[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you get mad at videogames? If you do, why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: Anguish.png (1 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
Anguish.png
1 MB, 1280x1280
Do you get mad at videogames? If you do, why?
>>
I dont enjoy that people will intentionally or unintentionally come into matches specifically where rank and title are on the line and ruin someone elses experience.

If you know you arent good, why are you playing competitively?
If you want to ruin other peoples time and enjoyment, why havent you killed yourself yet?
>>
Tedious "hard" games
>>
Yes, but I shouldn't.
It is never an all-consuming rage, more like a moderate annoyance, mild anger.
Generally, it's cause of "bullshit."
A good example includes the game I'm currently playing, Dark Souls 2.
>Attack Cyclops in the river at the start of Forest of Giants, the first area post-tutorial
>He goes for a grab, so I dodge to his right
>I take the hit from the grab itself (why does a grab do damage?)
>Then my character teleports into his hands and is killed with a two-hit bite that also induces bleed, cause I have next to no bleed res at level 7

A more "casual" example.
>About 1/3 of my deaths in Overmeme where I get killed through walls, hooked through walls, hooks going miles out of their way just to hook me, Widowmaker in general, making a call that Reaper is behind us as Mercy cause I saw it and the Pharah or whoever I am with does nothing as my health is lowered from 200 to 2 in one hit and then I die, THEN they turn around when he starts attacking them
>>
I periodically get impatient or annoyed, but if I feel worse than that, I simply shit it off and come back later. Anger only means that you're more emotional rather than rational, meaning that children who get angry at video games are dumbasses.
>>
>>343929963
Are you Indian?
>>
>>343929673
this
low tick shit game
everyone bunny hops to fuck up their hitmodel
>>
File: C U N T.png (677 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
C U N T.png
677 KB, 1366x768
>>343929180
>When you know you can do it, have practiced tons of times already but you just can't do it no matter what
>>
File: 1448563232599.jpg (77 KB, 887x1097) Image search: [Google]
1448563232599.jpg
77 KB, 887x1097
I get furiously mad at the games I love, yelling and pounding everything around me because I hate that I'm not better at something I feel passionate about.

If I hate a game I just don't play it.
>>
I rarely get mad at the game itself anymore, but if it's multiplayer and someone's pissed off and acting like a fucking kid I get mad as hell.
>>
CS Go can get me mad
but it's more about the community than the game
>>
>>343929180
When that fucking bullshit happens when it very obviously shouldn't have
>>
File: 1454589666891.jpg (48 KB, 486x280) Image search: [Google]
1454589666891.jpg
48 KB, 486x280
>>343929180
>snipers
>dealing lethal damage at any range
>the game scales your own damage based on how far away you are to your target
>>
File: heh... nothing personnel.jpg (214 KB, 789x590) Image search: [Google]
heh... nothing personnel.jpg
214 KB, 789x590
When I play CS:GO and the other team is obviously better I don't rage, but I DO fuck around and grief / game throw. It's way more fun than trying and getting stomped. Makes my team super fucking angry and salty tho. I always get kicked and issued cooldowns because of tryhard faggots.
>>
I get a bit frustrated sometimes, but I don't think I've ever been mad or angry at a video game, single player or multiplayer. Not since my balls dropped, anyways.
>>
I only get mad at stupid deaths that shouldnt happen in the first place

I.e In Witcher 3 apparently enemies bolts/arrows can penetrate fucking trees
>>
I do when I'm drunk. I'll unplug the controller fast and in a furious manner.

The fact that I have issues like this when I'm drunk makes me drink creating a cycle.
>>
>>343929484
cry about it
>>
I did when I was younger, I would like grunt and moan and squeeze or smash my controller. I never get mad at vidya anymore, I guess I just got better or I've learned to control my anger
>>
First time I ever swore was cause of TMNT on the NES when I was like 8 or 9
>>
I used to get mad when i lose. Now i get mad for not being able to play them.
>>
>>343929180
>getting mad at video games
hasn't happened since doing the second wizpig race as a kid, but that's understandable since as a kid you're more prone to acting out of your emotions.
>>
>>343933206
>When I was younger I would grunt and moan and squeeze or smash
>>
OK, so I'm a very calm person. I've never really gotten angry with a game, I sort of have that mentality that "it's just a game" and it just doesn't warrant my anger... but all of my friends play League of Legends now, and its the same map every single time. I feel like its psychologically damaging...
>>
File: Livid Anime Dude.png (395 KB, 572x443) Image search: [Google]
Livid Anime Dude.png
395 KB, 572x443
>Playing Mass Effect 2
>Acquiring the Reaper IFF
>Get to the part with two Scions
>Shields are down and about to die
>Running to cover
>Dumbass Shepard auto-covers on the wrong side of the cover
>Get shockwaved to death
>Respawn two battles ago because of the horrible autosave
>Mfw
>>
>>343936116
>it's another "hackers and smurfs on dust 2" episode

reported
reported
all reported
>>
>>343929180
knew some autist back in school who used to elbow his walls when he would die in games n shit, he had loads of dried blood on his walls. being angry with games is a trait of disney book loving autismos
>>
> It's a "game autosaves in a spit where you are guaranteed to die and your last real save was four hours ago" episode
>>
File: Actros-2532-Kukd-34.jpg (406 KB, 1659x1009) Image search: [Google]
Actros-2532-Kukd-34.jpg
406 KB, 1659x1009
>>343936116
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.