[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell is this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: download (2).jpg (12 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
12 KB, 190x265
What the hell is this?
>>
Sin and Punishment, 10/10 game
>>
I never beat this game
Will try to beat on my softmod wii again
>>
My 2nd favorite 64 game, it's a shame it's so obscure.
THIRD GAME NEVER EVER; ;
>>
Play the Wii sequel
>>
File: sin-punishment-2.jpg (27 KB, 300x220) Image search: [Google]
sin-punishment-2.jpg
27 KB, 300x220
>>343979853
>Will try to beat on my softmod wii again

That might be the reason you can't beat it. It controls much better with an actual N64 controller.
>>
Vidyakino
>>
>>343980240
I know :( I sold my N64 Everdrive 1,5 year ago

Will try emulating with 360 controller
>>
What i want to know is, what makes this game so special?
>>
a good game
>>
>>343982903

The cool presentation, the wacky over the top, evangelion-esque setting, the music.... but mostly, it's the gameplay. It's one of the most complex on-rail shooting games, you can jump, dodge, shoot normal and lock-on bullets, perform melee attacks and deflect projectiles. Getting used to the game may take a bit, but once it clicks with you, it feels really good, and you can feel yourself getting better at it. It's treasure's expertise.

Also, in one of the last levels, the game changes perspective and it turns into a side-scrolling run n' gun game, like Contra. Or one of the mini-bosses turns into a some kind of block falling puzzle game. There's a lot of genre-bending within the game, without it feeling gimmicky, it all makes sense within the game's system and control scheme.

you should play it and see for yourself.
>>
>>343979704
One of the best, most overlooked N64 games and definitely one of the best rail shooters ever made.

And the sequel is even better.
>>
>>343984014
Ive played, but at the end i just wanted more and i dont know anyone who has played this to talk with. I just feel like i dont really understand very much about the game and since its not really big here i feel sort of empty without having the overexposure of a good expierence or product
TLDR i want to know what made it good
>>
>>343984962
If the sequel was better than why didnt it do well? Im not trying to be mean, just asking
>>
The sequel is a better Star Fox than Star Fxo
>>
>>343985187

I don't know if you're aware but if you beat the game on hard, you unlock the frameskip/turbo mode, basically it's shit goes crazy mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqt-io47zUQ

If you want more S&P, there's the Wii sequel as others have said, which is good, and if you want to know more about the plot there's a manga out there, but I think it's only in japanese, not sure if it has a translation.
>>
>>343979704
GOOD MORNING SAH KEY
>>
>>343985307
Lack of marketing and the "Wii doesn't have hardcore games" meme. You had to dig to find stuff like it.
>>
>>343985524
Thanks for the tip anon ill look into the manga
>>
>>343985307
Dead genre
>>
>>343980240
You sure? Have you try just altering the controls? I just reversed like two buttons and it plays like a dream.
>>
tfw want to play this again but my video cables on my Wii are fucked
how well does it emulate on PC?
>>
File: R2VE01.png (1 MB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
R2VE01.png
1 MB, 1024x680
>>343985307
It was the toothpaste font - normie rebellent
>>
>>343986473

I only tried it with the gamecube controller on the wii, but the main problem was the dead zones on the sticks, I'd assume the same thing would happen on most other modern controllers like Xbox, DS3, etc.
The N64 controller's stick has one problem, and that is that it gets loose with use, but dead zones it has not, it's one of the most precise sticks I've tried.
>>
>>343986632
That game kicked my ass like a red headed step child, jesus christ I loved it.
>>
>>343986632
But wait why is the sequel better than the original, i thought sequels were objectively shit
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.