[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What games have you played that didn't contain a single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
What games have you played that didn't contain a single dull moment?
Games that were so immersive and attention sucking to the point that you couldn't take your eyes off the screen?
The only thing that comes to mind is the Bayonetta franchise. That shit was crazy.
>>
>>343979829

Every rail shooter i've played.
>>
Einhander was like this. It was a 2D shooter for the PS1. Even when there weren't enemies on the screen, there was so much atmosphere in the game so there was never really a dull moment there either.
>>
Metal Gear Rising

I was grinning through pretty much every second of it. A game hadn't made me feel like that in a long time.
>>
>2 hours of cutscenes
>"not a dull moment"

lol.

On topic, I'd say FTL. The game constantly threw curveballs at me in every sector, and the moding community blew me away.
>>
>>343979829
the witcher 3
At first I didn't want to commit too much, probably because the story is picking up very slowly, but then there was this red baron quest about his aborted child, and holy fucking shit it got me so hard I literally counted minutes at work so I can finally come home and keep on playing it.
This game is amazing lads
>>
File: Vanquish-feature.jpg (531 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Vanquish-feature.jpg
531 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>343979829
BioShock
I liked Batman AK
Bloodborne
Shantae1
Phoenix Wright1
NewStarfox
GuitarHero
>>
File: 1_free_internet.jpg (67 KB, 850x719) Image search: [Google]
1_free_internet.jpg
67 KB, 850x719
>>343982105
A spark in my heart reignites any time anyone else mentions Einhander. That game just flowed from one level to the next.
>>
>>343979829
I think Vanquish but I don't remember if it had any dull moments. I don't think it did
>>
>>343979829
Bayonetta 1 was a lot better in that regard because you had to be fucking on your feet ready for an instadeath QTE.
Also 2 had that dumb ass lets walk while this character talks but it's not a cutscene bullshit.
>>
>>343983658
>lets walk while this character talks but it's not a cutscene bullshit.
You mean like Assassin's Creed-style?
>>
>>343979829
Resident Evil 4.
>>
>>343982710
this. MGR is just full of crazy shit. love it even though i suck ass at it.
>>
>>343983658
QTE instadeath was garbage and so were the vehicle sections.
>>
>>343983072
Ah, still in the honeymoon phase i see.

Well it is a good game. But it has plenty of dull moments
>>
>>343984463
>QTE instadeath was garbage
I agree but god damn if it wasn't effective at making you pay attention.
>Vehicle sections
Hold the phone there pal. Motorcycle was bitching. Space Harrier sucked though.
>>
bayo 1 > 2
>>
>>343984062
This. I'll probably never play anything that can ever be compared to this masterpiece.
It's sad that the series is a dogshit now.
>>
Even Bayonetta had dull moments. Why does platinum insist on those shitty minigames in every one of their games? I know they're sort of a beat-em-up staple but fuck, they're always dogshit.
>>
>>343979829
Resident evil 1 2 3
Red Orchestra 2
Bioshock 1 and 2
Manhunt 1 and 2
Dead rising 1 and 2
Dishonored
>>
>>343985532
dead space 2 is pretty good.
>>
>>343985931
ughh manuhnt was so good
i should replay that shit soon
>>
File: Lost Planet 2.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Lost Planet 2.webm
3 MB, 720x405
>>343979829
>>
Dark Souls 1 the first time i ever played it blind. After that it was kind of ehh.
>>
>>343986142
Yo, is lost planet 2 good even though I don't have anyone to play with?
>>
>>343986447
I liked it Solo but I am not most people
>>
>>343986378
wish they'd randomize enemies or have them wander around the maps.

do people actually enjoy this the way it is?

that's such archaic crappy design from the nes era. also, a day/night system would be nice.
>>
>>343982782
what're some mods you recommend?
>>
>>343986089
Manhunt is my favorite game of all time Anon
>>
>>343986669
Well I was really immersed in the world of the game and the gameplay but, after you pass it once its really boring to play through the same thing again. It really loses its mystique.
>>
>>343986378
I wish there was some kind of mod that would randomise enemy placement in DaS1.
Imagine how fucking crazy that would be.
>>
>>343986782
pretty far ahead of its time.

even had a cover system.

