[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>has best implementation of summons and non-atb battle system
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: logo-ffx.png (31 KB, 414x251) Image search: [Google]
logo-ffx.png
31 KB, 414x251
>has best implementation of summons and non-atb battle system
>fucking worst everything else

This game makes me so got damn mad sometimes
>>
I'm a 20 year Final Fantasy veteran and honestly this is the second best one in the series after 7.

The most overrated is 9.
>>
summons are just a meatshield get out of jail free card
>>
>>344001940
Came to post this.
>>
>>344001940
7 is the overrated one. 10 is the best, then 9, then 6.
>>
>>344001940
Maybe a 20 year old Final Fantasy "veteran". IX isn't even overrated, you're just upset because it has faults but everyone bashes X more

>>344002079
>he doesn't like collecting summons
>>
>>344003096

X has 10/10 gameplay and story. IX has sluggish unfulfilling combat and the story is a mess
>>
>>343999863
>has best implementation of summons
They are literal meatshields the second you get them.

I still agree. At least its more interesting than just a long ass cutscene and a bit more damage than your usual skills on the character.
>>
>>344003650
>X
>story
Nope, not when all but two of your party members are shallow and uninteresting.
>>
>>344003771

Every character was unique and interesting and had their own motivations for journeying.
>>
>>344002635
>7 is the overrated one
Back then? Yeah
Today? Hell no.
It's definitely the most hated FF next to FF13.
>>
>>344004242
X-2 and VIII are deservedly more hated
>>
I just started this game recently, I'm up to the calm plains, is it normal to really have to really fight your way through each battle? Every single enemy encounter feels so difficult and constantly leaves my entire team with really low amounts of hp. The part up ahead where you enter the tomb is just punishingly difficult.

Do I have to grind in this game or what?
>>
>>344004478
>Asking if you have to grind in a JRPG
Jesus Christ, if you're having a hard time then grind a little. It's not a Bethesda game where enemies level with you.
>>
>>344004478
FFX can be beaten without ever touching the sphere grid. You most certainly do not need to grind.
>>
>>344004478

Na sounds like you're playing it game wrong.

Use wakka for flying things
Tidus for dogs
Auron for armored things
Lulu for flans
Steal with rikku to one shot robots
Khimara is useless

Haste is extremely useful
Armor break is sometimes necessary
Wakka should have some status things like blind buster that trivialise some hard enemies

If all else fails get yuna to summon
>>
>>343999863
> worst everything else
your taste is the worst

>>344001940
> the most overrated is 9
Make that 12.
>>
>>343999863

OP is absolutely correct and not a faggot.

Why did such a good battle system have to be trapped in such an awful game?
>>
X has a good story with some good twists
>>
File: Blitzball.webm (3 MB, 640x364) Image search: [Google]
Blitzball.webm
3 MB, 640x364
>Use the expert Sphere Grid
>Send Rikku down Auron's side of the Grid
>Suddenly she's one shotting everything except with a faster speed than Teedus
>>
>>344006658
I like its world. I like that spiral of death concept and how for as colorful as it is the world of Spira is probably the second or third most grim world in FF's library. The only thing I have against X is that the character designs are wacky as fuck and the MC is an annoying shit in the beginning.
>>
File: 1467545498724.gif (2 MB, 304x226) Image search: [Google]
1467545498724.gif
2 MB, 304x226
>>344004478

>Literally beat this game when it came when I was in the 5th grade
>Grown man having trouble
>>
>>344004904
I'll keep it in mind, especially the haste usage, I kind of do things along those lines already, the enemies just do such huge damage to me dude
>>
>They added JRPG elements to mix things up, made the game tactical with a fun leveling system

>They decided to go further than that for future games

FFX was the beginning of the end, despite having good gameplay.
>>
>>344006882
Did you ever grind or did you just go through the story and only fight on the path to the next location?
>>
>>344006882
I think the only walls that are legitimate to complain about are Seymour 3 and Yunalesca and that's because you probably didn't know not to cure zombie during stage 2 of that fight so you don't get fucked over by Mega Death

