[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sonic 2017
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 482x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 482x290
Anyone waiting for the Sonic game reveal on July 22nd, I advise you don't look in case you don't want the surprise ruined. You have been warned.

The next Sonic game is taking a complete turn from what Sonix games have always been. Rather than it being a linear platformer, the new Sonic game is an open world game with areas designed around Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.

The world is approximately the same size as XenoBlade Chronicles X in comparison. It is split between a city, a forest, a desert, a snowy mountain area and EggMan Land.

As Sonic you can run faster than other characters on ground and on walls with parkour, spin dash, and do various combat moves. Tails is capable of flying for five minutes and has combat moves, and Knuckles is capable of climbing walls, digging through certain surfaces, gliding and stronger combat moves than other characters.

The game is set in an alternate universe to that of the current modern time line.(Unleashed, Colors, Generations and Lost World) It is set in a time where Sonic first became a hero, and Dr. EggMan finally started attacking cities and villages.

Rather than levels set in order, you go around do tasks for people, (which generate a level for you in the current location) fight robots who ambush you, and complete time trials around the location all to gain rings and other items.

You have a popularity meter in game. Depending on how many civilians are hurt or property is damaged will determine your popularity rank. Doing missions for people and saving civilians without damaging anyone or anything increases your popularity.

You are also able to drive vehicles, attack civilians, (which decreases popularity) and disrupt radio/television transmissions as Tails.

This game has been in development since January 2012, and is due to release March 31st 2017 for PS4 and Xbox One.
>>
>>344043237

that's bullshit but I believe it
>>
>>344043237
true
>>
Source: My big fat ass
>>
>>344044140
The source is Sonic Team
>>
>>344043237
>fly for 5 minutes
Broken as shit desu
>>
>>344044353
This game isn't a platformer. Therefore the flying isn't used for skipping large parts of levels. It is used to fight enemies that air airborne and collect high up items.
>>
GTA Sonic? Thats cool. I like how Sonic and Zelda are reinventing themselves to be like modern games. Times sure have changed.
>>
I can't wait for all the Sonic fans to drop their spaghetti and complain at Aaron Webber because a game he didn't make isn't what they want.
>>
>>344043237
I can confirm. My dad also works at Sega.
>>
>>344044574
neither are 3D sonic games
>>
>>344047438
Platformers have platforms and edges you have to jump to, enemies that can easily be defeated, as well as a mostly linear path. 3D Sonic games have those. Are you sure they aren't platformers?
>>
File: 171639076768519041712.jpg (158 KB, 583x725) Image search: [Google]
171639076768519041712.jpg
158 KB, 583x725
>>344043237
If we gave you Sonic Adventure 3, you'd just want Sonic Adventure 4. Please go back to facebook.
>>
>>344043237
That would literally be an example of a franchise jumping on the open world meme despite its gameplay never having anything to do with open world.

At least Zelda has an excuse.
>>
>>344047797
I don't want an SA3. The SA gameplay hasn't aged well.
>>
>>344043237
Sega already stated a while ago that they were looking into getting future Sonic games to play "like they did in their heyday", which doesn't match up with anything in your so-called "leak".

Try again.
>>
>>344048158
Kids would eat it up though. Kids who aren't allowed to have GTA would pretty much beg for something similar.
>>
>>344048741
Dimps are working on a 2D Sonic game with Probe. Streets of Rage is also getting a reimagining.
>>
>>344048158
Not OP, but the thing is, open world Sonic makes PERFECT sense.

The whole idea of Sonic is "carefree wandering dude who goes where he wants". His basic ability is rolling down hills, off ramps and stuff. The levels generally have some concession to feeling like "natural" places, mountains and lakes and stuff, with the abstract platforming stuff layered on top.

Stick him in an exaggerated Far Cry / Just Cause type world, Eggman bases to wreck up, exploring ruins, running on the surface of beautiful lakes in 3D, doing sweet jumps off hills and shit. It'd be great, if Sega were actually capable of making it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccpY14bXcug
>>
File: 1454472661341.jpg (3 KB, 125x118) Image search: [Google]
1454472661341.jpg
3 KB, 125x118
>You are also able to drive vehicles, attack civilians, (which decreases popularity) and disrupt radio/television transmissions as Tails.

