[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are any of these games worth it? These are the only PS2 RPGs on PS4.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: ps2 rpgs 4chan.jpg (86 KB, 672x228) Image search: [Google]
ps2 rpgs 4chan.jpg
86 KB, 672x228
Are any of these games worth it?
These are the only PS2 RPGs on PS4.
>>
Okage is a neat game, but at the same time it's kind of junk. Like the combat is pretty bad and overall the game feels really cheaply put together. Dark Cloud 2 is pretty good. Heard good things about the Wild Arms games but never got around to playing them myself.
>>
Don't buy wild arms 3 on ps4, it has game breaking crashes.
>>
>>344041448
Dark Cloud 2 is fucking amazing. So much shit to do
>>
>>344041448
I've only played Okage and it's pretty good except for the gameplay(bosses are boring, combat has no depth) but outside of that the characters, story are pretty fucking good, also GOAT OST.
>>
>>344041448
Sony told me they were going to send me Okage for a fuckup the did years ago.

They never sent it.

Fuck you Sony.
>>
Dark cloud 2 is my favorite RPG of all time.

It starts out pretty slow though and I hope you have a guide on how to do the georama parts and for how to get 1 time only photos.
>>
>>344041625
The charm and humor of Okage more than makes up for its combat shortcomings. Even then, some of the fights are kind of hard.
>>
>>344041448
Dark Cloud 2's one of the most polished JRPGs I've played, but it's not a traditional JRPG by any means. It has the story-telling and style of a JRPG, but it has real-time combat akin to Zelda, with rogue-lite-esque dungeon crawling in procedurally generated floors, plus town building. Not to mention it's filled to the brim with side-content, an invention system and a pretty in depth weapon upgrade tree with different branches and shit.
>>
File: Rogue Galaxy™_20160705174527.jpg (127 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Rogue Galaxy™_20160705174527.jpg
127 KB, 1920x1080
>>344041448
like other anons said, get Dark cloud 2 for sure.
and anon, what the fuck, get rogue galaxy, it's also on PS4 and it's fucking amazing.
but neither dark cloud 2 nor rogue galaxy are classic JRPGs, the combat in both is very much action based.
>>
Dark Cloud is fucking 10/10
>>
File: Do not buy this.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1719) Image search: [Google]
Do not buy this.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1719
>>344041448
Wild ARMs 3: It's really good. Has a filter to make the game look like "old paper" like a few other games have done, otherwise everything is cel-shaded. Battles are interesting as, like Skies of Arcadia, SOMETHING is always happening even though the only actions that count are the turn-based actions. Story is interesting, and if you've played the first two games you'll have fun pointing out all the references.

Okage: Never played, though I've heard the writing and characters are top-notch for a 1st gen. PS2 JRPG. Not like Ephemeral Fantasia.

Dark Cloud 2: It's one of the best games on the PS2. You'll want to use a guide if you want to get EVERYTHING, as one of the main aspects of the game is weapon creation...which requires ideas...which requires you to take photographs of things for inspiration...including Boss fights.
>>
>>344043431
Game was great, but trying to get everything was a bitch and a half.
>>
Dark Cloud 2 is full of content, but is also very tedious.

In my opinion Okage is a game worth playing, but not a "good game".

WA3 is great, but doesn't emulate great on PS4
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.