I wonder if it had some influence on re4.

came out 2 years before it. very similar atmosphere/enemies (chainsaw guy,etc.)
>>
>>343982782
>not knowing how to enjoy a cutscene
>>
>>343985380
>Space Harrier sucked though.

>Not liking space harrier
>>
>>343986960
because it's EXACTLY the same every single time.

which could be easily corrected.
>>
>>343987357
I wouldn't mind it as much if they didn't lock the best boss fight in the game behind it.
God damn Jeanne 4 was so good.
>>
>>343987438

>not liking having space harrier AND jeanne fight on the same chapter

what's wrong with you?
>>
>>343979829
Ace Combat Zero
>>
>>343985380
it was like 10 minutes. not a big deal.

same with the boss fights in human revolution. it's blown out of proportion. people like to nitpick actually flawless games to feel special.
>>
>>343987628
It's an annoying autoscroller that breaks the game's tempo and pacing. It's not stylish. It's not fun.
I hated the SHMUP in TW101 and I hated Rocket Space Harrier in Bayonetta.
>>
>>343987778
>It's not fun

fuck you, space harrier is fun
>>
>>343987778
fuck that black kid in 2. also, the lame unmemorable final boss fight. who was it again? I don't even remember. that game was such a retread it's not even funny. and people whine about TP. this was far worse.

also moon river sucks.
>>
>>343988035
Loptr/Aesir? Yeah it was pretty uninspired and if memory serves it's essentially the same as the other two times you fight him.
The retcon was lame.
>>
Ninja Gaiden 2 - beat in 2 days
Ratchet Deadlocked - beat in 12 hours
Mass Effect 2 - beat in 2 days
Catherine - almost platinumed in 12 hours
God of War 3 - platinumed in 1 day
>>
>>343985380
Space Harrier wasn't that long. I'd agree with you if it were longer but it was just a short gag.
>>
>>343979829
It's those times when you just blow through a good one that remind you why you love video games.

Last one for me was The Wonderful 101.
>>
Metal Slug 3
>>
>>343988875
I haven't felt like this in a long time. Maybe I'm losing interest.
>>
File: Asura's_Wrath_Cover_Art.png (356 KB, 250x266) Image search: [Google]
Asura's_Wrath_Cover_Art.png
356 KB, 250x266
This game is the definiton of a wild ride

>you start out jumping off a space ship during a massive space battle and hurtling down to earth as you just blow shit up with your bare hands and punch a continent sized monster in the face
>the game ends by you riding (litterally standing on top of it) a spaceship as it breaks through the atmosphere, growing to the size of a planet, and flying through interstellar space as God throws planets and stars at you before you punch him in the face so hard it makes the Big Bang
>In between, you get crushed by a finger the size of a nation as a planet sized buddha tries to kill you, you get skewered by a sword the size of the solar system through the earth, and you get drunk and play around with geisha girls in a hot spring

I don't care if it's 60% QTE's, it's amazing
>>
>>343982710
Came here to say this. I hadn't had a game in years that had me literally saying "Woohoo!" at the screen like I was on some kind of awesome ride.
>>
Not even gonna read this thread but knowing this board it's filled with the usual Platinum shit and a smattering of Devil May Cry.

Yes children! Bright flashing lights, masher combos, and coolio characters! Haha, hype! Isn't that fun?
>>
>>343979829
Demon's Souls
>>
>>343990515
That's nice.

What was the last game that had you completely immersed, anon?
>>
>>343979829

Catherine
Borderlands 2
World at War
Lollipop Chainsaw
All the Gears of Wars
Tomb Raider
Psychonauts
Jet Set Radio Future
NBA Streets
Sims 2 for the console

I cant think of any more, but there are a couple of games out there with addictive paces like that
>>
The new Doom was fun as hell, I maranthoned the game until I finished it
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.