Confirmed bullshit, as if they would ever let sonic be an antihero
>>
>>344048982
>sonic sucking juice instead of samus glorious futa pecker
one job
>>
>>344047704
where? you just use homing attack for everything, the game plays itself for you
>>
>>344048982
Maybe, but open world + going fast doesn't really work.
>>
>>344043237
Assuming you have seen other stuff:
Why drive stuff?
Also when you say it generates a level you mean in the hub world?
>>
>>344048881
That's even less believable.
>>
>>344049446
It generates a level pathetic rings, robots and loops within the hub world.
>>
>>344049246
this guy is right

If you have ever noticed, some open world games lie about your car's top speed, GTA V did that if memory serves me right, they say you're going at 100mph when in reality it is way less than that, with all things open world have to be rendered, tons of pedestrians cars and shit, making you move very fast simply makes hardware shit itself
>>
>>344049662
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't make Sonic travel at a super fast speed when traversing the world. They would make him quicker than majority of open world characters at their sprinting speed, a bit quicker than a vehicle perhaps.
>>
>open world Sonic game
Sounds bad. Sonic works better with actual levels that are designed for replayability.

Nobody wants to wonder around some pointless hub area or wide open space just to get to the next level either. At the absolute most Sonic games should either use an incredibly small hub area or a map screen to access levels.
>>
>>344050242
The levels get generated in the hub world
>>
>>344050376
>The levels get generated in the hub world
>Nobody wants to wonder around some pointless hub area or wide open space just to get to the next level either.
>>
>>344048763
>Kids who aren't allowed to have GTA
LOL
>>
>>344043237
This is total bullshit, but it has piqued my interest.
>>
>>344043237
can't wait for sonic breath of the wild
>>
>>344043237
>MORE AU BULLSHIT
GIVE ME ANOTHER MAINLINE GAME
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1457030667513.png (76 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
1457030667513.png
76 KB, 441x411
>>344043237
bullshit but i'd love it
>>
>>344043237

Only the forest levels of these games are any good. Why not just stick to those?
>>
File: maid_by_aoki6311-d6h27ev.png.jpg (175 KB, 1273x628) Image search: [Google]
maid_by_aoki6311-d6h27ev.png.jpg
175 KB, 1273x628
>>344043237

What about the story? How is the atmosphere of the game like?
>>
>>344048881

It's called Prope. And that isn't believable at all.
Why do Sonic fans like making up fake leaks?
>>
File: 1446582634932.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1446582634932.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>344043237
>is an open world game with areas designed around Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.

Has the open world meme not died out?
>>
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 1600x1066
>>344043237

>March 31st

>Not NX
>>
>>344045431

> the new Sonic game is an open world game

Stopped reading here

Fuck off with your fanfiction you 9-year-old, open-world games are shite.
>>
>>344050242
i think if they did it right, and made sonic control and feel good in an open world so he runs fast as hell and controls like sonic adventure but better, then it would definitely work. it would be awesome running through the fields and traveling to different sonic places like a carnival or a swamp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmhjqLxRIPs
>>
>>344050242

Tell that to the Mario fags who won't shut the fuck up about 64 and Sunshine
>>
>>344052542

Having open world isn't inheritly bad unless that's your entire purpose and pretend that'll sell

Look st Zelda breath of the wild, being open world isn't why it's popular, it's what your able to do in it and freedom to customize how you approach an obstacl

If Sonic can pull something like that, where you use the open world for multiple things, it can be great
>>
Then only reason why they would set it in a different world is if it's meant to tie in with the movie which would also take place in a different world
>>
>>344053076
This honestly

Wasn't there another leak that said the game was like heroes but in 2D and you could play with 3 generations of visuals?
>>
>>344043237
No PC release fuck this gay earth
>>
>>344052467
The game's atmosphere is similar to Ratchet and Clank, and the story is sort of like Spider Man in a way.
>>
>>344044231

