[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WIll PS4 ever get Backwards compadability? What's sony's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: trash.jpg (130 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
130 KB, 2048x1152
WIll PS4 ever get Backwards compadability?

What's sony's comment on this?
>>
A solid, nice, hardy, FUCK YOU
>>
>>344039002
>WIll PS4 ever get Backwards compadability?

its compatibility and the answer is no

infrastructure of the ps3 was convoluted as fuck, the ps2 is different as well.

it would be easier to implement an emulator, similar to what xbone has, but as long as psnow exists and dumb people are paying for it, theres no chance in hell that they will make backwards compatibility free
>>
>>344039648
Why don't they just sell a ps1/2 emulator on the store for, say, 20quid? Still wouldn't make up in lost now sales?
>>
File: PS4.5_PS3_Mega_Pack_Bundle.jpg (104 KB, 510x595) Image search: [Google]
PS4.5_PS3_Mega_Pack_Bundle.jpg
104 KB, 510x595
>>344039002
It IS backward compatible.
>>
The cell processor from the ps3 era is impossible to emulate with the power the ps4 has.
>>
>>344039907
>20quid
if you're referring to currency, I don't know what the fuck a quid is, because I'm an american and I can't convert that to burgers.

nah a $20 emulator would be pointless since PC has free and pirated emulation.

People buy ps1 "Classics" for 6-10$ and ps2 games from $6-20 unremastered.

People will pay for "remastered" titles for nearly $60 too.

my point being, these individual games have a market still, there's no need to lump everything into an emulator or make your previous purchases feasible on your new machine when they can just sell you the game a second time.

That's why on /v/ we stress to not buy the game again if it gets rereleased/remastered.

Basic consumerism in a red ocean market.
>>
File: Awy6.jpg (21 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Awy6.jpg
21 KB, 600x450
>>344039648
>psnow exists

I still can't fucking believe they pulled that shit off
>>
>>344041346
It's our own fault /v/. Gross negligence on our part. We could have prevented this. Ever since the very first DLC existed, we should have kept our wallets shut.

FUCK YOU OBLIVION HORSE ARMOR
I NEVER BOUGHT YOU
I NEVER SUBSCRIBED TO XBOX LIVE GOLD
WHY ARE WE ALL BEING PUNISHED BY MARKETING SATAN
>>
>>344041856
Nigga I only play a Wii and PS2, both pirated. Planning to get either the 64, the Dreamcast or the Saturn, what should I do?

People that buy new shit are like children.
>>
PS4.5 will play PS3 games.

Sony will show it off at TGS.
>>
>>344042271
priced at 800$
>>
>>344042271
and cannibalize PSNOW sales?
>>
>>344039648
PS3 can emulate PS2 games at native res no problem (just look at CFW PS2 wrappers, Sony's obviously been working on the PS2 emu inside the PS3 since the original model, they just don't let everyone use it b/c $$$)
The PS4 should have no issue emulating PS2 games @ at LEAST 720p. Sony knows their own hardware inside and out, they could optimize the shit out of a PS2 emulator and release it as an update for the PS4. Sadly, it is much more profitable to just re-release titles to the store digitally. it's not like there are games that will never be re-released because of copyright and people still want to play them in one console rather than 2 or 3, right? /s

As for PS3 emulation, that's a no-go in the current PS4, but could very well be a possibility in the Neo.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.