[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't this game considered good? I haven't played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_20160706-103608_1.jpg (184 KB, 1078x1066) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160706-103608_1.jpg
184 KB, 1078x1066
Why isn't this game considered good?

I haven't played it, but it looks good. Especially if you're a GitS fan.
>>
Because it doesn't have silly skins for people to jerk off about. Because it doesn't have a forced "competitive scene."
>>
Because it's shit.
>>
>>344023392
The gunplay just sucks, I really tried to like this game but it's so clunky and really bland
>>
it's dead
>>
>>344023392

I would have said it's great, me and a bunch of peeps bought in while it was cheap and had a ton of fun. We though it's version of Counterstrike's Defuse mode was hella fun.

But now I played it recently, it runs like absolute shit. It just feels incredibly rubberbandy and the netcode is unstable.

In addition some skills aren't that good still, and the maps are rough in most modes. TDM is just plain awful, though it wound up with one of the best maps which is based on one of the control points mode maps (and would be much better if it was control points since it's more open and flexible for moving around, like the difference between a CoD map and Battlefield map).

Otherwise it's pretty faithful to GITS considering it's the original voice actors and everything more or less makes sense. Does kinda make me wish for a more slower paced and tactical GITS game though, like a modded Rainbow Six/Dystopia sequel/NeoTokyo sequel.
>>
File: gits travel foreman.jpg (54 KB, 500x655) Image search: [Google]
gits travel foreman.jpg
54 KB, 500x655
>>344023392
>Why isn't this game considered good?

GITS fans want a GITS like game.
I've only ever seen the first movie, but GITS fans say GITS is not about action. It's not an action focused anime.
So to them, it's not a good representation of GITS.

Even without the GITS name, it feels like counter strike with sci fi abilities.
THAT'S IT.
Is it fun? Yes, at times.
I feel the tension, suspense, and fun is most in that mode where you conquer nodes. Holding a position and syncing skills as a teams feels great. However, %90 of the people play selfishly/COD style.

That bomb mode is boring as hell (The most counter strike like mode), and TDM might satisfy your sci-fi shooter itch, but gets repetitive.

I think all it needs are more game modes that rely on using your abilities as a team.
>>
Gunplay sucks, a lot of skills suck ass. Snipers REALLY suck ass. Pick any Assault Rifle or Vector and any who shots first will more than likely win the exchange.
>>
5 bucks to play a "F2P" game
>>
Should have just hired the neotokyo guys to make a full singleplayer game.
>>
>>344023392
So I'm going to walk around talking about politics, finance, and the inevitable development of A.I. sentience?

Shit, I'm down.
>>
>>344024878

>I've only ever seen the first movie, but GITS fans say GITS is not about action. It's not an action focused anime.

Nailed it. Both of the "core" GITS movies (the original 1995 and the sequel Innocence) are not action movies. They do in fact contain some action, but the meat of the plot is in the storytelling and getting the whole "moral of the story" across.

>>344025349

It's the exact opposite of that, which is my point. It's basically just CSGO with a bad skin and some gimmicks.
>>
>>344023392
it's a really awkward attempt at counterstrike without what makes counter strike good. The game is suprisingly less p2w than you'd expect but a good amount of the guns are still rather poorly designed. The only gun I enjoyed using was the shotguns. The starter guns are AWFUL. The player powers are neat, but the enemy operatives all look the same to you which can be very problematic in many instances. A lot of the abilities also need more visual cues, such as something to tell you "oh, that group of operatives has thermal vision" etc.

It's a game with a decent amount of potential, but it needs some sharpening, and could honestly live without the yoke of being a f2p lobby shooter.
>>
It's not really good. It's a super mediocre shooter.

It got better from launch, I played it again last month, but not much and not enough.

It'd be a long post here to go into everything that's keeping the game back.
>>
>>344023392
The plan of having to rent guns every month either through grinding or real money is keeping people away even though the devs have outright dropped that idea.
>>
File: CANT WAKE UP.png (97 KB, 663x112) Image search: [Google]
CANT WAKE UP.png
97 KB, 663x112
Trust me stay away
>>
>>344023392
>bad parts
>development is way too slow for a "f2p" game
>maps and weapons are made far too slowly and it's published by nexon so they will drop it in 2 years time to die just like every other game they touch
>dodgy balancing on some abilities, good abilites are way too strong and weak ones are fucking useless
>arm rockets xd

>good parts
>the other two modes that are not team deathmatch are extremely fun and play like budget battlefield or budget cs
>the starting rifle (m4) is actually great, reliable and not arbitrarily made bad with horizontal recoil or something similar
>the mateba is genuinely a memegun and it feels good to get a kill that is statistically worse than the other pistols
>>
GitS would never make a good game.

>Play as major.
>Follow-up lead.
>Talk to Batou or some other arbitrary escourt briefly about some AI/neurogenesis shit on the drive over to simulate depth.
>Investigate scene; fuckall makes sense.
>Killer/criminal/robot/etc flees while you pursue.
>Suspect either escapes, is killed, or turns out to have practically no information of use.
>Back to square 1, repeat until games conclusion where you finally piece together the plot from puzzle pieces.
>>
>>344023392
It's just a typical korean f2p shooter with gits flavour. Overall it's mindless, twitchy, unbalanced and boring. Also bland as fuck maps.
>>
>>344025473
I think the best genre for GitS would be the interactive detective story like Heavy Rain but not as shit. But I'd still want it to be really high budget just to see the enviroments and characters rendered in great detail. Fuck I hope Cyberpunk 2077 is good.
>>
>>344024878
Stand Alone Complex has a lot of action, and that's the series the game is based on.
>>
>>344025864
SAVE ME
>>
Mediocre fps
Not bad but not great either
Only thing going for it is the overall GitS anesthetic
>>
>>344024878
reminder that it has Stand Alone Complex in the title, uses voice actors from Stand Alone Complex, uses Tachikomas from Stand Alone Complex and has maps derived from Stand Alone Complex episodes
>>
Becaus it feels like CoD at first
also
>early access F2P so you still have to pay
pretty glad I got the free invite though
It's cool how there are 0 problems finding matches even though there are only 200 people playing
>>
>>344023392
It's really, REALLY bad.

Bullet spread is so wide you can literally have an entire enemy inside the spread area at very close range. Coupled with the CoD level TTK the gunplay is basically pure RNG, and no I'm not saying that like people do about CS:GO.

I sat down my friend who literally does not play pc games or fps in front of it and he just ran around unloading at enemies without even bothering to aim and had a KDR of over 2 because the other people were wasting time trying to aim and not just putting out the most bullets possible like he was. You'd think he was just stomping on shitters but he's a fucking horrible shitter himself.

Not just criticizing the gunplay, the maps are terrible and the netcode is just as bad if not worse. The abilities are a kinda neat idea but they themselves are not enough to salvage the game sucking serious ass.
>>
>>344026863
Not really. They only get into full on firefights which are even slightly comparable to the game in a couple of episodes. Doesn't usually have much action.
>>
>>344023392

>f2p game
>have to pay to start playing

wew
>>
The game is currently 1,74 euros, could someone get it for me?
>>
Because Neotokyo already exists.
>>
>>344023392
>I haven't played it, but it looks good. Especially if you're a GitS fan

kill yourself
>>
>>344029172
Does a game really exist when no one plays it?
>>
File: ss (2016-07-06 at 04.52.33).jpg (168 KB, 1309x785) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-07-06 at 04.52.33).jpg
168 KB, 1309x785
>>344029614
Fuck
>>
>>344023392
Because it plays like cod and not like neotokyo
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.