So my big fat autistic ass.
>>
File: wallpaper_117_knuckles_09_pc.png (573 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_117_knuckles_09_pc.png
573 KB, 1920x1200
Was this song confirmed fake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbXfroVJ2I0
>>
>>344052647
They can be done well
But it's become an excuse for shitty devs to make empty worlds filled with fucking NOTHING
>>
>>344053818

yes
>>
>>344053631
The PC release will happen if the game sells well on at least one platform. (most likely PS4) NX is up for consideration.
>>
>>344048397
How?
>>
>EggMan Land
hahahahaha ok
>>
File: haddock.jpg (843 KB, 2404x1648) Image search: [Google]
haddock.jpg
843 KB, 2404x1648
>>344043237
>>
File: sanic_timeline_full (v1.2).png (3 MB, 5010x5160) Image search: [Google]
sanic_timeline_full (v1.2).png
3 MB, 5010x5160
>>344043237
>New universe
Welp, about time I update this thing anyway. Didn't even bother updating it after Worlds Unite, and I've been meaning to completely redo it as well. Having to update this shit in Paint.net is a pain.
what went wrong in my life that led me to make a fucking Sonic the Hedgehog timeline chart
Anyone have any input on placement? I've already got Chaotix and I think one other moved to non-canon in the draft of the new one, what else is wrong?
keep in mind this was made with a shitton of research by me and guys from /vg/ about a year and a half ago, so please feel free to help :^)
>>
>>344054063
that stage was cool. modern sonic segments were fun
>>
>>344043237
>Tails is capable of flying for five minutes
Source: your autistic little cousin
>>
>>344054301
06 is a prequel and takes place in a previous timeline. The only part of it that takes place in the current timeline is the last scene (the festival one).
>>
>>344043237
>civilians

you mean more furry people like sonic and co., right....just like the comics and Boom and not stupid human people....right?....RIGHT?
>>
>>344055421
The world will include both humans and animals
>>
>>344055421

you do know that the comics have human civilians as well, right
>>
File: why are they not on his ears.png (738 KB, 909x878) Image search: [Google]
why are they not on his ears.png
738 KB, 909x878
>>344055154
u wot?
I could see how that makes sense, but that brings a lot more conjecture into this than I would like. Sure, I'm assuming a lot with where I put Elise and the Emerald, but that's a reasonable conclusion with the information we have. It was intended to be a "soft reboot", not a complete rewrite of everything like Sonic Boom.
I guess you could say it's a prequel in the sense that the original timeline that got fucked (Silver's 06 future) no longer exists? But the timeline we as players experience is the "main" timeline that was altered by Mephiles. It's kind of like a DBZ scenario: The "original" unaltered timeline is the one that Future Trunks came from, but the one that we experience as "canon" is the timeline that Trunks (and Cell) came back and intervened in. Same kind of thing with Silver / Mephiles.
Now, if you could provide a source for this argument I'll happily change it, I want this thing to be as accurate as possible)
>>
>>344052670
That video does not do a very good job of making an open world Sonic game look good.

Sonic games should be about instant, non-stop action with a level-after-level structure, not
>play a level
>run across this area to get to the next level
>play another level
>run across another area to get to the next level
>etc.

This structure slows the general pace of the game down for no real reason, and is not that great of a fit for Sonic, a franchise that SHOULD be known for its consistently fast-paced nature. It's no surprise people complained about how the hub areas were handled in Adventure and Unleashed.
>>
no, OP, i will not read your stupid fan fiction
>>
>>344056675
:(
>>
>>344056467
>Sonic games should be about how I think they should be about which is nonstop speed for ADHD people
>>
>>344043237
So, it's gonna be a Sonic Boom prequel?
>>
Would you guy enjoy/play a more story-heavy Sonic but without the retarded love interest subplot like Sonic '06?
>>
File: Pls go.png (117 KB, 392x343) Image search: [Google]
Pls go.png
117 KB, 392x343
>>344043237
You know, I kinda want this. I was never really too big into Sonic, but I had some fun with the games. Just like Zelda, I'd definitely be interested to see how a cartoony mascot would handle himself among this new generation of games.
I want to play as shadow though
>>
>>344052670

That video looks like absolute shit and you know it. There are no obstacles or pits whatsoever so the GOTTA GO FAST speed would have nothing to compliment it and with no time-based inputs you'd eventually get bored after an hour flat.

Why are people in this thread trying to defend this? Do you faggots seriously not realize how terribly fast platforming gameplay and an open world structure would mix? They wouldn't mesh well at all. I fucking love open world games, and I'm particularly excited for the new Zelda, but it just doesn't fit here.

