10 years since Shadow of the Colossus and 15 since ICO. Modern gamers might not like it.

I for one would like a nice calm game like this. One that isn't indie at least. Will have fun manipulating AI and finding ways to make AI friend react.
>>
>>344075062

Except plenty of people still enjoy SotC today. Stop pretending it's somehow bad to like an old game. That shit is objectively retarded. Something that's old doesn't just become "bad", that isn't how shit works in life.
>>
>>344075145
If you want a puzzle game I suggest Qix.

If you want a platformer, I suggest Manic Miner.

Both infinitely better than this cinematic piece of shit turd shat on by cancerous developer
>>
>>344075062
>Its so extremely simple, clunky and quite outright generic today that people really should stick the "for its time" tag on SotC too

I played the game for the first time a month ago and while the camera was a little offputting at times, the boss fights were some of the most intense gameplay moments I've ever experienced, the controls are perfectly fine and responsive, the game was challenging and very enjoyable. I think you've got some rose coloured glasses on of could be contrarian who knows
>>
>>344075062
This is only partially true. Indeed, if TLG was another cinematic game the normies would eat it up, & /v/e'd probably be disappointed in it. Unless it did something new.
Most cinematic games are what now? Today's hottest cinematic games are all grounded in reality, be it story games like Life is Strange or action games like Uncharted. Wow so cinematic, yet another game focused on human drama/guns & death.
No, /v/e'd have hated that even back then. SoTC would have been successful in /v/'s eyes even today because it delivers a unique setting & experience. It's creative in comparison to shooty shooty bang bang #90210.
>>
>>344075405

>Except plenty of people still enjoy SotC today.

Source: your shitty ass
Solid piece of argument anyway, you can enjoy something objectively bad too you know.

Time doesn't make it bad.
Having 25000 titles follow you and do the exact same thing that was your "thing" again and again does though.

Something can be seen as amazing just becase its "new", which is the case with SotC.
People remember it being exceptional because - AT THAT TIME, it was.
But thats not a measure of quality that stands over time.

Everything sotc does - I've already seen done better, many things much better.
>>
>>344075747
>I think you've got some rose coloured glasses on of could be contrarian who knows

And I think my gaming experience eclipses yours by massive magnitudes, if those simple climbs, simple puzzles and fights that 80% is you holding a trigger and waiting.
>>
The fact that they claim they can't show any more of the gameplay without spoiling the story leads me to believe the game will be short. Like, 10 hours or less, short. Good luck ever having non-console war discussions about the game if that's the case
>>
>>344075808
>People remember it being exceptional because - AT THAT TIME, it was.
>But thats not a measure of quality that stands over time.

Today I learned that quality is temporary and relative to a games release window.
>>
>>344075405
Look, fuck off. Get some taste. If SotC was one of the first games you played, I can understand the attachment, but for anyone with at least a modicum of intake of the medium will outright tell you SotC is irredeemable shit.

There are better platformers, there are better bosses, there are better puzzle games, there are better open worlds all without a pretentious story slapped on to lap in retards such as yourself. Now fuck off to wherever shithole you came from and never post here again.
>>
>>344075808

And the game still is amazing. Just because other games have come out doesn't mean it's any less amazing. Fuck off you autistic retard.

>>344076085

>Get some taste

Nicely memed, kiddo, nicely memed.
>>
>>344076065

I think tomorrow you should learn english for a few hours.

'Exceptional' is a measure of quality, one that does indeed not stand the test of time because it is relative to what else is available.
That changes over time - so this measure of quality will fail to hold up over time.
>>
>last guardian spiritual successor to sotc

so, are we going to get a spiritual successor to 9/11?
>>
>>344075772
There is no difference between SotC and Uncharted. They're both godawful fucking cinematic games with no nuanced complex game mechanics that lend to interesting gameplay or replayability. They are only in service of pushing the plot forward; they're bullshit.
>>
>>344076002
You can quantify most games down to any stupid measure like that but it's a reductive and a stupid argument. When the game makes you feel like you're hanging on for dear lifewhat's actually more important? Your experience or the button input?

When will you admit that you actually have a problem with people liking the game rather than the game itself? And that you have have become a jaded ultra contrarian because of it?

SOTC is more gameplay focused than Witcher 3, why don't you invade every Witcher 3 thread and shit it up but insist on coming in TLG threads?
>>
>>344076307

That's complete horseshit and you know. By your logic, Citizen Kane and the Godfather are now shit because of all the advances made in cinematography and editing, as well as the myriad of actors who have come into the spotlight and become the biggest stars of this era.
>>
>>344053552
Official Trailers:
https://youtu.be/0i0TV5r0CSc
https://youtu.be/bbhwNI8LiWs
https://youtu.be/zXLZvsSmBIs
https://youtu.be/fL2zzgW6YOo

Downgraded:

Trico's feathers are more numbered now but smaller, I think it looks a lot worse.
Fog and color grading was changed drastically. Environments look fullbright now most of the time or just bad.
They added more bloom to the game and it's not the good kind.
Less particle effects(dust and dirt for example).

Here's smoke being downgraded and you can clearly see the lighting is completely downgraded as he climbs up the tail. Basically 10x less shadowing now.
https://youtu.be/0i0TV5r0CSc?t=193
https://youtu.be/zXLZvsSmBIs?t=310

Trico doesn't even cast shadows on his own body anymore and there shadows on the temple barely exist.
https://youtu.be/zXLZvsSmBIs?t=106
https://youtu.be/bbhwNI8LiWs?t=69

Unlit braziers so no smoke, shitty environment lighting again(look inside the building, HDR is fucking gone), and Trico still has no self-shadows.
https://youtu.be/zXLZvsSmBIs?t=374
https://youtu.be/bbhwNI8LiWs?t=94

As always, the lighting and shadows are less striking.
https://youtu.be/JG854AzOHqw?t=66
https://youtu.be/bbhwNI8LiWs?t=18

This is a disgrace, after nearly 10 years of Sony talking about this game it's finally a reality but it doesn't look any better than what we saw back then, it looks worse. The downgrading is real.

The game looks almost identical to how it was before but without fog and shadows mainly.

