[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Obscure" games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 15
File: th.jpg (14 KB, 230x208) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
14 KB, 230x208
This is thread to discuss that one game you played that you never see talked about or even acknowledged.
Games like pic related or Snood.

Please don't talk about Snood, fuck Snood. Snood can go to hell
>>
>>343995575
>meteos
>obscure

Sage for faggotry
>>
File: N64_-_Sin_&_Punishment.jpg (84 KB, 250x348) Image search: [Google]
N64_-_Sin_&_Punishment.jpg
84 KB, 250x348
Meteos was a good as fuck game OP.
>>
>>343995575
I have the cart for this sitting on my desk right now, it's always to hand.
>>
>>343995969
>he thinks people still care about meteos
>>
File: Child_of_Eden.jpg (34 KB, 250x295) Image search: [Google]
Child_of_Eden.jpg
34 KB, 250x295
Fucking great ass game that NEVER gets talked about much here or anywhere.
>>
>>343995575
>the IP for Meteos was bought in 2015
NEW METEOS GAME WHEN
>>
>>343995575
Meteos was so fucking weird
>>
>>343998593
Source? By who?
>>
>>343998862
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-01-27-mobcast-acquires-lumines-and-meteos-ip
>>
>>343999014
>smartphone developer
Fuck me.

New Meteos and Lumines on the 3DS would be fucking amazing though. Maybe for the NX since it's right around the corner, so to speak.
>>
lmao even my mom had meteos
get more obscure anon
>>
>>343995575
I played this shit out of this on my DS. I have it in my 3DS carrying case right now
>>
>>343996698
>so obscure it got a sequel years later
WOOOOWWWW
>>
File: Snood_Coverart.png (119 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
Snood_Coverart.png
119 KB, 252x252
hey guys
how about that snood, eh?

good stuff.
>>
>>343999481
FUCK SNOOD AND FUCK YOU
>>
>>343999442
>so obscure most people remember the sequel and not the original
>said sequel is barely even more more popular than the original ever was
>literally the vast majority of people who play games have probably never played either
Sure, bro.
>>
File: fxnhg.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
fxnhg.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>343997448
>remember that quick look with ryan davis
>remember he's dead
>>
12.7 KDA Superstar Jungler?
>>
>>343999328
If we're lucky someone more trustworthy will get the rights; and then we get the Meteos game we deserve.
>>
File: LostMagic_Coverart.jpg (112 KB, 256x230) Image search: [Google]
LostMagic_Coverart.jpg
112 KB, 256x230
I would kill for a sequel
>>
Oh shit, now I remember Snood. Whatever the fuck those things freaked me out at a kid.
>>
What the fuck is Snood?
>>
>>343995575
>blocks come in exclusively vertically
>you can only move blocks vertically
>No possible way to move blocks between columns or set up even slightly intricate combos
Who the fuck thought that was a good idea
>>
>>344000440
All you need to know is that it's a blight on God's green earth
>>
File: 7th_Dragon.jpg (29 KB, 373x336) Image search: [Google]
7th_Dragon.jpg
29 KB, 373x336
Let me clarify here.
I'm talking about after both 2020 was announced and the period passed when we thought we'd get it brought over (roughly around when EO3 was announced).Before that point it had quite a lot of talk and hype (even my own input). Then it just kinda fell off the map.
After playing it, I can see why (not very casual-friendly for one and there are a number of odd issues (such as some classes not having a way to use their skills from the start due to the first town not selling everything necessary)), but it's still an alright little game. It could have really, REALLY benefited from EOU's master-category unlock system (i.e. put points in the main tree and most skills in it unlock for "free") and having multi points needed to a single point sucks ass (such as Save the Queen needing two (or three) points just for the bare minimum). Still I gotta say, I like some aspects of it that hadn't made it into EO or were done here first.

I wish Mota had gotten more work in vidya (except that I think he worked on that newest genkai touki game, which, eh, it's something). I really like his style. I dislike how no other 7thDragon games are like this one either because it really does have a good atmosphere, which although cliche, is still a bit different from your bogstandard swords and sorcery world.

I think 2020 and the 3DS game are alright in a different sort of way, but: one) limiting parties to 3 sucks ass, 2) animations take FAR too fucking long in the 3DS game (not sure about PSP, but I'm sure it is similar) iii) the art design and atmosphere took a huge fucking nosedive
The class system is pretty different, arguably in a good way (hacker is a neat twist on debuffs, and duelist is a trippy version of the bogstandard mage), but I hate how you lose so much team symmetry by not having a 4th member.

I imagine people will talk about the 3DS game, at least for a while.
>>
>>344000496
>or set up even slightly intricate combos
Are you fucking retarded?

Try moving blocks of the same color in different columns together in order to create bigger combos.

