[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: CastlevaniaHarmonyofDespair.png (275 KB, 334x400) Image search: [Google]
CastlevaniaHarmonyofDespair.png
275 KB, 334x400
What the fuck am I in for?
>>
>>343934040
A long, autistic grind.

Also if you play anyone that isn't Soma, you're gimping yourself.
>>
>>343934221
>Also if you play anyone that isn't Soma, you're gimping yourself.
Elaborate.
Even trying out Alucard and Charlotte for example isn't worth it?
>>
>>343934221
>tfw I maxed out Simon Belmont....
>>
>>343934407
You can probably get away with Alucard, since both him and Soma are the only characters that get weapon drops, but Soma has access to every single creature soul in the game with excessive grinding, and having souls like Puppet Master and Yorick give you access to anywhere on the map with no need for co-op, so being able to use game-breaking weapons while having the best mobility options in the game just makes everyone else pointless.

Shit, I don't think Charlotte even has a divekick.
>>
>>343934407
Soma is just straight up the best character in the game. If you find players online chances are you will find Somas. Even if you are geared you will be left in the dust by them and have nothing to do.
>>
>>343934407
Soma is OP as fuck. Souls are easy enough to get and he can use all the best equipment in the game.

Alucard is decent but basically a nerfed as fuck Soma.

Charlotte was good until she got nerfed. She's still decent but not nearly as good as Soma or Alucard.

Everyone else is grind for 1000 hours to level up their skills, and even then they aren't nearly as good as Soma.
>>
>>343934040
literally never play with anyone that isn't japanese everyone else just sucks
>>
>>343934831
Alucard is cooler than Soma
>>
>>343934040
A dead online with the few you do find having end game gear that can finish the stage before you can blink. If you have friends to play with its fantastic.
>>
File: 1466040119064.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1466040119064.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>343935547
Considering they soft-nerfed Valmanway against any boss past Chapter 6, I don't even see how Alucard is any sort of viable past that point.

I've seen more Johnathans grinding for Miser Rings than I have Alucards.
>>
>>343935927
Alucard has "fun" weapons that get him some use like the one that summons random monster or his floating sword. They aren't good but people use him for them anyway.
>>
>>343936773
>HoD
>fun
>>
>>343936904
Its very fun if you have a good crew.
>>
>>343935927
>Considering they soft-nerfed Valmanway against any boss past Chapter 6, I don't even see how Alucard is any sort of viable past that point.

Doesn't stop the Somas!

>all that futile flailing for 1 damage
>>
>>343938350
>all that futile flailing for 1 damage
Its fucking unbearable when they try that shit during chapter 10. You'd think they'd learn too but nope, they bring it back again time and time again.
>>
>>343938350
With the DLC level, I can't remember which one either chapter 9 or 10, the one that is dracula's castle from the 8bit game, you can get a Valmanway +1 as well as a Claim Solias +1, both do the regular damage of Val before it got nerfed.
>>
>>343938350
Most Soma's just moved to Claimh Solais and Fish Head for DPS.
>>
>>343939267
That's what I ended up using towards the end. Claim +1 does insane damage.
>>
I've been waiting a year for the DLC to go on sale, but I guess it never will. I'll wait until next week's sale to see and if not, I'm just gonna buy it anyway.

Really bums me out that they didn't port this game to the new consoles before Konami went full-pachinko. I was hoping for a sequel.
>>
>>343939614
They're making a spiritual successor since they can't use the Castlevania name anymore. I can't remember what the game is called.. Blood something?
>>
>>343939848
Is it going to be a huge crock a bowlshit?
>>
>>343940003
Really hard to tell. The first set of screenshots looked amazing, but since then they've kinda changed the art style which looks a lot worse in comparison. Still, the game it self might still be loads of fun.
>>
>>343939848
Is it Bloodstained, or something entirely different? Harmony of Despair really had me intrigued in the looting aspect of it.
>>
File: bloodst.jpg (353 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bloodst.jpg
353 KB, 1920x1080
>>343941045
That's it, Bloodstained. This is what the original concept for the game, it does NOT look like this at the moment. When I first got into HoD I was hooked on it. It was an xbl arcade game too, I ended up playing that game more than a lot of actual games.
>>
dead servers.
>>
A dead game.
>>343941446
The KS campaign for Bloodstaines explicitly stated that the concept art is NOT representative of the final product, and that it was going to be 2.5D from the beginning.
>>
>>343936904
HD, not HoD.

HoD is harmony of dissonance

Also HD is a boring game if you're playing solo, and even with online randoms it's not too great.
The real fun comes from playing with friends and with fresh characters.
>>
>>343942382
>>343941485

The dead servers is probably the biggest problem. If you can get some friends to get the game with you, that's really all you need.
>>
>>343934040
a dead game.
a real fucking shame too
Why did this never get a pc release?
>>
>>343942717
Because Konami is afraid of money.
Which is also why we never got another Igavania game, and instead got god of war portable gothic edition, and FUCKING PACHINKO
>>
Metal remixes: the game
>>
>>343942717
Why didn't Yugioh get a PC release? Hearthstone is big (and I know they're not the same game in terms of length) but I feel like it could do well on something like steam.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.