>>344076416
You don't have to think in Uncharted games and there's almost no dynamic gameplay. SOTC is very much a climbing simulator that rewards skill and timing. The challenge mode is actually pretty hard if you want a good time.
>>
>>344076307
Look, even if there were to be 20 successful SoTC clones in the future, SoTC will stand as one of the pioneers of said series of games. Its graphics & even gameplay may not stand the test of time, but it has made its mark in history.
You're confusing graphical/stylistic quality for the overall game quality. Like many people who have a taste for the retro can appreciate older games now, people in the future will be able to appreciate SoTC, if they can play it.
>>
File: 1294505351564.jpg (49 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
1294505351564.jpg
49 KB, 450x600
>>344076449
>SOTC is more gameplay focused than Witcher 3
It is not. SOTC is a short game and Witcher 3 is long as fuck with more to do.
>>
>>344076237
>kiddo

No, kid, I'm 35. Actually play some decent games before touting SotC as anything other than mediocre sludge.

I suggest starting with Wanted: Monty Mole, Jet Set Willy, and Impossible Mission. Actually stellar platformers with emphasis on tangible, nuanced mechanics and good player progression.
>>
File: 1453500563445.jpg (149 KB, 960x620) Image search: [Google]
1453500563445.jpg
149 KB, 960x620
>>344076687
>mention witcher 3
>gladium shows up

hilarious.
>>
>>344076687

Nobody expected them to succeed with the feathers when Ueda said they would model each and every one individually. Not even a high end computer could render that if it was just Trico in a void.

As for the rest of the game, it looks exactly the same as before, not sure what you're on about with the colors and lighting.
>>
>>344076449

>makes you feel like you're hanging on for dear life

Well it needs to try harder to do that because pushing a button and looking at a circle is not the adrenaline-filled event you try to make it out to be.

If the puzzles had been more diffficult to manage maybe, but in the end everything was measured out for you, everything has that 1 way to solve thats almost readily apparent the moment you look at the colossi.

>SOTC is more gameplay focused than Witcher 3, why don't you invade every Witcher 3 thread and shit it up but insist on coming in TLG threads?

Because its also full of shiteating little faggots like you who cannot use logic just misdirection, ad-hominem and falling back on buzzwords of amazing and fun.

>>344076626

Your understanding of what I'm saying is horseshit.
>>
File: shit shadows and lighting.jpg (365 KB, 2528x688) Image search: [Google]
shit shadows and lighting.jpg
365 KB, 2528x688
>>344076906
>gladium
wut

>>344076985
It's not a big deal to do that kind of tech. There are tricks for it(you can see them in SOTC) and on newer consoles you could have them as particles(Crysis does this with a lot of things).

It looks very different and I posted tons of comparisons you can look at. It's a downgrade.
>>
>>344076862

I have, KID, and I've called you that rightly so because you're acting like a fucking brat who can't stand the idea of people liking a game just because it doesn't conform to YOUR standard.

Guess what, bucko? Your standards are not that of the majority. Even then, the majority standards are not shared by all because people have individual tastes.
>>
>>344076689

No, I do none of that.
It also helps that I don't get into conversations halfway:

>People remember it being exceptional because - AT THAT TIME, it was.

See thats what you just said, and I said it earlier!
Why?
Because the entire point all of the overdefensive nostalgia shitters here seem to have ignored just to have ammo to attack me with, was that just like Ico, SotC was also only exceptional for doing a few new things - not doing them especially well or anything, just new.
>>
>>344077148

Tricks like making "weaves" of feathers, sure. But the idea of making each feather an independent entity onto themselves is not feasible for any system, it's just unnecessary detail.

As for the differences, that's clearly just changes made by the team as they've been working on the game for ages. The lighting isn't all that different, as you can see tons of shadow in the recent trailer.
>>
>>344076687
There is little to no thought required in SotC either. There is no replayability whatsoever, no variety in mechanics, godawful lack of effort level design (newsflash not trying to make your world unique or creative as opposed to empty and large for the sake of large is not an excuse to say it's art), and terribly telegraphed puzzle progression.
>>
>>344056343
They said most of the game is story based, so they dont want to show a lot so it has some weight when you see it in game, the anti mgsv.

They could be lying, so make of it what you will.
>>
>>344076416
Yes, I know. Like I said, the objective of SoTC was to deliver an interactive cinematic experience, so the focus was more on its simple story, setting & camerawork rather than gameplay. But unlike Uncharted or other western games, like I said, it's not grounded in reality, & leans more toward the absurd, which is something the Japanese really appreciate, & something I really appreciate, & I'm certain there are a lot of /v/ikings who would appreciate it as well.

Still, if TLG tried to repeat a similar thing, it would have to be unique enough to set it as something unrelated to SoTC. I'm almost certain the devs know that.
>>
Dissapointment because peole is expecting Shadow of the Colossus 2
>>
>>344077085
>Well it needs to try harder to do that because pushing a button and looking at a circle is not the adrenaline-filled event you try to make it out to be.

That's because you're a jaded, fat, miserable and cynical prick. You don't want people to like the game because you can't anymore, just face the music you pathetic cuck.

Many people including myself do enjoy the game and experience what it sets out to do, and for that you seek to reduce the game to it's most simplest form just so you can form an argument against it that justifies your cynicism, that's the truth. In reality though the truth is much simpler, you need to kill yourself, you don't enjoy or want others to or understand why others may enjoy SOTC and you cannot accept that it can still be a fun game to people today.

MGS1's controls are clunky as all hell but that game is still extremely enjoyable and probably has more cutscene and story than SOTC.
>>
>>344077562
Setting is irrelevant when gameplay (root of why we all play games) is rooted in pushing you forward in the plot and has no creative or diverse mechanics
>>
File: sha.jpg (370 KB, 2508x720) Image search: [Google]
sha.jpg
370 KB, 2508x720
>>344077390
Lots of games render millions of particles and Tricos feathers do move individually from one another so I don't know why you're talking nonsense.

>As for the differences, that's clearly just changes made by the team as they've been working on the game for ages.
No. The game was downgraded when they ported it to PS4. Team Ico didn't even make the changes, SCE did.

The lighting is very different, I even just posted an example of that. There are waaay less shadows now and the high contrasting HDR is basically turned off.

>>344077435
>There is little to no thought required in SotC either. There is no replayability whatsoever,
You have not played it.

