[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good, simple title to introduce gaming to my 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 536x740) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 536x740
What's a good, simple title to introduce gaming to my 5 year old niece? She liked Animal Crossing, but I think it's a little too wordy for her level

I have a WiiU, GameCube, and n64. Suggestions are greatly appreciated, thank you!
>>
Super mario 3d world
Captain toad
>>
>>343955608
Basically almost any Mario game really. Go with Super Mario 64 or something.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 320x569) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 320x569
>>343955915
>>343956196
I should also note that she specified "no bad guys" since she's a big wuss

So something with few words, and fewer bad guys
>>
>>343955608
>all these mariofags
Go play the Kirby Super Star with her in co-op, be player 2. Or Kirby Epic Yarn/Return to Dreamland if you haven't got a SNES. Both these games are piss easy in co-op, but still highly enjoyable
>>
>>343955608
Dark souls
>>
Make her play puzzle games.
>>
>>343957160
Then Kirby Epic Yarn. You literally can't die in that game
>>
>>343957160
Like... what, no enemies or something? That really restricts things to puzzle games and SoL games right? Fine, what about a racing game? Mario Kart or something. Do Double Dash on the Gamecube and play with her.
>>
Stalker SOC
>>
>too many words in animal crossing
Tell that bitch to read.
>>343957751
Chibi Robo doesn't have enemies for a lot of the time.
>>
>>343957646
Thi
Kirby epic yarn is the perfect game for this
>>
>>343955608
Pokemon Channel for maximum comfy
>>
It's pretty wierd, but my 5 y-o cousin completed AA on my Wii and fucking lived it. I thought he would play Mario Kart or something like that when he came over. Dunno if it's even appropriate for a kid to play a game focused on murders and crimes, but the fact that he was smart enough to not just spam objections at all statements legit impressed me
Later that year he played Mike Tysons Punch Out, beaten everyone exept Mike
>>
>>343958423
*loved it
>>
>>343958423
>They're all using covers and the wrist strap
I'm somehow kind of impressed.
>>
File: 1465956151911.jpg (76 KB, 335x525) Image search: [Google]
1465956151911.jpg
76 KB, 335x525
>tumblr image
>image.jpg
>>
>>343955608
this tumblr picture made me laugh
why do we hate them again?
>>
>>343959037
Because of SJWs and hive mind.
>>
>>343955608
My little sister of 6 likes Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Red Dead Redemption, GTAV and she enjoys watching me play 2D platformers like Donkey Kong Country Returns and the Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion remake.

Basically she likes playing anything with 3D analog controls. She is a bit of a graphicsfag though as she refuses to play anything pixelated and calls it "the blocky" games.
>>
>>343959405
>GTA V and RDR
>6 years old
A kid shouldn't be playing games like that
>>
>>343959537
>people can't laugh at what I don't laugh at
>my humor is sophisticated and mature, just look at how grown up I am
>different tastes? w0w u must be some sort of retard
Kill yourself you Jian nigger.
>>
>>343959405
Oh and she currently plays some Barbie third person game where you rescue and train puppies. I think it's called Puppy Rescue, it's on Steam for 14,99 (yeah, I bought it on my own account).

We also beat a PS2 game called Over the Hedge in co-op, was pretty good for a kids game desu.
>>
>>343959620
She doesn't do much other than lasso animals and ride around jumping fences. It's probably more about the horses and stuff. I don't think she killed anyone in like 20+ hours she played the game, maybe a few chickens. Same goes for GTA. She actually refrains from shooting people because the cops start chasing you.
>>
>>343959729
>LE CAPS LOCK EXCITEMENT

xDDxddDDxD
>>
>>343955608
Why would you give a video game to a five year old kid?
>>
>>343960091
Yeah, actually it has to be the horses. She likes The Witcher 3 aswell, as long as she can ride Roach around. Always pauses the game and gives me the controller if there's any kind of monster though.
>>
>>343960220
I started playing video games when I was 3. Admittedly, I had no fucking idea what I was doing. My first video game was Sonic 2 and I never made it past the chemical factory stage. Watching me play probably made you want to kill yourself since I was the worst fucking player ever.

Then again, I was fucking 3.
>>
Undertale
>>
pokemon trozei 3DS
>>
File: 1467762340345.jpg (44 KB, 474x474) Image search: [Google]
1467762340345.jpg
44 KB, 474x474
>>343960552
My older brother got Sapphire version as his first videogame, but he was only ever playing casually. Anyway I always grinded up new pokemon for him. It got me started on videogames. After he beat sapphire I went to games for less and played through every pokemon game including Green version.
>>
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 1007x790) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 1007x790
OP here, just got back. Yeah, I think epic yarn or Superstar might be good, it's cute and Kirby is simple to play

And yeah, I know "no bad guys" limits things pretty significantly. It's even tougher finding a movie that she's not scared to watch

As for anons who care about the random image I pulled off my phone, I really don't care if leddit triggers you. It's a fucking image board
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 600x800
>>343960220
She's shown an interest, so I'll show her this hobby. It's something to bond over. Not like I'm forcing crap on her, and it's more engaging than plopping her in front of the tube
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.