[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does aloy's voice really not bother you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
does aloy's voice really not bother you?
>>
It does. A silent protagonist would have made the game a lot more interesting.
>>
>>344011756
Nope.
>>
No. I agree that she spoke a bit too much in the original reveal during the gameplay segment but it would be literally impossible for them to have her continue speaking constantly like that for the whole game so it was probably just specific to that announcement. She spoke less in the more recent stuff.

Her voice itself doesn't annoy me or anything either.
>>
>>344011756
>aloy
who?
>>
>>344012151
That one bird behind the robodino. The other birds name is stellio.
>>
>>344011969
I actually asking if the voice, as in the voice actress choice, didn't bother you
>>
Why would it bother me? The fact that she has a voice doesn't bother me as such, it was obvious this was going to be a spectacle-game with these production values and that means no no no to silent protagonists, everybody must have zingers or some percentage of the playerbase will get bored. Her voice actor isn't great but whatever, neither are most of them.
>>
>>344012471
No I don't have a problem with Ashly Burch's voice, but I don't like how it was used in this game's reveals.
>>
>>344011756
How come I'm locked into playing as her, what if I want to play as a blasian ftm transexual herm?
>>
>>344012553
>Why would it bother me?
because a character with that appearance having that voice is the same to me as a 2m tall black guy speaking with a woman's voice
well not exactly but you get the point
>>344012569
>No I don't have a problem with Ashly Burch's voice
but do you not have a problem with her voice on that character?
and while I agree it sounds like Ashley Burch I'm not 100% sure it's her and I haven't seen any official announcement
>>344012671
>what if I want to play as a blasian ftm transexual herm?
just get out and do stuff, it'll be as close as you'll get to that
>>
>>344011756
Her HAIR bothers me. Ratty dreads are the black death for boners, who the fuck thought this shit was a good idea?
>>
>>344012824
It's confirmed to be Ashly Burch.

I don't get why you keep asking the same question. The voice isn't the problem, it's what she's saying that's not good.
>>
>>344012130
>Her voice itself doesn't annoy me or anything either.

This. I actually watched a few trailers tonight to specifically focus on her voice and it sounds fine, it sounds appropriate and real. Her face is another thing, I'm not too keen on it but I'll get used to it.

If we can somehow knock off the t-rex head and wear it as a helmet I will be over the moon, that or homing missiles will take home this game for me
>>
>>344015153
>Her HAIR bothers me. Ratty dreads are the black death for boners, who the fuck thought this shit was a good idea?

Her dreads are less of a cosmetic choice but rather a depiction of natural phenomena, it's contextually realistic, your hair actually becomes like by itself that when you live the life of a caveman
>>
>>344011756
it's not so much the voice as it is the amount of dialogue, the perfect english pronunciation and the crappy script
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.