They focused enough on the gameplay, it's unique and polished plus the mechanics are good. The only thing that was lacking was intricate world design and more narrative.
>>
>>344077435
>There is no replayability whatsoever,

Maybe for you, but plenty of people found it replayable for just the experience alone, as well as the time trials that unlocked some great gadgets for making the fights laughably easy.
>>
>>344077740

>I enjoy eating shit and you are a jaded fat miserable cynical prick for not being able to

Call me when you are legal so I can fuck your ass kid.
Again, you are a newfag to the hobby and thus all the distraction games do works on you.
Good for you, enjoy, it does not last though.
Its natural that with experience you won't drop your draw in some fucking non-player controlled event, you don't need to be jaded to reach that.

I haven't even said its a bad game.
>>
>>344077148
>That pic
I think the game renders clouds and its covering some light source.

On the left picture the building on the left and bottom is missing/ not visible, and there is no light source seen inside the building so that must be why its pitch black, on a bright day (?).
On the right picture, the foliage is better save for the grass behind the characters, but there's no bright fog effect. I might miss the fog. And yeah the pet monster looks better on the left but that may just be lighting.
>>
>>344055842
Even if the methods of defeating the colossi are pretty small, there's replayability in perfecting the techniques necessary to beating it quickly. At least I feel that. I did play it as an experience first, and then beat it again at least 3 times, once in that time trial mode you unlocked.
>>
>>344077740
>you pathetic cuck
Found the underaged.

Here, I'll give you advice. Don't get your taste in games from paid retarded gaming journos and actually play a modicum of games before touting this bullshit as something anything more than mediocre and a blight on the path for the medium. Games should not be movies.
>>
>>344077784

You still have to beat the fucking things almost exactly the same way each time anon, that is not good replayability.

I don't think anyone ever sat down to play sotc back to back.
>>
>>344077784

It's not nonsense, because making every single feather, of which there could be thousands would be too much stress on the system.

Also, Team Ico did all the work, Sony only helped. And nothing looked removed, more like they changed the area and what light sources are present. The left looked like a basement almost, while the right appears to be more like a cavern or whatever. Even then, it's still visually impressive considering how so many other PS exclusive games barely tap into the system.
>>
>>344078103

Well you can speedrun any game anon, thats not "replayability", its autism.
>>
>>344078208
>You still have to beat the fucking things almost exactly the same way each time anon

That's literally the case with most games that have replayability you fucking dingus.
>>
>>344077828
>Maybe for you, but plenty of people found it replayable for just the experience alone
What does this even mean? This is so vague, it could mean anything
>>
>>344078332

>it's autism

No, it's not. It's so cute how you just equate things you don't like to autism. Seriously, anyone who pulls the "autism" card for people not agreeing with them are the real autistic ones.
>>
>>344078108
If people like you were in charge of the industry we would'ved missed out on some of the most unique video game experiences the industry has ever come out with.

If you want gameplay so much, why would you play anything other than tetris? It's a serious question, provide reasons why you would want to play anything other than tetris.
>>
>>344076376
no one got this siKK reference fuck yall
>>
>>344077435
>He doesn't like the gameplay in SotC
>Doesn't like killing a giant flying Colossus while holding on to it for dear life.
>Doesn't like firing at a chasing Colossus with a bow while riding horseback.
>Doesn't know about the time attack mode that is unlocked after you beat the game.
Wew, lad
>>
>>344078347

Not at all.
This is LITERALLY a puzzle game.
The puzzles are exactly the same each time.

The colossi and free movement/cinematic camera make it seem like an action game, but SotC is a puzzle game and nothing else.

Once you solve a puzzle the only way it can be solved it has 0 replayability, nothing new to show you.

A game with replayability can show you something new even though you played through it already - or allow you to take things on differently too.
>>
>>344078481

No it isn't. Christ, did you never graduate past 4th grade English?
>>
File: kid looks fine.jpg (378 KB, 1008x1806) Image search: [Google]
kid looks fine.jpg
378 KB, 1008x1806
>>344078084
>I think
>even though nothing about clouds has ever been said and we've never seen one in the game
Stop. The entire tenderer has been changed and it looks worse. There is video evidence.

>On the left picture the building on the left and bottom is missing/ not visible, and there is no light source seen inside the building so that must be why its pitch black, on a bright day (?).
There actually are light sources inside, the HDR just covers them up because outside is so bright.

>>344078226
But that isn't too much stress on any modern system. Can you not read? Games render millions of particles. Feathers aren't even particularly large particles.

Sony ported the game to PS4 and did all of the rendering and programming for the past very long time. Team Ico just does the art and what not.

That's the same area and how is a PS3 game that god downgraded visually impressive?
>>
>>344078658
>A game with replayability can show you something new even though you played through it already - or allow you to take things on differently too.

That's an one way to look at replayability, but not the ONLY way. A game can be enjoyed over and over even if it there's not much room to really change things up. Tetris is literally doing the same basic thing, and that has endless playability despite the standard game offering no true ways to innovate in a session.
>>
>>344078659
Define "experience."

Experience could be literally anything. Is it sitting on the couch? Playing with a friend? The atmosphere of the game? The buttons pressed in a specific, nostalgic manner? Without more information, you can't understand the sentence because it's way too unspecified.
>>
>>344078552

I didn't want to expand on that really, but since I usuall do not enjoy seeing things called autism either I'll respond.

What you said is speedrunning, not replaying, you've made a meta game for yourself - beating the time of you beating the game.

Its fine - but it not part of the game, it is not replayability.
And because it also requires long amount of times spent in absolute tedium - you repeating your actions endlessly to try to make them just slightly better to gain a tiny amount of time for your meta game - its absolutely one of the things that can be attributed to autism, atleast in the never-serious manner you should be reading this piece of shit site.
>>
>>344078878

Strong difference, the gamepaly in Tetris is you reacting to the rng of the blocks and countering with your speed and skills - obviously you can test your mettle in such a thing endlessly.

But SotC puzzles have 1 question and 1 answer.
That challanges you once, and once only, theres no other way to react to the colossi, no other weakpoints to go for, no different methods to react with.

You can enjoy playing the same game over and over again, again anyone can enjoy anything.
But it has very little replayability unless outside factors (speedrunning, being in love with the game, jacking off to the horse) matter to you.
>>
>>344077784
It's not polished. The horse is borderline uncontrollable, the platforming is uninspired with only a grip gauge added to make it somewhat more challenging but fails miserably as it's hilariously broken and exploitable with little fault for error as it's nigh impossible to die.

