[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game strictly for weebs only or is it possible for people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (84 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
84 KB, 460x215
Is this game strictly for weebs only or is it possible for people to enjoy it too?
>>
It's definitely pretty weeb baity but it's a decent game on its own
If you're going to play a cave shmup just play Dodonpachi Daioujou, it emulates perfectly in shmupmame
>>
>>343962587
>doodoopoo diapers

Nice meme.
>>
My library consist of 90% western PC games, but I'd be damned if I don't have CAVE shmups in there. Also how is it weeb, in your opinion? There's only cutscenes at the end which aren't that weeby and your character sprite is pretty small. Is it the sfx?

>>343962587
Waiting on Dodonpachi to come to steam in the fall. Pretty excited.
>>
File: DS.png (3 MB, 1062x1278) Image search: [Google]
DS.png
3 MB, 1062x1278
>>343962363
It's fun.

Deathsmiles is also fun. I would recommend them both if you like arcade shooters.
>>
>>343962363
I mean if you like shmups and understand bullet hell games in particular, then there's no particular reason you wouldn't like Mushihimesama.

It's not like it lacks in the gameplay department.

I mean you should be able to look at like 5 minutes on jewtube and know if you have the desire to play or not.
>>
>>343962984
It's probably the art and name.
>>
>>343962984
>Waiting on Dodonpachi to come to steam in the fall. Pretty excited.
Too bad it's DFK and DFK blows
>>
>>343962587
>shmupmame

Why the hell hasn't there been an update for this in 3 years? Compatibility just keeps increasing in MAME, and yet games like Batrider remain unplayable due to the input lag.
>>
>>343962363
if you like shmups you like it, solid gameplay

you can turn voices off if you dont like hearing repetetive anime words

visuals of the actual game are all cool bugs n shit
>>
>>343964125
Lol that input lag is on the real machine so I guess they're "unplayable" in their natural state.
>>
>>343963182
deathsmiles sucks shit
>>
>>343964358
what's wrong with it?
>>
>>343964358
Deathsmiles is great because it's basically "my first bullet hell"; perfect for novices to the genre.
>>
>>343964765
This, but it also has difficulty options for people who want a challenge too. It just depends on what ranks you choose throughout the game. Deathsmiles can be easy or ball-busting.
>>
>>343963986
Why does it blow?
>>
>>343966791
Mainly because it has way too much focus on screen canceling, playing it at a scorefag level has the game slowed to a fucking halt 80% of the time with you in no real danger just milking screen clears.

I also just don't like its general design and style, it has no power system and the stage design is lackluster and the bosses all turn into giant anime girl robots and have annoying voice clips, etc.

It's just such a huge step backwards from Daioujou that essentially perfected the DDP formula and had amazing music, atmosphere, and stage design
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.