[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Half of PS4 exclusives are literally nothing but remasters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
>Half of PS4 exclusives are literally nothing but remasters and remakes

>No one cares

>Xbox One enables BC for free

>RDR Coming out, regarded as one of the best games to date

>People attack that Xbox users are sad because they're going to play an old game

Why is this allowed?
>>
A remake/remaster typically has visual upgrades... I can literally play this game on my ps3. This is a super sad[pathetic] thing if this is the reason to get an Xbox One.
>>
>>344016649

>game has a "good" story
>somehow it makes it one of the greatest games to date

No. And RDR's story isn't even original or good either, it was just a shock ending.
>>
>>344016997
Why buy two consoles when you can buy one? Backwards compatibility makes most sense to consumers. Only a cuck, like a sonygger, would buy two consoles at the same time.
>>
>>344017240

Who doesn't already own a PS3/360 though at this point, unless you fell for the trade in meme for early adopters. You didn't do that right?
>>
>>344017381
I sold my 360 because I got it during a time where I was a stupid teenager obsessed with console shooters and that's pretty much all I have on that console. I have a PS3 (which I got several years after the 360 and made sure I didn't fall into fucking shooters again), but I don't have Red Dead on it.
>>
>>344017381
A lot of people traded in their older systems to pay for the Xbone/PS4.
>>
Because it's okay when Sony does it.
>>
File: 1463673584660.jpg (88 KB, 625x833) Image search: [Google]
1463673584660.jpg
88 KB, 625x833
>>344017009
>implying the story was the only thing that made it great

are you just pretending to be retarded? because if so, you got me.
>>
>>344017857

I don't think people who fall for the "trade in your old console for $20 off the new one and each of your games is another $2 discount" count as actual humans though. More like sentient apes.

>>344017562

You still have a PS3. But I can see if you already had an Xbone, getting a port that may promise a better framerate and grass is more appealing that getting the PS3 port which was shit. But it will probably be indistinguishable from the 360 version.
>>
>>344016649
You can't play remaster on old consoles. If I wanted to play a PS3 or 360 game I'd just do it on those consoles
>>
>>344016649
I'm still salty af that we didn't get this on PC.
>>
>>344016649
>consolefags

Who cares about console casuals
>>
>>344018203

The story wasn't even good enough to make it great though.

Games average as fuck, I am convinced this game is only popular due to console war vs PC shitposting. Gameplay was average, story was typical rockstar formula, nothing about the game really stood out to me and I played it in the week of release. I remember being hyped as fuck before hand and then being disappointed with the game being a really lazy cookie cutter open world game.
>>
>>344018371
You did, since you bothered replying in this thread.
>>
>>344017009
RDR had mediocre story, boring quests and empty openworld. But all the pieces supported each other making it a great game.
>>
>>344018203
There is no area in which RDR excells other than "Muh atmosphere" which wears pretty thin after seeing the same repeated event for the 20th time.
>>
>>344018517

>le sum of it's parts arguement

Stop with this. People use it to defend shit games like Nu-Fallout and other Bethesda trash all the time, as well as Nu-Rockstar games.

Sick of it desu.
>>
Xbox 360 is a shittly designed box of components that overheats and dies constantly. Xbox One is a low powered laptop in a box that should survive a lot longer.

If Rockstar is going to be lazy cunts and not do a remaster of RDR for new gen and PC, then our next best reliable bet for preserving this game eternally is to go with backwards compatibility on a newer, more modern system.

The ONLY people complaining about this news, are jealous kids and teenagers who asked their parents for a PS4 and can't afford another console. Which is pathetic beyond all reasoning as it's almost as cheap as a WiiU. Must suck being a child.
>>
>>344018768
If you'd ever willingly let a microsoft console into your house then you have a lot of growing up for you. Nothing says underage more than XBOX. Autism in a box. Virginity in a box.
>>
Yeah I also sold my xbox 360 in 2013 after getting a decent PC and realizing that's the way to go this gen.
>>
File: 8887478.jpg (268 KB, 777x578) Image search: [Google]
8887478.jpg
268 KB, 777x578
Who cares about that noise, I need to know if Lost Odyssey will be playable on the One.
>>
>>344018768
>, then our next best reliable bet for preserving this game eternally is to go with backwards compatibility on a newer, more modern system.

What the actual fuck. I have the disc on my shelf, it is not going anywhere. It is already eternally preseved, numbnuts.
>>
File: 1465840617719.png (109 KB, 1228x1502) Image search: [Google]
1465840617719.png
109 KB, 1228x1502
>>344016997
pretty sure a lot of normies traded their ps3 in to take off 100-150 off NX then they go home and find out ps3 discs doesnt work on NX
>>
>>344018872

The OG Xbox was fantastic though, shame same can't be said about it's 2 sequels.

And this is coming from a guy who grew up with PS1 and PS2 and only got an Xbox later. I missed out big time as a kid with no Xbox.
>>
>implying true backwards compatibility
Shut up OP.
>>
>>344016649
>Half of PS4 exclusives are literally nothing but remasters and remakes

and the only game xbone has is Halo. Srsly buying a xbone was the biggest mistake I made and Halo 5 sucks dick.
>>
>>344018967

He means when the last 360 in existence RROD's you retard.

PS3 version was a sub par port.
>>
>>344016997
>I can literally play this game on my ps3.
But can you play it on your ps4? ;)
>>
>>344016649
>Xboners have so few games they get excited over being able to play something they've had unimpeded access to for six years

wow senpai
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.