And I understand the game is supposed to be uncomfortable to play because it's supposed to be about how far you will go to save someone, but you see the issue with that is, I'm not given any player agency as to whether I want to do this, so it's just a scripted story, and I'm not given any reason as to WHY I should save this person. And the game fails to be challenging as the only somewhat difficult parts are controlling the horse well enough to get some where.

Everything else is easy and borderline casual because there is no world diversity, therefore finding the colossi is just running around until you find one, then going through motions of climbing the damn thing and stabbing with once again little fault for error. It's as if the developers tried to create this groundbreaking, life-changing magnum opus art piece, but fell asleep and gave up when it came to setting the basic rules and purposely making shitty horse controls. Everything else is just a victim of laziness and lack of creativity.

Now fuck off and play Robotron an actual good game. One of the best of all time and was ACTUALLY innovative and inspired.
>>
>>344079356
>But it has very little replayability
More than most games. There are a lot of new weapons and gadgets to unlock.

>>344079452
>The horse is borderline uncontrollable,
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>344078862

It would still be needless detail that would be taking computing power from other things. Doing it like how they handle hair and fur in CGI movies with "weaves" or however you want to call it is much better as it means important assets like the AI and levels can be fine tuned instead.

And you're going to have provide source that Sony was doing so much of this work, because I've been keeping up on every video, and Ueda was still in charge of everything but the decision to move onto the PS4. Though it's not like it's the first time he moved a game, what with Ico having nearly 3 years of work on the PS1 before they canned it and jumped onto the PS2.

As for the area, it's not 100% the same place, they clearly made changes as they made whatever creative decisions. Some were probably part of the story, and others made for the gameplay in how you reach the area and interact with it. Even then, the game is visually impressive because very few games on the PS4 even come this close. They either half-ass things to the point of looking like a slightly better PS3 game, or at worst a really pretty PS2 game. Beyond that though, the fact that the game is finally coming out is what really matters. It doesn't need to be making the system burst into heavenly flames, just be playable and have a stable framerate that isn't stuttering like some of the really rougher moments in the PS2 version of SotC.
>>
>>344078881

It's not unspecified. Stop pretending to be retarded because you have no argument to counteract my point.
>>
>>344079683
>He STILL doesn't answer the damn question.
>>
>>344079523

Some toys to fuck around with, the game changes none and remains a pretty rigid, scripted thing that 99% people will only really enjoy once.

Also yes the horse controls like shit.
I'm usually fine with this since horses aren't cars.
>>
>>344077372
Its quality does not drop as newer, better games come out; rather,the newer better games have a higher quality relative to it, aided by time & what time brings with it.
As for SoTC not doing anything especially well, this is where you & I disagree.

The gameplay may not be very deep, but does it need to be? Sometimes, just sometimes, less is more, you know.
I for one am always more for gameplay than story, but that's mostly because stories in games have been fairly shit. Like I keep saying, this game did cinematic gameplay RIGHT, as opposed to what pretty much every other game is doing. It's a great experience.
And I don't know if you know this, but after having experienced the game the way the devs wanted to present it to you, you unlock a time-attack mode, & there are in fact some minor but difficult methods never mentioned in the game that help you kill colossi faster, so you can say there's a bit of depth there.
>>
>>344079523
>here are a lot of new weapons and gadgets to unlock.
That is meaningless when you can't meaningfully use them and the core mechanics are painfully drab and uninspired with a terribly scripted plot progression.
>>
>>344079758

If you can't figure what experience means you're either fucking baiting or retarded.
>>
>>344077780
Please see >>344079816

And let me amend that of all the hundreds of games I've played, there are only 2 that have relatively little gameplay (Shadow of the Colossus) & practically no gameplay (NaissanceE) that I appreciate & love.
>>
>>344079816
There's time attack in Uncharted and Gears. Sticking a timer on something doesn't make it a game. You can do that with anything.
>>
File: sony.jpg (121 KB, 1005x497) Image search: [Google]
sony.jpg
121 KB, 1005x497
>>344079532
It doesn't take computing power. The game is a dog-walking simulator so there's nothing else that need 'computing power', and sure but as it is now they're all individual feathers. So stop your damage control and admit you were wrong.

IGN posted 2+ Trico videos the week before/during E3, it was in of those.

Did you even look at the image I posted? That isn't even in the top 20 best looking PS4 games. I agree it's nice that it's finally coming out but downgrading it really hampers my excitement.

>>344079785
Some toys that are hard to get and forces then encourages replayability. It's okay to be wrong kiddo.
>>
>>344079452
>Robotron

You again. I see at least 10 cinematic game threads on the front page yet you only raid TLG threads. May I ask why?
>>
>>344079816

Its objective quality does not drop, I agree.
Its reception, the perceived quality is what I find out of whack in this thread.
So many people went out of their way to say that Ico was "amazing for its time" while treating SotC differently - when its not.
It did the things it did well - FOR ITS TIME, and was exceptionally received because they were fairly NEW things.

Its objective quality in doing these things is nothing exceptional though, so I don't understand the special difference beyond
>nostalgia/selective memory
>>
>>344080094
>encourages replayability

You don't encourage that, its there or not.

If giving you some toys to fuck around with in an empty world and a bunch of bosses that you've already beaten and know how to beat is "more replayability than most games" for you then....well then I don't really want to discuss things with you anymore.

And again, speedrunning, time attack is and always was the simplest way to give "reason" for people to replay games.
Which worked fine in 2005 and before that. The industry is too big for that now, theres too much competition, I simply can spend my time better playing other games doing other things, new things or better things instead of replaying a game with very very little replayability.
>>
>>344080463
Can you just kill yourself?
>>
>>344078862
>>344077784

>an ico game that was stuck in development hell has development troubles and problems being optimized for the current gen
>better educate people so they don't buy this game because of the shit graphics

Some of you guys really have no heart
>>
>>344080606

No anon, life is a game with even less replayability than SotC.
>>
>>344080094

It does take power, rendering things like hair, fur, or any kind of coverings on a character require power from the system. And while it is impressive to see games where things like hair have natural flow (even if few games have still managed to make as believable hair as say Incredibles), it's hardly worth dedicating so much effort to when some individual sets of the feathers or fur will work just fine and look just as good without stressing the system.