Also moving blocks between columns would've broken the game. The Disney version let you do that and it was way easier because of it.
>>
>>344000496
Sakurai, still love the game
>>
>>344000496
>or set up even slightly intricate combos
Combos are easy to set up, you connect falling "islands" with blocks on the ground. You're an idiot.
>>
>>343999926
Never ever, laddy (in english, that is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LostMagic)
Damn shame. Never played it, but heard mostly good things. Can't imagine what multiplayer was like.
>>
>>343995575
Apparently Puzzle Bobble is obscure since everyone thought Snood was the second fucking coming of Christ, like it was some novel new game concept. At least when Popcap ripped it off they made the levels more dynamic (Zuma).
>>
>>344000132
>Snood and meteos were my first NDS games
Christ what the fuck was wrong with me
>>
>>344000769
>Combos are easy to set up, you connect falling "islands" with blocks on the ground. You're an idiot.
This. I pretty much sucked at the game but even I knew that. There are multiple ways to create "intricate combos" and the game can get pretty damn crazy if you're good.

>deliberately waiting to connect a series of the same color of block until you get more of that block so that you can get a bigger lift off
>lifting off islands from the ground so they can join in with falling blocks
>doing whatever you can to make bigger chains of blocks exit the screen

Meteos was fun as fuck. I should go back to it.
>>
File: gunvalkyrie_usa_.jpg (131 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
gunvalkyrie_usa_.jpg
131 KB, 640x908
>>343995575
Best game on Xbox in my opinion. Incredibly satisfying to master.
>>
I played meteos when the servers for planet puzzle league died
if there's a trick to it, I don't get it at all
I can go extremely fast in tetris attack and puzzle fighter, but this shit? makes no sense.
>>
>>344001315
I only recall fapping to that picture years ago.
>>
>>343995575
Meteos is great

if only Meteos Wars was half as good
>>
File: Secrets_Can_Kill_Coverart.png (158 KB, 256x332) Image search: [Google]
Secrets_Can_Kill_Coverart.png
158 KB, 256x332
Anybody play any of these games?
>>
File: untitled.png (122 KB, 186x271) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
122 KB, 186x271
maybe not that obscure, but I never see threads for it. wonder if it's worth finishing. can't even remember why I stopped playing. I think the ammo system put me off maybe.
>>
>>344001991
My mom and sister have played every single one. I played two of them, the ski resort castle one and the ranch one.
>>
File: colloseum.jpg (2 MB, 3218x2150) Image search: [Google]
colloseum.jpg
2 MB, 3218x2150
One of my favorite ps2 games
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>344002290
I remember this being brought up by someone regarding FFCC on gamecube and how Eden did it first.
>>
>>343996698
Being good doesn't mean not being obscure.
>>
>>344002290
Isn't that the one where you have all these lightsaber-esque weapons that level up if you kill enough dudes with them?
And where you have QTEs in cutscenes that don't kill you, but just damage you if you fail them?
I remember renting that game as a kid.
>>
>>344001991
I played a few of them. The one that comes to mind was at some sort of Ski Snowy Place with a Wolf.
They're alright, I suppose. Never finished one of them, though.
>>
File: Claw_Coverart.png (173 KB, 256x308) Image search: [Google]
Claw_Coverart.png
173 KB, 256x308
>>
>>344003179
MAGIC CLAW MAGIC CLAW MAGIC CLAW
>>
>>344002985
You're right about energy weapons, but it didn't have QTEs, and you played with squad of 4 with different abilities, like mechanic which fixes broken stuff, hacker, big cyborg who was immune to fire, gas and stuff and bossman who was used to open specific doors and speak with important people. Also the game was full of puzzles, drug maniacs, cannibals and mutants.
>>
>>344003474
Ooohh I was thinking of a completely different game. I think I remember now.
Was the first level some kind of sewers?
>>
File: KKnD2.jpg (113 KB, 640x782) Image search: [Google]
KKnD2.jpg
113 KB, 640x782
>>
>>344003783
That OST was fucking radical.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJzZthjFHEM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZsaTLb_V4Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5rpY7JKAaQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEaY-4vI2Xs
>>
>>344003593
Sort of. You had to access few parts of the first area trough god-knows-what derelict tunnels and moist pipes everywhere
>>
>>344002165
That game was bitchin
>>
>>344001991
I remember there was one where Nancy had to investigate a high school in Hollywood or something and
>that one part where the killer reveals herself and that she has an accomplice
>she talks about her evil plan to you from a lit control booth while you're in a dark room ( a movie set?)
>she turns all the lights off and her accomplice is coming after you with a knife in the dark
I had nightmares for a fucking week
>>
>>344000639
I'm playing this right now. It's pretty good but I struggled at the beginning because I kept dying against the monsters outside the first city. It's definitely not easy unless you grind.
And yeah the artstyle is great it's the main reason I picked it up
All girl party ftw
>>
>>343995575
i found a cart of contact on ds and played through most of it in a day but the cart stopped working. i've seen it mentioned probably twice since release
>>
File: Cubivorebox.jpg (27 KB, 250x355) Image search: [Google]
Cubivorebox.jpg
27 KB, 250x355
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.