[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>only people who like this game anymore are ultra normies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: fallout-4.png (628 KB, 765x497) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4.png
628 KB, 765x497
>only people who like this game anymore are ultra normies and easily appeased nu-males
What went so wrong or right depending on your level of hatred for Todd?
>>
>>344029363
Im an ultra normie who plays FIFA and vanilla skyrim on console and even i hated this game.
>>
Too much loot t that I never use. I modded it with a long overhaul and 12gb of other mods and it was good
>>
>>344029545
Why the fuck do you normie filth come shit up this site? You're not welcome, go somewhere more fitting like Facebook or reddit
>>
Overall I was happy with the improvements when you consider this is by the same company that made FO3. Overall it may not be on par with 1,2,NV trilogy but thats okay.
>>
Have you ever noticed that Bethesda loses more and more fans with every release? Fallout 4 is a lesser game than Skyrim, which is a lesser game than Fallout 3, which is a lesser game than Oblivion, which is a lesser game than Morrowind, which is a lesser game than Daggerfall
>>
>>344029363
>Wrong
Everything except the fluidity of the gameplay
>Right
Even your average person got bored of it and it'll teach them to stop buying into the hype
Here comes the part where some faggot says some dumbshit about NV,Fo4, or Fo3, and gets a billion replies
>>
People are still trying to shit on it after nine months? Move on.
>>
>>344030205
Hi faggot
See >>344030107
>>
DONT BE FOOLED

"X Game Hate' threads are marketing threads
>>
>>344030351
How? Shitting on a game will drive people away more than anything
>>
>>344029363
Game was a pretty good fps, I expected worse desu. Also people who liked f3 shouldn't complain.
>>
>>344030453
Incorrect. When you're selling a product all that matters is awareness, if nobody gives enough of a fuck to talk about your game in any context, it's never going to be on anyone's mind and you won't sell any.

When people are constantly bringing up your product, even if it's to shit on it, you are effectively increasing awareness and buzz.

There are so many recent online marketing examples- the Starbucks red cup 'backlash' that reminded you to talk about Starbucks. The 'grrr feminism' hate for the new ghost busters that serves as an excuse for ever media site to continue covering and hyping it.

If you really hate something don't give it the time of day
>>
>>344029363
I just mod the shit out of it
although mods applied as of today have crashed my game, but I was up to a good 198 mods
My gameplay experience is vastly different to everyone else's
I've made myself a bitter, unforgiving game where the only thing you can kill safely is radroaches
>>
No one would talk about it if it hadn't Fallout as its name. Then again, barely anyone talks about FO4 anymore.
>>
>>344029363
>Right
Gunplay is fun and the slow-mo VATS isn't complete cancer.
New 3rd person camera is an improvement.
Companions are pretty good with distinctive personalities.
Survival mode.

>Wrong
Dialog system.
New SPECIAL system.
Fucking retarded main plot.
Fucking retarded side plot.
Voice-Acting Protagonist.
Uncreative quests.
Not a lot of replayability.
Shit design choices overral.

6/10 desu
>>
File: 1400551158851.jpg (3 MB, 2412x3113) Image search: [Google]
1400551158851.jpg
3 MB, 2412x3113
>>344029363
It's like they looked at what Obsidian did with NV and went "let's do everything they did, but the complete opposite!"
They completely scrapped any RP options and interesting dialogue, worldbuilding or quests. It boiled down to cawadooty: shoot the muties edition now with enhanced cinematic experience™ edition.
I don't even mind the shit engine, janky gameplay and the plethora of bugs that come with it if the actual game and it's world would be good and immerse you enough to care about the quests. Hell, they even messed up long standing lore several times.
>>
File: 1467626707045.gif (1 MB, 644x364) Image search: [Google]
1467626707045.gif
1 MB, 644x364
>>344030332

Calling me a faggot doesn't change anything, anon. Shitposting about a game nine months after release is stupid. Maybe when you grow up a little you'll not sperg out so much about a simple video game.
>>
>>344031785
isnt it opposite of cinematic if its just boring shit quests shooting enemies
>>
>>344029363
power armor matentience. I enjoy maintaining and upgrading my power armor.
>>
File: gold.jpg (79 KB, 770x470) Image search: [Google]
gold.jpg
79 KB, 770x470
>>344029363
Also stoners. We like this game too.
>>
>>344029363
>Fallout 4 update auto installed when I was asleep
>Can't use pipboy anymore and my character is see through
>uninstalled all mods and it still persists, even on new saves
Note the opacity of my character completely naked, and also the black border around the pipboy, the background is set back *note the red outline, outside of that outline the pip boy is completely see through
Th-thanks bethesda. Guess I'll never play again.
>>
File: fallout bug.png (888 KB, 797x936) Image search: [Google]
fallout bug.png
888 KB, 797x936
>>344032347
Forgot pic.
>>
Who's Todd?
>>
>>344029363
The only people who hate this game are Obsidian shills and niggers that think Fallout 1 and 2 and better just because they are old.