As for it being "downgraded", I really don't agree that they did any such thing. This game has been in Ueda's mind for nearly a decade, and roughly 8 years of that with actual production that has been influenced by his rather crazy attention to detail. Even if they have sacrificed some graphical fidelity, it was obviously done to put assets into making the gameplay experience and AI as engaging as possible. That's a very commendable thing.
>>
>>344054828
>controls lack depth
>controls are cryptic
What?
>>
>>344053552
It will be on rails, I have no doubt.
>>
>>344054828
>if I CAPITALIZE WORDS it means what I'm saying is OBJECTIVE TRUTH
>>
>>344053787
You have to go back to NeoGAF
>>
>>344080646

I'd hardly consider that "shit graphics", but yea, I don't get why people are hung up on something that was never a major part of Team Ico's design philosophy. Sure, they're games were visually impressive, but hardly the biggest workhorses of the PS2's hardware.
>>
>>344080606
This place isn't an echochamber, and it certainly isn't a place to circlejerk OMG IM SUCH A GAMER NERD XD games like Shadow of the Colossus, Pokemon Red and Blue, Kingdom Hearts, Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Skyrim, Uncharted, Last of Us, Perfect Dark, Chrono Trigger, etc.

Get some fucking taste or leave.
>>
>>344080052
The main game itself has the right blend of cinematic gameplay as opposed to literally any other cinematic-focused game out there, so it beats all other games in that sense.

I mentioned the time-attack only to point out that, while the gameplay may be lacking, it has enough depth for you to be able to get better at it & score faster kills on the colossi; if you had a friend who likes the game you can even compete based on this.

>>344080165
It's probably the fact that what the game had going for it was not only graphics & style, which both age, but quite impressive camera & sound direction, & maybe the scales & variety of colossi too. The graphics & sound direction I feel may have been surpassed already, but the camera direction, still the best. The style, well, that's its own thing, so unless some games come out copying the style, its uniqueness will remain.
>>
File: weae.webm (2 MB, 920x518) Image search: [Google]
weae.webm
2 MB, 920x518
>>344080646
It wasn't stuck in development hell, sony just wouldn't let Ueda release it because they're fucking assholes.

And people won't buy this game either way, nor do sales matter at all.

>>344080762
But they did. You were wrong.

It's not an opinion that the game was downgraded.

>and roughly 8 years of that with actual production that has been influenced by his rather crazy attention to detail
You're just trying to be funny now.

>>344081057
SOTC is literally the most demanding PS2 game.
>>
>>344081079

Again with the "taste" meme. It's so adorable how you think a person's value is somehow lessened if they haven't played something you like.

What's next, going to shit on people if they don't like your favorite anime?
>>
>>344078960
but.. it's literally a mode in the game? so it's not like I uniquely made it either. also, they're people who do put intense hours to beat 'world records'. What if I just want to beat my own record? And only once or twice? And how is it any different from score based experiences? Like. I'm not getting this argument against speed running. You can dislike the game, but I disagree with you and your opinions of it. And I almost want to say you're objectively wrong about speedrunning, but that's such a meme response and I don't really have the patience at the moment to continue this argument. See ya, anon.
>>
>>344081206
>It wasn't stuck in development hell, sony just wouldn't let Ueda release it because they're fucking assholes.
Do you have a source for that or are you just making shit up to feel justified in your cancerposting?
>>
>>344081174
The Colossi take the same amount of hits, you still have the same time on the grip gauge every time, the horse has the same run speed. There is no depth to the gameplay. It's like saying there's depth to Gears or Uncharted just because you have the choice to aim your gun inaccurately or accurately and have multiple weapons. At the end of the day, neither of them are games.
>>
>>344081368
Ueda said he didn't want to port it to PS4 because he wanted to release it sooner for PS3. Meaning it's been done for years because they've been porting it for years.

Sony has probably given them the smallest budget possible because stringing games in front of their fanbase sells consoles seemingly more than games sell them, since the PS4 doesn't have so many of those. And even to this day the PS3 didn't have a lot of the exclusives that were promised for it.

Good business for them but a shitty deal for fans.
>>
>>344081206
>It wasn't stuck in development hell, sony just wouldn't let Ueda release it because they're fucking assholes.

A simple google search will tell you that it was Udea who left Sony and Team Ico fractured because of it. There is no reason for Sony to hold this game back
>>
>>344081206

>you were wrong

Where? Because I haven't seen squat that proves Sony was holding the game hostage. They were indeed the ones that wanted it put onto PS4, but only because by that time, the hardware was available and they decided it might help the production. Which appears to be the case as the game is finally coming out.

And funny how? The game has been in physical production for nearly 10 years. After SotC, they had listings for jobs at Team Ico, though it was clear nothing was set in stone yet. Hell, there was a short period people thought the game was going to be something about hang-gliding through a valley. As for Ueda's attention to detail, this a fact known by anyone who follows the man, he's very passionate about making the game play as he envisions it, and what he wanted above all else with TLG was an otherworldly animal that felt real.

Also, SotC might have pushed some elements of the PS2 to its limits, it was far from the most demanding graphically.
>>
Time trial, time attack, speedrunning is a way to extend a games life with literally 0 work.
And it does take a person with a certain mindset to indulge in that in any level, a mind that tolerates tedium and monotonity well.
/v/'s entire vocabulary for that is autism.

It wasn't weird back then because there werent 3000 new games created and shoved in your face through the internet every day, so we would end up replaying games with zero replay value anyway just to play vidya.

Now theres actually far more than enough good vidya for those without that mindset to engage in that activity.
>>
>>344053787
All we've seen are scripted scenes where the animal "reacts" as it was programmed to animate as the scenes play out. We haven't actually seen the AI working and responding with/to the player.
>>
>>344081206
Sauce?

I remember reading that they were having problems making it playable on ps3, especially when it was insisted that Trico absolutely must have individual moving feathers, but never that Sony fucked Ueda over
>>
>>344081653

Nigga, they've mentioned in dozens of interviews that nailing down the gameplay was always being a hassle for them. Which was likely making a balance between how much you do as the boy and how much Trico helps you out.

