[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone ever actually beat this fucking game? If so, is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: Final_Fantasy_Tactics_Logo.jpg (70 KB, 621x254) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_Tactics_Logo.jpg
70 KB, 621x254
Did anyone ever actually beat this fucking game?

If so, is it worth it?
>>
Advance was better t b h
>>
I have both the PS1 version and the PSP version.
Which one is better?
>>
>>343979057
iirc, they added some shit to the PSP version (such as the Onion Knight class) and added some more stylized cutscenes and shit.

But I only ever played the PS1 version.
>>
File: 1422485712233.jpg (7 KB, 130x179) Image search: [Google]
1422485712233.jpg
7 KB, 130x179
>>343978690
Nice bait, faggot.
>>
>>343978363
>/v/ says game is laughably easy
>no one has beaten it
>>
>>343979057
Ps1 romhack > psp > ps1
>>
>>343978363
I mean, yeah, for closure and to see Orlandu in action.
>>
>>343979648
>Using Orlandu
Why not just buy a gameshark anob?
>>
Are you kidding? This game was easy as shit. That said, I still haven't completed Deep Dungeon. Have beat the game though. To me the fun of Tactics was the character customization and making little gods to ravage the battlefields. The story was competent, but not terribly engaging. I reply it all the time.
>>
I beat it multiple times
the ending gave me feels because Ramza and his crew was the true hero that everyons ignored and Delita was the written hero who was more of an Antagonist

A lot of the god stuff felt like an asspull thouv
>>
>>343978690
>>
>>343979712
EXACTLY.

"Ooh, super cool teen has the sword which can recreate the universe HURR DURR!"
BITCH IT TAKES A LIFETIME TO GET GOOD, and FFT displayed that correctly.
>>
>>343979712

Because he's there. If the game gives him to you why would you not be expected to use him?
>>
>>343979057
psp has shit framerate on spells

just pick one and play. its a good fucking game
>>
>>343978363

What? Yes, to both questions.

There's a branch or two where you don't have access to the overworld, thus killing your ability to grind to higher levels if you can't defeat a boss (*cough* WEIGRAF *cough*). But even at that, you should be able to yell/scream/accumulate and run away long enough to essentially 1-shot him.

FFT in my opinion is still one of the top 10 games of all time. The story is epic and sweeping, the music is amazing, the gameplay is deep and nuanced.

FFT:Lions was a great port, barring the slowdowns on abilities. Overall I'd recommend it over the original.
>>
>>343978363
I beat it. I remember it having some fights that I had to do over a few times but it generally wasn't a very hard game. It was fun, though. I totally recommend it.
>>
I have this game for GBA mint still in box. Whats wrong with this version?
>>
>>343981427
I agree that it's a great game, but the story wasn't THAT good...
>>
File: ogre64.jpg (131 KB, 1133x698) Image search: [Google]
ogre64.jpg
131 KB, 1133x698
Why are strategy rpgs so, so superior to standard rpgs?
>>
>>343978363
one of my favorites

Maybe a bit tough at the start, but you get over that hump pretty quick.
>>
>>343981572
GBA game has nothing to do with the original, you're a kid from the real world that gets sucked into a book, yadda yaddda
>>
>>343981427

Oh, another thing to mention is that PPSSPP in its current iteration is a more user-friendly emulator than most PS1 emu's. I purchased a PSP for the sole purpose of playing FFT:Lions...wasn't disappointed but the device is clearly designed for a younger audience. Would get cramps from staring at such a tiny screen for so long.

Apparently Square released FFT:Lions for android devices as well, can't verify that though.
>>
>>343978363
Yes, I beat it thousands of years ago.

The intro through wiegraf is way better than any of the convoluted shit they get into later.
>>
One of my favorite games, famalam. Thanks for the reminder to replay it. I've been bored lately.
>>
>>343981726
Why the fuck does he have blonde hair on the box art?
>>
I also beat it with solo ramza, which was interesting...
>>
>>343979448
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/cheats
I've beaten it dozens of times.

Ninja - Become a level 3 Archer, level 4 Thief, and level 2 Geomancer

Level characters specifically for becoming ninjas. Learn the Equip Sword skill from knights. Set in on your team of ninjas, then equip two longswords. Destroy everything.
>>
>>343978363
Yes. Yes I did.
Many times.
DESU it's probably more fun to just walk around and grind up characters or jobs in various chapters.
>>
>>343981608

It's got dozens and dozens of characters and multiple factions and twists. Has a nice mixture of overarching political intrigue and of characters who's personal, individual stories are swept up into the larger plotline. Feels sort like Star Wars in that regard.

I use that comparison, but I don't think Star Wars as a series is particularly good. It's all just opinion and completely relative.
>>
>>343979712
Because the game gets kind of tedious toward the end. I used cheap strategies in Tactics Ogre LUCT for the same reason.
>>
want remake or re something
>>
I beat it twice. First time I didn't understand a thing since it was the japanese version. I fell in love with the game when a friend who was visiting from japan bought it to play on my modded ps1
>>
>>343978363
Of course. FFT is not particularly difficult at all other than a few key fights (Weigraf, those ultima twin bitches). Its just time consuming as fuck.
>>
>>343978363

Its one of the better strategy rpgs out there..
The only thing is that the camera angle sucks, it can screw you up.
>>
File: FFTWOTLjob.png (155 KB, 1298x875) Image search: [Google]
FFTWOTLjob.png
155 KB, 1298x875
>>343978363
>playing FFT
>hard as fuck
>get that one guy
>game becomes easy as fuck
>still have fun with it, enjoying maxing jobs
>get cloud
>fuck yeah lets level him up
>game ends
>wait what
>it's been 110 hours why did you end?
>i'm so lonely
>why square

Never could replay the game, It's just too sad.

I know there are mods but I can't trust them with my fun. I bet this will just happen again.
>>
>>343979057
PSP. fps 'problem' was fixed years ago.

Cutscenes and better translation and more content.
>>
>>343983232
>It's got dozens and dozens of characters
No it doesn't.
>>
>>343986446

It objectively does.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.