Fallout 4 is a good game. Only problems are that the dialogue system is a joke and that they removed the RP out of the G.

And before you cucks cry shill, my favorite fallout is New Vegas. But that doesn't mean I hate anything Bethesda makes.
>>
>>344032995
>it's an "old games are shit" episode
>>
>>344032995
See>>344032347
>>344032478
>>
>>344030037
Except it's not true because they're not getting less sales.
>>
>>344030862
>this is what Bethdrones actually believe
>>
Nuka World comes out next month and I still haven't done half of Far Harbor, mainly because I need to finish Blood and Wine so I can sell it because unlike FO4, TW3 has no replayability.
>>
meh
I like it. Pretty comfy open world shooter/RPG.
The RPG mechanics arent really good, but the combat has been improved a lot, compared to new vegas.
6/10
>>
>Playing Mechanist dlc
>Ending has you go to a secret Robco facility that is building robobrain.
>Every other game and Fallout 4's own loading screens says they were built by General Atomics
Fucking bethesda
>>
>>344033737
This is accurate. 6, maybe 7/10, it's okay. Buy on sales when very cheap.
>>
>>344033737
>Fallout 4
>RPG
>>
>>344032995
>The only people who hate this game are Obsidian shills and niggers that think Fallout 1 and 2 and better just because they are old.

or maybe people liked them because they were RPGs

>Only problems are that the dialogue system is a joke and that they removed the RP out of the G.

how can you make this point and then claim people only like the original fallouts because theyre old? top lel. also to say thats the "only" problem with fallout 4 is a stretch

you're right to enjoy the game on its own merits tho. good on you anon. i personally found fallout 4 to be really enjoyable. less like a fallout and more like a deus ex game but with worse shooting mechanics and bad story and setting but a ridiculously large enough amount of content to justify the asking priceeven tho i pirated
>>
>>344029716
make me nerd
>>
>Only ever pick the right side dialogue options
>Suddenly you become some turbo-autist who doesn't pick up on social cues and thinks it is funny to constantly mock people and generally act like like a shithead absolute madman.
>>
>>344033958
What really surprises me is that the graphics can actually be pretty decent.
The game is just really blurry. Use sweetFX lumasharpen and it suddenly looks pretty good.
>>
>>344031785
NV had a shitty engine, bugs so bad it was unplayable for weeks and needed a very big patches, gameplay was stiff as a stick shoven down your ass, the only good thing it did was the roleplaying.
Fallout 4 only falls flat in the roleplaying category.
Of course /v/ is full with salty niggers who hoped that Bethesda gave them a game like NV.
>>
File: 1467787809794.png (97 KB, 255x244) Image search: [Google]
1467787809794.png
97 KB, 255x244
>>344034927
>Fallout 4 only falls flat in the roleplaying category.
>implying 4 wasn't full of bugs at release
>implying that besides having no RPG elements whatsoever this game is good in every other point
>>
>people complain that F4 is clunky and buggy
>in the same sentence they praise NV even to the point they're claiming NV had better visuals and better everything
>if you point out anything you're just another shill
>same thing happens in Witcher threads
>>
>>344035314
Compare that to NV which wasn't even playable on release and everyone including reviewers reporting random crashes. Even after all these years and the final versions and a shitton of patches and dlcs unmodded versions crash randomly.
That's sad considering that Obsidrones still blame Bethesda for every shortcoming.
>>
Game is for autists who like modding and roleplaying in their own head. Everyone else should skip this.
>>
>>344035787
>Obsidian was forced to work with Bethesda's trash engine
>Bethesda rushed the game
>Bethesda was in charge of the QA and bugtesting, didn't do shit
>call other people obsidrones
Typical Bethesfag, have my (you) and go back to /fog/ to circlejerk over your waifus and how good Todd is
>>
>>344036568
So you're saying that Obsidian actually made a contract with Bethesda and agreed to their terms but Todd naturally worked his magic in destroying this game.
I bet he even persuaded Obsidian to agree to this contract fully knowing that they wouldn't make it. Oh this devilish fiend!
It's not like Obsidian has a history of not being able to finish games, it was all corporate meddling. The game was rigged from the start!

Just face it, this company is making good games but they don't know shit about their fucking deadlines and financial situation.

I'll list a few games
KotoR 2 (unfinished, killed the franchise, cult classic)
Alpha Protocoll (unfinished, still avid fanbase)
NV (cult classic but was only finished b/c they reused almost everything from F3 and slapped mechanics onto the game all stolen from f3 mods)
Dungeon Siege 3 (dogshit, killed the franchise)
Snorefest of Eternity
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.