As for getting the game out sooner, Ueda's statement was vague at best, there's no way to tell if the game was actually done or might have only been ready a year or so earlier at best.

Of course, that hardly matters now that the game is finally coming out.
>>
>>344081959

Ueda has been dodgy about showing much of the game. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if that evil Trico is what you meet after the demonstration area and where the AI is "unleashed". Though we'll have to just wait and see how it actually turns out. If anything, the animation for the birdcat is impressive, considering it acts more like an animal then just a nonthreatening monster.
>>
>>344081653

Ueda is the one who fractured team Ico because he wanted to start up his own company in Europe, he left Sony and the development of Guardian halted, that's what happened. Since his return and since only a few of Team Ico's members were remained, Sony (santa monica) stepped in to help the final stages of development. He said he wanted the game to remain on the PS3 so that he could remain faithful to fans or something of the like but it's getting ported to PS4 as to not be a massive financial loss. It's counter productive for Sony to give their first party studios, especially Japan Studio small budgets, it doesn't work like that. The PS3 era was a terrible time for Sony that which they are still recovering.
>>
File: wew.webm (757 KB, 1061x493) Image search: [Google]
wew.webm
757 KB, 1061x493
>>344081676
So ask yourself, why would he have left? There were a lot of threads about it back when it happened and general assumption was that Sony was being a cunt. Which is very likely because Team Ico games don't even sell well.

>>344081737
>Where?
https://youtu.be/zXLZvsSmBIs?t=71

>and they decided it might help the production
Nice asspull.

>Also, SotC might have pushed some elements of the PS2 to its limits, it was far from the most demanding graphically.
You just contradicted yourself. SOTC is the most graphically demanding title as it renders more than any other game I can think of on the system.

I'm not going to reply to you anymore, you are shitposting.

>>344082180
And those interviews were contradicted by a number of quotes that deal with less vague things than "nailing down the gameplay". You may as well say they had to "Tighten up the graphics on level 3".
>>
>>344082536
You didn't even address my point.
>>
>>344082536

And really, if they were so insistent on it being on PS4 when it was "ready", it would have released 3 years ago with the system, not when the system is just about to be get a semi-replacement job. Fuck, at the rate things were going, I wouldn't have been surprised if they announced PS5 with the game as a bundle and them saying "Here, just fucking take it"
>>
>>344082536
He wanted to leave because Sony was a faggot, obviously.

He came back because he wants to make his game, obviously.

It's coming out 10 years after being announced despite Team Ico ensuring development was planned to be very short because Sony held the game back, obviously.
>>
File: 1466862518785.jpg (65 KB, 716x716) Image search: [Google]
1466862518785.jpg
65 KB, 716x716
>>344081079
>This place isn't an echochamber
That is some next level delusion
>>
>>344082607

All that video says is that he got outvoted when the suggestion to port it onto PS4 came along. Nothing of what he said implies it was being held at gunpoint for the PS4 or else being axed. For one, why would they axe it if Ueda refused? They're the ones who basically own the game, it's not like his word would really matter since they want money and can just foot the bill themselves.

And none of the interviews contradicted a thing. They literally mention hurdles on both fucking systems. Face it, Team Ico aren't perfect artisans, they never were. They're strongsuit is making memorable gameplay and narrative first. Ico was impressive for it's time, but it was hardly the absolute most beautiful game on PS2, and SotC pushed the limits for rendering huge enemies, but at the cost of making the world have much in it beyond ruins and a scarce as hell wildlife.

TLG might not make the PS4 explode, but most people don't care if it could or not, they just want to finally play it after having blue balls since 09 with sporadic cock teases.
>>
>>344082607
>>344083024
>So ask yourself, why would he have left?
>Sony was being a cunt.

You didn't even know why TLG was delayed and instantly blamed Sony, now that you do know you're still trying to blame them for something else. It's clear as day why Ueda left Sony to anyone with a working brain and also where your interest lies.

My question is why you incessantly use TLG threads as a proxy to shit on Sony. There's threads for that and if not individual games that literally deserve it more. You hate Sony and you are shitting on graphics of an Ico game. How low as a shitposter can you even sink but more importantly, why do you do it?
>>
>>344083024
It would be nice if you had anything other than complete conjecture to support your ideas, obviously
>>
>>344083024

>Sony held the game back

Just stop already. All Sony did was put their foot down and make it go to PS4 because not only was the game taking forever, they knew the PS3 was pretty much dead in the water by that point. You really think Team Ico was just sitting on their hands until one sunny day Sony rolled in and said "Ready to play ball?", because that's the most asinine thing to imply. If we're going to hand out blame, both parties are to blame in some measure. It's not just big bad Sony.
>>
>>344053552
The game looks like garbage.
>>
>>344083121

He is not wrong, /v/ is not a simple echochamber, /v/ is a contrarian echochamber that will, after a few cycles of echoes, start to turn on itself without the slightest "regret".

Anything that echoes too hard will be drowned out soon by the opposite echo.
>>
>>344081458
You can in fact improve your grip gauge & health via collectibles; you can unlock a paraglider, better sword, whistling arrows to distract colossi, & some other tools via time-attacks.
There is also a powerful jump-stab that you can perform from the beginning of the game (never explained in-game), which is very difficult to land on a moving colossus. You can improve your climbing speed by actively jumping from grip to grip as opposed to just scaling upward. & it's up to you to figure out when it's safe to let your grip go so your grip gauge can recover without being tossed off a colossus.

Whatever the case, you can't simply dismiss all of these games as having no depth; no matter your dislike of them, they still have even a little depth, or varying depths. & finally, I keep saying this, with SoTC, the depth is the least that matters; what matters is the delivery of an experience, & whether or not you find that entertaining or not is totally subjective.
>>
>>344053552
ico with a flying dog. solid 7

they probably spent most of their time getting drunk and watching anime.
>>
>>344083418
>>344083475
You're literally drones right now. You are etting upset that I implied the game has been delayed because the creative mind and director of the game wanted to release it years earlier on the PS3.

What the fuck is wrong with you? I'm not grasping to get to this theory at all, he literally said the game would have come out sooner before they decided to port it to PS4, which was years ago.

