[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53 KB, 256x330
Dark Souls reveals that life is more suffering than pleasure, more failure than success, and that even the momentary relief of achievement is wiped away by new levels of difficulty. It is also a testament to our persistence in the face of that suffering, and it offers the comfort of a community of other players all stuck in the same hellish quagmire. Those are good qualities. That is art. And you can get all of that from the first five hours of Dark Souls. The remaining 50 or so offer nothing but an increasingly nonsensical variation on that experience.

If Dark Souls was a 5 hour game, it would be 10/10, but it's not, so it's not.
>>
i only spent around 5 hours on it before getting bored.
>>
>ITT: Faggots who never played Demon's Souls
>>
File: time.png (39 KB, 946x119) Image search: [Google]
time.png
39 KB, 946x119
>>343957140
>>343957248
Sounds like you two need to git gud
>>
>>343957140
>If Dark Souls was a 5 hour game, it would be 10/10, but it's not, so it's not.

what
>>
File: d6f.jpg (18 KB, 403x389) Image search: [Google]
d6f.jpg
18 KB, 403x389
>If Dark Souls was a 5 hour game, it would be 10/10
>>
>>343958716
It's not a 5 hour game, so it's not a 10/10

Reading comprehension?
>>
>>343958876
why would making the game shorter increase its score

it was more of a "what" like "that's retarded" instead of confusion
>>
>>343958973
Because the rest of the game is just nonsensical variation on that experience, like i said in the OP, which overall lowers the quality of the game.

Just because a game is longer doesn't make it automatically better. Dark Souls overstays it's Welcome. Should've ended after Bell Gargoyles.
>>
>>343959141
>this is what artfags belive
>>
File: 1467048078005.jpg (18 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1467048078005.jpg
18 KB, 499x499
>it's a bait thread where OP argues to the very end
>for free
>>
File: 1460527541334.gif (91 KB, 322x324) Image search: [Google]
1460527541334.gif
91 KB, 322x324
>>343958603
>git gud
>roll roll heal roll X100
Yeah no thanks.
>>
>>343959141
Just because youre too shit at the game to handle anything after Undead Parish doesnt mean the game should be gutted of all its content. fuck off. I bet you gave up in Blight Town like a little bitch.
>>
Fromdrones are getting more and more delusional with each day. But I guess they would, with such a massive emotional investment into the series.
>>
>>343959402
No, i finished the game. I'm just saying that after the first 5 few hours of the game you've basically seen it all and everything else is just nonsensical.

Can you not read? I mean i know most of /v/ is retarded, but not THAT retarded.
>>
>People will give OP replies
>I'm doing it right now
>You're going to do it too
>>
>>343959589
i know you think you've figured out the super deep message of dark souls, but it's actually just a video game you play for fun and there's a lot more to experience after 5 hours.
>>
Dark souls is still better as art than any meme games like Bioshock infinite or undertale desu

I'd put it or 3 up there with deus ex in terms of what games can be
>>
>>343959615
Here's a reply for you too, free replies, get em here!
>>
>>343958603
shit senpai
>>
>>343959753
What the fuck are you suddenly talking about depth. Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>343959998
i think you have issues, son
>>
dark souls was too hard to be fun. gave up when I beat the guy on the bridge and got killed by the fire breathing dragon at the other bridge. I just couldn't continue dying over and over. I don't enjoy being patient and the fact that it rewards patient players. I could never git gud
>>
>>343958603
Having that many hours in the PC version means that the PC version was your first experience with Dark Souls, therefore you're a fucking pleb.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquerors beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.
>>
>>343958716
I think he's implying that the latter half loses that magic the first half has and I somewhat agree except for the entirety of Nitos portion.
>>
File: 1445731429312.jpg (78 KB, 595x663) Image search: [Google]
1445731429312.jpg
78 KB, 595x663
>>343960476
Man you really typed all this self-indulgent bullshit up didn't you
>>
>>343960729
nah, he's trying to say that his pretentious artsy interpretation of the game is all it has to offer and you get the jist of it in the first 5 hours so it isn't worth playing after that
>>
>>343960476
>muh demon souls
2nd worst souls game, get that trash outta here.
>>
>>343960821
dude, it's pasta
>>
>>343959998
One off from quads
Rip
>>
>>343957140
>The remaining 50 or so offer nothing but an increasingly nonsensical variation on that experience.
This.
It's still a classic rpg with grinding, farming, backtracking, and looking and comparing numbers.
I'ts a great game, but it's not an artistic masterpiece every fucking intelectual wanabee wants to sell. It's pretty, the story and the way the plot reveals it is cool, yeah, but as a whole there's nothing growndbreaking here. It isn't even hard, it only punishes you more than the average modern game. For some reason people forget you can outlevel every single boss making all fights not trivial, but not impossible.

Also it seems weird that this fascination with Dark Souls started with the PC version, back when it was a console exclusive it was just another game, with it cool fanbase, like in Demon Souls. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great saga and I'm happy it became popular along with the genre, so we can have games like Ni Oh. But there's nothing unique when Demon Souls did all that shit years ago.
>>
>>343960848
What artsy interpretation are you talking about, what "depth" are you talking about?

You're a fucking mouthbreathing retard. Art doesn't need to be especially deep or esoteric
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.