[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We are about to go through a second video game crash within the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
We are about to go through a second video game crash within the next few years.

The huge lack of integrity by the Jewish run video game industry will plummet game sales into the ground.
As more and more gamers seek older games(HD Remakes and Speed Running) and leading developers and publishers mutilate their games with DLC the bubble is about to burst.

The video game apocalypse is right around the corner.
>>
>>343994396
>The video game apocalypse is right around the corner.
Just like PC gaming dying for the last 10 or what years?
>>
File: Wight.jpg (534 KB, 1600x1440) Image search: [Google]
Wight.jpg
534 KB, 1600x1440
>>343994396
and something about computers harboring conscious entities of an unidentifiable nature but who cares
>>
video game crash was caused by too many consoles
there are literally 3 consoles that are relevant now
>>
>>343994549
More like 2
>>
im guessing you're referring to the neo and scorpio, in which case you're a complete retard
>>
>>343994508
Consoles absorbed many PC developers. They won't have anywhere else to go. It will be a disaster of monumental proportions.
>>
>>343994396
Whatever. Even if you're somehow right, the PC market is there to backstop things just as it did in the 80s. But now it's even larger and healthier.
>>
I wish something like this happened but it won't. It's too big to failâ„¢.
>>
>>343994680
>Consoles absorbed many PC developers
Who? Sony and MS first party is largely irrelevant, Nintendo is still just Nintendo and would survive regardless. Hell Sega is primarily a PC publisher now.
>>
>>343994885
http://www.pcworld.com/article/143646/article.html

this has been happening for years dude.

just about every major console developer used to be PC only.
>>
>>343994885
If you think of a developer that has made a PC exclusive in the mid 00s or so (or earlier) chances are they're primarily making console games now. CDPR, Bethesda, Crytek, Bioware, id, Remedy, Dice, just off the top of my head.
>>
>>343995510
>2008
Ha. Come on. Please. The market has changed drastically since then. Steam was still in it's infancy at that point. That was the era of no ports/shit ports and "The PC is dying". Now almost everything is on PC too. EA and Ubi both have their own PC distro platforms, etc.

>>343995523
AAA games are made on all platforms to maximize their market. If the consoles crash, guess what the market is. PC.
>>
>only buy good games
>don't buy shit games
you are entertained. who cares what happens to the companies?
>>
>>343995948
>AAA games are made on all platforms to maximize their market.
Yes but the games are still designed for consoles. Occasionally PC gets some special attention but more often than not things are barely changed at all. Sometimes the devs seem to not even have bothered doing the least bit of optimizing for the PC version.

I don't even know what you're arguing for but tons of former PC devs are now making console games.
>>
>>343996219
>PC devs are now making console games.
Those games are all multiplat. My point is if the console market "crashes" they won't disappear, they'll just be making PC games.
>>
>>343996774
Budgets will get smaller because no AAA publisher is going to want to fund PC games. They'll just go to mobile and take all the former PC devs with them. Some might move to PC but if they're reliant on publishers they won't.
>>
>>343996952
>no AAA publisher is going to want to fund PC games
yeah no
>>
>>343994662

3DS and WiiU, right? I would add PC but that's not a console.
>>
>>343997459
You're lying to yourself if you think with consoles gone that we would be getting those multi million dollar games on PC. Either budgets will fall or, more likely, everything will just move over to mobile with PC staying relatively where it is. Maybe there'd be mobile ports to PC then, I don't know. Not saying some devs won't move to PC but the majority will follow the publishers, who will be following the money.

I still think that's a good deal though since the majority of AAA games are garbage anyway.
>>
>>343997759
Budgets may fall for the biggest titles sure. But that's fine CoD/Battlefield isn't quite as huge. Big deal.

I categorically reject that this would be anything close to a "video game apocalypse". And besides which, the premise is whiny and absurd to begin with.
>>
>>343998024
Depends on what you mean by apocalypse. I think 90% of devs and publishers will move to mobile with the other 10% either just leaving the industry entirely/going out of business or developing for PC. So instead of console ports PC would get mobile ports. There won't be a huge resurgence of PC though if this were to happen. At least in my expectation.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.