>>344083602
Opposed to these ass pulls, my conjecture makes sense. There's no reason to defend Sony when it's even evident they downgraded the game and deleted the PS3 version. They're not good guys.
>>
>>344083957
who is /v/?
is this like that movie the cube?
>>
File: 1461021605959.jpg (102 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1461021605959.jpg
102 KB, 600x800
>>344083957
Maybe /v/ just realized that Ico and SotC aren't anything special; specially in a market saturated with walking simulators, ""emotional experiences"" and pretentious indie shit.

Maybe sonyggers need to realize that those games are hot garbage.
>>
>>344083971
cont.
I've mentioned that there are only 2 games I like for their experiences rather than their gameplay: SoTC & NaissanceE. In NE the only things you can do are walk, crouch, jump, run, & click to pace your breathing while running. As you can surmise, there is hardly any gameplay here, except a bit of platforming & puzzles.

It's still one of my favorite games solely for the experience it delivers; stunning, unique sights not seen in any other game, an interesting sort of interactive visual-arts museum with haunting scenery & sounds. The devs knew what they wanted to deliver, & they succeeded.
>>
>>344084061
"I hate Sony. This Sony funded game suffered development problems. Despite no evidence to support my claims, I will blame everything on Sony."
Nice mental somersaults
>>
>>344084452
>baseless ad hominem

Class act droning.
>>
>>344083971
>>344084447

Put your trip on, matthewmatosis.
>>
>>344084367

Maybe, I have to say the reason I attacked those was definitely because the entire "sotc is a masterpiece" was echoing too hard.

And now you take that echo of min a whole rung farther into generic shitposting.

My theory is proven, thanks anon.
>>
If you didn't like Ico, you won't like this.

To be honest tho, my first experience with Ico having my dad return it to Gamestop and getting me Jak & Daxter.
>>
File: 20160706_184603.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160706_184603.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
How do I not suck with stamina management climbing?
>>
>>344084861
Play a better game.
>>
File: colecovision games.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
colecovision games.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>344083971
>the depth is the least that matters; what matters is the delivery of an experience
All I had to hear. Everybody look at this anon. THESE are the people ruining games. They just want experiences and interactive stories. They don't want games. They want to justify their meager existences by pretending to themselves that their "experienceing" art. Games aren't art, now fuck off. This game will never measure to the sheer thrills you get from the innovative gameplay-centric titles such as Crystal Castles, Cloak and Dagger, and Roadblasters. Leave, hipster trash plebeian. Games were not meant for you and you cannot take them away from those of us that actually have experience and know what they're talking about.
>>
>>344084861
Beat the game five times. I know I did.
>>
>>344083971

You get all of that AFTER you beat the game, toys.
Also who the fuck wouldn't try jumping?

That anon was right, depth wise, both games are very shallow.
Not to say its not a great experience or anything.
But even you are struggling to puff it up into something that it is not.
>>
>>344084573
I'd ask you what tripfag you're confusing me for but
1) what can I do to convince you otherwise anyway &
2) why do I care what tripfag you're confusing me for.
Still, I'd like to know what made you think I'm some tripfag & not just a passionate anon in the mood for a debate.
>>
>>344084921
The game is great though

I got to the 7th colossus months ago but then didnt play for a good while so I'm restarting

How come you're in this thread anyway?
>>
>>344084921
What game?
>>
>>344085014
You're lucky Team ICO games are nothing like that. The stories are dark souls level of you figure it out at most.
>>
File: forza 4.jpg (699 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
forza 4.jpg
699 KB, 1280x720
>>344084367
This. Playing Shadow of the Colossus is nowhere near as comprehensively rewarding or fun as playing rFactor 2 or Forza 6.
>>
>>344084061
The game was delayed because Ueda left Sony and by the time he returned and Sony had reorganized to assist him in developing and finalizing the game, the console climate had changed and Sony made the decision that the game would be optimized for the PS4 first and foremost. At which stage the decision was made is irrelevant because the decision was made so the game wasn't a massive financial loss and to streamline the development process by only needing 1 build of the game.

You can say Ueda left Sony because they were being big bad corporate meanies to him because that's obviously the only narrative you are interested in, despite the fact that he's already admitted that he essentially had a career crisis and wanted to start his own game studio in England, even at the expense of fracturing team Ico.

If you still feel like posting your carefully constructed graphics-shaming TL;DR's then go ahead, nothing I say will stop you from using TLG as a stepping stone to unload shitposting against Sony because that's the type of person you are.
>>
>>344084561
No ad hominim there at all. Its a pretty apt description of your logical process.

You are blaming all the games problems on Sony with literally zero evidence, in fact Sony's first party studios are treated pretty well and given relatively wide creative freedom compared to nintendo's "Mario till you die" policy and Microsoft's well known meddling
>>
>>344085210
>dark souls level
so shit?
>>
>>344085231
The Xbox shills are in overdrive lately.
>>
I read a hands on review recently, and the dude said he loved the visuals and atmosphere, but also said there was seriously glaring camera problems. Like trico blocks your view a lot and there's a lot of falling to death against your will.
>>
So im guessing it wont be 60 fps right?

I dont mind 30 so much, but knowing this was originally going to be a ps3 game, cmon. Whatever the case, I just hope the game performs well
>>
>>344085231
Racing games require too much thinking for the retards that inhabit /v/.

They can't even drive a car in real life.
>>
>>344085014
>>>/vr/
>>
>>344085265
>obviously the only narrative you are interested in
Because it's true and you can't prove that otherwise so stop droning already.

I couldn't care less about Sony, I'm here talking about TLG. There's more paths than droning out like you are.

>>344085335
>deflection and goal posts
Here comes more droning. You apparently can't even read or hear what Ueda said.
>>
>>344085379
Then go back to neofag, you piece of shit. I hate your fucking kind. Fuck off, these "experiences" you tout about are NOT games. A game is supposed to be infinitely replayable for competition not experienced one way through in a linear fashion with credits at the end.
>>
>>344085017
I was only informing him that it doesn't just stay uniform. I already previously mentioned that time-attacks & thus these unlocks are available AFTER you experience the game as the devs intended.
>Also who the fuck wouldn't try jumping?
You don't expect everyone to be of your level of intelligence & daring do you?

And yes, time & time again I've said that the gameplay is not very deep, as that is not the focus of this game.

>>344085210
You're not helping.