If they're doing 3D, then the level design needs to pick up where daytime Unleashed and Generations left off.
>>
File: Sonic-style humans.png (111 KB, 738x563) Image search: [Google]
Sonic-style humans.png
111 KB, 738x563
How would you anons handle the art-direction in your own Sonic game? I would have cell-shaded character-models in photorealistic environments. Close attention would be paid to consistency in character-design, and humans (if any besides Eggman are even shown) would look like pic related. Non-anthropomorphic animals (like flickies) would also be designed consistently. Having all sentient beings actually designed like Sonic characters is something that I don't think has ever been done in a Modern game so far.

Whenever a character touches a part of the environment, the small area that they touch becomes cell-shaded and low-detail too, and if a character picks up an object, the entirety of the object becomes that way as well. The most common example of this happening would be the area on the ground around a character's feet changing styles as they walk or run. Just think of the Crazy Gadget floor effect, but replace patches glowing hexagons with patches of cell-shading and low detail.

As for the environments themselves, you would still have all those weird geometric patterns, natural loops forming from the ground, and crazy plantlife, only in the style of Sonic Heroes. They would look natural and rugged as opposed to clean and orderly. As for modern technology versus futuristic technology, which never seems to be consistent within the games, I would stick to the Classic games' shtick of only Eggman having futuristic technology. Cities would just look like regular cities, flying cars wouldn't exist, and seeing something like Grand Metropolis appear in the game would be out of the question.

So what do you groovy people think?
>>
>>344043237
No chaos?
>>
>>344057868
No. It's an entirely different world with the modern Sonic universe.
>>
>>344043237
Sounds awful, I hope this is fake.
>>
>>344053818
>>344053913
what's the source of it?
>>
>make a shitty rumor thread
>the rumor you made up is just: it'll be sonic adventure mixed with gta

This board just gets worse and worse
>>
>>344052670
Doesn't look very good.

Maybe think of it more like a SSX or Skate game. The idea would be to find smooth paths through the environment to keep your momentum up.
>>
>>344044885
>I like how Sonic and Zelda are reinventing themselves to be like modern games. Times sure have changed.
No. That's called homogenization.
Gee I sure love it when all the games I play are exactly the fucking same shit despite being different series.
Fuck open world garbage shit so hard.
>>
>>344048397
>The SA gameplay hasn't aged well.
Since when were retards able to fill out captcha?
>>
File: image.png (234 KB, 480x203) Image search: [Google]
image.png
234 KB, 480x203
>open world
>Sonic's a dumb superhero who has to worry about saving civilians and property damage

I sure hope this is fake
>>
>>344052484
>Why do Sonic fans like making up fake leaks?
It's a coping mechanism
>>
>>344061759
First off, that poster is retarded. Zelda has always been an open-world game. The first zelda didn't even have villages or anything. It's a return to the root of the series sonic isn't.
>>
>>344054301
>Sonic and the Secret Rings
>Sonic and the Black Knight
>canon

Now I didn't play those shitty games but aren't they just fairy tales with the Sonic cast playing the roles of classical characters? Seems odd to put that in the timeline.

Also there's no need to mess with the continuity of Classic Sonic games, just put them in the order that they came out. Unless I'm missing something, just because Tails doesn't appear in Sonic CD doesn't mean it occurred before Sonic 2.
>>
>>344061859
Machines have been getting more and more advanced. I'm pretty sure that's not an actual human being, but just a shitbot with a particularly powerful shitprocessor, and programmed to say idiotic things on different forums and imageboards.
>>
>>344062224

Yes and no. The fairy tale worlds are self aware to an extent and Sonic gets sucked into them because they need a hero.

Sonic references Secret Rings at the beginning of Generations.
>>
>>344062175
>Zelda has always been an open-world game.
The definition has changed over time and you know it.
Give me a SINGLE non GTA game that fell for the open world meme and actually ended up being good?
Even fucking MGS couldn't do it
>>
>>344054301
In my headcanon, Sonic Boom occurs in an alternate timeline but also a few years into the future from where the modern Sonic games take place. I know that some goober that used to work for Sega on Twitter said that the Boom characters are the same age but fuck him, he was fired anyway.
>>
>>344062531
>Sonic references Secret Rings at the beginning of Generations

He did? It's been a while since I played Generations.
>>
>>344054301
hey I remember you form /vg/
post the new one when you're done pls
>>
>believing anything on /v/
>especially about sonic

ishigddt
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.