But this does highlight a problem I have with X in that during the campaign the battles feel almost like a puzzle sometimes with you deciding which character is going to do what because each character has a specific job and specific strengths and weaknesses. And then you get to the endgame and suddenly the game turns into Disgaea with everyone just grinding for big numbers and Auto Life replacing HP entirely
>>
>>344006930
Power break with Auron will help against the tougher enemies, but a lot of it is using the right party member for the right situation.
Also you don't lose exp by having them all do a turn so that everybody gains experience
>>
>>344004242
Most hated by /v/
it still has a massive fan base among normies and weebs
>>
>>344006930
Also have Yuna use protect. And don't be afraid to use summons as tanks. That's what they're there for
>>
>>344007119
>Power break with Auron will help against the tougher enemies, but a lot of it is using the right party member for the right situation.
>Also you don't lose exp by having them all do a turn so that everybody gains experience

I always try to involved everyone so that everyone gets exp, I left khimari alone permanently though because someone said he is useless and it actually becomes counter productive later in the game if you level him. What about the albhed girl, should I level her or leave her alone?

Everyone else is on constant rotation, the damage that gets inflicted on me is just huge though, my party might take 2~3 hits and bringing yuna into battle to heal them while loosing a turn, only to have that damage reinstated a second later just frustrates me

I think I might just be really bad
>>
>>344007342
>Also have Yuna use protect. And don't be afraid to use summons as tanks. That's what they're there for

I'll try that and I am really conservative with my summons, I always feel like I need to save them for something big
>>
>>344007457

what specific enemies are giving you a hard time?
>>
>>344007457
If you're in the Calm Lands then Bahamut will be your boss killer since he's the only one that comes with Break Damage Limit built in. Also if you're in the Calm Lands then Yuna's NulFire is the way to go to mitigate some of the damage dealt by the Flans, Elementals, and Chimeras. Yuna, Wakka, and Rikku are all crazy useful for their utility, especially in the early game. Rikku is almost a better Yuna if you have a bunch of Al Bhed potions. Which you should because you can steal them from the mechs while one shotting them.
>>
>>344007397
Rikkus is meant to be one of the best post-game characters, and her al bhed potions are great at a healing if Yuna isn't about.
>>
>>344007546
It's not one specific enemy, it's just every encounter just feels like a really tough fight and dose a number on my party, by the time I reach the next save point all my party is on dangerously low hp and I feel like I'm just barely ticking along. During battles they can only take like 2~3 hits max and it just feels like I could be playing the game better. I dont feel like I've got a handle on things, the game feels like it's in control.

>>344007620
>>344007821

Thanks for the tips, I'll start giving more attention to Rikku in that case
>>
>>344007884
Just remember certain things about X:

-Haste is amazing and makes a lot of otherwise harder fights pathetically easy
-Wakka's status attacks, especially his Darkness inflicting attack, trivializes a lot of mobs
-Rikku's mixes will end up breaking the game
-Lulu's usefulness falls off towards the end of the game since Yuna is a better mage than her
-Summons are there to tank damage you'd rather not take yourself
-Kimhari is useless but you still need him to learn Mighty Guard during his Ronso fight
-Also start getting used to using Rikku's items, they're a hell of a lot more useful than you think
-Use the weapon customization. Stonetouch and Darktouch trivializes a lot of mobs (although Stonetouch makes it so enemies don't drop loot on death)
>>
X has one of the best set of game mechanics of the series and one of the worst stories and cast.
>>
>>344002635
Almost perfect
> 10
> 6
> 9

Then, completing the ranking
- 13 / 8
>>
>>344008151
Thanks for the tips, I will definently be utilizing what you've mentioned. I did not know haste was so useful, I dont think I've ever used it either
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.