>>344085014
Way to twist my words.
>>
>>344085584
I think it looks better at 30fps. More cinematic like sotc.
>>
>>344085763
>You don't expect everyone to be of your level of intelligence & daring do you?

I do sadly but experience has thought me to adjust the expectations before voicing them.
I'd adjust this down to my 7 or 8 year old self, and I'd still call anyone a retard who'd just climb.
>>
>>344075579
>tfw just got done playing some Gal Panic
nice
>>
>>344085671
>You apparently can't even read or hear what Ueda said.
You're the one trying to fit Ueda's words into your already pre-constructed head narrative about how Sony is an evil meanie, you're worse than fucking vaati vidya

What he said was pretty cut and dry, no moving goalposts, no ad hominim, no deflection. You have been totally wrong since your first post in this thread
>>
>>344085671
You were already proven wrong multiple times, the only thing Sony has ever really done for this game is port it to the PS4 and assist it, in fact it's illogical to think otherwise and counter productive to their entire purpose as a first party game developer to somehow keep this title superficially bogged down.

You aren't here to talk about TLG, you are here to shitpost the games graphics and use the game as a proxy to shitpost Sony. That is all your are interested in. You are a very cancerous kind of person and I hope you realize that.

When there are multiple threads where you can shitpost and threads designed to shitpost Sony especifically, you choose this thread and you know, it's just not excusable anymore. Please, grow up.
>>
>>344084061

>drones

Oh boy, here we go. Some people don't agree to your claims so they must be shills? Take your head out of your ass.

I'm giving you the benefit of a doubt that you're not some retard baiter or asshole with an axe to grind. I haven't talked shit about you once, so I would appreciate it if you did me the same kindness.
>>
So why is this game getting scrutinized at the microscopic level?
>>
File: sonyview1.png (25 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
sonyview1.png
25 KB, 1200x1200
>>344086351

There are a bunch of dedicated autists on /v/ who hate Sony, and they don't just hate Sony, they live and breath to hate Sony.
>>
>>344086351
Because it looks like shit? Because it looks like another cinematic experience that should have been a movie?
>>
>>344085671
>Because it's true and you can't prove that otherwise so stop droning already.

And where have you proven that Sony held the game hostage? Nowhere.

No, your linked video doesn't say anything about the game being held up by Sony, just that they (and likely some members of Ueda's team as well) decided it was time to jump ship to the next platform. Until you can provide a direct word from Ueda himself, or one of his staff, that Sony was bullying them, you're no more a "drone" than the people you callously accuse, because you're just droning out the same fucking responses.
>>
No point in replying to Xbox marketers guys.
They're in full force lately, this is their last ditch effort.
>>
>>344086351
this >>344086619
>>
File: Dunning stare.gif (32 KB, 192x256) Image search: [Google]
Dunning stare.gif
32 KB, 192x256
>People falling for the bait of the "Downgradefag"

He's done this at least three times already. Shame on you all.
>>
>>344086796
Excrement post
>>
>>344086619
>>344086796
If it was a movie would you watch it?

Shitposter psychology test.
>>
>>344086185
>What he said was
That Sony delayed the game for years. And we know they downgraded it.

Why are you defending them? I haven't even insulted the company like you're implying.

>>344086206
Mhm.

>>344086242
Explain how they are not droning out right now.

>>344086673
>And where have you proven that Sony held the game hostage? Nowhere.
E3 TLG videos IGN uploaded. I haven't posted a link to it because the other anon said he already saw it.
>>
>>344086619

>cinematic experience

Except it doesn't.
>>
>>344086927
>If it was a movie would you watch it?

I'll watch it on youtube and twitch, just like i did with the Uncharted movies.
>>
>>344087041
Well, then you have brand/ platform loyalty issues. It goes both ways buddy.
>>
File: 1467235798328.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1467235798328.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>344087115
>Well, then you have brand/ platform loyalty issues

Nah. I just don't like paying for my movies.
>>
>>344087115
>>344087030
Why do come into our industry and take over ruining it?

We don't take over your lives or interests, so why do you ruin ours. Game enthusiasts don't play bullshit cinematic experiences. Go read a book, watch a movie, look at a painting, pick your nose whatever just fuck off from games. Goty will be Forza Horizon 3 this year.
>>
>>344086973

Because nobody is saying anything to the effect of "Sony can do no wrong, stop bullying them!", they simply said you haven't provided proof that the game was 100% done and being held up by Sony.

The only video that even refers to Sony (albeit not directly by name) is the one where Ueda mentions it was a tough decision hopping onto the PS4 and that he could have finished the game a bit sooner. He in no way implies the game was finished or even remotely close to down, just that he COULD have gotten it out on the intended system if Sony hadn't told him to bump it up to PS4. Even then, he literally says right after that the move has helped the team considerably, and how surprised he was with how well the game ported between the systems.

Saying this does not in any way shape or form sound like Sony droning.
>>
File: 1430277887981.jpg (297 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1430277887981.jpg
297 KB, 1462x1462
>>344087381
>Goty will be Forza Horizon 3 this year.

Trying too hard there sonygger.

Be more subtle.
>>
>>344087458
I don't have to prove what Ueda said because it's right there in a video.

You're taking what he said completely out of context to suit your argument, bravo sonydrone.
>>
>>344087381
>Why do come into our industry and take over ruining it?

I don't know, can how you into English?

And the game isn't cinematic bullshit, it's the same experience as Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, and neither of those were "cinematic" in the least.
>>
>>344087381
No dude you are being overly defensive about Microsoft's Xbox product line.
Also Forza 3 is a racer and a sequel. What is wrong with you they aren't comparable at all.

Is it okay to like We Happy Few from E3 while you shit on TLG? Sounds like hypocrisy to me. By the way it looked really good.
>>
>>344087684
>it's the same experience as Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, and neither of those were "cinematic" in the least.

But they were.

Specially ICO.
>>
>>344086351
PS4 exclusive. Gravity Rush 2 is next.
>>
>>344087678

>it's right there in the video

No, it isn't. The only thing that's in there is him saying he got outvoted into putting the game onto PS4 and that it caused some delay.

>you're taking what he said out of context

The same can be said of you.

>Sonydrone

And opinion invalidated. If you can't act mature and reasonable when people give you valid counterarguments, then you fuck right off on the horse you rode in on.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.