[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How hype are you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: 71f70pqaJML._AC_SL1500_.jpg (85 KB, 1242x1500) Image search: [Google]
71f70pqaJML._AC_SL1500_.jpg
85 KB, 1242x1500
How hype are you?
>>
Very since I never played FFXII
>>
>>343969536
Extremely. XII is my favorite RPG. I'm looking forward to trying the Job system, though I've already done research on it and am concerned in some areas, hopefully they make some minor changes for it.
>>
A lot, but would be 101% hype if they announced a regular mode to go along with the ZJS mode.
>>
>>343969536
I don't really like the class lock in for zodiac, so I dunno. The extra content is sorta tempting.
>>
>Caring about FF in 2016

Lol
>>
>>343969902
I hope they make all the characters powerful and unified so the switch-out format when one of them dies it's not as big of a deal because all the party can contribute heavy damage but I hope there's a spike in the difficulty because of it.
>>
I played the original a little but this Zodiac job system seems interested.

>>343969974

>if they announced a regular mode to go along with the ZJS mode.

That would be perfect, even though I would try the class system first.
>>
>>343969536
Only enough that I'll wait a chunk of months for it to go down in price before picking it up.
>>
>>343969536

Most wanted remaster for the last few years.
>>
>>343970127
Yeah, they did have regular Sphere Grids on FFX International, but I'm not holding my breath for FFXII tho, I think they'd have said something about it if it was planned.
>>
I've already played FF12IZJS on a modded PS2, and on PCSX2.

"""Remasters""" are for morons.
>>
So what classes do you plan on sticking with everyone?
>>
>>343970627
Theres no changes to the job system in this version? Just the same zodiac job system?

In that case, yeah, slightly better graphics aren't worth it at all.
>>
I never finished it. Remember I got stuck at the judge and stopped playing, so hell yeah I'm pretty hype.
>>
>>343969536
>hyped for a game that already exists
kek
>>
>>343969536
I'll get it for PC if it's DRM free
>>
>>343970665
Ashe as ninja if I remember their stats right, Basch as uhlan, balthier as a breaker so I only switch him out for debuffs, Fran maybe black Mage? And penelo as white Mage. Oh vaan as knight I think.
Could be wrong but based on stats I remember these being the optimal decisions.
Also remember that the damage cap is 99999 not 9999 and that all defense debuffs work. You can drop yiazzmat in a could minutes I think. Maybe 10 idk
>>
Have they already announced it for PC?
>>
>>343970058
It's not a new FF, you goon.
>>
>>343971618
True, it's a rehash of a shitty one.
>>
>>343971362
>I'll get it for PC if it's DRM free
Explain what negative impact DRM has on you when buying a game.
>>
Pc is too shit to run Izjs properly and it has my favourite gameplay of any rpg. Hyped
>>
>>343969536
>no amano art logo
trashed
>>
>>343969536
>50 bucks for a decade old ps2 game

guess they have to make up that money they blew on XV somehow when it flops.
>>
>FF12

Zero hype.
>>
>another cash-grab port to get more money to for FFXV development
>>
>>343971747
He wants to buy it, or maybe he'll just pirate it.
>>
>>343970627
The best part about beating Yiazmat is showing your friends online that you did
>>
>>343971881
How is it a cash-grab if people legitimately have fun with it?
>>
>>343971747
>when buying a game
No negative impact when I'm buying it, it's when you're, you know, playing it that the negative comes in.

I don't have to check in with Wal-Mart, Amazon or Gamestop when I want to play a game I bought from them, I don't have to have their proprietary app running in the background even though the game does not require it to function at all. No reason to not let me close Steam when playing a game other than to maintain control over the digital licenses I'm renting from them. It offers no advantages beyond some minor conveniences I already have access to, like taking screens or chatting with friends while playing.

DRM in general just removes some of your freedom as a consumer, it's only good for the content provider and allows them to more tightly control how and when you use their products/services. It's also generally a lot more inconvenient to paying customers, not to pirates.
>>
>>343970665
Does the international version allow for multiclassing? Because if so, then my party will be this:

Vaan = Hunter / Monk
Penelo = Uhlan / White Mage
Balthier = Machinist / Time Mage
Fran = Archer / Black Mage
Basch = Samurai / Breaker
Ashe = Knight / Red Mage

if its one class per character then

Vaan = Hunter
Penelo = White Mage
Balthier = Machinist
Fran = Red Mage
Basch = Breaker
Ashe = Knight
>>
>>343972317
You have no idea what you're even talking about. Do you have any idea how much shit is running in the background on your PC at any given moment? You think a launcher like Steam is hurting you in some way? Give me a break.

And here's a reality check for you - consoles are DRM. The entirety of the systems are DRM and they all require you to have an original disc in the system, even if that game is already installed. Yet another form of DRM already on top of the existing one... DOUCHE bag...
>>
It seems like they're keeping the ZJS completely, which should've been retooled a little. I know most people didn't like that there wasn't much distinction in the original when it came to classes, but ZJS needed to have at least a 2-class system for every character, instead of locking you into one path.
>>
>>343972709
>giving guns to Balthier
Never do this. His fancy animation takes longer than everyone else's, same deal with Fran and bows.
>>
>>343973178
Believe me, I know. In the standard version of FF12 I immediately gave Balthier katanas as soon as I got the chance and had Fran focused on black magick, but I'm going to replay FF12 different this time, going for the "traditional" setup (giving classes to the characters based on their personality / starting equipment).
>>
>>343972934
>Not addressing the actual content of the argument but instead resorting to the "B-b-but you're ALREADY doing that!" or "It's not hurting you, so why do you care?"
Every time. No one ever has any actual rebuttal to not wanting DRM beyond "Why do you care?"

>And here's a reality check for you - consoles are DRM
Did I say they weren't? That's why I don't fucking want my PC turned into a locked-down, console-like machine riddled with DRM. I already have a console if I want to subject myself to that bullshit, why would I want it on PC too where the entire point of the platform was the freedom I have to do what I want? Consoles even tried to pull online check-in bullshit Steam has to an extent already and even console players told MS to firmly fuck off. Digital distribution only makes it worse.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.